Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Scream

• Start Topic

Judy Reyes showing how it is done. What a talented actress. I loved her physical transformation from the woman with her family to her life with the girls at the salon.

• Love 18

Yes...finally Judy Reyes gets to shine! I love the character so much and I loved seeing the Claws world from her view.  Shout out to the writers for absolutely nailing some of the older generation of Cubans attitude toward other immigrants. "I am an exile!" <RME> I loved the twist that everyone in Anne's family is gay. 

• Love 16
15 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

It just occurred to me that the whole relationship must have been Arlene setting up Quiet Ann

That's what it seemed like from the get-go. I cringed when she left that voicemail message admitting that she set her up to protect Desna. I also think Quiet Ann was delusional to think she could admit something like that and expect Arlene to entertain getting back together with her.  If you think you cost her her job, how could you not expect revenge, given the world they operate in?

• Love 15
17 minutes ago, AgentRXS said:

That's what it seemed like from the get-go. I cringed when she left that voicemail message admitting that she set her up to protect Desna. I also think Quiet Ann was delusional to think she could admit something like that and expect Arlene to entertain getting back together with her.  If you think you cost her her job, how could you not expect revenge, given the world they operate in?

Love makes people delusional. 

• Love 4

Such a good episode! Shit has seriously hit the fan, can’t wait for next week!

. . . Though I am just now remembering the Jen/Bryce duet, the one thing keeping this from being a perfect episode.

• Love 2

Did we know before now that Quiet Ann was a surfer?

If we ever see a scene with Dean giving a happy ending I am done with this show. Done.

So Desna is drinking the Zlata koolaid. Or whatever they call koolaid in Russian.

QA's brother is cute. You could fall into those dimples.

I love Sheryl Lee Ralph but that accent she's trying to do, not so much.

Poor Desna is going to be so heartbroken when she finally learns about Dr. Crime Lord.

Wow, QA cleans up nice. But her family are MAGA-ites? Yikes. And her entire family is gay? That's amazing. But, ugh, such hypocrites her parents are.

Lol at Roller playing the tambourine.

Poor QA is going to be even more heartbroken when she learns that her ex probably never stopped trying to take Desna's operation down. Only now the big fish is likely Zlata.

• Love 5
(edited)
12 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

Yes...finally Judy Reyes gets to shine! I love the character so much and I loved seeing the Claws world from her view.  Shout out to the writers for absolutely nailing some of the older generation of Cubans attitude toward other immigrants. "I am an exile!" <RME> I loved the twist that everyone in Anne's family is gay. 

Yes, I picked up on that also.  I took my husband on a quick cruise to Havana last month (he's always wanted to go there), and it's interesting seeing the city through the eyes of some of the people we met, particularly the younger generation who obviously weren't alive when the Revolution occurred.  Touring Old Havana was like taking a step back in time, with the old cars and husks of buildings that are in varying stages of decay but remain untouched.  What was also rather jarring was the State Dept. list of places that Americans are restricted from visiting or spending money because they are government owned or supported.  When we went through Immigration and Customs there, it was a grim experience, and we had to exchange our money for Cuban currency at the terminal and back again after our visit was completed.

Judy Reyes...WOW!  She was simply breathtaking last night in conveying the depth of Anne's increasing resentment and pain.  If I had her parents, I would take a toke everyday, and not for medicinal purposes either.  I would bet dollars to donuts that the whole adoption agency thing with Arlene was part of a set-up.  After all, it's what undercover cops do, i.e. gain the confidence of someone in an organization and cause that person to drop his or her guard, which makes it easier to infiltrate.  I just don't think there was ever any real plan in place for Anne and Arlene to adopt.  I'm afraid this isn't going to end well for neither Anne nor Desna.

It was great seeing Sheryl Lee Ralph again!  I know I'm aging myself but I remember her from the original Dreamgirls Broadway cast.  Such an excellent actress.  However, it was hilarious watching a woman of Jamaican descent trying to speak in a Haitian patois.  My Jamaican mother-in-law would have had a fit!  For some reason, many of the people from other Caribbean countries look down on Haitians.

All in all, last night was a very solid show.  The one fly in the ointment for me was the showrunners' insistence on trying to make Virginia happen.  I have a visceral reaction, ranging from wanting to throw something to cursing at the top of my lungs, every time that chick opens her stupid mouth.

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, Kuther2000 said:

So Arlene is still a cop? How long were QA and Arlene together in the show's timeline that they were talking about adopting and had even spoken with an agency?

I wonder if the adoption was even real. Was Arlene conning Ann for the whole relationship or did she turn on Ann once she realized that she had been set up? She is still a cop despite Ann thinking otherwise.

• Love 8
57 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

It was great seeing Sheryl Lee Ralph again!  I know I'm aging myself but I remember her from the original Dreamgirls Broadway cast.  Such an excellent actress.  However, it was hilarious watching a woman of Jamaican descent trying to speak in a Haitian patois.  My Jamaican mother-in-law would have had a fit!  For some reason, many of the people from other Caribbean countries look down on Haitians.

It might be a bit of a religious thing with the people in the Caribbean and Haitians I was in Trinidad after the earthquake in 2010 and the Jehovah's Witnesses were blaming it on voodoo.  I hope Quiet Ann doesn't have her heart broken over this I want her to get the family she so desperately wants.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

I wonder if the adoption was even real. Was Arlene conning Ann for the whole relationship or did she turn on Ann once she realized that she had been set up? She is still a cop despite Ann thinking otherwise.

I was wondering what strings Arlene pulled with DCF to get someone to make that call -she never stopped conning Ann. 

• Love 13

I feel like TPTB probably read message boards. I was one of those people who said that Quiet Ann and Polly were not utilized enough in season 1. So I don't think it's a coincidence that both women are now given past lives yet to unravel. Loved this Quiet Ann centered episode, and there's still her daughter Sophia somewhere out there to meet. She has a very cute brother too! Make that sexy dimpled man a series regular please! I'm also interested in learning more about Polly's relationship with alleged twin sister Lillian. Polly had a strange encounter with Marnie in which she called her Lillian. Wonder what that is about? Perhaps we should prepare ourselves now for Dean possibly giving someone a happy ending. This is an "ANYTHING GOES" kind of show, and I think we all know that by now.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Love makes people delusional. 

It occurs to me that this applies to Desna as well. She cannot see through her new love's bs. Desna isn't suspicious that those Haitian women that he and his mother are "helping" haven't said a word

• Love 12

While I loved the Quiet Ann episode I HATED the stupid AAA duet and the dumb assed  talkshow scene from the last episode. 

They ruined two episodes for me, especially this  great Quiet Ann focused one.

• Love 2

Desna isn't suspicious because she thinks she hit the jackpot by marrying a doctor, which gives her respectability in her mind.   So I won't feel sorry at all for her when she finds out about him and his "mother."  Also, even if the doctor was upstanding, she knows she isn't, so how long does she think she could keep him from knowing about her illegal doings?  She knows she's dealing with dangerous people, so wouldn't she be worried about his safety?    

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, AgentRXS said:

I didn't mind the AA montage, but it definitely went on a bit too long.

I'm tired of every damn show thinking they have to do a "Glee/Dances with The Stars" skit. It's getting old, so "3+ last year" and Claws is bringing up the rear. 

They both went on far too long. The awful gameshow and "Glee" AA duet took me right out of the show so much that I started 30 second fast forwarded through it the scenes till they were over.

They have changed things up in not a good way. Dean is different and not seeming true to me, the gameshow/AA stuff is out of place, and Polly's character has become too obnoxious and not in the fun  way (too much of a good thing).

I love that the show is over the top, I loved the way they did Quiet Ann's story this episode, but the first season was so much better than this one.

• Love 6

I'm curious to see where the story goes with Dr. Ken's arrest.  I haven't seen him doing anything that would break state law in the clinic.  He still has his DEA license and state license to practice medicine.  The amount of evidence that Arlene and her partner would have to have is enormous. 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

What is up with all these single ladies on TV wanting to adopt children, it is ruining my viewing pleasure. Claws, Supergirl, Elementary, a baby wouldn't improve any of these TV shows.

A baby can't save a show just like it can't save a marriage.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

What is up with all these single ladies on TV wanting to adopt children, it is ruining my viewing pleasure. Claws, Supergirl, Elementary, a baby wouldn't improve any of these TV shows.

39 minutes ago, Giselle said:

A baby can't save a show just like it can't save a marriage.

It's shocking, I know, but some women don't actually want a baby and are perfectly content with their lives. It's OK to have a character represent that demographic, Show(s).

• Love 5

The talkshow/debate last episode wasn't too good but I liked the duet.

On 7/2/2018 at 7:16 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

So Desna is drinking the Zlata koolaid. Or whatever they call koolaid in Russian.

Both Zlata and Clay are crazy, but Zlata is smart crazy and Clay is dumb crazy.  And Zlata treats Desna with a little dignity (for a crime boss).  I'm Team Zlata all the way.  So far so that if Clay wins, or worse, kills Zlata, I'm done.  I'm tired of his ugly ass.  (Roller and Bryce can stay though.)

• Love 2

I think Desna is fully aware of how crazy Zlata is, but she is also seeing that there is some method to the madness, and that the method may be valuable.  She is also being seduced by the money, which is kind of exactly how they suck you in, isn't it?  Give you enough of what motivates you that you start to normalize the lifestyle.  Exactly what Clay did to Bryce in season 1. 

• Love 6
(edited)

And Zlata treats Desna with a little dignity (for a crime boss).

Desna watched Zlata shoot her own family member point blank. Who knows what she'd do if she wanted to get Desna out of the business. Alive with less dignity beats dead with half your head blown off any day of the week in my book.

I suspect Quiet Ann's ex will be taking down Zlata eventually.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Desna watched Zlata shoot her own family member point blank. Who knows what she'd do if she wanted to get Desna out of the business. Alive with less dignity beats dead with half your head blown off any day of the week in my book.

I suspect Quiet Ann's ex will be taking down Zlata eventually.

Like Clay wouldn't kill Desna just because he woke up cranky -- I believe he threatened to kill her at least once last season..  Zlata always has a reason for her violence; Clay not so much.

I'm not seeing it as a Clay vs. Zlata situation. For Desna they're both bad options and she doesn't have much choice about which one to align with right now. But there's a saying about the devil you know.

• Love 1