Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I can't even begin to think about the Writers Room talk making Diaz a Big Bad for present/future SC.  Of ALL the villains this show has had or could have keeping Diaz around is just pure stupidity. 

If he is, I would've loved to have seen #KidVicious hyping himself up over it. Staring in the mirror, and smacking himself repeatedly like, "Yeah baby! Who's the big man?! YOU'RE the big man!!! THAT'S RIGHT!!!!11!!!"

• Love 8

Diaz is not killing Felicity in the present, because she obviously lives long enough to establish Smoak Tech and to give birth to Maya (assuming she’s the Olicity kid). Diaz isn’t killing Felicity in the flashforward because she’s already presumed dead in the timeframe we’re seeing and the show isn’t going to have flashbacks of the flashforward. And I don’t think KA is referring to Diaz in the flashforward because the show has been so strict about keeping a lid on the FF details they’re not even allowing actors to announce their casting. If KA blabbed about them so casually Beth would skin him alive.

• Love 7

I get this picture of KA finally getting written off, and he shows up at the CWs office in a stupid costume and starts screaming "I AM THE DRAGON!!!" at various people until security has to drag him out. 

I have no idea why an actor would just spoil a character death so casually, especially in a petty bitter post to some random fan. Ad far as favorite characters he might kill, the best bet is probably Anatoly, who has always been popular with fans, even when he was against Oliver, and is not a major enough character to really rock the show, but is established enough that the audience would actually care.

I dont WANT that to happen, and would rather watch Anatoly repaint his living room than watch Derp Dragon do anything, but as the writers seem to think that people just love the guy, I could see them doing this. Its really freaking stupid, but I could see it happening. *starts prayer circle* 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Mine are Stan and Anatoly. I honestly hadn't given Talia a thought, but maybe? 

I was just trying to figure out why they brought her back. Although, it seems like twitter believes Talia is Emiko's mother which would make sense as to why she randomly popped up in 705

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

If he is, I would've loved to have seen #KidVicious hyping himself up over it. Staring in the mirror, and smacking himself repeatedly like, "Yeah baby! Who's the big man?! YOU'RE the big man!!! THAT'S RIGHT!!!!11!!!"

????? DEAD! Kudos to you @apinknightmare!!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I was just trying to figure out why they brought her back. Although, it seems like twitter believes Talia is Emiko's mother which would make sense as to why she randomly popped up in 705

Yeah, I thought she might be Emiko's mother, although her connections to Diaz would make her a target (although I don't think she did anything last night that would've pissed him off, unless he was doing something with the Level Two experiments). 

If Talia is the mother of Oliver's half-sister then poor Oliver, first he realized that Isabelle also bedded his father, and then that his mentor Talia did too. He can never get away from the shadow of Robert.

Until I learn that Anatoly is really dead, I'm hoping it's Curtis.  He's just had an epiphany that he loves working for ARGUS (at least that's what I got from the end of the last episode), it's "Smoak Tech" not Smoak-Holt Tech, and KA is just clueless enough to think that Curtis is a fan favoaurite.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I get this picture of KA finally getting written off, and he shows up at the CWs office in a stupid costume and starts screaming "I AM THE DRAGON!!!" at various people until security has to drag him out. 

I have no idea why an actor would just spoil a character death so casually, especially in a petty bitter post to some random fan. Ad far as favorite characters he might kill, the best bet is probably Anatoly, who has always been popular with fans, even when he was against Oliver, and is not a major enough character to really rock the show, but is established enough that the audience would actually care.

I dont WANT that to happen, and would rather watch Anatoly repaint his living room than watch Derp Dragon do anything, but as the writers seem to think that people just love the guy, I could see them doing this. Its really freaking stupid, but I could see it happening. *starts prayer circle* 

They are so bent on trying to make Diaz scary and a threat so I can see them deciding the way to make him "respected" (never going to happen) is kill someone that will hurt.  Quentin hurt but his death was caught up in the stupidity of the whole BS is my daughter thing so I never even think about Diaz in relation to it.  Diaz has a personal grudge against Anatoly and feels he betrayed him (funny who everyone around him seems to do that, after a while you'd think he'd figure out it's a him not them problem)  So yeah, I fear that Anatoly is in mortal danger. :(

I can also see them having the reformed team have a fail because they really are still not whole.  They need Oliver.  

• Love 2

@tennisgurl you're onto something there

Until we see some sort of massive meltdown from him I don't expect KA (not calling him Avocado anymore, it's such a nutritious and sought after fruit here he doesn't serve the name) to go anywhere. It'll probably be obvious when he gets written off cuz he'll have some sort of loopy spectacle and go fight with someone.

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 1

Just one more thing, if they really do have Diaz, the most uncharismatic bore ever to return to our screen, kill Anatoly, one of the most consistently charming recurring characters the show has created, essentially just to prop up Diaz's already failed character, I will be forever PISSED at the trade-off.   

• Love 22

Killing off one of their best reoccurring characters to prop up one of their worst would be the most terrible idea in the history of this entire franchise. And as someone who has been with this franchise for awhile now, that is really saying something. 

• Love 9

Killing off Moira (and losing ST) was a terrible idea, but I didn't resent Slade or MB for doing so. If KA/DDDiaz kills off Anatoly, it still won't make him threatening in any real sense of the word, and it will (sigh, once again) show TPTB are terribad story tellers. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

Just one more thing, if they really do have Diaz, the most uncharismatic bore ever to return to our screen, kill Anatoly, one of the most consistently charming recurring characters the show has created, essentially just to prop up Diaz's already failed character, I will be forever PISSED at the trade-off.   

I bet it's coming. This is the show that's destroying the Relationship between Dig and Felicity so Dig can give Pep Talks to Curtis who once hurt him last season and to Dinah while not helping out his true friends and so Felicity can crash and buddy up with Rene who once tried to kill Oliver AND BS Laurel who killed a lot, helped Diaz escape basically. All about pushing the Newbs BS and Diaz all the worst of Season 6 

• Love 2

I still think it's hilarious that Felicity almost took down Diaz with a poker in 701 - and then Diaz subsequently steals and injects himself with a super strength serum.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 16
20 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I still think it's hilarious that Felicity almost took down Diaz with a poker in 701 - and then Diaz subsequently steals and injects himself with a super strength serum.

When you put it that way, hahaahahahaahhaahah!  (Oddly enough, I can imagine KA identifying with his character's choice)

Edited by BkWurm1

706 pics here: http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-due-process-official-preview-images/

AR706B_0076bc.thumb.jpg.a72b4c4e5497c98f5a47ae0ceffabdee.jpg

Let me just say if the words "move on" come out of Diggle's mouth... 

ETA: 

ARR706a_0157bc.thumb.jpg.88e83d5f28cf0f4ed8c670286e9bce14.jpg

First of all, it's so wrong to see Diggle and Felicity on opposite sides -- especially with Black Siren on Felicity's -- even if the photos just make it look that way and that's not what happens in the episode.

Also, I really like Laurel's jacket in this photo. I honestly don't even know if I'll like it in the episode, but there's something about it in this photo. 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 3

I just made those promo pics appear with the power of my mind. ?

Let's hope Diggle stops being a dick to Felicity and remember that he's supposed to be her friend!

3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I just made those promo pics appear with the power of my mind. ?

Let's hope Diggle stops being a dick to Felicity and remember that he's supposed to be her friend!

Now go use that power to get rid of Curtis for us. 

And generate an Olicitot while you're at it ?

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Based on the way the pics look, I don't think that's going to happen, LOL.

Don't take this away from me! ?

Just now, Mellowyellow said:

Now go use that power to get rid of Curtis for us. 

And generate an Olicitot while you're at it ?

I'M TRYING. BELIEVE ME. 

6 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Sadly I don't think this will ever be addressed on-screen. All I know is we better not get a scene with Oliver thanking Diggle for looking after his family while he was locked up. (Though I wouldn't put it past the writers.)

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 14
Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

Sadly I don't think this will ever be addressed on-screen. All I know is we better not get a scene with Oliver thanking Diggle for looking after his family while he was locked up. (Though I wouldn't put it past the writers.)

I will burn everything to the ground if this happens because what exactly did he do apart from put them in witsec that didn't work anyway?

In some of the pictures Laurel looks offended. I wonder if DIgg's not gonna wanna work with her? If that's the case (I'm about to say something I never thought I'd say), I hope Felicity overrides him. I may not be totally sold on Siren, but she's been the only one really supporting her... so I'm willing to give her a chance. NTA can all still choke tho lol.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

I will burn everything to the ground if this happens because what exactly did he do apart from put them in witsec that didn't work anyway?

Exactly. But sadly, I could see it happening for the Oliver/Diggle bromance and to show they're in a much better place than last season. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, tv echo said:

AR706B_0015bc.jpg

AR706B_0261bc.jpg

AR706B_0275bc.jpg

ARR706a_0177b.jpg

ARR706a_0237b.jpg 

If only that 3rd photo was all of the people who turned their backs on Oliver lamenting and truly feeling sorry for what happened last season and realizing how they haven't helped their friend Felicity but it won't be 

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Also, I really like Laurel's jacket in this photo. I honestly don't even know if I'll like it in the episode, but there's something about it in this photo. 

I actually noticed Felicity's second outfit. She looks pissed and ripped there. She's giving me Sarah Connor vibes.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

706 pics here: http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-due-process-official-preview-images/

AR706B_0076bc.thumb.jpg.a72b4c4e5497c98f5a47ae0ceffabdee.jpg

Let me just say if the words "move on" come out of Diggle's mouth... 

ETA: 

ARR706a_0157bc.thumb.jpg.88e83d5f28cf0f4ed8c670286e9bce14.jpg

First of all, it's so wrong to see Diggle and Felicity on opposite sides -- especially with Black Siren on Felicity's -- even if the photos just make it look that way and that's not what happens in the episode.

6 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I actually noticed Felicity's second outfit. She looks pissed and ripped there. She's giving me Sarah Connor vibes.

This set of pics?  Agreed 

20 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I've actually been hoping that we do get a scene like that and Diggle is forced to admit that he didn't help Felicity at all. But yeah, if Oliver thanks Diggle and Diggle accepts the thanks, I will punch my TV. I'm so mad that I feel this way about Diggle, but it's been infuriating to watch him (1) insist on playing by ARGUS rules, but (2) encourage Dinah and Curtis to return to their vigilante activities, but (3) while simultaneously shutting Felicity down when she plays outside the rules to track down Diaz. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I've actually been hoping that we do get a scene like that and Diggle is forced to admit that he didn't help Felicity at all. But yeah, if Oliver thanks Diggle and Diggle accepts the thanks, I will punch my TV.

Oh, I'd love to see Diggle admit he didn't help Felicity and I'd love to see him have to tell Oliver he told her to "move on."

But that would never happen. Instead, the scene would be exactly what would you have you punching your TV. 

Oliver: "Thanks for looking after my family."

Diggle: "Of course, man, you'd do the same for me."

And I don't know if they'd have Felicity say anything to the contrary.

Instead, we'd probably get a scene soon after where Diggle checks on how Rene's doing. 

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

And I don't know if they'd have Felicity say anything to the contrary.

I'm actually pretty sure they won't.  Even if they have her still be hurt and angry about it, which they should but I doubt they will, protecting/fixing Oliver and Dig's friendship has always been so important to her that I can see burying her feelings rather than rocking the boat by telling Oliver that Dig was a useless, condescending jackass to her when she needed him most. I'm guessing it may eventually come out but it will probably be several episodes after I've destroyed my TV by throwing things at it during the nearly inevitable Oliver thanks Dig scene.

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Oh, I'd love to see Diggle admit he didn't help Felicity and I'd love to see him have to tell Oliver he told her to "move on."

But that would never happen. Instead, the scene would be exactly what would you have you punching your TV. 

I agree that we're probably not going to get this, but only because I don't think the writers are intending for Diggle to come off as badly as he is. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I agree that we're probably not going to get this, but only because I don't think the writers are intending for Diggle to come off as badly as he is. 

Yep. I think the problem is that they figure people would understand Diggle not putting on the GA suit for his family -- which I do. 100%.

The disconnect comes with Diggle becoming Mr. ARGUS and taking time to talk to Dinah and Curtis. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Yep. I think the problem is that they figure people would understand Diggle not putting on the GA suit for his family -- which I do. 100%.

The disconnect comes with Diggle becoming Mr. ARGUS and taking time to talk to Dinah and Curtis. 

I think - just given 7 years watching this show and that new leadership is still making some bad decisions - that they consider the Diggle not helping/being supportive issue settled because Felicity decided she couldn't work with ARGUS the way Diggle wanted her to, and that they parted amicably so that Diggle could go push the plot with ARGUS further (and encourage Dinah). I would be really surprised if they gave any thought to how it was coming off, and just focused on whatever plotty thing they needed him to set up for the future and moved on.

• Love 3

I just realised we haven't had an Olicity ep this season. 

We usually have 2 a season whether good or bad. Beth hasn't even given us one. I get that there is a prison storyline etc etc etc but after that isn't it jumping into that weirdass crossover?

Where is my first half Olicity ep???

24 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I would be really surprised if they gave any thought to how it was coming off, and just focused on whatever plotty thing they needed him to set up for the future and moved on.

Yeah, exactly. They're probably reacting to the anger at Digg with the same surprise as the previous regime when they became aware of the anger at the newbies. It really surprises me how they fail to anticipate the way the audience might respond to the stories they write.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Yeah, exactly. They're probably reacting to the anger at Digg with the same surprise as the previous regime when they became aware of the anger at the newbies. It really surprises me how they fail to anticipate the way the audience might respond to the stories they write.

I expect it at this point, because this show has always been plot-based and isn't the character piece a lot of them (Tonya, ahem) like to think that they're writing. That doesn't seem to be any better under Beth than it was under MG - they're just moving these people like chess pieces around the board. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, JJ928 said:

In some of the pictures Laurel looks offended. I wonder if DIgg's not gonna wanna work with her?

It’ll be the one thing that will make Diggle a little recognizable this season. But given how much this show is pushing this frenemy thing, Digg will probably be dipping fries in milkshakes at the end of the episode ?

I’m distracted by Dinah’s boobs in this photo. And that’s quite a feat with Felicity’s abs right there. 

BC984F4A-2976-4AFC-84F2-E847CBF44B96.jpeg

• Love 1