Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Ellie Godfrey said:

Pure speculation. I haven't seen or heard any racism from Pedro's family and friends.

People don’t have to say “I hate black Americans” to be prejudice.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

I am trying to diet and now I wish I wouldn't have seen that Nachos Box at Taco Bell commercial. 😛I want one!

They’re not that good.

• Love 2

Wow, feeling the Oklahoma hate tonight. Honestly, I never thought I would live in OK, but I do. I have very good friends here who share my liberal views. I live in a lovely large home with a pool, and have a career I love. Sure the political leanings in the state are not in sync with mine, but we are happy here. Pao is a snob and never gave OKC a chance.

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, Ellie Godfrey said:

Pure speculation. I haven't seen or heard any racism from Pedro's family and friends.

Pedro's mother made some remarks about being "pure Dominican", which are problematic. there's a lot of racism in the DR. A lot of Dominicans pretend they have no Native or African ancestry, which is hooey, of course. (I have a young friend who's Dominican--her mother once told her to straighten her hair because she didn't want people to think she was Haitian.) Relations between Dominicans and Haitians are really bad. People with Haitian roots who were born in the DR are being deported. Its a mess. However, I've seen no indication that Pedro's family and friends look down on Black Americans. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

People don’t have to say “I hate black Americans” to be prejudice.

They usually show some sign of bigotry. What have any of them done? Besides celebrating Pedro's escape from the family Chantel tagteam abuse??

• Love 7
1 minute ago, jacksgirl said:

Wow, feeling the Oklahoma hate tonight. Honestly, I never thought I would live in OK, but I do. I have very good friends here who share my liberal views. I live in a lovely large home with a pool, and have a career I love. Sure the political leanings in the state are not in sync with mine, but we are happy here. Pao is a snob and never gave OKC a chance.

JacksGirl, Oklahoma is a beautiful place to live, with kind, open-minded people. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Pedro's mother made some remarks about being "pure Dominican", which are problematic. there's a lot of racism in the DR. A lot of Dominicans pretend they have no Native or African ancestry, which is hooey, of course. (I have a young friend who's Dominican--her mother once told her to straighten her hair because she didn't want people to think she was Haitian.) Relations between Dominicans and Haitians are really bad. People with Haitian roots who were born in the DR are being deported. Its a mess. However, I've seen no indication that Pedro's family and friends look down on Black Americans. 

I appreciate your insight.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

I am trying to diet and now I wish I wouldn't have seen that Nachos Box at Taco Bell commercial. 😛I want one!

Have a drink of water, it will pass!  Are you on a Keto diet btw?

• LOL 1
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

It's the Family Chantel they dislike.

• Love 8
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Ellie Godfrey said:

They usually show some sign of bigotry. What have any of them done? Besides celebrating Pedro's escape from the family Chantel tagteam abuse??

Abuse, really?  I’m laughing at that one.

And I remember that “pure Dominican “ remark Pedro’s mom made, that told me all I need to know.

Edited by Neurochick
4 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

I feel you. I live in the same town as Betsy DeVos but I don't share her

• LOL 7
2 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

JacksGirl, Oklahoma is a beautiful place to live, with kind, open-minded people. 

The only thing I know about Oklahoma is from Switched at Birth. It seemed ok.  I just didn't get why Pao was so resistant. Especially with a better job opportunity for Ross

• Love 2

And if Pedro's family are prejudiced against Black Americans, well, its a two way street. Chantel's family of snobs have looked down on their dark skinned, Hispanic, blue collar son-in-law with great enthusiasm. There's plenty of bigotry and ignorance to go around. 

• Love 15

Why is this show so difficult to figure out -different names, different times, same show with 2 additional minutes and its "extended", jeez. Fills an entire dvr with one show with about dopes.

What's the deal TLC?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

And if Pedro's family are prejudiced against Black Americans, well, its a two way street. Chantel's family of snobs have looked down on their dark skinned, Hispanic, blue collar son-in-law with great enthusiasm. There's plenty of bigotry and ignorance to go around. 

I only see concern from Chantel’s family.  Chantel however needs to set boundaries with them if she wants her marriage to work.

1 minute ago, itsadryheat said:

Why is this show so difficult to figure out -different names, different times, same show with 2 additional minutes and its "extended", jeez. Fills an entire dvr with one show with about dopes.

What's the deal TLC?

TLC is milking this franchise dry, sigh!

Just now, Frozendiva said:

Wonder if David hid the cards.

I wondered that too

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Mercolleen said:

"Don't terrorize me with your pregnancy!"

I hate to say but I agree with him. She’s using it as a weapon to control him and her father. And it worked with daddy, I hope Andrei holds his ground. She was an idiot to get pregnant.But I suspect it was no accident, she knew she could use it to get her way.

• Love 5

Annie needs to do stand up!

David, however, seems determined to get her to join the military, so he can be a military wife and follow her around the country to exotic locations that she pays the bills and provide him with health insurance for yet another gastric bypass procedure.

With all that, I still think Andy and David are cute, despite my better judgment. 🙂 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2