Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

OK I might actually have someone to root for now. Rachel is slowly creeping up.

I think she said she wants Rockstar to stay now because "If by some miracle she wins HOH, she will take a shot at Brett"  Its smart gameplay

Edited by RagePaige
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Maybe it shouldn't be all that surprising, but Kaycee seems to really like and even thrive on being a part of a team. Even one on one, she's very much Tyler's teammate.  You can certainly argue she's not concerned enough about her own individual game to have a resume when she will need one down the road.  It's still early, and anything can happen. But I don't know if she will ever stand out enough. I'm not even sure she'll ever seriously try for HOH. I would love to be wrong.  But again, thinking about it, the football player likes the team aspect. Go figure. 

I didn't think about the team thing and you make a good point with that. But yea that makes me even more sure that she will never do anything in the game but help Tyler. I really like her as a person though and I enjoy her talks with people. It's too bad she's such a nothing game player.

7 minutes ago, RagePaige said:

I think she said she wants Rockstar to stay now because "If by some miracle she wins HOH, she will take a shot at Brett"  Its smart gameplay

Yea, exactly. I think Rachel is probably the smartest member of L5 outside of Tyler. In the (likely) event that L5 makes it deep together, I would like to see Rachel be the one to take Tyler out.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Neveragain said:

What does this mean?   White people dont care about slut shaming?  White people all think the same?  White people are not woke?  White people like to bitch?

I'm confused and concerned when I read statements like this.  Please explain this to me and why this is allowable to say

I think what you quoted was sarcasm,  I might be wrong

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, RagePaige said:
8 minutes ago, Neveragain said:

What does this mean?   White people dont care about slut shaming?  White people all think the same?  White people are not woke?  White people like to bitch?

I'm confused and concerned when I read statements like this.  Please explain this to me and why this is allowable to say

I think what you quoted was sarcasm,  I might be wrong

I appreciate your response.  Though I know it was sarcasm I'm just trying to point out the inherent racism in her "joke" and that it's just as offensive as saying it about any other demographic.  My question is why is that statement allowable?

33 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Maybe it shouldn't be all that surprising, but Kaycee seems to really like and even thrive on being a part of a team. Even one on one, she's very much Tyler's teammate.  You can certainly argue she's not concerned enough about her own individual game to have a resume when she will need one down the road.  It's still early, and anything can happen. But I don't know if she will ever stand out enough. I'm not even sure she'll ever seriously try for HOH. I would love to be wrong.  But again, thinking about it, the football player likes the team aspect. Go figure. 

Football players are highly competitive and want to win.  Kaycee will stab Tyler in the back when the numbers get low if they are both there.

10 minutes ago, Neveragain said:

I appreciate your response.  Though I know it was sarcasm I'm just trying to point out the inherent racism in her "joke" and that it's just as offensive as saying it about any other demographic.  My question is why is that statement allowable?

Oh come on.  It's totally a joke about Rockstar's "racism."  And a very funny one besides.

• Love 4

Walk my dogs and return to find Kaitlin tightly wrapped up in Tylers HN pod ( with him). Ugh. How could she possibly think any boyfriend would think this was okay . With all her intuitions, high sensitivities , awareness, etc can she not reverse the situation and sit in that feeling ? Her boyfriend, locked in a house with his arms wrapped around a cute young lady. She actually lacks a lot of empathy.

• Love 14
31 minutes ago, Neveragain said:

Wait -- to speak plainly, you're talking about making a joke about white people? It's not "just as offensive" as actual racist jokes. When a particular demographic has the socioeconomic advantage of a particular society, it's not bigoted to poke fun at it. I'm not shocked you would say that, because we're in an age in which people seriously believe misandry and "reverse racism" are real issues -- but it's always depressing to come across it. 

• Love 24

I think Sam is probably going through something right now, and the BB house just isn’t the place to deal with that. She mentioned that she drinks a lot and that her family was concerned about her being “pure” growing up. That combined with what seems to be a recent break up makes me wonder what happened for her to say what she did to Haleigh and Kaitlyn. Maybe she’s wanting to “warn” them about what could happen, so her intentions were maybe good (at least in her mind) but she did it in such a fucked up way. The older photos of her that are floating around show a different Sam IMO and I think she sees herself in Kaitlyn and Haleigh (she said she was a “sexual” person) and doesn’t want whatever she’s going through to happen to them. Still not sure about why she’s more concerned about the guys and her comment about “they can’t help themselves” but she’s probably a product of the way she was raised and hasn’t taken the time to learn anything different. I hope she’s able to learn eventually from this and apologize to Kaitlyn and Haleigh (and the house guests) but I doubt she will. I’m just so disappointed in her. 

Not excusing her behaviour because it’s really gross. 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, HighHopes said:

I think Sam is probably going through something right now, and the BB house just isn’t the place to deal with that....

I agree that she's probably going through a transitional period. She's only 27, after all! But her hometown clip, while obviously edited for the most positive spin, did kind of hint at some progressive atmosphere around her. She's probably trying to get from a place where she was too dependent on male approval, to one in which she's more empowered. But she hasn't quite gotten to A) Realizing that she doesn't have to go the modest route to understand her self worth, and B) Other women don't have to go on her journey. 

Long story short: I'm glad there wasn't any way for my internal dialogue while in my 20s to be on public display.

• Love 15
37 minutes ago, green said:
48 minutes ago, Neveragain said:

Oh come on.  It's totally a joke about Rockstar's "racism."  And a very funny one besides.

Wait hold up...I'm a very lazy feed watcher and didn't know this.  If rockstar is racist and the joke is about HER racism, then that's totally different. I thought the OP was stating her own feelings.  I'll delete my post 

4 minutes ago, Neveragain said:

Wait hold up...I'm a very lazy feed watcher and didn't know this.  If rockstar is racist and the joke is about HER racism, then that's totally different. I thought the OP was stating her own feelings.  I'll delete my post 

Yes the person posting was being sarcastic concerning Rockstar's views.  Its definately a reference to her

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Neveragain said:

If rockstar is racist and the joke is about HER racism, 

Rockstars "woke-ness"  screams subliminated racism.  And her reverse racism, about Brett being a WHITE MALE (gasp),  just confirms it.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:
55 minutes ago, Neveragain said:

Wait -- to speak plainly, you're talking about making a joke about white people? It's not "just as offensive" as actual racist jokes. When a particular demographic has the socioeconomic advantage of a particular society, it's not bigoted to poke fun at it. I'm not shocked you would say that, because we're in an age in which people seriously believe misandry and "reverse racism" are real issues -- but it's always depressing to come across it. 

I'm sorry but I disagree. We don't walk in each other's shoes so you have no idea what people are up against, yes, even white people. And yes I am including socioeconomically.   

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

I think Sam is probably going through something right now, and the BB house just isn’t the place to deal with that. She mentioned that she drinks a lot and that her family was concerned about her being “pure” growing up. That combined with what seems to be a recent break up makes me wonder what happened for her to say what she did to Haleigh and Kaitlyn. Maybe she’s wanting to “warn” them about what could happen, so her intentions were maybe good (at least in her mind) but she did it in such a fucked up way.

Sam did say that she only recently moved back home. Apparently she was living with a guy and her family didn't approve and it was a pretty wild relationship. And they broke up and she moved back home (all very recent) and then she got recruited for Big Brother. She also talked on the feeds about having a lesbian experience while with that boyfriend. 

But again, those hard knocks on life you'd think would make her more compassionate and have more empathy, not more Scarlet Letter judgmental.

• Love 5
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Neveragain said:

I'm sorry but I disagree. We don't walk in each other's shoes so you have no idea what people are up against, yes, even white people. And yes I am including socioeconomically.   

I'm sure the mods don't want us going around and around on this, but it would be odd to conflate the (misguided) idea that white people, as a demographic , are materially affected by bigotry; versus the obvious truth that white people can be poor. 

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 17

White people can be poor and have hard lives, no one is saying different. But they are not poor and they do not have hard lives due to the systematic oppression. You cannot be racist against white people because white people as a group are not oppressed. Reverse racism is simply not a thing. 

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, threebluestars said:

I am wondering if Sam's relationship ended because he cheated. She is so hyper aware of the other women and men, it makes me think she's had personal experience with that kind of betrayal very recently.

I think I read somewhere else that she cheated, but I’m not sure if that’s true or not. I was also just scanning updates, so I’m really not positive. 

So apparently Sam said this last night about Fessy:

10:27 PM Fri Jul 20 PTby BBTalking

Faysal up in HoH on sofa with Sam. Sam is telling him he's beautiful inside and out, then to the cam, "Ladies, this is a 100% grade A pure gold dude right here and if anybody hurts him I'm comin' for ya. And you saw I wouldn't let go of that tree, and I won't

let go of you by the hair on your head either, Lady. And anybody who's ever hurt him before, you just watch your back." 

So I think besides being jealous of Scottie, Sam's also jealous of the girls who have a relationship with Fessy.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, threebluestars said:

I am wondering if Sam's relationship ended because he cheated. She is so hyper aware of the other women and men, it makes me think she's had personal experience with that kind of betrayal very recently.

She mentioned that she grew up with very strict moral code laid on her by her mom.  I think that may be what is afoot. 

Feeds are back.  Faysal does appear to be one of those playing in the veto comp based on what has been said.  Not sure if his name was drawn or if it was Houseguest's Choice.

JC is playing, too.

Rachel is telling Faysal that she thinks it's best if he doesn't try to win it because it will get blood on his hands by him having to choose who to take off.

I wonder what would happen if Rockstar won veto and took Haleigh off. Would Sam put up Bayleigh, then? We know Sam's not putting up any of the guys, that's for sure! S6 think Sam will backdoor Brett, and that makes me laugh.

Also, I just found this and it made me laugh:

• Love 6
(edited)

Rockstar said in front of Kaitlyn, Haleigh, and Bayleigh that she wouldn't use the veto if Bayleigh was the only option to go up.

Edited by zorak
1 minute ago, Caseysgirl said:

Fezzie better hope he doesn’t win because he’ll have more than blood on his hands!

Fessy better win because that'll ensure Team Good Feeds....and Tyler will get a break from Kaitlyn as she cuddles next to Fessy in hopes that he'll use it on her. Then we'll have crazy Fessy saying "I'm so confused" for two days before he uses it on Haleigh in hopes that she'll finally fall for him. Then Rockstar gets put up and she blames her best friend, Brett!

• Love 18
14 hours ago, cork dork said:

“I have a feeling they’re gonna play one of Joe’s songs in the morning. You know, to pump me up for veto.”

It’s always about Chakra Con and everyone else is merely a prop on her stage. 

She’s the real life Rachel Berry(from “ Glee) except crazier.

• Love 4

Faysal:  "This is a hard spot to be in, Kaitlyn."

Kaitlyn:  "But you made a promise to me."

She's pissed that Haleigh picked him for Houseguest's Choice.

• Love 4

Has it been mentioned here yet that at certain angles Haleigh looks strikingly like a younger Keri Russell? Especially when she’s frowning or upset? At first I found her to be bland as hell but nowadays I’m finding her to be endearing.

I’m enjoying reading from hardcore feed watchers all the negatives about Sam. I see what some of those are getting at but still think she’s one of the most charismatic HGs this damn show has ever had. She’s a star and CBS will do everything it can to protect her. To me she’s the closest thing the US version has had to the UK BB’s Jade Goody, a “simple girl” from the proverbial sticks (Bermondsey) whose meteoric rise to fame was followed by a crash and burn thanks to racist bullying during a celebrity edition of BB. And then she died tragically young from cancer.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, zorak said:

Faysal:  "This is a hard spot to be in, Kaitlyn."

Kaitlyn:  "But you made a promise to me."

She's pissed that Haleigh picked him for Houseguest's Choice.

It's funny how she thinks she's owed something even though she betrayed the alliance and the reason why they're in their predicament in the first place (since Sam's power would have been used up and Sam may or may not be in the house at this point). 

I hope Fessy tells her to can it. I like how done he is with her already. Nobody likes Kaitlyn in that house anymore.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, TimWil said:

Has it been mentioned here yet that at certain angles Haleigh looks strikingly like a younger Keri Russell?

I know I said that awhile back.  I think all the whispering she and everyone else does reminds me of Keri Russell in Felicity.

From Joker’s:

Sat 11:23 AM PT Haleigh says if she gets a chance later in the game she'll backdoor Kaitlyn and say "Kaitlyn, I'm going to take a page out of your book and backdoor one of my friends. Take a seat." Rockstar adds that she'll wear a Swaggy C shirt.

Just an idle question here: why do you think HGs insist on living in the past?  Chris’ utility in the game ceased the moment he walked out the Front Door and said, “Hi, Julie”.  Is there some value in revenge play I’m missing? Or is it simply a flimsy premise to keep the remnants of the old alliance cohesive, while simultaneously providing a plausible common ground for targeting a former ally?  

Me, I’ve always considered revenge counterproductive - especially in a game like BB, where alliances are by necessity fluid in nature.

• Love 8
(edited)

My favorite part of this conversation was when she told him that they were each other’s #1, and how dare he not save his #1. Does he have eyes? Does he not see her spend 18 hours a day with Tyler? Luckily, he thinks he’s going to be a replacement nominee, so he’s probably motivated to win.

Edited by Katesus7
(edited)
23 minutes ago, zorak said:

Kaitlyn is getting pissy with Faysal.  She just made some vaguely threatening comment like, "If you take her off over me..."

I hope they find a way to rig it for Fessy to win. We need this. I have no idea what he will do except maybe freakout from the stress. The poor guy must have some thoughts that he would be better off if Kaitlyn got evicted. But the best way for him to try to ensure that (and he has no idea that the power will be used this week) is to not use the veto, so RS doesn't go up. But then he royally screws himself by pissing off both Kait and Haleigh.  

Please let Fessy win! Fun times!!

Edited by vb68
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, zorak said:

Haleigh says she'll be really pissed if she doesn't make it to Jury because she'll have to take a full schedule of classes.

I find the youthfulness inherent in this comment vaguely hilarious.  :)

• Love 11
53 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

So apparently Sam said this last night about Fessy:

So I think besides being jealous of Scottie, Sam's also jealous of the girls who have a relationship with Fessy.

I missed it on the feeds but caught it on BBAD and it wasn’t pretty. 

It seemed nothing could top Sam’s sales pitch about the guy that refuses to acknowledge being told no to his myriad questions involving the potential of a romantic relationship while also stating his refusal to accept no would make her (Haleigh’s) dad like him even more. 

And then Sam used this opportunity to snuggle up with the giant; head on shoulder, interlocked fingers, continued cooing and soft whispers of the giant’s desirability, snuggling.

I guess the rules of acceptable behaviour are different when no one else is around. My hope is the giant read into it and redirects his sights solely on Sam because that could get interesting. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, zorak said:

Haleigh says she'll be really pissed if she doesn't make it to Jury because she'll have to take a full schedule of classes.

Those pesky priorities...

• Love 3