Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I'd guess SS who plays Emiko since they did the whole "soon" thing and would have been in like 3-4 episodes by then, but then if they reveal someone in the flashforwards in like 706 I guess that would be a good guess too

Oh yeah, I forgot we haven't had an official casting announcement for SS yet.

2 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Yeah, that's fine (although their 701 is now in my top 10 imo). I'm just saying there's a huge difference between "decent" and defining his work as "30 secs of Olicity seeing each other at the end over a desk it will be." Bitterness at something he did doesn't define what he will do

I think "decent" for me is not great when it comes to Olicity. It's passable and not bad which can be said about other ship moments too. 

For example that green light scene in one of the clips in fine but it's not great imo and their moments can be so great. 

So yes I'm not looking forward to a decent reunion. A reunion should be epic and Bamford most likely isn't going to deliver epic. 

4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

For example that green light scene in one of the clips in fine but it's not great imo and their moments can be so great. 

So yes I'm not looking forward to a decent reunion. A reunion should be epic and Bamford most likely isn't going to deliver epic. 

Idk, to each their own, then. I thought their 701 scene was epic/great and it was the last episode he did, so if he can deliver that again, I think it will be fine, assuming they have a reunion scene in 707. I'd guess most of the Olicity stuff would come with 708, though.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

But that's not the director's decision, that's a writing decision. 

Now, if we can't properly enjoy the reunion because of a shaky camera, that's on him. 

Wouldn’t the way the scene was shot be the director’s decision? Like putting a table between them or only shooting them from the chest up during the emotional moments? I thought that finale scene was horribly shot. YMMV, of course.

• Love 6

I'm intrigued to know what decisions Felicity makes for her family, per the synopsis for 708. And who's challenging those decisions?

If her decision is to blow off Oliver's party (?) so the two of them can screw each other seven ways to Sunday, I stand by her decision too!

• Love 9

I'll also take Felicity deciding that her family is only Oliver and William. Diggle can be part of it if he goes back to being the Diggle who cares about her. 

Maybe Felicity decides that Oliver can no longer make decisions on his own and all of his decisions must be family decisions. Wouldn't mind that. 

Then again, consider the history of episode descriptions. Felicity learning about Level Two was a "secret about Oliver" in 705. 

1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Then again, consider the history of episode descriptions. Felicity learning about Level Two was a "secret about Oliver" in 705. 

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if this was creative summarizing because Chico is terrible at this and there's a bunch of ~big stuff that happens in the MSF, so she's like....decisions and a painting! That's the ticket.

• Love 7

If KM isn't in 707, then this episode with the family mentions pretty much pushes that she's in it, especially since Oscar and Beth wrote it and introduced the flashforwards

Offhand, my guess is that the decision she makes might be that neither of them will do any vigilante stuff anymore so Olicity can get their "making decisions by themselves that affect both of them" conversation to come up to then be resolved by the end of the episode with Oliver suiting up again sans mask.

1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I'll also take Felicity deciding that her family is only Oliver and William. Diggle can be part of it if he goes back to being the Diggle who cares about her.

This X infinity.  I really, really want a scene or two where Felicity burns NTA and the current version of Diggle to the ground and tells them to stay away from her family since they were so fast to recommend that she just move on anyway.  

But it will probably be something ridiculous.  

It kinda makes it sound like it’s a decision she’s already made and is sticking with it so are we gonna see something she does in 707? 

Maybe it'll be something as stupid as Oliver wants William to come home immediately and Felicity goes, "Oliver, there's 1 week left in the semester. You just visited him. Let him take his tests, get the grades for his transcript, then he'll transfer to his old school here. Think about his education." 

Maybe she wants to leave William in boarding school until Diaz is taken care of? This could link up to future William saying they left him. Not that I think they do, just that it will make the audience think so?

IDK. This doesn’t give me good feelings at all. 

23 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Maybe she wants to leave William in boarding school until Diaz is taken care of? This could link up to future William saying they left him. Not that I think they do, just that it will make the audience think so?

After rereading it, I think this is what it is - that's the only recent decision she's really made about her family (assuming this isn't referring to a decision she makes in the next couple of episodes), and if Oliver's going to be going out as the Green Arrow - not counting whatever decision he makes that affects them in the prior episode - then I think she'd want him to stay away from them, and it will probably parallel with something in the future that will likely be another misdirect.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

After rereading it, I think this is what it is - that's the only recent decision she's really made about her family (assuming this isn't referring to a decision she makes in the next couple of episodes), and if Oliver's going to be going out as the Green Arrow - not counting whatever decision he makes that affects them in the prior episode - then I think she'd want him to stay away from them, and it will probably parallel with something in the future that will likely be another misdirect.

Yeah. I’m leaning towards this too. But oh boy, I don’t see this being well received by the audience if Oliver wants to bring William home and Felicity is insistent that they don’t for a while. ?

I wonder if her decision is to remain out in Star City. I can see Diggle trying to put her & Oliver back in witsec to keep them safe from Diaz and other enemies, and Felicity refusing. She already decided against witsec once. We know they get William back at some point, since future Will said she taught him how to use that tech, that she has yet to invent.

6 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Yeah. I’m leaning towards this too. But oh boy, I don’t see this being well received by the audience if Oliver wants to bring William home and Felicity is insistent that they don’t for a while. ?

Just because she stands behind the decision and they possibly fight over it doesn't mean she wins. For all we know, she makes her case and Oliver convinces her otherwise, they bring William home and we find out that that's what led to his rift with O/F in the future (assuming the "Felicity makes certain decisions for her family" is in the past and not the present, since the next sentence doesn't necessarily go with it). 

27 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

If Oliver didn't make his solo dumbass decision it wouldn't come to this. 

Haters are going to hate and doormat advocates are always going to blame her for daring to stand up to idiotic Oliver. 

• Love 7

I'm worried that the decision is that there must be consequences for Oliver deciding to go into prison without consulting her and so she says that now that he is out of prison and safe, she's separating from him for a while because that's why she broke off their engagement in the first place and he's still doing it. Sort of an extended "Go to your room and think about what you've done" thing.

If KM is in it, maybe the decision is about not having any more kids aside from William because of what he has had to go through so far because of being part of Oliver’s life. And then, bam, Maya shows up in the flash forwards. So something like the wedding last year. Maya shows up in 707, hey bros William, causes a stir. Then in 708, after a marathon sex session Felicity goes to the bathroom and comes back. You know what we talked about last week? Oliver’s face falls, because he already has both first and middle names for their four kids picked out. Turns out it’s a no go. The stick turned blue this morning. Hands the test to Oliver.

• Love 8

My initial instant reaction to the summary was bad things for Olicity, maybe a separation (because that seems to be their go-to relationship angst move) but I can’t gel that with Olicity supposedly having sexy times in this episode? Unless EBR wasn’t really hinting at that at all? 

(And I can also admit that I haven’t seen any foreshadowing to a separation. They’ve felt very cemented as a couple tbh.)

Basically I have no idea at all. ?

5 hours ago, Angel12d said:

It kinda makes it sound like it’s a decision she’s already made and is sticking with it so are we gonna see something she does in 707? 

My first thought was she was just defending the lengths she went to find Diaz and protect them.  And since they still are looking for Diaz, she wouldn't want to back down from those methods.  

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I'm worried that the decision is that there must be consequences for Oliver deciding to go into prison without consulting her and so she says that now that he is out of prison and safe, she's separating from him for a while because that's why she broke off their engagement in the first place and he's still doing it. Sort of an extended "Go to your room and think about what you've done" thing.

I don't think there will be any kind of separation. She's glue now even if she is upset. And Oliver would only go if he thought he was a danger. 

If there is a "go to your room and think about what you have done" I think it will be under the same roof. (Need a roof of their own first though) 

I could see them having sexy times and then a big fight where all the emotions come out and maybe it will take until after the hiatus to fully resolve all of the issues and we could see them tiptoeing around certain topics or even doing some avoidance behavior, keeping busy with other stuff, but I don't think this scenario is going to produce asking for space.  They both spent too much time trying to undo the physical distance to put more between them.  But the emotional repercussions will probably still play out some.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

My initial instant reaction to the summary was bad things for Olicity, maybe a separation (because that seems to be their go-to relationship angst move) but I can’t gel that with Olicity supposedly having sexy times in this episode? Unless EBR wasn’t really hinting at that at all? 

(And I can also admit that I haven’t seen any foreshadowing to a separation. They’ve felt very cemented as a couple tbh.)

Basically I have no idea at all. ?

I can see them going with a separation or a fight about something in the future which is either "confirmed" in the future or twisted to be the opposite depending on what goes down. 

Hey we thought it was something Robert/Emiko related before and it was something that shouldn't have been any kind of secret. It's also way complicated by the assumptions we've been talking about Maya etc have in no way been confirmed even unofficially.

And since they write for plot, logic and what came before don't fit in. I mean like Emiko Queen could be revealed to be his wife in the future or his daughter with Tatsu not his sister and it wouldn't make sense but that wouldn't stop them from writing it. - Note I am in no way saying this is likely just examples.

Edited by Featherhat
56 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Seeing Felicity with Laurel and Rene really makes me miss OTA.

Yeah fuck these writers for this crap. I do not get why this is forced down our throat and they dont stick to what made the show popular 

• Love 2

I’m not minding the Felicity/Laurel scenes but first Dinah and now Rene asking if they’re friends makes me roll my eyes. Stop it. They’re glossing over a lot of stuff to make this happen. It’s starting to annoy me a little. 

I hope 7b gives me some dynamics back I actually really enjoy instead of keeping them apart to force these “friendships.” 

1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

I have been surprised and of course very happy that they've been giving us so much Laurel/Felicity. I know Rene snuck up on them but where the hell did he come from? We see Laurelicity walking and then BAM! there's Rene. 

Invisibility cloak?

17 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I’m not minding the Felicity/Laurel scenes but first Dinah and now Rene asking if they’re friends makes me roll my eyes. Stop it. They’re glossing over a lot of stuff to make this happen. It’s starting to annoy me a little. 

I hope 7b gives me some dynamics back I actually really enjoy instead of keeping them apart to force these “friendships.” 

Same. Hopefully this changes once Oliver’s out of prison and we can get Olicity scenes again. And hopefully we’ll get our Diggle back again. (Speaking of, I’d like a sneak peek that shows me we won’t be getting John “Move on, Felicity” Diggle in 706 since that’s what the photos suggest. I want to be wrong.)

And I hate it every time someone asks if Felicity and Laurel are friends now because it just reminds me that Felicity’s “friends” aren’t actually her friends right now and haven’t been in some time. 

Like Dinah asked if they were friends in the same conversation she told Felicity to go back to witness protection where Diaz nearly killed her. 

• Love 10

Edited media clip from previously posted E! News interview with KM, where she said that the "hardest thing about being on Arrow is not spoiling things because I do have a lot of secrets up my sleeve" (warning: video includes Shadowhunters spoile)...

Edited by tv echo

Saw this on tumblr and think it sounds like a good guess (although I just wonder why Oliver would be unmasked in the crossover if he's supposed to be dead, but the faking death thing makes sense)

http://jules85.tumblr.com/post/180181861978/decisions-decisions-decisions

A few days ago, I asked the question what was Barry as Oliver doing training at ARGUS with Diggle in the crossover.

I then read an awesome spec from @thesunnystar about The Ninth Circle, their connection to the Dante painting Curtis is trying to decipher, and the real possibility that they are our real big bad of the season.

I can’t link the post as I’m on my mobile. It goes into great detail, but here’s the basics;

The Ninth Circle are an international criminal organisation and bank. The board of directors are corrupt execs from various corporations. The lower members are forced to join by the organisation or a group called The Underground Men.

Their leader is Dante.

Current members include Brick, Eddie Fyers.

Former members include Cyrus Broderick, Robert Queen, Moira Queen, Emiko Queen.

Allies include Malcolm Merlyn, Queen Industries, Yakuza.

So, for the last few days I’ve been theorising about Arrow.

What else is new?

Then we got the episode description for 7x08 and things started to come together.

The final piece came to me when @almondblossomme posted her spec about Oliver having his own Suicide Squad after faking his death.

This idea stirred a memory.

At the start of the season there was talk about Arrow really going heavy into the comics. I think it was Stephen that mentioned the Green Arrow Rebirth comic; The Hard Travelling Hero.

Now, in my extensive research (google) I saw that there are two versions of this; one with Green Lantern, and the new Rebirth comic with just Green Arrow.

When I read the book description things started clicking into place.

- ‘They killed Oliver Queen. They made the Green Arrow an outlaw. The Ninth Circle will gather it’s forces to destroy the hero’s very soul. Buildings will topple. Innocents will starve. Disease will spread and Seattle will die.’

'Unwilling to let another city suffer the same fate as Seattle, Green Arrow kicks off a quest to hunt down the Ninth Circle across America.’

'He has to make amends with those he’s alienated to take down his deadliest foes.’

Are you with me yet?

Here is my theory. (Yes, I know. I have a lot of theories lol)

7x07 entitled 'Slabside Redemption’ sees Oliver make a choice that will affect his entire life, as well as the lives of everyone he cares about.

What is the choice he makes?

To stay in Slabside and see out his sentence.

The appeal to get his conviction overturned is unsuccessful. Felicity pleads with him to escape. But he’s firm in his decision not to lead the life of a fugitive. For his family’s sake, more than his own.

Then, Diaz somehow gets into Slabside. We know they have a fight and a riot occurs.

Oliver dies.

Or at least, Diaz and the public think he’s dead. But he’s not.

7x08 entitled 'Unmasked’ is essentially the mid season finale, so things are going to come to a head. Secrets and clues will be revealed or dropped.

The description reveals that Felicity will stand by her recent decisions regarding her family.

Now, the doommongers have her asking for a divorce.

Just…no.

That woman is not going to spend the season fighting for her husband, trying to protect her family, just to hand him divorce papers. If I’m wrong, I’ll eat my own hat.

So, what is the recent decision she made regarding her family?

I think it’s a decision she made regarding Oliver.

A decision she made without his approval.

Lyla, Diggle, and Curtis have deciphered the painting by this point, and the ties to a corrupt organisation and Diaz. Unable to trust the hierarchy at ARGUS, Lyla needs someone she can trust to help her take down The Ninth Circle.

Oliver Queen.

The Green Arrow.

Lyla, Diggle, and Felicity concoct a plan to start a riot at Slabside to cause a distraction to fake Oliver’s death and get him out. (Think s3 with Roy)

When he gets out, Oliver is not happy about it, as it means that he is essentially a fugitive, and that William has to stay at Boarding school.

Felicity stands firm in her decision. She had to be ruthless. (She has precedent for going to extreme measures for her man; drugging him in Nanda Parbat, saving him in the Atom suit, going after him in the police precinct last season)

I’m also thinking that this will all tie up in perfect parallels with the flashforwards.

As it’s revealed that Oliver is alive in present day, the flashforwards will reveal that Felicity is alive in the future.

Felicity stands by her recent decisions regarding her family in both the present and the future. In the flashforwards, she faked her death to protect her family.

This all then leads to the second part of the season, where Oliver, Felicity, hopefully John and maybe present day Roy go on their quest across America to bring down The Ninth Circle. By this time, Diggle will have realised what the last six years meant to him, and Roy has been sent by Thea to help her brother. Maybe even Emiko will be along for the ride. But Emiko has ties to The Ninth Circle. She’s a former member who wants to take them down. That’s what her list is; Ninth Circle members. Oh, Emiko is the new GA btw lol.

The newbies and BS will stay in Star City. They have established solid links to the city; Dinah as Police Captain, LL as DA, Rene with his daughter and the Glades. Curtis…possibly dead. But probably not. This is my wishful thinking. But it makes sense.

I think Oliver will call on them to watch over the city and later bring them into the fold when required.

6x23 already saw him 'make amends with those he’s alienated’ with that apology tour he did.

So now he has to focus on his marriage and his brother. And possibly getting to know his half sister.

Felicity making this decision for Oliver means that the writers can do their typical 'have Felicity walk in Oliver’s shoes so we don’t have to admit that once again Marc Guggenheim is a hack’ trick. So don’t expect any apologies from Oliver.

Or maybe Beth will surprise me. We’ll see.

The idea of Oliver and Felicity leaving doubles down on Future William’s reveal that they just left him. We’re supposed to think that the last time he saw them was 7x01 and before. But that’s not true.

I think this Ninth Circle group will go full circle and tie back to the shows origins. I think it will be revealed that they had ties to The Queen family, Malcolm, the Yakuza and the Undertaking.

One big giant conspiracy.

• Love 5

Didn't one of the Van paps mention that Emily and Stephen had been filming a scene for the MSF where they're on their way to a party (the one that they shot for...whatever episode that was that had the BTS pic of  a good chunk of the cast sitting together on their phones with their feet up - fandom thought it might be an anniversary party or a welcome home party?), but they got held up? If I'm not misremembering, Oliver going out in public at all would indicate that he's not faking his death.

• Love 2

Yep, page 5 in Spoiler Only thread, Paps caught EK, RG, JH, EBR, DR filming and someone (I think a fan) caught "Ollie" in partial Arrow gear.

This was for the Metro Hall filming location. The filming notice says 100 extras filming a nightclub scene and the fan said he caught hot girls in club clothes going into the placd

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Yeah, it was JH - she posted a pic of those boots on her Instagram.

Yeah as I started reading the tweets it said JH had those boots on her Instagram story.

All signs point to formal party/night out celebrating.

I do think Oliver could end up working for Argus with TA as new Suicide Squad type group.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Yeah, the death thing is what throws me off, but the idea of a separate group connected to shady parts of Argus and Emiko's backstory being the big bad instead of straight up Argus I actually like and can see. At least it would kind of give some reason why Emiko shows up nowish rather than earlier (other then the obvious "because we didn't think about yet" bts reason).

Edited by way2interested
15 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

So it sounds like the Queens are still living in a building. I wonder if the house is a future residence, or if it's someone else's house altogether?

If it's a Queen family apartment, I hope the set decorator isn't using Queen Consolidated floor tiles as a backsplash anymore, and gets poor Oliver away from the concrete walls that will for sure remind him of prison.

• Love 4