Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

I think that they've already started filming 710, even though SA is still filming the crossover. My impression is that Oliver gets out of prison in 707, we see the Olicity fracture in 708, there's the crossover in 709, and then Oliver & Felicity heal their fracture by 710.

Edited by tv echo
6 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Oh for sure, they'll obviously not be on the same page immediately, but the fact that she is going against criminals and saving civilians at least kind of shows that she might not be on completely opposite sides, I would think.  

I'm wondering if they will make Emiko a villain in the vain of Willow on Buffy. Yes, she goes off the rails and does bad things but they want to save her not kill her. That would fit in with SA saying there may not be a Big Bad this year. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

I think FFs are not about to show Oliver and Felicity any time soon. they will presumed missing. Honestly with them showing  JJ tonight i bet we will see him in the FF also and the OTA kids are gonna look for their parents since Diggle is also missing. It will not have anything to do if Olicity are together or not.

Give me grown up William, Olicity Daughter Maya, and Grown up JJ in the future led by Roy teaming up to find Oliver Felicity and Diggle! JJ can be New GA in the Future, Maya can be BC or Speedy in the Future, Willam could be Red Arrow since Roy is Arsenal lol

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

Give me grown up William, Olicity Daughter Maya, and Grown up JJ in the future led by Roy teaming up to find Oliver Felicity and Diggle! JJ can be New GA in the Future, Maya can be BC or Speedy in the Future, Willam could be Red Arrow since Roy is Arsenal lol

Pshaw, William would obviously be the new Overwatch. It's sad that seeing young JJ wearing green made me jump to this scenario again XD

• Love 3

I kind of like the idea that William takes after Felicity and Maya take after Oliver. 

William - Overwatch 2.0

JJ - Green Arrow 2.0

Maya - Speedy 2.0

Zoe - BC 5.0? Wild Dog 2.0?

Roy - OG Arsenal/Diggle 2.0 (old wise man) 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Pshaw, William would obviously be the new Overwatch. It's sad that seeing young JJ wearing green made me jump to this scenario again XD

Not gonna lie I did think about William being Overwatch 2.0

23 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I kind of like the idea that William takes after Felicity and Maya take after Oliver. 

William - Overwatch 2.0

JJ - Green Arrow 2.0

Maya - Speedy 2.0

Zoe - BC 5.0? Wild Dog 2.0?

Roy - OG Arsenal/Diggle 2.0 (old wise man) 

I would like that lineup lol or Maya being BC or Being Called Red Arrow to differnate from Aunt Thea and Uncle Roy 

1 hour ago, jay741982 said:

Not gonna lie I did think about William being Overwatch 2.0

I would like that lineup lol or Maya being BC or Being Called Red Arrow to differnate from Aunt Thea and Uncle Roy 

Red Arrow, noooo to BC 2 million ?

• Love 3

I love how we're all just talking like Maya is their daughter for sure. ?

Joining in to say I also love the idea of William being like Felicity and Maya like Oliver. William going in to tech already shows he followed in his stepmom's footsteps and I love that.

• Love 3

I'm becoming more and more curious how Oliver gets out of jail. A reduced sentence seems highly unlikely at this point, especially with him stabbing guards. Emily mentioned Felicity and Oliver preparing to go out somewhere (and then they don't) makes it seem like he doesn't escape (or isn't a fugitive for long). Tweets from Stephen and #KidVicious indicate that Oliver and Diaz have a fight in prison - which, I guess doesn't necessarily mean that Diaz is IN prison, but if he is then it's not like Oliver gets out in exchange for something to do with him. I'm stumped. 

2 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

Have her middle name be Suzanne, or William’s nickname for her be Sissy, and then she can be  Arrowette. 

Oooh that's right she could be Arrowette 

2 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I love how we're all just talking like Maya is their daughter for sure. ?

Joining in to say I also love the idea of William being like Felicity and Maya like Oliver. William going in to tech already shows he followed in his stepmom's footsteps and I love that.

I don't know I would want Maya to have a Brain like Her mother's.

23 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I'm becoming more and more curious how Oliver gets out of jail. A reduced sentence seems highly unlikely at this point, especially with him stabbing guards. Emily mentioned Felicity and Oliver preparing to go out somewhere (and then they don't) makes it seem like he doesn't escape (or isn't a fugitive for long). Tweets from Stephen and #KidVicious indicate that Oliver and Diaz have a fight in prison - which, I guess doesn't necessarily mean that Diaz is IN prison, but if he is then it's not like Oliver gets out in exchange for something to do with him. I'm stumped. 

I think Diaz is gonna end up in prison and they have their huge fight there. My guess is they think Diaz has been dealt with for good and then at some point he escapes and he'll pop up later in the season (if they're making good on that series regular thing for KA).

As for Oliver getting out, I'm wondering if something happens in the prison and Oliver uncovers it or helps save the day? IDK. Something to show his heroics or whatever. There definitely seems to be some shady stuff happening in there.

OR they pull a "he was only gonna be in prison for as long as Diaz was out there...surprise!" kind of thing? IDK. I have to hand it to the writers because usually we can predict what's gonna happen but I actually have no idea.

7 hours ago, tv echo said:

I think that they've already started filming 710, even though SA is still filming the crossover. My impression is that Oliver gets out of prison in 707, we see the Olicity fracture in 708, there's the crossover in 709, and then Oliver & Felicity heal their fracture by 710.

Are they having dessert pre fracture or post fracture?

=P

1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Is it at all possible that Oliver is part of some long con with Argus or FBI? Like the deal was for him to get some information or get to someone on the inside?

Or maybe he just gets a pardon for saving someone during the riot? I definitely think he's out for good not escaping in 707 and the fancy dress for 708 was for a release/welcome home party.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, way2interested said:

He might reveal the fight club stuff in the prison? Trying to figure out the Shawshank Redemption connection

Yeah, I thought he might reveal some widespread corruption or something (especially given the fight club and him being drugged next episode), but they're going to have to get on that soon if that's the reason, given that he's going to "Level Two" next, and then there's only three more episodes before he gets out. 

16 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Is it at all possible that Oliver is part of some long con with Argus or FBI? Like the deal was for him to get some information or get to someone on the inside?

Maybe? If so he seems to have wasted 5 months of opportunity laying low, and now he seems fixated on finding the Demon because of his connection to Diaz. Unless the Demon is the person he made a deal to get info on - in which case that's a great coincidence! But there are worse Arrow coincidences, I guess - like two Dinahs with the same power occupying the same spot on the team. 

3 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Or maybe he just gets a pardon for saving someone during the riot?

Yeah, maybe he gets a pardon for saving all the guards from the prisoners, or something.

19 hours ago, way2interested said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/arrowverse_DC/status/1057111084803465216

Maybe Olicity get that house together after all.

Which could make sense, some place for the flashforward people to hang out in

Does anyone have a screengrab? The link won't open for me. 

16 hours ago, Angel12d said:

That account did post pics of a house set built in the studio which I kinda assumed would be Olicity's seeing as it only appeared around 708 filming, which adds up? And as Felicity is sleeping on Rene's couch at the moment, it's obvious they don't have anywhere to live anymore. 

I'm not sure if the studio set matches that house exterior though so maybe it's for something else. Crossover? IDK.

What?! 

giphy.gif

I haven't managed to watch yet, so this is a nasty surprise. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, bijoux said:

giphy.gif

I haven't managed to watch yet, so this is a nasty surprise. 

This gif accurately describes how I felt when I found out, too. It makes no sense. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 2

I think it makes sense. Since slamming doors make her jump, she wouldn’t want to be alone and out everyone, Rene makes the most sense since he’s fully into her doing vigilante stuff and wants to help.  Diggle and Dinah would try to stop her. Curtis probably would too, and he’d be annoying to boot. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I think it makes sense. Since slamming doors make her jump, she wouldn’t want to be alone and out everyone, Rene makes the most sense since he’s fully into her doing vigilante stuff and wants to help.  Diggle and Dinah would try to stop her. Curtis probably would too, and he’d be annoying to boot. 

Yeah, the more I thought about it, the more it made sense to me. Rene's turned into her Yes Man pretty much doing everything she says and giving her everything she needs that she can't do herself. Kind of a pseudo-Rory except Rory was more of her conscience who would have at least probably stopped before Felicity resorted to kidnapping and potential torture (going by the pictures)

6 hours ago, bijoux said:

Does anyone have a screengrab? The link won't open for me. 

The tweet was deleted and I can't find the original pic, sorry!

• Love 1

I'm annoyed at Diggle right now so I'm okay with Felicity crashing with Rene. I expect more from Diggle, which is stupid cause he keeps disappointing me. These writers. smh.

I do hope this new found partnership between Rene and Felicity includes an apology from him at some point.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

For me it doesn't make sense because this friendship with Rene has come out of nowhere and Diggle is acting like Felicity doesn't exist. I wasn't thinking it terms beyond that tbh.

It doesn't seem like a legitimate friendship to me at this point, more that Felicity is willing to do whatever it takes to catch Diaz, and Rene is the only one in the group willing to go along with it and help her because he doesn't like playing by the rules (like Dinah, Curtis and Diggle seem intent on) and he's itching to get back into vigilantism. They're giving each other what they both want at the moment. 

• Love 3

I'm annoyed at Diggle too but it's so obvious why they're keeping him and Felicity apart (to make NTA relevant and give them purpose) that I can't even be fully disappointed in him, as weird as that sounds. I can SEE the writing and it's forced and it just bugs me.

9 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

It doesn't seem like a legitimate friendship to me at this point, more that Felicity is willing to do whatever it takes to catch Diaz, and Rene is the only one in the group willing to go along with it and help her because he doesn't like playing by the rules (like Dinah, Curtis and Diggle seem intent on) and he's itching to get back into vigilantism. They're giving each other what they both want at the moment. 

IDK. What with them all hanging out drinking and having dinner, I'm pretty sure they're trying to show it is a legitimate friendship which is why I'm like huh? When and how did this happen? I can understand why she's going to Rene for help but I also needed a little bit more explanation as to how this suddenly came about, if that makes sense. It just doesn't really feel earned.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

IDK. What with them all hanging out drinking and having dinner, I'm pretty sure they're trying to show it is a legitimate friendship which is why I'm like huh?

I got the sense that they're all supposed to be friendly, but Rene isn't the one I would've pegged Felicity to go to for help - that's what I meant. At this point, given that things from last season are supposed to be behind them, I see him as the kind of guy she'd have dinner/drinks with if he was invited along, but not close enough that he'd offer her a place to stay. So I feel like we got to that point with the two of them since they're both willing to do what the other one wants for their own personal advancement/satisfaction. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, way2interested said:

The tweet was deleted and I can't find the original pic, sorry!

☹️ Thanks, even if I have to admit to being disappointed because you guys were saying it was gorgeous. Since there were comparisons to the Queen manor, I assume it’s big?

23 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I'm annoyed at Diggle right now so I'm okay with Felicity crashing with Rene. I expect more from Diggle, which is stupid cause he keeps disappointing me. These writers. smh.

I do hope this new found partnership between Rene and Felicity includes an apology from him at some point.

What follows is all with the caveat that I’ve yet to see the last episode. But I think that the writers have been abusing Dig’s character and the good will DR has built up. It seems like since S2 they have Dig pulling stupid crap and us being expected to hand wave it away, since it’s Dig. And it’s not that he does stupid crap, we all do, it’s that it’s rarely acknowledged as such. Him being Dig is starting to not be enough of an excuse for me.

As for Rene, fine, Felicity has laser vision right now. She doesn’t have to bring up the shit he pulled. But I would certainly like someone to do it.

• Love 3

They are using the built-up Diggle good will to drive the storyline but they've done that with Oliver tons of times. They've even done it with Felicity e.g. walking out on Oliver in s4.

I think in terms of the story arc, they had to separate Diggle from Felicity in order for her to grow and go over to the dark side if that's what she's doing. If Diggle were still around and supporting her, she wouldn't be able to do what she's doing (e.g. be so desperate, go to Watson and now presumably to BS).

I also think they're doing a good job in terms of who gets which NTA. I am soooo glad that Diggle got stuck with Curtis and he's not around dragging down Felicity any more.  Dinah is taking the hard-nosed cop role. It's hypocritical of her to be anti-vigilante when she spent years on her own being one but I don't really care.

Rene makes the most sense for Felicity, especially since they seem to be pulling him away from being a mini-Green Arrow.  Like Felicity, he has a child to protect (who gets attacked it seems) and his only skill is in fighting so unlike Curtis he's not going to take away from Felicity's IT strengths.

On 10/30/2018 at 8:12 PM, apinknightmare said:

Maybe? If so he seems to have wasted 5 months of opportunity laying low, and now he seems fixated on finding the Demon because of his connection to Diaz. Unless the Demon is the person he made a deal to get info on - in which case that's a great coincidence! But there are worse Arrow coincidences, I guess - like two Dinahs with the same power occupying the same spot on the team. 

I can fanwank it that it's only now that Diaz is going after Felicity and William that he's pulling out all the stops.  When Diaz was out of the picture and he though that his family was safe albeit in witness protection, his mindset was on laying low and surviving till he gets out. Now that he knows Diaz is trying to kill them, he's pulling out all the stops.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I also think they're doing a good job in terms of who gets which NTA. I am soooo glad that Diggle got stuck with Curtis and he's not around dragging down Felicity any more.

This x 1000000!!! Please let them keep the giant sinking rock that is Curtis AWAY from Felicity and chain him to someone else if they won't kill him. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I can fanwank it that it's only now that Diaz is going after Felicity and William that he's pulling out all the stops.  When Diaz was out of the picture and he though that his family was safe albeit in witness protection, his mindset was on laying low and surviving till he gets out. Now that he knows Diaz is trying to kill them, he's pulling out all the stops.

I get that he’d be pulling out all the stops now. I just don’t buy that he’d have wasted 5 months keeping his head down and counting the days, seemingly not talking to anyone or trying to get any intel at all if he was promised a way out in exchange for doing some work inside the prison. I feel like he’d at least be working on that a little just so he could go home sooner. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Chaser said:

I'm annoyed with the Writers to say the least for pushing this friendship with a man who once tried to kill her husband 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I get that he’d be pulling out all the stops now. I just don’t buy that he’d have wasted 5 months keeping his head down and counting the days, seemingly not talking to anyone or trying to get any intel at all if he was promised a way out in exchange for doing some work inside the prison. I feel like he’d at least be working on that a little just so he could go home sooner. 

i keep thinking about it and i don't know that there's an easy answer that will satisfy everyone (which is normal).  I think there are a few ways they can go with this.  They can say that Oliver had a deal from 623 and, he was just laying low trying to get an "in".  That has the obvious drawbacks that you mentioned. 

They could say that Oliver made a deal (offscreen) after 701, you could even have some flashback revealing that Diggle/Oliver were in on it and, that's why Diggle was all Felicity forget about Oliver and Diaz.

Finally it could be nothing predetermined (which seems the easiest option).  Oliver is doing what he's doing to get to Diaz and, this results in something HUGE that the FBI/Governor pardon Oliver and he gets released from Prison.    

10 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Finally it could be nothing predetermined (which seems the easiest option).  Oliver is doing what he's doing to get to Diaz and, this results in something HUGE that the FBI/Governor pardon Oliver and he gets released from Prison. 

I'm going to go with this one. With the prisoners/Diaz/corrupt people seeming to have a hold over the prison as well, Oliver can reveal the corruption, survive the prison riot fight, and then get released for being the "hero" in prison even though he did a bunch of """"bad"""" stuff in the process.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

They could say that Oliver made a deal (offscreen) after 701, you could even have some flashback revealing that Diggle/Oliver were in on it and, that's why Diggle was all Felicity forget about Oliver and Diaz.

I hope it's not this one, only because the thought of Oliver formulating a secret plan with Diggle and not disclosing it to Felicity AGAIN makes me stabby. In fact, I would want Felicity to actually stab him.

I do think it will be the third option, though.

• Love 4

“Due Process” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

LAUREL STEPS IN TO HELP OLIVER — Slabside becomes even more dangerous after a guard is murdered and everyone is a suspect. Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) enlists help from a surprising source in her pursuit of Diaz (Kirk Acevedo), and Laurel (Katie Cassidy) flexes her muscles as the District Attorney. Kristin Windell directed the episode written by Sarah Tarkhoff & Tonya Kong (#706). Original airdate 11/19/2018.

Wow, they're really going for it aren't they? A truly brilliant legal mind, getting a full education from two law books LOL. 

Also, Felicity - girl, you are running out of surprising sources to run to!

• Love 10

Please let Black Siren ask Siri for help in 7x06. Otherwise, I won't believe anything she says. 

Also, I'm thinking the "surprising source" Felicity turns to is Anatoly? 

ETA: Also, I will not believe that Black Siren does any of this on her own, so who's going to ask her to do something as DA? 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 1