Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Bonkers? 🤔😂

The reviewers are going into this blind, dropping a random half-sister, making the new GA a woman, and introducing a future Olicity kid (along with apparently a return appearance from a past character) all in 42 minutes would be pretty bonkers XD

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Rene has been the least irritating noob this season imo which is weird because I found him the most irritating last season.

Rene dropping the "Hoss" every other line immediately improved him. Still not a big fan, but I no longer wish a painful death upon him. 

• Love 11

I just want Maya to be rude as hell to Dinah, love her Dad and Mom fiercely, slap her Uncle Roy and remind him that he knows who Felicity and Oliver really are and be a badass likeable young lady. And oh her punching Dinah in her smug face would be awesome 

• Love 11

Rory is coming back!!! My favorite Newbie by about a million yards! Come back Rory, we miss you! Can we trade NTA for him, pretty please? Looks like they will be bringing back tons of old characters, which I am actually pretty excited about. Now, if only we could knock off a few bits of fat for all the new newbies.

Wow, KM looks so much like a combination of Oliver and Felicity in those pics! Crazy! I cant say I ever saw that one coming lol

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mary0360 said:

Craig from GATV is watching the screener right now. He said that he was screaming "yes!" Two minutes in and that Olicity fans will be screaming "yes!" Three minutes in. People are calling sex scene. 

Still waiting fo to see if he'll give any reaction when he learns the joyous news of Oliver and Felicitys future daughter that he gloated about never happening after Beth's SDCC comment 😈

Has he reacted anymore????

3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I think he might’ve been talking about Joe DiNichol there and not anyone in the next ep. 

ETA: or given the tweet before that one he could’ve been talking about one of the crossover stills. 

I figured that too, just in case though, since I don't care about JB in the crossover XD

On SA’s new FB Live someone asked “Is there going to be a new villain? I know Diaz is a series regular but that doesn’t mean he’s the main villain” and he paused and said “That’s correct. [nodding] That is correct.” So there’s hope!

(He also talked about the big screwup in the last shot of 707 and said “it didn’t sit well with people who are really invested in the show” and that it will be fixed for streaming. He didn’t sound happy.)

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Trisha said:

He also talked about the big screwup in the last shot of 707 and said “it didn’t sit well with people who are really invested in the show” and that it will be fixed for streaming. He didn’t sound happy.)

Well, I’m not surprised. It kinda distracted from the big emotional moment of the reunion because everyone was wondering where Dig vanished to. 😂

And actually I find it really sloppy and unprofessional that no one caught that mistake but then that’s Bamford for you. 🙄

5 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Yeah idk know they miss that, thats just simple continuity!

I wonder if MG wanted Barrowman back for the big 150th since its going to be guest star galore. Wonder how that convo went.

Isn't he in Australia at the moment for Im a Celebrity...get me out of here? 

8 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Isn't he in Australia at the moment for Im a Celebrity...get me out of here? 

He is but Barrowman said that they asked about his availability which makes me think they tried to get him on 150. He obviously wont show up but they want him to return to the show. 

36 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

And actually I find it really sloppy and unprofessional that no one caught that mistake but then that’s Bamford for you

Can't say it's all Bamford's fault since Arrow has a history..hello electrocuted and left for dead Roy.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

I thought it  was funny. I'm sad they'll fix it. 

So they'll have a shot of Diggle's back? Wouldn't that ruin the panning out? Boo

I'll be shocked if they actually fix it. I bet they just said that to appease Stephen who gets worked up about those things. It's seems like an expensive waste of money for something that doesn't really affect the outcome of the episode. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Can't say it's all Bamford's fault since Arrow has a history..hello electrocuted abd left for dead Roy.

True. But I do think it’s something he should’ve caught. From what I understand the director is there in editing and everything?

11 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

I'll be shocked if they actually fix it. I bet they just said that to appease Stephen who gets worked up about those things. It's seems like an expensive waste of money for something that doesn't really affect the outcome of the episode. 

I wouldn't lay that at Stephen's feet. Before the episode, it was obvious that everyone was really proud of that episode and thought it was one of the best of the series. It had to be both annoying and embarrassing to them that there was such a huge error at the end and that critics and fans have been talking about it for days since. It's not hard to understand why they don't want that error preserved for posterity.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

True. But I do think it’s something he should’ve caught. From what I understand the director is there in editing and everything?

I think the issue was with the CGI work which is the last thing done for an episode. It wouldn't have been noticeable in editing since it wasn't a problem at that point.

• Love 1

What I really don't get about disappearing Dig is that he really served no purpose in that scene. He had what may have been a guilty look on his face while watching them (and I'm guessing may have flown Felicity there) but he didn't actually interact with either of them so if they really wanted the artsy pan out shot they could have just cut Dig out entirely without it making any real difference.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I think the issue was with the CGI work which is the last thing done for an episode. It wouldn't have been noticeable in editing since it wasn't a problem at that point.

Yeah, I don’t think it’s all on the director or editor. SA seemed to blame the VFX team (before he caught himself and added that they work their a**es off on the show). Whatever happened, it must be embarrassing for the whole crew. It wasn’t just a Dig who disappeared - there was an entire building behind him too.

Everyone seems pretty hyped about the next episode, so I’m sure the chatter about their big goof will die down soon. SA said 708 was “very fun to play” and described it as a “reset”.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

Craig from GATV is watching the screener right now. He said that he was screaming "yes!" Two minutes in and that Olicity fans will be screaming "yes!" Three minutes in. People are calling sex scene. 

Still waiting fo to see if he'll give any reaction when he learns the joyous news of Oliver and Felicitys future daughter that he gloated about never happening after Beth's SDCC comment 😈

I've never tried to pump him for info but dang, if I'm not tempted to try on this Maya thing. (I won't still, we don't have that kind of relationship,  but the temptation!!)  If we are wrong...I cant even imagine.  

2 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Dang I was hoping he'd react more either way! I suppose he has to temper his reactions.

Craig has come around to Olicity and has even said he'd be fine with a kid if it made sense to the story.  

1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

He is but Barrowman said that they asked about his availability which makes me think they tried to get him on 150. He obviously wont show up but they want him to return to the show. 

I think he's made it clear it was just a scheduling conflict this time.  I think if there's a chance for him to return, he will.  He likes the fandom too much to stay away if nothing else I think.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Craig has come around to Olicity and has even said he'd be fine with a kid if it made sense to the story.  

He's so up and down when it comes to Olicity. Like I remember he was generally positive about Olicity in early season 4. What he has been consistent in is that he is not a fan of Olicity fans so I tend to think he doesn't want them to have nice things. 

If we are wrong about Maya, and I feel 90 per cent that we aren't, then just avoid twitter for a week lol  

But I mean even Reddit is all 'yeah she's basically their kid' and if those guys see it as a strong possibility or conclusion then it can't just be pure ship bias that's connecting the dots. 

12 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

@BkWurm1!!!!!!!

Do it for the team! Prod him for info!

It's too slippery a slope.  I don't dare otherwise how would I ever stop badgering him and worst yet, what if he wouldn't tell me and then I'd have to give up the fantasy of having the option, lol 

• Love 3

Gahhh it's going to be SUCH a long wait! 

I have a ring delivery due on the day 708 airs!

So either I'm going to kick back with a fabulous ring while watching Olicity dessert and revel in the Olicitot reveal or I'm going to be crying about my broken Olicitot dreams and ugly ring! 

• Love 1

OMG Guys what if they don't tell us who Maya is in 708. Will they tell us? How long will we need to wait!?

I feel like I need to know either way!!!!!!!

If she is their daughter, that’s not something they can really ignore for long. Everyone in FF would know who she is. So even if they don’t reveal it in 708, I can’t imagine it’ll be left hanging for long. 

12 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

If she is their daughter, that’s not something they can really ignore for long. Everyone in FF would know who she is. So even if they don’t reveal it in 708, I can’t imagine it’ll be left hanging for long. 

Ok! Good Point! Zen until next Tuesday! 

Personally, I would think that Beth would want to write her introduction/reveal herself since this whole kid thing was probably her idea/was ultimately her call. And the same is happening with Emiko, with Beth co-writing her introduction/reveal herself. Passing that opportunity (in a midseason finale no less) seems really odd just to keep up a mystery, especially when there will still be a bunch of mysteries to tie people over to 710 already (what's going on in the future, what's Emiko's story, what's the new villain problem, etc.). Not to mention the parallels (which they've already used a bunch this season) is way to opportune to skip. 

• Love 2

If Emiko is getting revealed in the MSF, I can see them doing the parallel with Maya in the future. Although while I'm certain Oliver has no idea Emiko exists, they better not pull that with William - I will NOT BUY. Hopefully her meeting up with William would give some more details about HIS backstory, which is inconsistent and sketchy - and have her be like, "I thought you were done with us since ________ happened," or "I haven't seen you in a year, since _________." It doesn't have to go in-depth, but just give some kind of indication as to what this stupid future is about.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

If Emiko is getting revealed in the MSF, I can see them doing the parallel with Maya in the future. Although while I'm certain Oliver has no idea Emiko exists, they better not pull that with William - I will NOT BUY. Hopefully her meeting up with William would give some more details about HIS backstory, which is inconsistent and sketchy - and have her be like, "I thought you were done with us since ________ happened," or "I haven't seen you in a year, since _________." It doesn't have to go in-depth, but just give some kind of indication as to what this stupid future is about.

My greatest fear is that they are going to keep what's happening in the future stupidly vague for long time as didn't they say they intended to keep the flash forwards for the remainder of the series? So if we are looking at another season, or even 2 or 3 seasons I suspect there will be a lot of dragging out.

Snd by that I don't mean the Maya reveal but just the future dystopia plot in general. 

10 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

I'm actually excited for Monday lol

Me too! My birthday is tomorrow and I'm like, "Yeah, can we just skip ahead to the 3rd?" That's how much I want my Olicity scenes back.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Me too! My birthday is tomorrow and I'm like, "Yeah, can we just skip ahead to the 3rd?" That's how much I want my Olicity scenes back.

Happy Birthday! I hope Monday delivers for you.

I may have missed a spoiler but, I don't think they'll reveal Emiko in the MSF. Reveal that NGA is a female and unmask her so the audience sees her face? Absolutely! Let the unspoiled speculate until January! But, actually revealing Emiko Queen and Olivercs half sister? I'd think they would save that.

If anything I think Maya will be revealed as Olicity daughter in 708 but, that's about it.

Edited by Morrigan2575
11 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

Happy Birthday! I hope Monday delivers for you.

Thanks, and I think it already has. Are we getting shower sex?! After all these years? *weeps with joy*

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I may have missed a spoiler but, I don't think they'll reveal Emiko in the MSF. Reveal that NGA is a female and unmask her so the audience sees her face? Absolutely! Let the unspoiled speculate until January! But, actually revealing Emiko Queen and Olivercs half sister? I'd think they would save that.

If anything I think Maya will be revealed as Olicity daughter in 708 but, that's about it.

Why would they save it? Finding out that the new Green Arrow is Oliver's sister that he didn't know about is a great cliffhanger. The title being "Unmasked" indicates that we might get to see her face, and since the next episode (apart from the crossover) was originally titled "My Name Is Emiko Queen," it would make sense if they gave some clue to her identity in this episode. 

2 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Thanks, and I think it already has. We're getting shower sex?! After all these years? *weeps with joy*

Well, happy birthday to you!!!!

6 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Well, happy birthday to you!!!!

Happy Birthday to ALL of us, LOL! But honestly, after making it through the prison separation, we deserve.

Lol I just glanced at Twitter briefly. Olicity fandom meltdown has officially started. We might not survive Monday (Tuesday for me)!

I'm so glad I didn't go into the office today. Otherwise, I'd be in the car right now, missing all of this joy and hilarity.

• Love 3