Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Chaser said:

The more I think about it, the more I’m pulling for Maya to be Olicity’s daughter. I will be so disappointed if it doesn’t happen.

Oliver can find out he has a half sister right around the time present William finds out he's going to have a half sister and it'll be fun. O/F need to get started on that like right when Oliver gets out of the slammer. 

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Oliver can find out he has a half sister right around the time present William finds out he's going to have a half sister and it'll be fun.

It kind of writes itself. See Maya in the flashforwards like William throughout the episode, Oliver does his prison battle stuff while Star City does its plot/the New GA plot, Oliver and Felicity reunite at the end of the episode, flash to the future where they *reveal* who she is (probably with older Oliver or with William), flash to the present and reveal who Emiko is to Oliver/to audience/to both. 

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, Chaser said:

The more I think about it, the more I’m pulling for Maya to be Olicity’s daughter. I will be so disappointed if it doesn’t happen.

The only thing causing me pause is the flat denials by the cast and Beth at SDCC of Olicity having kids and Emily acting like she'd rather listen to nails on chalk boards then see Felicity pregnant (her obnoxiousness about that was the first time she really annoyed me). But I'm hoping that's just some subterfuge to temper down the buzz at the time and to keep some element of surprise. 

Because everything else makes sense. The fact that they are going to be showing flash forwards twenty years in the future with older versions of the characters, there being a grown William and obviously an implied problem for Oliver in the future, it fits to have a grown child of Oliver and Felicitys appear. 

I’m pretty sure the kids question was always framed as ‘is Olicity going to have a baby in S7?’. In which case, the denials work. Maya would not be baby. 

I think everything makes sense with the storyline and all the little clues, my hesitation comes from its Arrow (it disappoints) and the description of the character. An anti-superhero, street fighter and thief. That is kind of hard to picture for Olicity kid, especially the thief part. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I think everything makes sense with the storyline and all the little clues, my hesitation comes from its Arrow (it disappoints) and the description of the character. An anti-superhero, street fighter and thief. That is kind of hard to picture for Olicity kid, especially the thief part. 

Wasn't Dinahs description that she was a former Marine who had been kicked out? 

I wouldnt put it past them to write fake descriptions in order to keep it secret. Like the infamous Tina/Oliver sides. 

Edited by Mary0360
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Wasn't Dinahs description that she was a former Marine who had been kicked out? 

That was in the original character breakdown/sides, once she was actually cast Dinah was "Tina Boland, a detective formerly of Central City" who had a problem with vigilantes (also ironic, since even in her first episode she kind of technically was one).

Lol also "brash yet tactful, tough, speaks her mind, and is not the easiest person to impress" even though in her 2nd episode she had emotional bonding moments with Oliver telling him how he inspires Diggle and Felicity.

Edited by way2interested
3 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Is Oliver gonna dig a hole out of Slabside hidden behind a poster or what?

If I didn't expect him to actually be Oliver Queen after he gets out, I'd expect swapping places with a dead prisoner. 

Sara's original casting sides were different to what she ended up playing as well. If something has happened to her parents then she could be anti vigilante  (at first) and angry/violent etc.

The anti Olicity kid did seem to be anti baby this season (to counteract David's theoretical spoiler) but *twist* she's in the future. 

Or we could all be completely wrong and she's new Sin in the present or something. 

• Love 1
Just now, Featherhat said:

Sara's original casting sides were different to what she ended up playing as well. If something has happened to her parents then she could be anti vigilante  (at first) and angry/violent etc.

The anti Olicity kid did seem to be anti baby this season (to counteract David's theoretical spoiler) but *twist* she's in the future. 

Or we could all be completely wrong and she's new Sin in the present or something. 

Technically i dont think even if Olicity gets pregnant that the baby would be coming before s8 around premiere time or even midseason finale time.

• Love 3
Just now, statsgirl said:

The casting sides that we saw, where the character gets tough with a waitperson who tries to get her to change tables because she's on a same sex date, is that for Emiko or Maya?

That was Batwoman. Maya's sides were her getting confronted by the GA after she stole something. GA tries to talk her down, Maya fights back and sasses him for being a vigilante and for being brooding 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, way2interested said:

That was Batwoman. Maya's sides were her getting confronted by the GA after she stole something. GA tries to talk her down, Maya fights back and sasses him for being a vigilante and for being brooding 

That could still happen, hypothetically. She could follow in the steps of her Aunt Thea as a rebellious troublemaker that eventually matures (since the flashforwards are going to continue for the rest of the serie.) The GA in the sides could be grown up Will, older Oliver, or any of their vigilante friends.

8 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

That could still happen, hypothetically. She could follow in the steps of her Aunt Thea as a rebellious troublemaker that eventually matures (since the flashforwards are going to continue for the rest of the serie.) The GA in the sides could be grown up Will, older Oliver, or any of their vigilante friends.

That's what I'm thinking too (I'm thinking it's Roy, since it seems pretty clear that Maya is in the future because of all the secrecy and since KM seems on friendly terms with CH and BL), with also wondering how it was supposed to be read. Like, normally it would sound like Dinah, but said from people who probably know each other gives it a whole new context. It might have made a difference in auditions.

21 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Also if something has happened to either Oliver or Felicity in the future- death, missing, injured, someother life threatening crisis- which Future Will's scene seems to imply, then their daughter rebelling also could work. Sort of a this us what happens without her parents guidance thing? Or even Maya went through her own traumatic experience to caused her to rebell. 

Or Maya got corrupted by one of Olivers enemies and Oliver Felicity and William are trying to bring her back.

I know it's bad to rag on a kid, and I've been vocal about not liking the kid who plays William's acting skills, but I'm am cautiously optimistic about adult William. Who knew? Add in a rebellious little sister who's attitude resembles Goth!Felicity, and I am hooked. 

• Love 1

Dammit I'm going to be annoyed now if she's another character. Same thing happened as I was getting used to the baby idea before they started scream no and unlike last year we have no spoilers to confirm it or not ala the wedding.

They said Maya was a pivotal role when KM was cast and I'm not sure who else she could be tbh. I don't view a Sin type character as pivotal. I gotta admit everything adds up to her being Olicity's daughter. 

2 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Lol Arrow isn't even hyping this up, only fandom.

Wasn't there some article saying her role was pivotal?

Knowing Arrow it could very well be a rando, hyped or not. Arrow likes randos. A lot! Chase and Vigilante were both the the biggest randos.

2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Yeah, pivotal but not until midseason. I just meant right now they aren't hyping it at all. In fact, I think Beth would probably rather no mention of her or Emiko at all specifically for the surprise factor, just like with BL. With the Deadline article coming out, I think they want to hype BL and the flashforwards in general and leave everything else to surprise.

7 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

and they'll be made series regulars if we get an 8th season.

Yeah, BL's, KM's, and SS's characters were all optioned for series regular roles in s8 in the original casting calls. I just meant I think they'll hype characters later after reveals but they want to hype mysteries right now more.

8 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Yep

Katherine McNamara is taking aim at her first post-Shadowhunters gig — and it’s a doozy. TVLine has learned exclusively that the actress is joining Arrow in a pivotal recurring role.

According to sources, McNamara will appear during the first half of Season 7 as Maya, a scrappy street fighter and thief from Star City. The initial — and unofficial — casting notice for the character likened the character to “Buffy the Superhero Slayer.”

• Love 2
On 10/16/2018 at 1:21 PM, lemotomato said:

Is he doing the interview in-character too?

Heh, I have this mental imagine of him ranting and raving about how he wants to murder everyone while in character during a panel or something, while the rest of the cast just awkwardly avoid eye contact and scoot their chairs further away.

I am on the "Kat is a grown up Olicity daughter" train. Maybe she is a comic book character, or maybe she is a new character like William, but either way, I am intrigued. 

Spoiler

I wonder if she and Nora are pals? 

• Love 3

That quote on TVLine about next week’s episode and people moving on and the upcoming Felicity/Diggle tension make me wary about what’ll happen moving forward.

Will we get Felicity/BS scenes because no one else wants to help her/Felicity to do anything about Diaz? Yeah, Rene and Curtis are with her in 702, but maybe they’ll stop working with her after Diggle says no, let ARGUS handle it?

• Love 1

The team have already moved on? Wish Oliver and Felicity had that luxury. 

They really are setting up Felicity being so desperate with no one else to turn to that she teams up with BS. My poor bae. She's on the edge! 

3 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Will we get Felicity/BS scenes because no one else wants to help her/Felicity to do anything about Diaz? Yeah, Rene and Curtis are with her in 702, but maybe they’ll stop working with her after Diggle says no, let ARGUS handle it?

Probably. They all probably see Felicity as someone who needs to stay as safe as possible and lock her away in a room so to go the one person who thinks the opposite. 

19 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I mean...they are going to have to build up their future cast since we're in it for the long run so I do think that she will be their daughter and they'll be made series regulars if we get an 8th season.

Arrow: The Second Generation. 

7 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

The team have already moved on? Wish Oliver and Felicity had that luxury. 

I really hope she gets to go off on them about the fact that the reason they all get to move on with their lives is because her husband sacrificed his freedom(and fucked up her life and William's, in the process) to make that happen. She doesn't have to hold a grudge once she gets that out of her system, but she deserves to say it and everyone on the "team" deserves to hear it.

• Love 20
49 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Who is BL? I just realised I have no idea who BL is!

Ben Lewis (I think that's his name), adult William.

Also Black Lightning, but that's elsewhere.

According to sources, McNamara will appear during the first half of Season 7 as Maya, a scrappy street fighter and thief from Star City. The initial — and unofficial — casting notice for the character likened the character to “Buffy the Superhero Slayer.”

I thought she was supposed to be anti-vigilante.  That sounds like someone who is a vigilante, not someone who is anti.

Also, how is the daughter of Oliver Green Arrow a scrappy street fighter and thief? What happened to Oliver and Felicity?????

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I thought she was supposed to be anti-vigilante.  That sounds like someone who is a vigilante, not someone who is anti.

Also, how is the daughter of Oliver Green Arrow a scrappy street fighter and thief? What happened to Oliver and Felicity?????

The original casting notice that Tvline referenced did have her as anti vigilante, that's where "superhero slayer" came from.

If Tina Boland can go from hard ass detective who doesn't like vigilantes to Dinah Drake, the new Black Canary who gives out emotional suportive advice in literally one episode, I think anything can happen ?

• Love 5

I'm putting the Buffy reference in the evidence of future Olicity kid column since Buffy was a blend of both girliness fashion wise (like Felicity), perky and liked quips (Felicity),* but also ocassionally tortured, burdened and can kick serious ass (Oliver).  

*Although I think Felicity is slightly more Willow-like

• Love 3
2 hours ago, way2interested said:

Yeah, pivotal but not until midseason. I just meant right now they aren't hyping it at all. In fact, I think Beth would probably rather no mention of her or Emiko at all specifically for the surprise factor, just like with BL. With the Deadline article coming out, I think they want to hype BL and the flashforwards in general and leave everything else to surprise.

Yeah, BL's, KM's, and SS's characters were all optioned for series regular roles in s8 in the original casting calls. I just meant I think they'll hype characters later after reveals but they want to hype mysteries right now more.

I knew BL was the new William (though I've yet to learn his last name) and I figured out eventually KM  is Kat something aka Maya but who is SS?

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

I think it's Sea Shimooka, who will play Emiko.

Thanks!  

All these speculations and guesses could very well be right - the collective we so often are, but I'm going to try and not get completely set on them. The Maya thing especially. I'm already going to be crushed if we are wrong 

Count me in as being Dissapointed If Maya isn't Olicity's daughter. I would just love to see that they have at least one Child together. Also I would really like to see Adult JJ in the Future played by the Guy who played him in the LOT EP from season 1.  Also a Theroy Child in the Future and Maybe Grown up Zoe

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

I would just love to see that they have at least one Child together.

Me too!!! I know it all goes to shit in the future (cuz William ends up on Lian Yu) but I would like a few years of them having a kid together and William having a little sis before it goes south.

I was worried about the term "scrappy" so I went to look it up. To me it kinda channels the Goth Felicity vibe. So if she's kinda Goth Felicity levels of rebellious and all the Buffy stuff as outlined by @Mary0360 then I can see an Olicity daughter being like that.

I was interpreting "scrappy" as orphaned and uncared for which had me thinking that isn't the Olicitot or I don't want to see Olicity be crap parents to their tot!