Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I really hope Oliver has a good justification for not immediately telling Felicity about the body swap. I'm going to withhold judgement until I see the episode, but Oliver lying to Felicity about anything at this point is not a great look. 

The reddit poster indicated it was because they were worried about her drugging both of them-like Iris did Oliver-because they don't want another meta prison situation with the two of them locked up. Which I think is as good an explanation as we can get in this mess, especially since there's precedent with Felicity, LOL.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

The reddit poster indicated it was because they were worried about her drugging both of them-like Iris did Oliver-because they don't want another meta prison situation with the two of them locked up. Which I think is as good an explanation as we can get in this mess, especially since there's precedent with Felicity, LOL.

😂Yeah, Felicity is definitely not above drugging or tranquilizing someone when it suits her purposes. A rare occurrence of Barry and Oliver remembering history and being smart about something!

• Love 1

Maybe Iris even learned about that during their talk about Oliver's incarceration. And to think, I once drugged him after sexing him up to save his sorry ass from another self-sacrificing scheme! On the other end of the line:... 

• Love 2

So I’m taking this to mean that they’re good now? No more fighting when we get back from hiatus? (I’d love to see one more scene tomorrow night with them but that’s probably just getting greedy at this point...)

https://tvline.com/2018/12/10/arrowverse-crossover-recap-elseworlds-part-2-batwoman-oliver-felicity/

‘OLICITY’ EVER AFTER | Initially, Oliver decides to keep Felicity in the dark about the body swap because he thinks they already have enough marital problems. So naturally, when Felicity learns the truth, she’s upset that Oliver didn’t trust and respect her. Caitlin pushes her not to give up on love, while Barry urges Oliver not to wait too long to work things out. Thankfully, Oliver takes his advice and tells Felicity that it’s OK that they’re changing because it means they’re growing and evolving as people. But one thing will not change: “You’ll always be the love of my life,” he says before the couple kisses. And in case that smooch wasn’t reassuring enough: “Yes, they are made up now. They’re in a good place,” Schwartz confirmed. Through the process of becoming “a different person, literally, in the crossover,” Oliver “was able to understand [Felicity’s] journey, which made for a perfect time for him to realize that he might have been overreacting in Episode 8, and it was a nice resolution, as well.”

• Love 5

https://ew.com/tv/2018/12/10/elseworlds-batwoman-superigrl-secret-identity-olicity/

“Yes, they’re made up. They’re in a good place now,” confirmed Schwartz, before explaining how she had to fit Oliver and Felicity’s relationship story into the crossover madness. “Since [Arrow consulting producer Marc Guggenheim] wrote [episode 9] and I wrote [episode 8] and knew what the arc was, we just kind of worked together to make sure that it all came together as a piece,” said Schwartz. ” I think it worked out kind of perfectly because as, well, she’ll say, I guess not until the episode after that, but just the fact that he became a different person literally in the crossover and she’s become a different person, he was able to understand her journey, which made for a perfect time to realize that he might have been overreacting in episode 8, and it was a nice resolution as well.”

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Yes, they are made up now. They’re in a good place,” Schwartz confirmed. Through the process of becoming “a different person, literally, in the crossover,” Oliver “was able to understand [Felicity’s] journey, which made for a perfect time for him to realize that he might have been overreacting in Episode 8, and it was a nice resolution, as well.

It would have made a nice parallel if they'd at all shown how him being a different person in the eyes of others made him rethink how he reacted but yeah, we didn't get that and I would not have picked up on it without the interview.  Honestly, I don't care why it's fixed now except that it IS fixed and glory be, it was fixed in an actual Arrow episode.  Where they showed them emotionally all year it never made sense for them to have their fraught moment go down like it did but as long as that's all over and we can just go back to pretending Felicity is dead and trying to blow up the Glades, I'll take it, lol.  

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Wow. So it really was just a plot point to have them at odds for the crossover.  

Seriously this better mean the end of "Felicity is ruthless" comments and the whole "Evil Future Felicity" thread. 

That's not what she said, at least not how I read it. She said that she knew the plot of the crossover (body swap) before hand.

As far as I can tell Beth just admitted she used the crossover as a cheat to shortcut Olicity drama/angst and get a quick resolution to what she knew needed to be addressed (separation and how the grew/changed while apart).

1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

That's not what she said, at least not how I read it. She said that she knew the plot of the crossover (body swap) before hand.

As far as I can tell Beth just admitted she used the crossover as a cheat to shortcut Olicity drama/angst and get a quick resolution to what she knew needed to be addressed (separation and how the grew/changed while apart).

Yeah, I don't think it was supposed to be just a plot point for the crossover since it's worth addressing on the show, but the overly dramatic way they left it hanging and how they served it up and resolved it in the episode reduced it to feeling like just manufactured for the crossover.  

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Yeah, I don't think it was supposed to be just a plot point for the crossover since it's worth addressing on the show, but the overly dramatic way they left it hanging and how they served it up and resolved it in the episode reduced it to feeling like just manufactured for the crossover.  

I basically call it a cheat or shortcut but, yeah manufactured angst to get a quick/easy resolution. Beth knew she had to address issues: Oliver making unilateral decision to go to prison, Felicity having PTSD, Felicity going dark (which also supports FF). However to handle those organically would take time (they didn't want to spend) pretty sure no one wants more Olicity angst or separation. 

Instead you get shortcut, Oliver over reacts to "Felicity being a different person", Oliver gets crossover body swap and becomes a different person, Oliver learns lesson and Felicity finds herself in a better place knowing he understands and supports who she is now. Kiss, make up, happily ever after.  Now that the Olicity issue is addressed/resolved we can all move on, no more angst.

It's a cheat but, considering how much I hate angst and how poorly Arrow has handled Olicity issues in the past it's one that I can live with.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 10
34 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

It would have made a nice parallel if they'd at all shown how him being a different person in the eyes of others made him rethink how he reacted but yeah, we didn't get that and I would not have picked up on it without the interview.  Honestly, I don't care why it's fixed now except that it IS fixed and glory be, it was fixed in an actual Arrow episode.  

Exactly. A better show would've handled this differently, but it's this show, so I'm just grateful and relieved to turn the page and not spend the entire hiatus fretting about my OTP. Now we can move on to bigger and better things, like conceiving Maya, LOL. (I'm gonna continue to ride that train until I see it derail.)

40 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Seriously this better mean the end of "Felicity is ruthless" comments and the whole "Evil Future Felicity" thread. 

It probably will. I imagine 710 will probably be when they start to reveal what's really going on with Future Felicity, just like how 410 was when they revealed that she wasn't the one in the grave.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

BS: “I think it worked out kind of perfectly because as, well, she’ll say, I guess not until the episode after that, but just the fact that he became a different person literally in the crossover and she’s become a different person, he was able to understand her journey”

When Beth says that Felicity will say this in “the episode after that” do we think she’s referring to tomorrow night, or 710?

1 minute ago, Trisha said:

When Beth says that Felicity will say this in “the episode after that” do we think she’s referring to tomorrow night, or 710?

I think she means the next Arrow episode - so 7x10. They're probably gonna want to give a recap to people who might not have watched (or known about) the crossover.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Exactly. A better show would've handled this differently, but it's this show, so I'm just grateful and relieved to turn the page and not spend the entire hiatus fretting about my OTP. Now we can move on to bigger and better things, like conceiving Maya, LOL. (I'm gonna continue to ride that train until I see it derail.)

It probably will. I imagine 710 will probably be when they start to reveal what's really going on with Future Felicity, just like how 410 was when they revealed that she wasn't the one in the grave.

And maybe 710 is when we see more Olicity sexytimes followed by Maya Reveal in FF 

In addition to the quotes above, here's the eonline article about the Crossover: 

Schwartz said that the crossover came up at the perfect time in that storyline, because Oliver and Felicity's problems had to do with them being different people after he got out of prison, and now Oliver's had to become literally a different person.  

"He was able to understand her journey, which made for a perfect time for him to realize that he might have been overreacting in episode eight, and it was a nice resolution." 

Schwartz teased that they discuss it a little more in future episodes, but you can all rest easy, because Oliver and Felicity are doing OK, assuming they get out of whatever's happening tomorrow. 

I'm happy to hear this. Even though I'm glad they've gotten past this hurdle before the hiatus, but it's a good thing that there will be some follow up in future episodes

• Love 7
2 hours ago, jay741982 said:

YES! We DESERVE another 320 or 520

I so want you guys to prove me wrong but I think our days of big sex scenes are over. 

Aren't they fussy to film? They've given us all the relevant ones so I doubt we'll get anymore. 

34 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I so want you guys to prove me wrong but I think our days of big sex scenes are over. 

Aren't they fussy to film? They've given us all the relevant ones so I doubt we'll get anymore. 

I won't rule it out but there would have to be a plot point for it to happen rather than just giving us candy.  Though I'll take right now them fading to black or waking up snuggly too right now.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, lemotomato said:

We've seen them have sex even more recently than we've seen them in bed together, so I'll take a waking up in bed together scene too.

Legs in a mirror don't count enough as seeing them in bed together for me either. ;)

I'm probably in the minority but, i don't see the need for sex scenes once the couple gets together. Couples have sex we all know that, thematically there's no need unless you want to make it a plot point (pregnancy, failed pregnancy, relationship tension brought on by infertility or sexual dysfunction, etc). 

At this point, I don't expect it nor care but, like I said I'm probably sitting at a table for 1 😁

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm probably in the minority but, i don't see the need for sex scenes once the couple gets together.

No, same. Stuff like 708 is fine to me, unless they wanted to do some bigger scene for a pregnancy reveal later on (or do the "Olicity implied to have sex transition to a future scene with Maya" thing again).

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm probably in the minority but, i don't see the need for sex scenes once the couple gets together. Couples have sex we all know that, thematically there's no need unless you want to make it a plot point (pregnancy, failed pregnancy, relationship tension brought on by infertility or sexual dysfunction, etc). 

At this point, I don't expect it nor care but, like I said I'm probably sitting at a table for 1 😁

Need and want are two different things.  :D 

The story may not need to show it but they do such a great job when they do, it should be treated like the stunt department, always trying to think of new ways to show off the action.  May I suggest an episode where Olicity are supposed to be having a day/weekend off and bad guys keep getting in the way?  Just a whole episode of coitus interruptus until they aren't.  And then for the big finish, they get freak out by not getting interrupted, and during the afterglow, rush out and save the day one last time. 

Where can I submit my script?

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 7

Gotta be honest. I would've liked an Olicity sex scene after he got out of prison. It would've been the perfect time - sexy reunion after months apart - but I guess they're done with those kind of scenes. It's a shame because they have such amazing chemistry but oh well. I genuinely never expected the kind of scene we had in 520 so we've already been given more than most. 

But I would also be satisfied with some domestic scenes like waking up in bed together or getting ready for bed or something similar to the "zipping up her dress" moment. Those small moments can do a lot for a shipper heart. Haha.

As much as I wish the resolution didn't happen in the crossover (which always prioritizes plot over character even more than Arrow usually does, leading to dumb table setting stuff like "let's not tell Felicity!"), I'm still pretty impressed by the pacing of this. Two episodes of conflict seems just about right -- it was long enough to feel like they took Felicity's concerns/anger seriously instead of just sweeping it under the rug, but not too long that it felt dragged out for angst's sake. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

So it occurred to me we got three episodes and three kisses.  I’m going to also need one in the next episode to make up for the very long hiatus.  What are our odds?

There's still an unspoiled kiss per SA, right? Though I'm guessing it'll be something like Nora planting one on "The Flash." 

I hope there's more to reconnecting than a one-sided conversation and adorable smooch in a crossover, but I suppose that's what fanfic is for.

Edited by calliope1975

So it occurred to me we got three episodes and three kisses.  I’m going to also need one in the next episode to make up for the very long hiatus.  What are our odds?

Logically they should be kissing every ep cuz that's what normal married people do so you're not asking for much at all. 

I want a random snog session like Henry and Bess on M Sec last week. 

• Love 3

If it were me, I'd begin 710 with the two of them flirting while Oliver trains Felicity. Their flirting would eventually end in kissing which gets interrupted by William walking into the room, saying they're gross and he wishes he was back at boarding school. This way I could get three things I really want: Olicity kisses, Oliver helping Felicity work through her personal safety issues, and Little Will back. I honestly can't believe how much I miss that kid, but the Queen family doesn't feel complete without him and I need that dynamic back in my life, especially to balance out the flashforwards.

• Love 14

The press release won't come out until around Jan 3rd/4th ish, so I would guess the promo would come that following Monday on the 7th featuring a bunch of Emiko, Oliver, and whatever the VOTW is for the episode. Maybe they'll do a mega promo for the first 5 episodes post-hiatus like they did for pre-s7 promo.

13 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I think we probably won't get it until mid-January. I'd love to be wrong, though.

Should get one this week with a return date.  Then get a longer one right after New Years that's what happened for almost every year that I can remember

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

We got the 6x10 promo right after 6x09 aired. I think it's because of the crossover, so I'm assuming that once it concludes tonight, the midseason premiere promos for all three shows will be released, probably tomorrow.

Agreed and depending on return dates we will probably get 710 episode description after Christmas and a longer promo around 1/7 or somewhere that week.

Last year the show returned 1/18, we got 610 description Christmas Week, 611 New Years Week and then a promo around 1/11.

Edited by Morrigan2575
16 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I won't rule it out but there would have to be a plot point for it to happen rather than just giving us candy.  Though I'll take right now them fading to black or waking up snuggly too right now.  

Next one should be when Maya is Conceived 😁😁😁

• Love 1
1 minute ago, scarynikki12 said:

I’m going to laugh my ass off if they follow tradition and have a major sex scene in 720 with a pregnancy announcement in the finale. 

Ooh you are a genius for putting that out there in the universe!!!!!!! 

😚😙😗😘

Edited by Mellowyellow
Because scarynikki deserves kisses for her brilliance
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Now we need to work in our new code word...hmmmmm...conceiving Maya=Smoothies? Or just sexytimes=Smoothies?

Ok I took this seriously so I actually went off to portion a slab of Costco beef (costco is the best) so I could think about it. 

I'm thinking:

Sexytimes = smoothie

Maya = thickshake (more robust than a smoothie, you mean business when you order a thickshake)

😁

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

When 710 begins, I expect Felicity to know everything Oliver talked about with the Monitor. EVERYTHING. 

It won't happen. That way it'll be a nice surprise for everyone he loves when he bites it during next year's crossover.