Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

With these new pairings this:

Laurel/Felicity - love it

Felicity/Rene - enjoy it

Curtis/Diggle - boring as hell

Dinah/Rene - to much focus. 

This whole Argus plot just hasn't been exciting. And we know that Curtis is smart but 14 PhDs is excessive. 

• Love 2

This 14 PhD thing is bothering me so much I'm doing research on who has the most. I'm finding a lot of people with double digit degrees, but not PhD's. The most I'm finding is 5 with a cursory Google search. I don't know if it's physically possible to have that many earned PhD's. I bet Curtis' are all honorary or imagined. 

Yeah, I don't know why this is the thing that's bothering me the most or why it's my line in the sand, but I call shenanigans. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

This 14 PhD thing is bothering me so much I'm doing research on who has the most. I'm finding a lot of people with double digit degrees, but not PhD's. The most I'm finding is 5 with a cursory Google search. I don't know if it's physically possible to have that many earned PhD's. I bet Curtis' are all honorary or imagined. 

Yeah, I don't know why this is the thing that's bothering me the most or why it's my line in the sand, but I call shenanigans. 

I thought this was from the comics?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, BunsenBurner said:

Oooh, you're right:

Holt displays "a natural aptitude for having natural aptitudes", as he calls it, easily picking up and retaining complex skills and abilities that others spend their entire lives perfecting. Before he begins his career as a superhero, he already possesses 14 Ph.Ds (two in engineering and physics—including doctorates and master's degrees in law, psychology, chemistry, political science, and mathematics[3][4])—is a self-made multi-millionaire[1] with a high tech firm called Cyberwear (subsequently sold to Waynetech[3]), and is a gold medal-winning Olympic decathlete.

What a Gary Stu, lol.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, BunsenBurner said:

Yeah, apparently, but it's so beyond stupid, I think it would have been okay to change that factoid. (Again, I know this is a dumb line in the sand, but I will not yield!)

• Love 2

However, on dcwiki Curtis, from Arrow, only won a bronze medal in the decathlon in the 2008 Olympics.  SMH  

2 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Yeah, apparently, but it's so beyond stupid, I think it would have been okay to change that factoid. (Again, I know this is a dumb line in the sand, but I will not yield!)

I totally agree way over the top and unbelievable. I mean Stephen Hawking would have put Curtis to shame IMO. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

Oh, such shenanigans! Both Einstein and Hawking only had one PhD each because any honorary ones don't count. And Einstein was bad at languages.

2 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

he already possesses 14 Ph.Ds (two in engineering and physics—including doctorates and master's degrees in law, psychology, chemistry, political science, and mathematics

Sorry guys, a master's degree doesn't count as a PhD.

It is a physical impossibility. If he took only one year for each master's and PhD, that's 28 years meaning he would have to be pushing 50 by now. (My area of psychology requires a minimum of 5 years for the master's + PhD degrees  although I suppose  you could do it in 3 if you were getting one in social or personality which doesn't require as many practica). And you can't do two PhD's at a time because there is actual research and writing for all those degrees and that takes time.

Or as my daughter said, really smart people don't spend their time collecting PhDs, they get one and then go out and do science.

They're really making Curtis look ridiculous with this as well as insecure.

• Love 14

Posting this here since KM's debut in Arrow is still a spoiler...

Katherine McNamara Boards Charlie Day’s ‘El Tonto’; Brandon Wilson Joins Warner Bros.’ ‘Torrance’
by Anthony D'Alessandro  November 9, 2018 
https://deadline.com/2018/11/ben-affleck-torrance-brandon-wilson-katherine-mcnamara-el-tonto-charlie-day-casting-films-1202499204/

EXCLUSIVE: Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments star Katherine McNamara has joined Charlie Day’s Hollywood satire El Tonto which also stars Kate Beckinsale, Jason Sudeiks, John Malkovich, Edie Falco and Ray Liotta among others. The comedy tells the story of a mute man, played by Day, who becomes a Hollywood sensation. McNamara’s character is described as a being a campaign manager for the mayor, who is a recent chipper UCLA grad. McNamara recently joined season 7 of Arrow in a pivotal recurring role as Maya, a scrappy street fighter and thief from Star City. The final season of Shadowhunters is airing next year. McNamara is repped by the Gersh Agency, Atlas Artists and Jackoway Austen.

Edited by tv echo

Still no Olicity scene!  I'M DYING OF THIRST HERE. I'M WEAK.

I did wonder if Oliver was going to pretend he didn't recognize her but this makes more sense, I guess. I also can't figure out if Stanley is shady or not. I hope not. I kinda like him. 

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

Still no Olicity scene!  I'M DYING OF THIRST HERE. I'M WEAK.

I did wonder if Oliver was going to pretend he didn't recognize her but this makes more sense, I guess. I also can't figure out if Stanley is shady or not. I hope not. I kinda like him. 

I'm doubling down on Stanley being someone that started just as he claimed but will be corrupted by the end will betray Oliver in some way. 

Edited by BkWurm1
1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'm doubling down on Stanley being someone that started just as he claimed but will be corrupted by the end will betray Oliver in some way. 

Don't hurt me in this way. 

Please don't be evil, Stanley, I'm really liking you and it'd be nice to see someone besides Felicity fully on Team Oliver. But is him recognizing Felicity from Oliver's picture suspicious? Oliver does/did stare at it a lot but it always seemed to be in cell where Stanley probably couldn't see it.

16 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

Please don't be evil, Stanley, I'm really liking you and it'd be nice to see someone besides Felicity fully on Team Oliver. But is him recognizing Felicity from Oliver's picture suspicious? Oliver does/did stare at it a lot but it always seemed to be in cell where Stanley probably couldn't see it.

Since the show often shows them roaming around in jail (before Level 2) I assume Oliver also carried that picture around at some point (stick it under his clothes maybe and whips it out to look at during the day) so it makes sense Stanley would have seen it.

• Love 2

Katherine McNamara Spills on New "Arrow" Role | E! Red Carpet & Award Shows
Published on Nov 9, 2018, by E! Red Carpet & Award Shows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD6d2S2nqhI

-- On what she can tell us about her new Arrow role, KM: "I can't say much about Arrow yet, but what I can say is, my character's name is Maya and she's a street fighter. So she's a boxer in a fight in an underground fight club. ... She grew up in a very rough environment and is very much a product of that environment. So, whereas Clary was very much the hopeful optimist, Maya is very much the realist and the one to punch first and ask questions later. She's not one to be underestimated or messed with."

-- On whether she had to amp up her workouts to play Maya or whether Shadowhunters trained her well, KM: "It's been a bit of a process of building upon things that, you know, you learn. So when I started Shadowhunters, I didn't know how to throw a punch, I didn't know how to hold a sword, and now I have some modicum of knowledge. ... I'm just a perpetual student in life as well as work, and so I just try to keep building and learning and growing. ... Maya's certainly kickass, I'll tell you that much."

-- On whether Maya is joining Team Arrow, KM: "I can't say."

-- On whether Maya will be part of the CW crossover episodes, KM: "Um, I can say that I'm not in the crossover episode, but that's about all I can say, as far as that goes."

-- On how hard it is keeping spoilers from the fans, KM: "The hardest thing about being on Arrow is not spoiling things, because I do - I do have a lot of secrets up my sleeve that have been so graciously shared with me by the showrunner and by everyone else on - on - on Team Arrow. ... The biggest thing I can say is that there's a lot to come from this character, and there's so much as an actor for me to mine out it. So I'm very excited. And just everyone at Arrow's been so welcoming. And it really is - been a situation where I feel like I'm part of the family."

Katherine McNamara Instagram Live - November 6
Published on Nov 7, 2018, by Golden Warrior
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0fcJ2CkvhI

-- On why she changed her hair color from red to blonde, KM: "You know, there are times when I do miss Clary's red hair, but that was Clary, and I didn't want that to carry over into Arrow, because I wanted it to be - have a separation. And I wanted to let Clary have her own life and then let Maya have her own life. So, that's why the hair color changed, among other reasons."

-- KM: "So I haven't worked with all of the cast of Arrow yet. I've met most of them. Honestly, everyone's been so lovely."

-- KM: "Stephen Amell in real life is a doll. He was so kind when I met him, and I couldn't have been more grateful for that kind of welcome into the show."

-- KM: "I'd seen a couple episodes of Arrow before I was cast on the show. And then as soon as I found out I was cast, I watched the entire series. Uh, and I really love it. I think it's so great. And I think what they're doing with the show this season is really smart, because it takes it back to kind of what the show was originally in its tone, but also finds a way to do something completely new and different."

-- KM (answering fan question): "Adam, I'm glad you like the flashforwards. Like I said, they're doing so many great things this season... I love seeing Ollie in prison too. I think it's - it totally puts him out of his element. It's awesome."

-- When asked for her favorite Arrowverse character, KM: "I don't know. They're all - I'm still - I'm still accustoming myself to that world, so I feel like I don't know enough about them all yet to pick a favorite."

-- KM: "On Arrow, I play Maya. She's a boxer. She's not one to be messed with. She's kickass."

Edited by tv echo

I didn't understand some of the words...

Ivette Novales Gomez as Lara in Arrow
Posted: November 10, 2018, by Ivette Novales-Gómez
https://vimeo.com/300089349 

ING: "(Laughs) Diego, you're a dead man! Sara's going to totally kill you if she's late for the game."
Reader (off-screen): "No way we'll we late, the way I drive."
ING: "What do you think you're doing?"
Reader: "[Unintelligible words] in the Glades, Lara. Like the worst part of the worst part of town. I brought a last-minute tozar."
ING: "So you're admitting you broke the rule?"
Reader: "Kinda what I do, bit."
ING: "[Unintelligible words] that you keep nothing in the house because you said we needed it for home protection. As in, it stays home. Now, come on! You guys are going to be late."
Reader: "I thought we were going as a family."
ING: "I got a headache."
Reader: "Oh yeah? You taking something stronger than an aspirin for this headache?"
ING: "You got something to say to me, Alan?"
Reader: "I guess I do. Are you using again?"
ING: "Am I using again? How can you even ask me something like that?"
Reader: "Actually, I've been working up the nerve to ask you that for awhile. Since I found this taped to the back of the dresser drawer."
ING: "You searched our bedroom?"
Reader: "Yeah, 'cause it looks like my wife's a freakin' junkie! I don't - I just don't get it.We got out, Lara. We got out of the Glades. And here you are, bringing it back here. Back into our home."
ING: "You're the last person who can get on their high horse -"
Reader: "No matter what I've done, I've never done drugs. And I've never done it in our baby girl's home."
ING: "Screw you, Alan!"
Reader (using softer voice, different character?): "Are you fighting?"
Reader: "Go get your jacket, honey. It's cold tonight. I'm throwing this away. When I get home, either there's no more drugs in this house or there's no more you in this house."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Who said she's been dead 8 years?

It was in an anon sent to someone (I think callistawolf) on Tumblr - that the people who have spoilers say she’s been dead for 8 years. 

Edited by apinknightmare

I finally watched that sneak with Dig and Curtis, and I have to ask, did the mad doctor from Level Two visit them off screen? Because first we had John I Wore the Hood in a Dream Once Diggle proclaim that hood to basically be the root of all evil. And then there's Curtis I Need To Be in the Field With Even Less Training Than Laurel Holt trying to dodge some undercover work. Don't tell me women are flighty. 

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

It was in an anon sent to someone (I think callistawolf) on Tumblr - that the people who have spoilers say she’s been dead for 8 years. 

If that's the case, where has William been all that time to have missed the news of a business mogul's death? The only scenario I could think of is Oliver and Felicity sending him to a different Earth for protection. And while that may explain his abandonment issues, it doesn't feel like an Arrow storyline. Or is he really that bad at subterfuge that he forgot that Felicity was supposed to have been 'dead' for nearing a decade? 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I find it more suspicious that Stanley was able to go to the visitors room. I don't think prisoners are allowed to leave their cell block unless they have a visitor who specifically asks for them. So how did he get permission to leave his cellblock and go to that visiting area? Does he know a friendly guard? Did he bribe a guard?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I wonder if the note Roy found in the bow is connected at all to what's going on with Felicity. 

1 minute ago, tv echo said:

I find it more suspicious that Stanley was able to go to the visitors room. I don't think prisoners are allowed to leave their cell block unless they have a visitor who specifically asks for them. So how did he get permission to leave his  cellblock and go to that visiting area? Does he know a friendly guard? Did he bribe a guard?

He had a visitor, didn't he? And then for some reason, the guards just stood back and chilled* while he spoke with someone who was clearly not his visitor. 

*Maybe evidence he's the Demon (or working for him) - he has connections in the prison (including with the guards)? Isn't he the one to end his conversation with Felicity? I don't think a guard pulls him away, but I can't rewatch at the moment. 

• Love 1

There was a visitor with Stanley. It was when he got up to leave that Stanley spotted Felicity. I found it stranger that the guard was just cool with Felicity going over there. Or even letting her in the room in the first place.

4 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I find it more suspicious that Stanley was able to go to the visitors room. I don't think prisoners are allowed to leave their cell block unless they have a visitor who specifically asks for them. So how did he get permission to leave his cellblock and go to that visiting area? Does he know a friendly guard? Did he bribe a guard?

9 minutes ago, bijoux said:

If that's the case, where has William been all that time to have missed the news of a business mogul's death? The only scenario I could think of is Oliver and Felicity sending him to a different Earth for protection. And while that may explain his abandonment issues, it doesn't feel like an Arrow storyline. Or is he really that bad at subterfuge that he forgot that Felicity was supposed to have been 'dead' for nearing a decade? 

I don’t know. Nothing about it really makes much sense (and we should probably not expect it to). If it is true I’m disappointed that the rift between her, Oliver and William has been THAT long. 

• Love 1

You're right. I re-watched the video. Stanley did have a visitor (an older guy - lawyer?). So it's just a coincidence that he happened to have a visitor when Felicity was visiting.

If Felicity really is dead, that's a huge F.U. to a large segment of the fandom who stuck with this show through six uneven seasons and who did a lot of social media promotion for Arrow.

Edited by tv echo
DELETED ONE SENTENCE
  • Love 2

What I like most about this is that the story thus far has implied that O/F abandoned him over 8 years ago and he has never once been curious enough to put all that tech genius to work and look for them to see why (or if he has, the track was so well covered that only Felicity could’ve been responsible - and if that’s the case then he at some point was just like “LOL nvm”). 

I also like that a tech mogul’s disappearance didn’t somehow make the news either (assuming she “abandoned” him and “died” at two different times considering he was abandoned and doesn’t know she’s dead). 

• Love 5
Just now, tv echo said:

Here's another thing about the flashforwards (and another problem with the shared Arrowverse) - what have Barry and the Legends been doing all this time? If their friends were in trouble or their friends' child(ren) were in trouble, wouldn't they try to help?

From what I gather of this season of The Flash, Barry has been missing for like 20 years in their future. Which may or may not be the same future as the Arrow future. It’s pretty confusing.

4 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Yeah if she's been dead 8 years and Will really didn't know...….. Sigh, I hope it's not true because I am worrying she's really dead now, 8 years is a long time to fake your death for. 

It is, but it may also depend on when the wall around the Glades went up. What if she's been "dead" since that happened, but she's really behind the wall, hence the map with the secret routes in and out that she directed William to? 

Just now, bijoux said:

From what I gather of this season of The Flash, Barry has been missing for like 20 years in their future. Which may or may not be the same future as the Arrow future. It’s pretty confusing.

I wonder if that future is the same future as Arrow's. Because Nora's trying to prevent that on The Flash, so if that changes, wouldn't that then change this future but aren't they're saying this future can't be changed on Arrow? Or will they say even if Nora changes that future on The Flash, then this future won't be affected because the timeline would split or something? 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

It is, but it may also depend on when the wall around the Glades went up. What if she's been "dead" since that happened, but she's really behind the wall, hence the map with the secret routes in and out that she directed William to? 

I wonder if that future is the same future as Arrow's. Because Nora's trying to prevent that on The Flash, so if that changes, wouldn't that then change this future but aren't they're saying this future can't be changed on Arrow? Or will they say even if Nora changes that future on The Flash, then this future won't be affected because the timeline would split or something? 

I guess whatever Nora and Barry do on The Flash to solve their crisis it wont affect anything on Arrow, same as LOT and their antics.

I just want to find out as quickly as possible if she's really dead and not have it dragged out. It's going to put a huge dampener on Felicity and Olicity storylines for me even if EBR goes nowhere, the character will be dead in just over a decade. And probably not get to see her (possible) daughter grow up. 

• Love 1

If they are serious about doing an Arrow spin off with the kids, then I could see them killing Felicity in the future if EBR made it clear she would not return for guest appearances.

Nothing about the FF is making sense at the moment. I don’t think an extended disappearance makes it any more or less likely she faked her death. 

• Love 1

Felicity being dead for 8 years makes no sense at all but also very likely means she's really dead. So if this is confirmed to be true, I'm outta here. 

I love seeing Ollie in prison too. I think it's - it totally puts him out of his element. It's awesome."

-- When asked for her favorite Arrowverse character, KM: "I don't know. They're all - I'm still - I'm still accustoming myself to that world, so I feel like I don't know enough about them all yet to pick a favorite.

First strike, "Ollie".  Second, how can she have watched the whole show but not have picked a fav or feel like she knows them well enough to do so?

• Love 4

If Felicity and/or Oliver haven't contacted William for 8 years or whatever time frame they decide on, and his curiosity was never piqued, he truly is his mother's son. 

I'm not believing Felicity's dead because that might possibly be the dumbest thing this show has ever done, and that includes this BS BS. 

I also don't like that sometimes the other shows affect Arrow (never forgive/forget Baby Sara) and other times it's like why would you ask that question, nope. Just be consistent. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I guess we will see if it's true but Tumblr has never been the most reliable place for spoilers. 

57 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

I guess we will see if it's true but Tumblr has never been the most reliable place for spoilers. 

I could almost see being missing for 8 years from WIlliam's life since he'd have moved away after college but I wouldn't see any change of buying into dropping out of a young child's life whether William or potentially Maya, though with Maya, it only said she was raised under rough circumstances.  If she. Oliver and Felicity were all stuck behind a wall under clandestine purposes, that would still be a rough and tumble life.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, calliope1975 said:

I also don't like that sometimes the other shows affect Arrow (never forgive/forget Baby Sara) and other times it's like why would you ask that question, nope. Just be consistent. 

I wonder if that is how they get out of what I think is a huge hole they're digging themselves into -- that Barry and or Nora reset the timeline and whatever happened doesn't so that Felicity and Oliver never abandon William and the Glades doesn't turn into that hellhole. I've never liked The Flash running things on Arrow but I would be willing to accept it this time if we don't end the season waiting for the apocalypse.

• Love 3