Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E29: Ricochet

• Start Topic

This episode ... i cant. Also,  the whole proposal/almost wedding makes me want to jump off Kelly and Donna's balcony. But i didnt because yay Brandon will be gone soon!!

Side note - since i am watching the show from the beginning again on POP, I decided to also start the podcast over, and I forgot about all the mentions of boom mics in the shots - has that happened recently I cant remember -or did they end up getting a new boom mic guy lol 

• Love 3

Hasn't Brandon's cheating been pretty recent? I mean, I know this season lasted 576 episodes, but we're talking months, not years or decades. I've seen relationships regroup after affairs and it's never a straight-forward thing; there are ups and downs, zigs and zags. The forgiveness and rebuilding of trust is a process. The instinct to put a bandaid on the wound with a new house, new baby, marriage proposal, etc. is also not unheard of, though often very ill-advised.

Of course, that's all very serious, realistic and thoughtful and this show is none of the above and Brandon and Kelly clearly hate each other's guts so, yeah, they totally should break up and eat all the bees, per Sarah's instructions.

• Love 5
(edited)

This is episode 29?? How many episodes are in a 90210 season?? 

Also, those visual aids. Omg, the cup-holding plague pic made me realize that Noah has very similar spiky-shelf head and also that bowling shirt! I swear Brandon has worn a shirt very much like that before. 

Ugh, they should get married just so they can move away and bray happily ever after. As long as they bray where we can't see them, IDGAF! 

Edited by TimeyWimey52
  • Love 1

Seriously..  I have to state it again both of these proposals in this episode are awful.

Anyways.. yeah.. David sucks. He’s totally victim blaming and Val shouldn’t let a  random rapist die? What? That makes no sense. And yeah maybe she should talk to a professional.. for quite a few reasons, among those are that the people in her life, mainly you since she confides in you are not at all equipped to handle anything but let her decide when and/or if she wants to. 

Thinking about it, I do wonder if the wedding rush job was because Jason Priestly wanted out.

Think about it: Kelly is pretty much the only connection Brandon has to Los Angeles. With her gone, there's no one to keep him there. His family's gone, the people he was closest to in the gang (Andrea and Dylan) are also gone, David and Donna are Kelly's friends, he doesn't give a rat's ass about Noah, and he could take or leave Val. Yeah, there's Steve, but, come on, it's Steve. Nobody's gonna stay for Steve.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

High school physics was a while back, but it looked like that bullet ricocheted virtually straight back...

And Val is not responsible for anyone's death, that would be cancer! Jeebus.

Edited by helent
defense of Val
4 hours ago, helent said:

Nitpicking the D-plot is probably the definition of useless, but did they not check resumes before doing interviews?

That would be competent professionals..... these 2 doofi are not either of those

• Love 6

Remember when Dylan got robbed at gunpoint and went to get a gun - and couldn’t get it legally - and then couldn’t handle it and almost shot Brandon because he was intoxicated and paranoid? So now David is robbed, goes to get a gun, has to wait, takes Noah’s gun and shoots someone. It wasn’t that good a storyline the first time around, so repeating it is not really necessary. 

And talk about a bad weekend. You take a chance and try to hook up with and old friend you’ve always had a crush on, and you end up being shot by his stupid girlfriend’s stupid ex-boyfriend. Poor woman should try looking for a job instead  if she wants to get laid, it seems to work for other people! 

• Love 7
On 7/9/2018 at 9:32 AM, dariafan said:

Would David be able to pass a background check due to his bipolar diagnosis? Shouldn’t he be in jail for shooting someone ??

The bipolar diagnosis is not an issue in and of itself. There are plenty of people with bipolar and other mental health issues that aren't a danger to themselves or others and shouldn't be stigmatized that way. If you want to get super technical about it (and you probably don't, sorry), mental health stuff isn't covered by a routine background check, only unlawful activity. He did commit a number of crimes in service to his drug addiction, IIRC, and he stole a probably felonious amount of money from Donna, but it's not an issue because not a one of these jackholes has ever actually had to face consequences for their actions.

• Love 7
(edited)
16 hours ago, Kimmykun said:

Thinking about it, I do wonder if the wedding rush job was because Jason Priestly wanted out.

Think about it: Kelly is pretty much the only connection Brandon has to Los Angeles. With her gone, there's no one to keep him there. His family's gone, the people he was closest to in the gang (Andrea and Dylan) are also gone, David and Donna are Kelly's friends, he doesn't give a rat's ass about Noah, and he could take or leave Val. Yeah, there's Steve, but, come on, it's Steve. Nobody's gonna stay for Steve.

Aw,, poor Steve. But also true. 

Also it was hilarious to me that Val stayed like two more episodes after Brandon left and the show then realized she has no connection to these people at all anymore. Not that she ever really did even if she and Brandon were “family” or whatever. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Kimmykun said:

They probably had her stay longer so not to diminish Brandon's grand exit. 

Brandon's exit wasn't very grand, that was the funny thing.  He just drives off at the end.  I remember thinking even then I was hoping the car would explode like Jack's did.

It was odd that Dylan returned almost immediately after Val left though they were able to interact in the season finale.

• Love 3
On 7/11/2018 at 1:06 PM, CurlyATX said:

I always thought it was weird that Val left just minutes before Dylan returned.  

This disturbed me to no end. Seems like poor planning on the producers' part. It is the moment they truly turned their backs on their fans. They couldn't get one scene and goodbye makeout sesh between Val and Dylan, for old time's sake? It makes me wonder if they didn't want to spoil their "Kelly is Dylan's soulmate and he can't have any other normal relationships with any other women as long as she exists and vice versa even though they hate each other" theme they had going on.

• Love 3

David.  Oh David.  Why are you still on the show ?  THe person in the room when dead Scott    Shot himself.     Bipolar diagnosis that seems to have been forgotten.  He has been given more chances than anyone deserves

• Love 1

The writers expect us to believe that Gina would come on the show and not one of the guys would be interested in her ? After having just donna and Kelly to look at for years ? Granted David was interested in her later on but other than that , no ones head turned when she showed up. Because of course only donna and Kelly get drooled over time and time again . 

• Love 2
On 9/21/2018 at 2:54 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

The writers expect us to believe that Gina would come on the show and not one of the guys would be interested in her ? After having just donna and Kelly to look at for years ? Granted David was interested in her later on but other than that , no ones head turned when she showed up. Because of course only donna and Kelly get drooled over time and time again . 

Cause they were blondes? I don’t know. Vanessa Marcel and Tiffany Thessien are still both drop gorgeous women. Jennie Garth is very cute (still, her hair cut and styling were bad in these seasons) and Tori Spelling was not ugly by any means but was no beauty (although she was thin, white and blonde which carries a lot of weight in Southern California). 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/12/2018 at 2:51 PM, ZeroDiscipline said:

This disturbed me to no end. Seems like poor planning on the producers' part. It is the moment they truly turned their backs on their fans. They couldn't get one scene and goodbye makeout sesh between Val and Dylan, for old time's sake? It makes me wonder if they didn't want to spoil their "Kelly is Dylan's soulmate and he can't have any other normal relationships with any other women as long as she exists and vice versa even though they hate each other" theme they had going on.

Honestly I would have killed to see a Dylan/Val farewell makeout sesh. Dylan and Kelly made zero sense to me, and the fact that they were weirdly retconned into being an endgame pair was absolutely born of convenience and bad writing, as opposed to realistic, thoughtful character development seeing as how there was no one left from the OG cast to pair with either of them by the time LP returns. 

Dylan and Val on the other hand, had chemistry like crazy.

Edited by GrahamV
  • Love 1