Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

If they want to do a spinoff of Future OTA, then the simplest solution is to change the current future but have this group of characters end up like Rip on LOT.  He succeeded in stopping Savage but found that he couldn't return to his timeline since the change meant he no longer belonged.  Bring them out of the current future, change things so that Oliver, Felicity, Diggle and their families have a happily ever after, and then set FOTA in a different setting to find their new place in a different world.  They can even play around if they want and include adult JJ or even an out of timeline Baby Sara.  There are tons of DC cities that we haven't yet seen and can be the backdrop for such a show.

Even if they don't spin off FOTA I think the current future will end up changed and Oliver will end the series alive and happy.  They have to know their viewers dislike that story even if we do like some of the characters.  They won't want to end the series with all their viewers angry and risk becoming another How I Met Your Mother.  And having the current future actually happen won't satisfy anyone.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, kes0704 said:

They’re trying to set up and sell their audience on a spin-off. A dead Oliver Queen at the final credits, a city that’s a hellish place to live in the future and missing out on a life with his wife, raising their kids would be a terrible ending for him after 7 years, at least it would be for me. 

It’d cast a sense of gloom over everything and feel like he spent all that time  fighting to save the city and he only briefly delayed the awful future that was looming. 

If that’s the starting point for a spin-off, I don’t know that I’d be lining up to watch what comes next with the Arrow kids because it might just be another mission doomed to ultimately fail.

Totally agree. You'd have an audience who is full of distrust and thinking "Why the f#ck will I watch this spin off? It's gonna end in a pointless dumpster fire like the original series."

Seriously there would be no point in watching the spin off if you know the creators/writers are just going to write miserable storylines. 

The only exception that worries me is that Legacies is doing ok so they might not worry about that. 

@scarynikki12 that HIMYM finale 😠😡😠😡😠😡

I want the time I wasted on that series back. 

• Love 2

If they are doing a spin off I would think they would be more likely leave the future as is and have Oliver possibly be dead as that then creates motivation and purpose for Mia as the central hero. If it all gets tied up in happy bow what then is the purpose spin off? Not to mention almost every super hero in the Arrow verse has some childhood tragedy or tragic death in the back story that drives them to be the hero they become.

Thats why no offence to Kat and Ben, but I'd rather no spin off and a happy ending for the characters I invested 7 years into then a spin off and the show ending on such a dour future.

• Love 5

Nah, they have all the set up they need right there. The show would be about superhero kids who grew up with the issues of being superhero kids and now have to choose or not to follow in their footsteps and accept that responsibility both literally and emotionally. That's what Connor's speech was all about, not honoring Oliver's death or trying to avenge their parents. So if Oliver is found out alive or they are able to get him back (which I'm guessing is what's going to happen), they still have a show/plot set up about Mia, William, Connor, and Zoe (assuming they are the main characters, given the pic from JDJ's instagram takeover) choosing to try to save the city on their own despite their own personal hangups on what it did with their lives.

It's why they had this backdoor pilot be the same episode they reveal that Felicity is for realz alive along with a resolution for William and Mia's resentment towards Felicity, so that the FF can move beyond the personal backstory tragedies set up in 7a (William and Mia are no longer mad at Felicity, William took initiative to help be a hero even after he got all of his answers, and Mia helped the vigilantes and even acted as one even though she wasn't going to get the answers she wanted) and to get to resolving the plots of the FF and make future set ups for their characters and story. 

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 6

This whole time I've been thinking there's not enough time to set up Smoak Tech in the few episodes we have left and it might be a S8 thing but I guess not! 

It's nice they got Alena back for it. I guess now we know who'll be running the company when Felicity goes into hiding with Mia.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Angel12d said:

It's nice they got Alena back for it. I guess now we know who'll be running the company when Felicity goes into hiding with Mia.

And apparently doing a terrific job. Go, Alena. Now, there’s an experienced candidate I’d like to recommend for the CFO position...

• Love 1
3 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I am all for Felicity bringing in Alena for Smoak Tech — especially since the best part is NO CURTIS! 

(Although I hate that Alena ended up at Tech Village. Why is it that the masks never have to take those horrible jobs?)

LOT had Sara work at Sink, shower and stuff.  

• Love 1

The Bruce Springsteen song for 721 is Living Proof...

Out of all the lyrics for that song, writer OB tweeted these particular lyrics...

Here are the complete lyrics...

Living Proof
by Bruce Springsteen
Well now on a summer night, oh in a dusky room
Come a little piece of the Lord's undying light
Crying like he swallowed the fiery moon
In his mother's arms it was all the beauty I could take
Like the missing words to some prayer that I could never make
Oh, in a world so hard and dirty so fouled and confused
Searching for a little bit of God's mercy
I found living proof
Well, I put my heart and soul, babe, I put 'em high upon a shelf
Right next to the faith, the faith that I'd lost in myself
I went down into the desert city
Just tryin' so hard to shed my skin
I crawled deep into some kind of darkness
Lookin' to burn out every trace of who I'd been
You do some sad, sad things baby
When it's your you 're tryin' to lose
You do some sad and hurtful things
I've seen living proof
You shot through my anger and rage
To show me my prison was just an open cage
There were no keys no guards
Oh, just one frightened man and some old shadows for bars
Well now all that's sure on the boulevard
Is that life is just a house of cards
As fragile as each and every breath
Of this boy sleepin' in our bed
Tonight let's lie beneath the eaves, babe
Just a close band of happy thieves
And when that train comes we'll get on board
And steal what we can from the treasures, treasures of the Lord
It's been along long drought baby
Tonight the rain's pourin' down on our roof

Oh, looking for a little bit of God's mercy
I found living proof
Oh living proof
I found living proof
Yeah, living proof
I found living proof
Oh living proof
I found living proof
Oh 
Yeah I found living proof
I found living proof
I found living proof
Oh

(source)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I posted in the Social Media thread that JH cancelled her scheduled appearance at Planet Comicon, March 29-31. Now here is her explanation...

By my guesstimate, the 721 shooting schedule is from March 21 to April 1. 

Edited by tv echo

JB says that he has to leave C2E2 early tomorrow "due to production needing me on site earlier than originally scheduled." I don't know if this means he's returning to Arrow for 721 or if this is for some other show or project. Is it just a coincidence that he and JH made con changes at the same time (after the 721 cast filming schedule came out)? ...

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

Is Caity Lotz in 721 as well?...

Since Caity dyed her hair right before going to Vancouver, I figure she's just around doing Shethority stuff. 

Between the present day and the flash forwards Arrow already has more than enough characters to fit into the show. Personally, I’d be quite okay with skipping another visit from Sara so quickly in the present, seeing as she shows up in 718,  and not knowing precisly what happened to her 20 years in the future. 

• Love 7
On 3/23/2019 at 7:11 AM, tv echo said:

JB says that he has to leave C2E2 early tomorrow "due to production needing me on site earlier than originally scheduled." I don't know if this means he's returning to Arrow for 721 or if this is for some other show or project. Is it just a coincidence that he and JH made con changes at the same time (after the 721 cast filming schedule came out)?

Colin Donnell is also in Van. Curiouser and curiouser.

• Love 1

I will always take CD on the show any way I can get him. They could bring Tommy back to life, no side effects, and I’d have no complaints. 

Also, I think CD was supposed to be at the con today but that changed because of his production schedule? When I first saw the tweet, I hoped it was Arrow-related. 

• Love 1

JB says that he has to leave C2E2 early tomorrow "due to production needing me on site earlier than originally scheduled." I don't know if this means he's returning to Arrow for 721 or if this is for some other show or project. Is it just a coincidence that he and JH made con changes at the same time (after the 721 cast filming schedule came out)?

On Twitter JB said he was headed to Tronto to do a Pilot for the CW.  

Here's video of what was tweeted upthread - from KM panel at Dutch Comic Con yesterday (Sunday)...

-- On her fave Mia scenes, KM: "One of my favorite scenes is coming up in - I'm trying to remember which episode it's in. There's a really good scene in episode - oh, there's a fun scene at the end of episode 18. Omigosh, you guys are gonna lose it. That's amazing. Oh my God, I just remembered. That's gonna be awesome. But, no, one of my favorite scenes to shoot was, uh, the scene at the end of - I don't if you've seen episode 16 yet, 'cause it comes out here today... I have a scene - oh, I can't even say who it's with, 'cause it's a spoiler, but it's my last scene in the episode, um, and I really love it... It's not a fight scene. It's a really emotional scene."

-- On Olicity parenting, KM: "So I haven't necessarily seen what his parenting, at least for Mia, is. I don't know if I can say which one's the better parent, because they're both flawed inherently. And particularly, as the season develops, you see how flawed they both are. But they have the best of intentions. I think they work best together as a team. I think, you know, Olicity is strong for a reason, and they make a good team in their marriage, they make a good team in fighting together, and they make a good team parenting."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I have no idea what they're doing with the season finale because it seems like 2019 doesn't really have a season long storyline.  2040 certainly does but, i can't see a linear story that they're building up towards for present day.

• Love 4

The present day storyline is just being used to set up the flash forwards. I think the present will end with Olicity leaving Star City and the future will end them answering the Oliver question. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Chaser said:

The present day storyline is just being used to set up the flash forwards. I think the present will end with Olicity leaving Star City and the future will end them answering the Oliver question. 

Makes sense, and yeah the present day storyline was sacrificed as a setup for the Flashforwards which is really odd since the Flashbacks were always used to support the present day storyline.  

• Love 2

Emiko has training that no normal person being taught to just defend themselves would possess.  And certainly not at such a young age.  Why is Oliver (or anyone else) not more curious???? 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Why do I feel like they're going to fit an entire redemption arc into 718, especially if it is indeed Laurel's last episode? Especially after that promo really pushing the whole "she's totally evil" angle. 

Yeah I don't think she went evil and I didn't buy that we're not friends line. 

I have to laugh though, once again BS is just small potatoes. She couldn't even stand up to Emiko nd she's a Meta.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Why do I feel like they're going to fit an entire redemption arc into 718, especially if it is indeed Laurel's last episode? Especially after that promo really pushing the whole "she's totally evil" angle. 

I’ll trade a last minute, rushed redemption in exchange for her leaving town (and the show) for good.

• Love 4

I really like Felicity/Siren and I don't want Siren to be evil. If she's leaving then let her leave on a high note. Honestly, outside of the OTA relationships Siren/FS has been my fave.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

She's big into self-preservation so I totally believe she's going to backslide for maybe 15 minutes? Then Sara, Dinah and Felicity will pep talk her with some "this isn't you!" Even though...well, she's been more evil than not and Sara will of course be talking about a completely different person, but then she'll (again) see the error of her ways and will have of course slipped up publicly to the point where she can't stay in Star City and will fuck off after learning her lesson and promising her friends and not!sister that she will be a very good girl in some other city/on some other earth!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

She's big into self-preservation so I totally believe she's going to backslide for maybe 15 minutes? Then Sara, Dinah and Felicity will pep talk her with some "this isn't you!" Even though...well, she's been more evil than not and Sara will of course be talking about a completely different person, but then she'll (again) see the error of her ways and will have of course slipped up publicly to the point where she can't stay in Star City and will fuck off after learning her lesson and promising her friends and not!sister that she will be a very good girl in some other city/on some other earth!

Cue going back to E2 and becoming their BC.  (Until Crisis when the other worlds vanish?)  

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Maybe when we see her again (probably for Crisis) she'll return as the White Siren lol.

White Siren could happen if they don't want to give E2 Laurel any bit of the BC title but also just have her be BS but help people.  She could always lie and tell the good folks on E2 that she was only bad when Zoom made her bad.  They might buy it.  They have blimps for transportation and think it's cool.    

• LOL 2
29 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I don't want 15 eps of Oliver being depressed about his garbage sister eating up screentime and making me lose my Olicity scenes. 

Lol, this really being a plot for all of the remaining episodes? Like, during the crossover he'll go "yeah, Moniter, I'll finish this deal, but let me talk about this sister drama from last season that all crossover audiences for sure know about"? Like, during the series finale it will be all about Emiko and Oliver will never speak to Felicity or have an Olicity scene ever again because of her? Even though Emiko is after Felicity's tech?

C'mon now

Edited by way2interested
6 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Lol, this really being a plot for all of the remaining episodes? Like, during the crossover he'll go "yeah, Moniter, I'll finish this deal, but let me talk about this sister drama from last season that all crossover audiences for sure know about"? Like, during the series finale it will be all about Emiko and Oliver will never speak to Felicity or have an Olicity scene ever again because of her? Even though Emiko is after Felicity's tech?

C'mon now

I'm actually expecting worse. Like he might put his family at a disadvantage to redeem/save the garbage sister. 

And SA has a history of walkinf around with mopey stank face depending on what plot he wants to follow in his head. 

Might not happen but the history of this show suggests it very well could. 

The 150th ep was as garbage for me as I thought it would be. 

More power to you of you enjoy that kind of stuff though. I don't hence expressing my fears/dislike 😊

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'm actually expecting worse. Like he might put his family at a disadvantage to redeem/save the garbage sister. 

And SA has a history of walkinf around with mopey stank face depending on what plot he wants to follow in his head. 

What does that have to do with losing Olicity scenes though, which was the original point? And is this going to happen in 809 then, since the original comment was referencing all of the last 15 episodes?

Edited by way2interested
1 minute ago, way2interested said:

What does that have to do with losing Olicity scenes though, which was the original point? And is this going to happen in 809 then, since the original comment was referencing all of the last 15 episodes?

Lol you want a disclaimer from me?

This show has a history of cutting Olicity scenes, making them too short or making Olicity scenes about whatever dramas Oliver is having. 

I'm not going to sit here and sift through every comment so you can hold me to a technicality over every complaint I have about the show. 

Basically the gist is: Bad acting garage sister will take screentime from what I want to see and there are only 15 episodes left. 

I do not care for bad acting garage sister and do not wish to waste time on her.

More power to her fans if she has any but she's a waste of screentime for me.

• Love 5