Type keyword(s) to search

S03. E12. Bonzo 2018.07.18

(edited)
1 hour ago, UNOSEZ said:

Do the writers hate bram??...  

Dispatch: You're being forced. We need you to come in.

Bram: When?

Dispatch: Now! 

The writers made him look stupid there. I am sure "forced" was covered in SCP orientation. 

The entire city is not safe but Bram thinks going to another house is safer than his own. And go to a guy who just sold out his own team. 

For all of Kynes' planning, he couldn't have built an underground tunnel system?

Kynes sends his location through a phone to the outliers. What made him so confident the IGA didn't confiscate a phone and watch his message?

In a previous episode, Kynes called Synder the crab pulling down the other crab trying to escape the bucket. Synder made that line true this episode. I'll laugh if Synder is eventually killed by the host he is so loyal to. 

Katie was so nervous for everyone and down for a good fight, she went straight to sleep. 

I think the note Bram tossed in the trash was Katie instructing him to push the tray of dishes in the washer and turn it on. She was in such a hurry to leave with Will she couldn't finish (the revolution could wait a minute for priorities)!?

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 2
(edited)

I thought the same thing about the tunnel system.

I'm at that point on my roller coaster of feelings for Snyder where I severely dislike him again. 

Looks like next season we get to see some alien action and hopefully find out what's what with them.  They're the reason for this whole fiasco.  I really hate having to wait another year! 

Edited by eskimo
typo
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, eskimo said:

Looks like next season we get to see some alien action and hopefully find out what's what with them.  They're the reason for this whole fiasco.  I really hate having to wait another year! 

IF it is renewed!!!  So far it has neither been renewed nor cancelled.  Please don't take My Beloved Josh Holloway away!!

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, MBayGal said:

IF it is renewed!!!  So far it has neither been renewed nor cancelled.  Please don't take My Beloved Josh Holloway away!!

Crap, I never even thought about that!  Thanks for ruining the rest of my summer.  Lol  ;)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, mxc90 said:

For all of Kynes' planning, he couldn't have built an underground tunnel system?

And let's turn on the lights and siren on the ambulance so we won't attract any attention, shall we?

Will still has his death wish, but I'm glad he laid waste to Snyder and Garland's henchmen. If you ever see him again, Will, don't get sappy next time.

I'm surprised Sgt. Barnes walked away from the interrogation.  I don't hold out any hope for the CP officers, either. You would think that the IGA would have location devices on all the CP personnel so that they wouldn't have to question the supervisors about who was where.  For that matter, why isn't every single household and communications device in Seattle bugged?

Any idea what was burned onto Kynes's arm?  And it sounds like the Boss Queen of one side or the other is already on Earth, but it takes one helluvan appointment to see her.  And, the IGA doesn't know she's there, I guess.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Any idea what was burned onto Kynes's arm? 

I wish I had the ability to show screen caps.

I think top part of his arm had "11h 47m" then there was coordinates in degrees, minutes and seconds. Maybe the time and place where the aliens will arrive.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

You would think that the IGA would have location devices on all the CP personnel so that they wouldn't have to question the supervisors about who was where.  For that matter, why isn't every single household and communications device in Seattle bugged?

Any idea what was burned onto Kynes's arm?  And it sounds like the Boss Queen of one side or the other is already on Earth, but it takes one helluvan appointment to see her.  And, the IGA doesn't know she's there, I guess.

I do believe that was what Kynes used the phones for. But then he turned off (destroyed?) all the servers in the previous episode and the IGA can't access the information.

I'm pretty sure the IGA doesn't know about the other alien, as well. Not sure she's the Boss Queen though. How could they have captured her if the enhanced outliers can't even handle or see her (assuming that was the same alien as the proving ground from previous ep)? Probably just a foot soldier. Or, given to Kynes by the hosts? One of the POWs, to help in training the enhanced outliers and/or creating new tech to  defeat them?

• Love 2
11 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Kynes sends his location through a phone to the outliers. What made him so confident the IGA didn't confiscate a phone and watch his message?

Because Kynes shut down the system, the IGA doesn't know who the Outliers are.  The IGA would have to anticipate that he would send a message to just that bunch, then get a phone from them.  In addition, it looks like the Outliers might be superior fighters to the IGA's soldiers.

I must admit that the addition of Wayne Brady didn't exactly make me enthusiastic about the show this season.  However, I'm really enjoying the show now (which is saying a lot considering that Charlie is dead and Bram is still alive). 

I don't blame Bram for taking Gracie.  Both of their parents were about to enter a firefight without so much as saying anything to either child.  That behavior has been one of the most consistent things on the show.  

• Love 4

The whole time the Outliers were heading towards Wayne Brady in the basement of 'Bonzo" (yes, I know it's weird that I know the name of the armory, but have a harder time with Wayne Brady's character's name...), I kept wondering why he and the other guy didn't just to wait for them by the doors.  The IGA didn't get there until after the Outliers did, so they could have gotten closer to the doors rather than requiring the Outliers to spend time going through the building to the basement.

Oh, and watching Katie sleep while the kids left helps me better understand why Carl was always wandering around without Lori knowing where he was (Walking Dead reference...).

• Love 6

Questions: when  Kynes viewed the video(?) of the pod soldiers getting killed by the invisible opponents, it looked like there was a figure looking at the 2 dead bodies.

1) Was there, or did I "miss see"??

2) Did that individual bear a resemblance to  "Her?"- the person Kynes went to see, (needing a face mask/respirator, by the way) and came out burned/branded and puking?

3) What are those thongs supposed to be? I know that I missed a few episodes, but damn this is fragmented storytelling.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Katie was so nervous for everyone and down for a good fight, she went straight to sleep. 

And she fell asleep in a chair when there was a perfectly good sofa right there.

1 hour ago, MDL said:

Questions: when  Kynes viewed the video(?) of the pod soldiers getting killed by the invisible opponents, it looked like there was a figure looking at the 2 dead bodies.

1) Was there, or did I "miss see"??

I saw the figure as well. I believe it was the same figure that was invisible and then became visible after the soldiers died that we saw last episode.

The two Public Safety Officers sure sold out Kynes fast. All they had to do was make one of them fall to his knees and they gave up the intel immediately.

I was afraid the Bram/Gracie storyline was headed this direction. I really don't want to watch Katie and/or Will have to chase them down.

I am excited to see some alien action. They really give it to us in dribs and drabs on this show.

17 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I wish I had the ability to show screen caps.

I think top part of his arm had "11h 47m" then there was coordinates in degrees, minutes and seconds. Maybe the time and place where the aliens will arrive.

From what I could make out, Kynes' arm had "11h 47m 44.3974s + 00° 48' 16.395" burned onto it.

I'm sorry, but no mother of a teenager is going to sleep through the front door opening 30 feet away from her.  Not in the real world and certainly not after everything the Bowmans have lived through.  She'd be instantly alert to the slightest noise in the house.  The writing is making Katie annoying again.  "I'm going with you!"  How many times do untrained, incompetent characters insist on tagging along on dangerous missions?  Thank goodness Will spelled it out for her that she'd be a liability.  Stay home and pout, Katie.  And ignore your kids while you're at it.

On 7/19/2018 at 4:19 AM, Dowel Jones said:

And it sounds like the Boss Queen of one side or the other is already on Earth, but it takes one helluvan appointment to see her. 

And conversing is via burns on the arm?  Ok then.  

Good question re is "she" the invisible alien who fought the outliers on the testing ground.

• Love 5

I actually think Bram may have put him and Gracie in a position to be thrown together with Snyder again. Which is interesting because weirdly I can see Gracie being the reason he finally flips on the IGA. Snyder even seemed to give a damn about Bram even if the feeling definitely isn't mutual. 

• Love 1

Apparently it's a UO around these parts but I'm really liking Wayne Brady in the Kynes role. He brings the kind of smooth swagger you usually don't see in tech head characters. I hope he survives the season (and that there will be a fourth season).

So Bram just went off and left his little sister at home by herself? What a d-bag. And then later he basically kidnapped her while Katie was sleeping her stress off? This kid.

Then Will decides he's going on a suicide mission. Oy, the Bowmans are one messed up family.

Why wouldn't they have put Kynes in some kind of protective gear or camouflage?

Please don't take My Beloved Josh Holloway away!!

Heh, the producers might have to back up a Brink's truck into JH's driveway. At this point I think it'd be dumb to kill Will off or recast him, especially if there's a fourth and final season.

• Love 2
On 19-7-2018 at 8:20 PM, DoubleUTeeEff said:

I was afraid the Bram/Gracie storyline was headed this direction. I really don't want to watch Katie and/or Will have to chase them down.

But why would they chase them down? They certainly don't seem to give a shit about their kids. Neither conveniently checked on Bram even though it would make sense that considering the situation and his job, he'd be called in or at the very least informed. So no one realized he was out. Katie went asleep in her chair, even though as someone pointed out there was a perfectly good sofa or, you know, her bed nearby. Then, she only checked on Gracie again, realized she was gone, bothered to check Bram's room and then stormed out of the house... um, how about checking the living room or kitchen to see if Bram left a note? You know, the same way Katie informed Bram she and Will were out earlier.

On 7/20/2018 at 1:25 AM, ottoDbusdriver said:

From what I could make out, Kynes' arm had "11h 47m 44.3974s + 00° 48' 16.395" burned onto it.

I don’t think it was burned. He had attached a silver-blue looking pen on his shirt before entering. I think he wrote the numbers using that pen.  

(edited)
6 hours ago, MJS said:

I don’t think it was burned. He had attached a silver-blue looking pen on his shirt before entering. I think he wrote the numbers using that pen.  

Ooooooh I missed that.  Will have to rewatch.

ETA:  Rewatched, and @MJS you are correct -- Kynes puts what looks like a silver sharpie in the holder on his left shoulder before he enters the chamber.
When Kynes leaves the chamber, the pen is gone -- and he rolls up his left sleeve to reveal the writing.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1
On 7/19/2018 at 12:49 PM, nasir jones said:

I don't blame Bram for taking Gracie.  Both of their parents were about to enter a firefight without so much as saying anything to either child.  That behavior has been one of the most consistent things on the show.  

I know. I keep wondering how both of them are just taking off, and leaving their little girl behind. Even their older son, although he can take care of himself, to a point. It bugged me when he left the house at first, too - unless the person above was right, and Katie didn't get to finish her note. 

Still, you'd think they'd have a rule about one parent being with them at all times, when the shit hits the fan.