Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, bijoux said:

I’m doubtful about Arrow’s future being reset, simply because I think they plan to extend that narrative past this season.

Yeah Beth said they plan on Flashfowards rest of the life of the series 

6 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Is anyone finding the lack of press in regards to Felicity's death odd?

I dunno it seems really weird that they dropped this big news and then the cast, producers etc haven't acknowledged it. 

I think it’s a good sign we haven’t gotten any interviews about it. Because I think any interviews about it would include something like “That’s the future, Felicity is still very much alive in the present, etc. etc.”

Interviews are more likely to confirm Felicity’s death. Anything else would probably risk spoiling whatever’s going on in the future. So until Beth says in an interview, “yes, Felicity is 100% dead in the future,” I’m going with she’s alive. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

All I know is if she’s dead, other characters better be too. I’m going to be really pissed off if every single other character is alive and Felicity is the only one who isn’t. 

Especially Dinah, who they showed is completely useless in the present and in the future. 

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Especially Dinah, who they showed is completely useless in the present and in the future. 

I hope the Smoak Tech sign in the future falls on her head and kills her. What, too much? ?

It's possible that she's actually dead, we'll see how she died by season's end, and the post-season finale interviews will be all "we told you she'll be dead in the future way back in November and you chose not to believe it" but, for all their faults, they're not stupid enough to think that will fly.  They put it out there now to get people talking and to lay the groundwork for a big reunion during May sweeps.  I think we'll learn she's alive (and in hiding or captive) during February sweeps.  I'd guess the May sweeps reunion (of Felicity, Oliver, William, and Maya) will parallel a pregnancy announcement.  Then the question becomes if season 8 opens with Felicity giving birth or if they'll convince Emily to wear a belly for a couple months so that Maya is born during November sweeps.

• Love 1

The bitchy, raging side of me wonders if that's why JH was so gleeful about Ep 4 (she was absolutely gleeful, I watched the vid). The show finally kills off the insanely popular female lead and maybe she thinks she has a shot at her moment of glory in later seasons.

If Felicity is dead I personally hope this show burns and fails like a pile of runny sludgy diarrhoea ridden poop. I'd pray for it if I was religious!

Yes I am saying that because the only reason I watch this show is Felicity. I'm not going to pretend otherwise.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, scarynikki12 said:

It's possible that she's actually dead, we'll see how she died by season's end

A flash-forward flashback?!

They’re gonna need to show me an actual Felicicorpse for me to believe she’s gone, LOL. Like, pull a Laurel digging up Sara sequel. 

3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

The bitchy, raging side of me wonders if that's why JH was so gleeful about Ep 4 (she was absolutely gleeful, I watched the vid).

I think it was because Dinah lives, is still somehow vigilante-ing, and has a protege (I bet she loved the Zoe pin scene). I would hope even the densest of people would realize that parallel ~love stories with one part of a ship with two different love interests running at the same time wouldn’t work (but, then again, some people involved with this show are not smart). 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

that Barry and or Nora reset the timeline and whatever happened doesn't so that Felicity and Oliver never abandon William and the Glades doesn't turn into that hellhole.

Knowing these shows, the flash forwards ARE after Barry and Nora have fixed the timeline. 

Personally, I'd love for them to turn out to be lying and all of this really is on Earth 2.  Just reveal that Roy and William were transported there unknowingly and that explains why there's been no contact with Oliver and Felicity (E2 Oliver is long dead and E2 Felicity doesn't even know him), and why things have gotten worse in the Glades (E2 Central City was way fancier so it stands to reason that E2 Starling City is more rundown).  Zoe and Dinah can be explained with a one liner (Zoe and her parents were visiting Central City when all the metahumans were created or that she's got her own version of Laurel's screaming tech while Dinah refused to be a Zoom lackey and he had one of his minions steal her Cry as revenge).

This could also be a hint that this is a post-Crisis of Infinite Earths situation and Star City fell into further ruin as a result.  I think the Arrowverse has to do that story eventually so this may be foreshadowing a future crossover.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I think it was because Dinah lives, is still somehow vigilante-ing, and has a protege (I bet she loved the Zoe pin scene). I would hope even the densest of people would realize that parallel ~love stories with one part of a ship with two different love interests running at the same time wouldn’t work (but, then again, some people involved with this show are not smart). 

I wasn't even thinking about her being a LI. Moreso the fact that if Emily leaves the show, that's a huge obstacle lifted for her because of how insanely popular Emily/Felicity is.

6 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

They’re gonna need to show me an actual Felicicorpse for me to believe she’s gone, LOL. Like, pull a Laurel digging up Sara sequel. 

This. I’m going to need to see proof. And even then I probably won’t believe it because if they were to dig up Felicity’s body now and say it has been 8 years like that possible spoiler, I doubt anyone would be able to look at it and go, “definitely Felicity.”

That being said, I can’t see Roy or William going, “I’m going to need to see her body,” so I don’t see them pulling a Laurel. 

I do expect future clues for Roy and William to suggest that maybe it’s not Felicity guiding them or she set it up before her “death.”

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I wasn't even thinking about her being a LI. Moreso the fact that if Emily leaves the show, that's a huge obstacle lifted for her because of how insanely popular Emily/Felicity is.

Oh, LOL. I thought that’s what you meant by “moment of glory.” My bad!

18 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

This. I’m going to need to see proof. And even then I probably won’t believe it because if they were to dig up Felicity’s body now and say it has been 8 years like that possible spoiler, I doubt anyone would be able to look at it and go, “definitely Felicity.”

That being said, I can’t see Roy or William going, “I’m going to need to see her body,” so I don’t see them pulling a Laurel. 

I do expect future clues for Roy and William to suggest that maybe it’s not Felicity guiding them or she set it up before her “death.”

Oh, I didn’t think they would dig up her body, haha. I just meant that’s what it would take for me to believe it. 

Man, if someone other than Felicity is sending those clues I’m gonna need to see a break in the chain of custody of that hozen and proof that whoever set it up knew that Felicity loved puzzle-in-a-puzzle Rubik’s cube. Her kid is the only option I will believe. If it’s 14 PhD Curtis, I’mma be mad for multiple reasons. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

If it’s 14 PhD Curtis, I’mma be mad for multiple reasons. 

Oh god I just had the horrible thought that we’re going to see that in 705.

William: “But all of this had to be from Felicity!”

Curtis: “You know, I do have 14 PhDs. Well, 25 now, because I had 14 20 years ago.”

Roy and William: “That’s not possible. We must’ve accidentally stumbled onto an alternate Earth where people buy PhDs at the store. Sorry everyone, this isn’t our problem.”

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

think we'll learn she's alive (and in hiding or captive) during February sweeps.  I'd guess the May sweeps reunion (of Felicity, Oliver, William, and Maya) will parallel a pregnancy announcement.  Then the question becomes if season 8 opens with Felicity giving birth or if they'll convince Emily to wear a belly for a couple months so that Maya is born during November sweeps.

My money is on Felicity being kidnapped/held prisoner and using her brains to send clues to get help.

I'd honestly be shocked if it turns out anyone from the present is actually dead.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

My money is on Felicity being kidnapped/held prisoner and using her brains to send clues to get help.

Maybe she has her own Stan helping her out, sneaking through the secret tunnels to plant the clues she gives him/her. :*)

• Love 1

I’d believe Oliver is getting another LI in the future if Amell sparked with anyone else. As it is, he has mostly NOTP faces with everybody not named Emily Bett Rickards. 

I keep seeing people on Twitter and Tumblr hint that Felicity is really dead. And they’re people who seem to have known stuff in the past. @Soulfire didn’t you get an early peek at the premiere and have heard some confirmations since? Or am I confusing you with other Twitter people?

Sadly, because I have zero faith in Arrow's TPTB, I can see them actually killing off Felicity, and then when the Felicity/Olicity fans leave in droves, they'll do an interview whereupon they are surprised at the negative reaction. None of these people can read a room. (Hi Rory!)

However, I'm not going to worry if and until EBR says her goodbyes.

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I keep seeing people on Twitter and Tumblr hint that Felicity is really dead.

I don’t know how anyone could know for sure at this point. If they were told by a cast member I wouldn’t trust it because of Beth and her no spoilers crack down. And they’ve only fully shot 10 episodes so far and can’t have written more than 16 (and of those 10 at least I’m pretty sure all signs would point to her actually being dead because that’s what they want us to believe, unless there’s a MSF reveal to the contrary). 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Sadly, because I have zero faith in Arrow's TPTB, I can see them actually killing off Felicity, and then when the Felicity/Olicity fans leave in droves, they'll do an interview whereupon they are surprised at the negative reaction. None of these people can read a room. (Hi Rory!)

However, I'm not going to worry if and until EBR says her goodbyes.

I honestly don’t think anyone associated with Arrow would be stupid enough to say they were surprised by the reaction if they did kill off Felicity. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I honestly don’t think anyone associated with Arrow would be stupid enough to say they were surprised by the reaction if they did kill off Felicity. 

Well, if people like Tonya think the fandom has wanted her dead for a long time, maybe they are that stupid. LOL. 

I don’t want her dead, but if she is at least I will be released from my prison, Tatsu!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

All I know is if she’s dead, other characters better be too. I’m going to be really pissed off if every single other character is alive and Felicity is the only one who isn’t. 

Knowing this show and writers Diggle and Felicity will both be "Dead" or Really dead In the future. Dig and Felicity seem to be the top two characters I've seen people (including me) say that they are done watching if they kill .

Yeah I wasn't worried until I saw various cryptic tweets hinting that Felicity was dead.

And one of the girls who goes to a lot of cons and has a lot of spoilers turned off her account which I thought was kinda weird as well and probably doesn't bode well for Felicity. 

3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Yeah I wasn't worried until I saw various cryptic tweets hinting that Felicity was dead.

And one of the girls who goes to a lot of cons and has a lot of spoilers turned off her account which I thought was kinda weird as well and probably doesn't bode well for Felicity. 

Felicity dies while shitty characters like Curtis Dinah BS Rene get to live IM OUT!!! But the Writers keep pushing BS Dinah Curtis Rene so I can almost see thinking of "this will get people talking about our show we had the balls to kill off arguably the most popular character!!" Then not get it when people quit in droves. IMO two of the most boring episodes of the series had little  Felicity in it and the show really didn't pick up until Felicity joined Team Arrow. JMO though but I'm definitely out if the Writers are dumb enough to go down that road

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I don’t know how anyone could know for sure at this point. If they were told by a cast member I wouldn’t trust it because of Beth and her no spoilers crack down. And they’ve only fully shot 10 episodes so far and can’t have written more than 16 (and of those 10 at least I’m pretty sure all signs would point to her actually being dead because that’s what they want us to believe, unless there’s a MSF reveal to the contrary). 

Unless people have gotten word about her not re-signing? 

1 minute ago, jay741982 said:

Felicity dies while shitty characters like Curtis Dinah BS Rene get to live IM OUT!!! But the Writers keep pushing BS Dinah Curtis Rene so I can almost see thinking of "this will get people talking about our show we had the balls to kill off arguably the most popular character!!" Then not get it when people quit in droves. IMO two of the most boring episodes of the series had little  Felicity in it and the show really didn't pick up until Felicity joined Team Arrow. JMO though but I'm definitely out if the Writers are dumb enough to go down that road

Come sit in the corner with me. I get why you're vexed, I'm vexed too. I am honestly so shitty about this show right now I don't think I can even do my weekly fanfic update until I know for sure what's going on with Felicity.

This shit is meant to be enjoyable not piss me off so much!

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Which fan was that?

6 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Unless people have gotten word about her not re-signing? 

IDK, maybe. If that’s the case why kill her off at some fixed point in the future instead of in the present? If that ~spoiler about her being dead for 8 years 20 years from now is true what would they do for the rest of the series? 

4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I can't remember the name but it's the youngish looking girl who goes to a lot of cons. Like all the time and gives the cast presents etc. 

Maybe she got some blowback because she’d been teasing that she knew what was happening but didn’t share so people were prepared for it?

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Maybe she got some blowback because she’d been teasing that she knew what was happening but didn’t share so people were prepared for it?

I don't know! I'm very miserable *sniffles*

I was ok with the misery in the future of the show but now Felicity being dead and EBR possibly leaving is really making me miserable *wails*

4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I don't know! I'm very miserable *sniffles*

I was ok with the misery in the future of the show but now Felicity being dead and EBR possibly leaving is really making me miserable *wails*

Why would EBR be leaving? Unless Felicity’s been dead for 20 years, she’s still going to be in the present storyline. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Why would EBR be leaving? Unless Felicity’s been dead for 20 years, she’s still going to be in the present storyline. 

I don't know!!!! My conspiracy theory radar is in full force! 

I do not understand or trust these people! I want to howl *howls*

Tonya doesn't seem to be able to read the room at all but Beth is giving Felicity tons of good stuff this season. I don't see Felicity gone unless EBR wants out.

But even then, there's no way they can sell another love interest for Oliver, bird cry or not.

4 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Is anyone finding the lack of press in regards to Felicity's death odd?

I dunno it seems really weird that they dropped this big news and then the cast, producers etc haven't acknowledged it. 

I think it's because legit press don't believe she's really dead and they would look foolish making a big deal out of something that is going to fall flat in a few episodes.

It's telling that the only one emphasizing it is a Felicity-hater.

3 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

The bitchy, raging side of me wonders if that's why JH was so gleeful about Ep 4 (she was absolutely gleeful, I watched the vid). The show finally kills off the insanely popular female lead and maybe she thinks she has a shot at her moment of glory in later seasons.

JH had the most screentime of anyone, and was the only one who appeared in both present and future (excluding the two Zoe actresses). No wonder she was thrilled.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

IDK, maybe. If that’s the case why kill her off at some fixed point in the future instead of in the present? If that ~spoiler about her being dead for 8 years 20 years from now is true what would they do for the rest of the series? 

Yeah, the only way EBR is leaving is if the show stops doing anything in the present and is only about the future which would flop so hard if for no other reason than the terrible aged up make-up and since they want to be action, action, action, all the focus would flip to the brand new characters no one gives a real crap about.  And even if that happened, I'd bet you it was more likely that Felicity would be last minute discovered alive and reunited with Oliver so they could retire to Aruba or one of the other tropical islands the writers keep getting mixed up. The writers and the network aren't just selling this season or future seasons, they want to keep selling all the past seasons and if they sour the ending or taint the past by turning it all into a tragedy, they are going to lose new and repeat views.   

We are just in that long painful period where they torture us by the possibility.  I think the gut reaction of knowing better is the right one.  At the same time, it's so normal to second guess out gut reactions even if time and time again, we can look back in hindsight and say, yeah, well of course that's what was going to happen.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 5

If the "yeah she's really been dead for 8 years" is coming from fan accounts that have known things in the past it doesn't mean she's actually dead just that the scripts are going to insist on it for a while. I want to know one way or the other ASAP but yeah they're going to drag it out. 

It doesn't mean EBR is leaving, even if Felicity is dead as it seems they have a specific point that she "died" that isn't within the time frame of the show's run (unless they do a time jump 5+ years ahead I guess). It will mean I won't be watching any of the present good stuff with Felicity personally though, especially if more and more useless characters keep getting revealed as alive.

I hadn't thought of a new LI. I think that would be stupid if they're trying to show Olicity in the present 2018 storyline incl, maybe Maya and have Oliver move on after her death in the future. Not going to work. That would be a hard sell on a show with much better writing than this. 

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

If the "yeah she's really been dead for 8 years" is coming from fan accounts that have known things in the past it doesn't mean she's actually dead just that the scripts are going to insist on it for a while. I want to know one way or the other ASAP but yeah they're going to drag it out. 

Yep this. If these fans have supposed spoilers (which I'm still increadibly sceptical of*) then it's probably the fact that they or whoever they are getting their information from is only seeing scripts that are still playing along the Felicity is dead angle and they haven't seen or recieved spoilers for her being actually alive part of the show yet. 

*I mean it's not like fans on twitter and Tumblr haven't tried to push fake/phony spoilers before. 

Edited by Mary0360
  • Love 4

I'm nervous cuz I don't understand why a fan would start a false rumour that she's really dead. I can see it from the enemy camp but say what could I possibly gain by telling you all I know for sure 100% Felicity is dead. 

Which worries me.......

17 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'm nervous cuz I don't understand why a fan would start a false rumour that she's really dead. I can see it from the enemy camp but say what could I possibly gain by telling you all I know for sure 100% Felicity is dead. 

Which worries me.......

I can't remember what the spoiler was now-maybe someone here will- but in season 5 a couple of Felicity/Olicity fans totally did start and spread false spoilers. I don't know but feel like it was something about Susan? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mary0360 said:

I can't remember what the spoiler was now-maybe someone here will- but in season 5 a couple of Felicity/Olicity fans totally did start and spread false spoilers. I don't know but feel like it was something about Susan? 

They said Felicity gonna hookup with ragman also in the Russia episode.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Which worries me.......

I think the person who posted the 8 years thing on tumblr-if that’s true-probably took that info to mean that she really is dead because 8 years is a long time to fake it, so it’s not necessarily made up. 

If she is really dead - anything is possible - I’ll be surprised because they revealed it in an ep where she was told to use her big brain to solve a problem, and then participated in a ruse to do that. And again, anything is possible, but I suspect if she is still alive they’ll throw a few details in (like her being dead 8 years) to make it seem really real so it would be all the more ~shocking when it turns out she’s alive.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

If she is really dead - anything is possible - I’ll be surprised because they revealed it in an ep where she was told to use her big brain to solve a problem, and then participated in a ruse to do that. And again, anything is possible, but I suspect if she is still alive they’ll throw a few details in (like her being dead 8 years) to make it seem really real so it would be all the more ~shocking when it turns out she’s alive.

I think you're absolutely correct in looking to the present storyline as an indicator of the future. Not only is it a standard technique but, it's one they used with the Flashbacks.  

I agree that Felicity is not Dead for Realz and that the 8 years is just when she faked her death or was taken hostage. I'm hoping it's the latter because I find the former more problematic. However, faking her death leads to more angst (You lied! You abandoned me! I hate you!) Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if she faked her death.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4

I'm being snarky, but I just can't help it - even the possibility of Felicity being dead is bumming me out...

Dec. 30, 2013 - KC: "I think at the end of the day, Oliver and Laurel are meant to be. They're each others 'ideally' first and hopefully at some point, each others lasts. No one can really ever compare to Oliver the way that Laurel sees him and I think Oliver feels the same way about Laurel. So Felicity may be there, it may be a fling, I have no idea, but you know, 'Bring it, Felicity!' (Laughs) Laurel has got this.” (source)

2018 - KC: "That fling lasted a lot longer than I thought it would."

2018 - JH: "Fling, shming. I'm the Black Canary now. Oliver & Dinah (Drake) 4-EVA!"

2018 - Andrea Sixtos: "Hey! What about me? Isn't the Green Arrow, like, 20 years older than Black Canary in the comics?"

Edited by tv echo

Screenwriter/director Emily Dell shadowed Arrow's 710 director. Based on the dates of ED's instagram posts (and other 710 spoilers), it looks like 710 had an unusually long shooting schedule, from Oct. 22 through Nov. 7 (probably because it overlapped with crossover shooting)...

Emily Heads to Vancouver to shadow on Arrow
October 24, 2018
https://www.dellsisters.com/single-post/2018/10/24/Emily-Heads-to-Vancouver-to-shadow-on-Arrow

Emily is currently in Vancouver, Canada shadowing Director Andi Armaganian on the CW's Hit series Arrow for Episode 710.

Today she scouted, worked on breakdowns, attended graphics meetings and picture car meetings.

Edited by tv echo