Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

The reason production had to throw this twist at them is staring them in the face right now.

Tyler is strolling to win.  Haliegh is making a valiant effort to try to trip him up but even with three powers, Tyler more than likely stays against anyone.  He will have people fighting to win the veto to save him.  He goes nowhere and Haliegh, the only one besides RS  who realizes what a threat he is, may end up in an even more precarious position.

Basically, this is production desperately hoping they can keep the house from settling into a slow steady roll towards a foregone conclusion.

• Love 5
Just now, Primal Slayer said:

Tyler is saying someone is weak for putting him up? The guy who has been working people left and right? 

Yeah, that part is dumb. He should be better than that. It's totally fine to be pissed at being fucked by such a bullshit twist, but come on, dude, be mad at the bullshit twist, not someone using it. 

1 minute ago, Sketcher said:

The reason production had to throw this twist at them is staring them in the face right now.

Tyler is strolling to win.  Haliegh is making a valiant effort to try to trip him up but even with three powers, Tyler more than likely stays against anyone.  He will have people fighting to win the veto to save him.  He goes nowhere and Haliegh, the only one besides RS  who realizes what a threat he is, may end up in an even more precarious position.

Basically, this is production desperately hoping they can keep the house from settling into a slow steady roll towards a foregone conclusion.

Jury is JUST starting. It is waaaay too soon to call the game for anyone. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Sketcher said:

If that's the reason, I'd ask them when have they given a shit about this before?

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
  • Love 7

Haleigh is swearing to Kaycee that she doesn't have the power.  She said she would never do that to Tyler or Angela.  She seems to be protesting just a little too much that she doesn't have it.

5 minutes ago, Sketcher said:

Eh I disagree. Crazy shit on BB happens all the time, without dumb twists. Ian won BB. Steve Moses won BB. Josh won BB. And they had people steamrolling ahead, making to the end, and still lost without production giving them THREE POWERS IN ONE WEEK. 

• Love 5

You know what would be funny...

Brett wins Vero and tells Tyler that he heard Kaycee might go up in his place so he doesn't feelright using it.

I know with Angela as HOH it isimpossible but it would make me laugh.

• Love 9

I'm not a Tyler fan/nor hater. He doesn't bother me, but I kind of love that this stupid twist may result in Tyler getting evicted. I have no doubt that they will find a way to get him back in the house if he is evicted.

I like Hayleigh, so I'm glad to see her make a big move. Is she protected from being nominated or can she go up if the veto is used?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Ceeg said:

Eh I disagree. Crazy shit on BB happens all the time, without dumb twists. Ian won BB. Steve Moses won BB. Josh won BB. And they had people steamrolling ahead, making to the end, and still lost without production giving them THREE POWERS IN ONE WEEK. 

Hell, think about it, it's really FOUR powers, right? 

Power 1: Take someone down from the block

Power 2: Put someone on the block

Power 3: Pick yourself or anyone of your choice to play Veto

Power 4: Nullify a vote.

And they're doing this AGAIN NEXT WEEK!!!

Just now, Jess14 said:

I'm not a Tyler fan/nor hater. He doesn't bother me, but I kind of love that this stupid twist may result in Tyler getting evicted. I have no doubt that they will find a way to get him back in the house if he is evicted.

I like Hayleigh, so I'm glad to see her make a big move. Is she protected from being nominated or can she go up if the veto is used?

She can go up. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Brian Cronin said:

Hell, think about it, it's really FOUR powers, right? 

Power 1: Take someone down from the block

Power 2: Put someone on the block

Power 3: Pick yourself or anyone of your choice to play Veto

Power 4: Nullify a vote.

And they're doing this AGAIN NEXT WEEK!!!

Just way too unbelievably powerful. 1 of those would have been enough. It's really mindblowing. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Jury is JUST starting. It is waaaay too soon to call the game for anyone. 

Really?  As they are all tripping over themselves to defend Tyler? Tyler who has a secret power?  Tyler who right now will probably not leave even if he's on the block and has a vote cancelled against him?

2 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

If that's the reason, I'd ask them since when have they given a shit about this before?

I would guess that they learned from their history and from the twists being warped by Paul last year.  Tyler has already weaponized the twists this year.  They are desperate for it to not become inevitable.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Just assume that if you see Haleigh on the feeds, she's just repeating "I swear it wasn't me".

So any value to her resume later on looks pretty insignificant then. Lame all the way around.

Just now, Sketcher said:

Really?  As they are all tripping over themselves to defend Tyler? Tyler who has a secret power?  Tyler who right now will probably not leave even if he's on the block and has a vote cancelled against him?

Yes, really. I mean, seriously, how could you actually believe that it IS a done deal this early? Jeff was sitting pretty as this point in BB13. Vanessa  had BB17 on lock until the last competition. Dan was controlling BB14. Amanda was sitting pretty at this point in BB15. It is way too soon to even REMOTELY call this as being similar to Derrick or Paul. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Sketcher said:

I would guess that they learned from their history and from the twists being warped by Paul last year.  Tyler has already weaponized the twists this year.  They are desperate for it to not become inevitable.

It's one of those things that makes sense on paper but when you think about who we're dealing with, I just cannot believe that this would be the time Grodner would care. If she cared about anything ruining a season, she wouldn't have done the plethora of things that have happened in the past.

I think it's far more likely that she's just an idiot who can't get out of her own way.

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
  • Love 8

I blame Kaitlyn. In fact, every stupid thing that happens the rest of the season, I’m going to blame on Kaitlyn not being able to complete a six piece puzzle. Because that will never not be funny to me.

And also, as much as she drove me up the wall, I miss her crazy ass.

• Love 20
1 minute ago, Katesus7 said:

I blame Kaitlyn. In fact, every stupid thing that happens the rest of the season, I’m going to blame on Kaitlyn not being able to complete a six piece puzzle. Because that will never not be funny to me.

Agreed on both points. Her being dumb on a puzzle helped fuck this season so much. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Haleigh: "Rockstar thinks it's Brett. But she always thinks it's Brett."

LOL forever.

Except Rockstar just told Bayleigh that she doesn't think it's Brett even though she likes to blame Brett for everything.  Gasp!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, zorak said:

Except Rockstar just told Bayleigh that she doesn't think it's Brett even though she likes to blame Brett for everything.  Gasp!

SHE'S ONLY SAYING THIS BECAUSE THEY'RE WORKING TOGETHER. SECRET FINAL TWO DEAL CONFIRMED.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

I miss her SO much. The season is still great without her, but she really brought an intangible element to the show. 

• Love 4

Rockstar was asking Bayleigh if it's the veto where prizes and punishments are handed out, if she should just take a money prize instead of trying to win the veto.  The camera cut away so I didn't hear her thoughts on that. 

• Love 2

I said it wrong...I don't think production is worried about who WINS, they are worried that there won't be an interesting storyline along the way.   One side constantly being blindsided due to their stupidity of trusting Tyler may be interesting to some, but it's not going to make for compelling television for the next 5 weeks.   With their beloved "showmances" gone, the possibility of an alternative girl alliance blown to pieces,  one power wasted, another rendered nearly useless, and the third sitting in Tyler's pocket,  they need something to craft stories around... other than Sam's crafting and Swaggy living with Bay's parents.

Kaitlyn leaving destroyed like 4 storylines all on her own.   Where do those come from now?

Edited by Sketcher
  • Love 8

Like I can imagine the person that gets put up feels really attacked at first- because of how big the power is. You get put up anonymously, then that person can throw up a another comp beast so you now have less odds of winning the Veto, and then if you can't win the Veto you now will get one of your potential votes cancelled.  That really sucks, basically you are just neutered. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

Just way too unbelievably powerful. 1 of those would have been enough. It's really mindblowing. 

Right?  Not to beat a dead horse, but I have to echo everyone else's posts that this twist is dumb, unnecessary, and way too powerful.  It almost reduces HOH to a mere safety contest.  And because being HOH means you can't vote to evict someone that week, in a way winning HOH this week and next week is a hindrance to you and your alliance.  Production just doesn't know how to leave well enough alone.

• Love 4

Haleigh really need to just stop. The whole house is going to know it's her if she keeps going around, starting conversations about who it could be while swearing up and down multiple times in two minutes that it's not her, she swears it's not her, no siree, not her.

• Love 3

I like Tyler, but I'm actually okay with this.  I really don't think he's going home and it's nice to see him sweat for once.   I wonder if he's regretting not pushing to get everyone to agree to let Sam take the power and nullify it.

In other news, JC has become an automatic feed switch for me.  I can't stand the way he talks to everyone like they're stupid and he's the only one who knows anything about everything.

• Love 9

I had to come back. I was reading Chris's twitter and boy he is beyond bitter. The dude was evicted in Week 2 and he still thinks he was the best player. Talk about delusional. Anyway, I’m hoping Tyler can get himself out of this jam. He’s so good at the game and I want to see more from him. 

• Love 2