Type keyword(s) to search

Big Brother Fantasy Game

• Start Topic

I think I got really lucky with my choices last year (almost made it to the finals but I was the last one standing with all four near the end) so I don't predict I'll do as well as I did last year. But still, I'm so in. Maybe I can luck out and pick a winner, or at least a houseguest in the F3. 

• Love 1

We have to make our picks before the premiere, right?  Damn, I want to play, but spoiling myself (even a little) is against my religion.  (Hey, just because I'm an atheist doesn't mean I get to live life shibboleth-free.)

Decisions, decisions…

• Love 1

I'll play. Is there a cast list yet?

Maybe there will be two returning players living in a separate house, such as Rachel and Paul, and they will be advisors to the house guests. The season is called House of Idols.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

I'll play. Is there a cast list yet?

Maybe there will be two returning players living in a separate house, such as Rachel and Paul, and they will be advisors to the house guests. The season is called House of Idols.

I think the cast release is Monday?

I gotta wait a couple of more days before I make a decision. Once I watch all the interviews, then I'll have a better idea of who to pick. This season is definitely a bit harder than last season for me, in terms of who I think actually has a chance of winning.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Machiabelly said:

I am in. Just like last time, these are on a 1 minute read through.

Nick, Nicole, Jack, Tommy

DE Sam

I called this guy Judd as soon as I saw his picture (sleeveless tee ==> wolf tee in my brain, apparently), so I love this pick!

Not making mine until I've heard them talk. I read the EW article at work, but can't watch the Jeff-terviews until I get home.

Yeah I need a little time, I missed a few of the interviews, and I haven't fully read all the bio's yet.  Wouldn't mind seeing Ika's interviews also, but not sure they'll be out before we have to pick.

2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I gotta wait a couple of more days before I make a decision. Once I watch all the interviews, then I'll have a better idea of who to pick. This season is definitely a bit harder than last season for me, in terms of who I think actually has a chance of winning.

Last season I read every interview, weighed every factor, and considered my choices carefully before making them - and stayed in the cellar most of the season.  😆  So this time around I’m going to see if my first off-the-cuff impressions do any better.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Who plans on tallying the points this season? I don't think @K-9 is around anymore.

I could probably do it, if nobody else wants to. 

I'm still debating on my draft choices. I think, once Ika's interviews start coming out today, I'll finalize a list.

Just now, Lady Calypso said:

I could probably do it, if nobody else wants to. 

I'm still debating on my draft choices. I think, once Ika's interviews start coming out today, I'll finalize a list.

I would be willing to help if you need it!

I think I'm gonna pick based solely on the Jeff interviews and I'm just gonna pick who I liked best and not even think about who will do well. So basically I'm guaranteed to do terribly because the people I like always suck at the game lol.

• LOL 1
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

That would be great!

So, with that being said, I think submissions for the Big Brother draft will be open until after the premiere. I want to give people enough time to pick their draft choices wisely. I'll have it recorded for now in a spreadsheet and....let's say June 27th at 12am EST/June 26th at 9pm PST? This will also allow for any premiere twists (such as a houseguest leaving during the premiere, for example) to be accounted for, so that someone doesn't lose right off the bat. Plus, sometimes, you get a better idea of a houseguest during the premiere. 

So, submissions will close right after the second night premiere on the West Coast (I'll allow up to an hour after that for delayed submissions). 

Again, I want to give everyone a fair chance to change their minds once the show starts. 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think I'm gonna pick based solely on the Jeff interviews and I'm just gonna pick who I liked best and not even think about who will do well. So basically I'm guaranteed to do terribly because the people I like always suck at the game lol.

Same, which is exactly what I did last year, and we know how that turned out. Much like reality show contestants, I never learn from my mistakes. #noragerts

• Love 1
On 6/18/2019 at 9:43 AM, Lady Calypso said:

submissions will close right after the second night premiere on the West Coast

Ha!  And just when I was about to make random picks based on nothing more than the commercials that aired during The Amazing Race last night. 

Now I have to watch the premiere and have an informed opinion?  Yoicks!

(J/K.  Thanks.)

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

Ha!  And just when I was about to make random picks based on nothing more than the commercials that aired during The Amazing Race last night. 

Now I have to watch the premiere and have an informed opinion?  Yoicks!

(J/K.  Thanks.)

I was about to make some picks myself but just based on finally watching Jeff and Ika's interviews, their show bios and various other social media stuff.  But I am definitely happy with waiting for the premiere first.  You really never know for sure what some of these people are going to be like.  A lot of times the ones I love initially I end up hating almost immediately, lol.   

Not sure about this being some sort of duo twist though, if you listened to RHAP's draft pick podcast it was made to sound like just pretty screwed up casting; but we'll see soon enough.  

Edited by LuvizBlind
My wonky board had a double quote. took a minute to figure out how to get rid of it.

I’ve never done this before, but I am in this year. So....can someone explain to me what this exactly is? Do I need to make sure my picks are different? And what’s the deal with the DE pick? I don’t think picking differently will be a problem, right now my picks would be their dogs. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

I’ve never done this before, but I am in this year. So....can someone explain to me what this exactly is? Do I need to make sure my picks are different? And what’s the deal with the DE pick? I don’t think picking differently will be a problem, right now my picks would be their dogs. 

Happy to have another player this year!! 🙂 The first two posts in this thread lay out all the details. It's kind of a lot (in a good way, Peach!), so I don't want to copy/paste. Give those a once over - click the page 1 box vs the thread name on the thread list. 

• Love 1
On 6/21/2019 at 12:41 AM, Katesus7 said:

Pick what ever 4 players you think will do well in comps and last a long time. 

DE pick is who you think will be the second person to go on double elimination day

Hey everyone! Happy Big Brother Day!

Reminder that you have until tomorrow night, after West Coast's airing of the second night premiere, to get in your picks for your fantasy draft! 

Now, time to throw in my choices:

Picks: Analyse, Christie, Sam, Tommy

DE: Nicole

Again, going with the two males, two females strategy like I did last year. I decided to basically go the opposite way of most people here and went with four people who I like enough but also think could go far (watch me be out early because of these choices, though). 

I ALMOST went with Nicole instead of Christie because I think Nicole could do well just because she already annoys the shit out of me in her Ika interview, but....decided that it's worth the loss to pick Christie instead, and hope that Nicole flames out. I also almost went with Ovi instead of Tommy but I like Tommy better.

• Love 2

I'll give this a whirl this year, but my first impressions are usually terrible. It's hard picking the ones I think will do well, vs. the ones I want to do well!

Picks: Nick, Tommy, Kathryn, Christie

DE: Jackson

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Nashville said:

Reckon I’m going to swap David for Tommy.

HG picks: Christie, Holly, Jessica, Tommy.

DE pick: Jack.

Okay, last change; after seeing the premiere, no way I’m carrying both sides of the Christie/Tommy pairing.  Switching Christie for Jackson.

FINAL HG picks: Holly, Jackson, Jessica, Tommy.

DE pick: Jack.

7 minutes ago, Nashville said:

I probably should’ve watched all the way to the END of the premiere before picking Jackson , but what the hell.  🤷‍♂️

Listen; you can change your choices as MANY times as you want....for the next 25 and a half hours.

I'm even highly considering switching out Christie for Bella.

On 6/25/2019 at 12:26 PM, CrazyDog said:

I'll give this a whirl this year, but my first impressions are usually terrible. It's hard picking the ones I think will do well, vs. the ones I want to do well!

Picks: Nick, Tommy, Kathryn, Christie

DE: Jackson

OK, after last night, changes need to be made, lol. 

New picks: Nick, Tommy, Holly, Christie.

DE: Jack

• Love 1
Just now, Dance4Life said:

I don’t know if it is too late...but, I want to play.

Don't worry! Picks for the fantasy draft don't close until right after the West Coast airing of the show tonight, so 12am EST/9pm BBT. So there are options to change right up until then. 

• Love 1

Ah....so, I think I'm gonna say "screw it" and go for the most random draft pick I could possibly go for. I'm not aiming to win here; I'm just aiming to have fun.

So, my new draft pick: Analyse, Sam, Cliff, Kemi

Swapped out Tommy for Cliff and Christie for Kemi. I'm just gonna enjoy myself and have some fun with these draft picks. 

So good luck to everyone else who has way better picks than I do (watch me change my mind once more before 12am).

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Ah....so, I think I'm gonna say "screw it" and go for the most random draft pick I could possibly go for. I'm not aiming to win here; I'm just aiming to have fun.

So, my new draft pick: Analyse, Sam, Cliff, Kemi

Swapped out Tommy for Cliff and Christie for Kemi. I'm just gonna enjoy myself and have some fun with these draft picks. 

So good luck to everyone else who has way better picks than I do (watch me change my mind once more before 12am).

Hahaha! I was thinking I'd do the same.  I've got my 'picks' and a list of 'crazy, random picks'.  I think I'll watch tonight's show and then decide.  But good luck to everyone!  It'll be fun no matter what.  

• Love 2