Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

I've been disappointed with the cycle of Oliver making the choices for Olicity and the way they've addressed it. He did it in S4 and they broke up but then they kind sweep it under the rug when they got back together. It happened again in S5 but it was a 1 episode thing and then he turned right around and did it again in the season finale. I'd like Felicity to not be so understanding this time around. This time it didn't just lead to a break up or a fight, it destroyed their lives, William's life and it's going to force Felicity to maybe become a person she never wanted to be. 

I want the tearful reunion, the passionate reconnection but I also want them to deal head on with what Oliver did to the family.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, Trisha said:

If they go into the crossover with tension and whatever happens in Elseworlds makes them stronger as a couple, then that’s what — 2 or 3 episodes of angst? (I’m assuming 707 is more about getting out of prison and any fallout won’t start until 708.)

That would be interesting. There was a lot of flack over them having the relationship arc and double wedding stuff in Crisis and they might have it again this year. 

10 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I just hope that it’s more awkward, unspoken tension/getting used to each other again, rather than full-on fighting or living apart. I also hope that it’s not all about Oliver’s decision because that could lead to a “Felicity just needs to get over it” backlash. It would be more interesting if it was a range of stuff they were trying to deal with at once — new living arrangements, Oliver adjusting to life outside prison/being outed, Felicity dealing with how dark she had to get, Oliver feeling left out that Felicity and William became a cohesion family unit without him, etc.

Definitely agree with all of this. Really don't want another "get over it" backlash. She has every right to be pissed and it is realistic there would be some issues and tension but I hope not a full on living apart scenario. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Speaking of William, has that actor been seen on set since 701? I know they were shooting in a school and everyone assumed it would be about him, but was that confirmed? I very much hope they pick him up from boarding school as soon as they can. 

It probably was doubling as the community center, but they definitely shot scenes inside the school as a school, and I'm pretty sure they had a picture where you could see JM and his mom there.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I hope Diaz doesn't go after him at school after Felicity made the choice to send him away (which I think was the right choice). I would hate that, LOL.

All I know is if Diaz finds him at school, this better be the last time they use ARGUS for witness protection. 

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I get your frustration @jay741982 but I feel like she would be harder on Oliver than anyone else. 

He's got a history of making big decisions without her, promised her he'd change, did the dumbass go at it alone stint in S6 and shut her out. Finally he goes off and makes a deal with the FBI and she finds out as he's getting arrested.  

As much as the N00bs are total and utter trash, they are insignificant trash that can sit at landfill. IMO they don't matter that much in her world.

The love of her life has once again disappointed her in a big way. I totally buy her being just focused on that because he's the most important thing in her life. He has the capacity to hurt her the most and has hurt her. 

You're right and yes this angst is deserved I just wish the Writers wouldn't have her being all buddy buddy with Newbs when they don't deserve it. I'm just sick of Olicity suffering while Newbs get off Scot free.  And Yes @apinknightmare I agree with you but like I already said the Newbs don't deserve her friendship.

28 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I've been disappointed with the cycle of Oliver making the choices for Olicity and the way they've addressed it. He did it in S4 and they broke up but then they kind sweep it under the rug when they got back together. It happened again in S5 but it was a 1 episode thing and then he turned right around and did it again in the season finale. I'd like Felicity to not be so understanding this time around. This time it didn't just lead to a break up or a fight, it destroyed their lives, William's life and it's going to force Felicity to maybe become a person she never wanted to be. 

I want the tearful reunion, the passionate reconnection but I also want them to deal head on with what Oliver did to the family.

I agree with this. I get so sick of Oliver making all the choices and the Writers writing it. 

21 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I hope Diaz doesn't go after him at school after Felicity made the choice to send him away (which I think was the right choice). I would hate that, LOL.

I honestly wonder if it's part of Felicity's "pulling out all the stops" plan, or if that's just referencing working with BS.

15 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I haven't seen it mentioned but I like the confirmation that Felicity is going to be involved with NGA when they reveal her. I want her and Emiko to have a dynamic. 

I do too, but I'll also be annoyed because Arrow didn't bother to give us the Felicity/Thea friendship on-screen I wanted.  

17 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

They did?

In the TVG interview EBR says Felicity factors into the NGA reveal. Lends more weight to the theory that it’s part of the “shocking secret” she finds out about Oliver. 

On the topic of the new Green Arrow, what can you tease about that mystery and how Felicity will factor into it?
Rickards: It's not who you think. Felicity is going to factor into it once she meets the person. She will ultimately feel guarded but then hopefully jump on board. That would be my want.

I’m also very intrigued by how she keeps talking about how Felicity will be fundamentally changed by how dark she gets in the next few episodes. Even when asked about the flashforwards she mentions the character is currently “growing in such a different direction.” As much as I liked the Helix storyline last year and the tension/parallels it generated between her and Oliver, I don’t want her to get TOO dark or irrevocably damaged. (Although EBR seems pretty committed to not learning about what’s coming up for her character, so her interview responses tend to be focused on whatever she’s shooting at the time.)

• Love 1
Just now, Trisha said:

In the TVG interview EBR says Felicity factors into the NGA reveal. Lends more weight to the theory that it’s part of the “shocking secret” she finds out about Oliver. 

Thanks! I only glanced at the interview last night, didn't see this part.

My impression of the tension that we will see between Oliver and Felicity once they have their reunion is that it will be based on how being apart changed each of them and they will have to grow back together.  Learning who the other person is now and maybe even needing to help the other person find their center again.  And any change Oliver doesn't love, Felicity is also going to resent having become that person because of what he did to them.  I can see her anger coming out at that point.

Simply having been on your own, it's not so easy to just go back to leaning on and completely confiding in one another even if you ultimately want that.  But I expect the love and longing to be close again will never go away even if they aren't sure how to navigate the road back.     

Oliver, of course, will feel guilty about anything darker she's had to do, but ultimately he'd be able to help her cope like he was able to help her handle her guilt over Cayden James going bad after she freed him.  

I'd like it all resolved sooner than later but we might have some sore spots that will take longer to address even as they still have their moments.  No matter what happens, I expect rainbows by the end of the season.  

• Love 5

I'm more chill about things today. But all I hope is that this is different from S4. I don't want any separation or walking away. I want them both to fight for each other. If they're gonna do this and not gloss over things - nor should they - don't go the easy route like they did in S4. Keep them together and working at it, as any marriage should. That's all I ask. 

But also, let's not drag it out for a whole season. The season is bleak enough as it is, we need happy moments and so do Olicity (and William). 

33 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I expect rainbows by the end of the season.  

The thing is, I don’t want them to be separated, even just emotionally, for most of the season, then resolve things for happiness off-screen between seasons, like the season 3 finale. I want to see that happiness on-screen. 

8 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

The thing is, I don’t want them to be separated, even just emotionally, for most of the season, then resolve things for happiness off-screen between seasons, like the season 3 finale. I want to see that happiness on-screen. 

I mean, we're talking this fracture being around 708-709 it seems definitely, and then unknown after that. Idk that they would extend it for 14ish episodes just to have them kiss in 722 and then decide to retire to their honeymoon for 7.5 case closed for offscreen 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Worst case scenario I'd still expect them to be MOSTLY good all season but some issues not fully resolved until they come to a head.   

• Love 2

I dno how i feel about flash forwards... I mean… Now we know Roy becomes some loner on the Island and Oliver is missing or dead right?

So we know that no matter how happy Roy or Oliver become. No matter how many victories they have... We know things will go wrong for them in the future. Which almost kills everything for me. Kinda hard to explain. Like.. Lets say he ends the season happy with Felicity and William... That won't mean anything cuz things will go bad for them later. I just find it very dangerous to do.

Maybe i'm jumping the gun and once the flash forward story arc is completed it will make more sense. But i'm gonna assume that when the series ends Oliver will be happy. But it would be bittersweet cuz the flashforwards tell us a different ending.

Maybe i'm reading to much in to this…

• Love 1

I'm also not 100% sold on the flashforward for the a lot of same reasons but I don't think we necessarily know Oliver is missing or dead, we can assume it but I also think the hozen suddenly activating and the message Roy burned probably indicates that someone is using it to ask for help so if he is missing then Roy and William will rescue him. I don't love that they've already seemingly erased Thea and Roy's happy ending and implied it ended very badly especially since, with Willa gone, I'm not sure they can ever really show us what happened. I'm in a weird place where I find the flashforward interesting but worry it wil really limit storytelling for the present. We already know that no matter what danger he's placed in, Wiliam will survive 20 years/to adulthood and that will be true for anyone they show in the flashforward. This seems like a terrible plan for a show that loves its "are they dead?" cliffhangers.  

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, DeadZeus said:

I dno how i feel about flash forwards... I mean… Now we know Roy becomes some loner on the Island and Oliver is missing or dead right?

I'm thinking it's just the gimmick for the mystery and Oliver and Felicity are alive and just in the middle of some sort of adventure of the season drama. If it's just drama of the season, then I don't necessarily think that erases any happy ending that they have once the season/series ends, since that would basically just imply "the story doesn't end once the show does with this characters," which looks like is what Beth is going for.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I'm also not 100% sold on the flashforward for the a lot of same reasons but I don't think we necessarily know Oliver is missing or dead, we can assume it but I also think the hozen suddenly activating and the message Roy burned probably indicates that someone is using it to ask for help so if he is missing then Roy and William will rescue him. I don't love that they've already seemingly erased Thea and Roy's happy ending and implied it ended very badly especially since, with Willa gone, I'm not sure they can ever really show us what happened. I'm in a weird place where I find the flashforward interesting but worry it wil really limit storytelling for the present. We already know that no matter what danger he's placed in, Wiliam will survive 20 years/to adulthood and that will be true for anyone they show in the flashforward. This seems like a terrible plan for a show that loves its "are they dead?" cliffhangers.  

I think there's a good chance he and possibly Felicity will be revealed to be alive though maybe not for a while. Will's whining didn't seem tragic really, though we're meant to think it was for the moment. I'm really annoyed about the Thea/Roy presumed bad ending because as you say, it's unlikely that Willa will be back. It makes me frustrated for their send off last season, which I'd resigned myself to when it was announced CH was coming back. It's possible they had time to have a cousin for William and he/she will show up, especially if the FFs do continue until the end of the series. Maybe it's Maya. ;)  

3 hours ago, Featherhat said:

I think there's a good chance he and possibly Felicity will be revealed to be alive though maybe not for a while. Will's whining didn't seem tragic really, though we're meant to think it was for the moment. I'm really annoyed about the Thea/Roy presumed bad ending because as you say, it's unlikely that Willa will be back. It makes me frustrated for their send off last season, which I'd resigned myself to when it was announced CH was coming back. It's possible they had time to have a cousin for William and he/she will show up, especially if the FFs do continue until the end of the series. Maybe it's Maya. ;)  

Trust me I thought of the possibility that the writers will let olicitiers get their Hopes up that Maya is Olicity Baby then when she debuts we find out Maya is Theroy Baby lol

2 hours ago, jay741982 said:

Trust me I thought of the possibility that the writers will let olicitiers get their Hopes up that Maya is Olicity Baby then when she debuts we find out Maya is Theroy Baby lol

If that did happen, it's at least not their fault. All they've said is she's a character named Maya and didn't even reveal that she's in the flashforwards yet.

• Love 1

Or.... if Beth is really going for MG-type shocks, we find out that Maya is Black Siren's daughter! I've commented before on how much KM looks like a younger KC. That would really stir the pot.

17 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Does anyone remember that JH video where she was really pumped up after meeting with Arrow writers? I thought it was for episode 4, but I see nothing in the description that would warrant such excitement. 

I remember it being for 7x4 in her description. Maybe she has a really "awesome" move in a fight scene or one line she thinks is kickass. When she joined in S5 she was pumped about a particular episode and it was just a generic girl power type line. She also tends to go OTT in her public (and I guess private) praise of the writers so there's every chance it won't be much and she's trying to prove she knows which side her bread is buttered. Or alternatively the description doesn't matched the big bits in the episode, again. 

59 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Or.... if Beth is really going for MG-type shocks, we find out that Maya is Black Siren's daughter! I've commented before on how much KM looks like a younger KC. That would really stir the pot.

True, anything's possible and we'd (supposedly!) be all "oh wow, how does that happen?!!" If Oliver and BS have a kid, well don't many of us on this board would be. We don't have a huge amount of evidence she's an Olicity kid but it seems highly likely she's in the FFs. Then again MG's "shocks" weren't really that shocking for most of either but a future Olicity kid would be for most people watching. 

Edited by Featherhat
23 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Does anyone remember that JH video where she was really pumped up after meeting with Arrow writers? I thought it was for episode 4, but I see nothing in the description that would warrant such excitement. 

Maybe she's going to start working with the mysterious new Green Arrow? That's the only thing I can think considering the line about her in the synopsis indicates she's softening on going after her (or him, if our spec is wrong). 

11 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

True, anything's possible and we'd (supposedly!) be all "oh wow, how does that happen?!!"

Why even stop there? She's Oliver and BS' kid after Felicity dies at the end of s7. That's just as likely as her being Olicity's kid.

31 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I think the papps said she had some sort of big scene/fight scene in 704, so that might be it.

• Love 1

If Maya was Black Siren's kid, they could leave it a mystery as to the identity of the father (just to stir up the fandom) - and then we find out the father is Diaz!

As for JH's excitement, here's what I have...

-- On Aug. 2, 2018, JH tweeted video in which she said: "So I just left the Arrow offices. Can't tell you why yet. But unh - I'm so excited! Gah! I'm so excited. This season - not even joking - this season is going to be dope. It's going to be so dope!" (JH tweet, page 3 of Spoilers thread)

During 704 shooting:
-- On Aug. 17, 2018, JH posted video clip of herself with stunt people all training with bo staffs, with comment: "'Relentless consistency on the fundamentals is the pathway to mastery'. -Unknown #Arrow #StuntSquad #Season7 ????." (julianaharkavy instagram post, page 3 of Spoilers thread)
-- On Aug. 23, 2018, JH tweeted: "Just wrapped ep. 704 and while I can’t give any spoilers, I just want to say BRAVO to all involved, cast & crew alike. Y’all really brought it. ???????????????????????????????? #Arrow." (JH tweet, page 4 of Spoilers thread)

Edited by tv echo
56 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

If Oliver and BS have a kid,

I don't know why they'd want to alienate the audience they are writing toward.  It's not like a future Olicity daughter wouldn't be a surprise to meet when Felicity hasn't even been pregnant. 

Just from a storytelling standpoint, I don't see the strength of doing something like that a BS and GA kid when the writers have a way of taking the current show legacies and pay them forward.  It would be an odd choice to ignore the groundwork of years upon years just to do some rando swerve.  It's not like there's ever even been a love triangle or even a smidge of warmth toward BS. 

If they plan on exploring the next generation, sure everyone might toss in some kids.  But I don't see any storytelling advantage in not having an Olicity kid.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Featherhat said:

If Oliver and BS have a kid

If Oliver has a kid with the woman who worked for the man who killed William's mom, no wonder William has issues in the future.

Unlike MG, Beth doesn't seem like she wants to shock people for the sake of being shocked. I doubt shock value is what she's going for with the flashforwards. I think we're safe.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, bijoux said:

What are the grounds for this speculation, a soap opera stolen frozen sperm, turkey baster plot? Because BS hasn't stood close enough to Oliver to catch a cold.

I don't get it. 

First kid conceived when the characters are never even in the same frame! That would be a shock. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, bijoux said:

What are the grounds for this speculation, a soap opera stolen frozen sperm, turkey baster plot? Because BS hasn't stood close enough to Oliver to catch a cold.

I don't get it. 

There are no grounds. Just to cause general chaos like with "Felicity is going to die isnt she????"

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I don't get it. 

No grounds at all, just continuing on from Maya could be Thea/Roy's or BS's daughter (no father mentioned in the post). I don't think it's in any way likely at all just discussing it as part of a "twist". 

7 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

I don't think it's in any way likely at all just discussing it as part of a "twist". 

The twist would be that it's Olicity's kid would then still be more likely than all of those other options though, would you say?

8 minutes ago, way2interested said:

The twist would be that it's Olicity's kid would then still be more likely than all of those other options though, would you say?

Most likely. Especially as it would solve that baby/no baby nonsense that was going on. 

Sorry, I was the one who brought up the possibility of Maya being Black Siren's daughter - but only because there have been so many producer/cast comments about how many surprises there are going to be this season and that would be a huge surprise. However, I never thought that the father would ever be Oliver (unless maybe Maya is from Earth 2).

Edited by tv echo

Not sure how Maya being the daughter of an irrelevant character they barely know how to write for will be a surprise or a shocker to anyone. It would probably make ppl more annoyed and the last think you want is ppl not want to be invested in the flash forward storyline.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

So, KC said we'll be surprised by BS' backstory at LA Comic Con, and honestly, my first thought was, "something's not going to make sense given what we've seen so far." I really don't trust the writers when it comes to any LL on any Earth. 

My first thought was ‘ no one was more surprised then KC’. 

”What! Quentin wasn’t burned to death in front of her?!”

• Love 1

I feel like Oliver's first thought upon hearing "The Demon" was: "God, no. League flashbacks." I imagine that none of the characters can hear "demon" in any context without thinking "demon's head, heir to the demon," etc. Flip through the channels, TV show/movie about demons, they all flinch from the LoA flashbacks. 

• Love 3

KC’s responses reminded me of her answers from season 2 when she had no idea what the hell they were doing with her character and she was talking about stuff like “ Laurel’s got this” with regards to Olicity. These responses sound more aspirational. 

• Love 3