Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, NailedIt said:

What was cooking?  I saw the flames.

No idea, but my first thought is if maybe Angela's coffee grounds from the veto competition were part of the cause. 

Also, I made a joke about the house burning down this season so they could get a new house, and it seems like Brett is trying to answer my wishes.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, NailedIt said:

What was cooking? 

Brett was apparently attempting to cook... something.

I saw the flames.

Because Brett is JUST THAT DAMN HOT.  :D

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, Sandycat said:

I saw him pouring maple syrup all over bacon before he put it in the oven 

Grease fire. No fun.  We candy our bacon in the smoker to prevent fires.

1 minute ago, Nashville said:

Upon reflection - anybody recall seeing fire extinguishers in the House?

I think storage has one,

Anyone who wants flashback of the moment it's 12:13 pm cam 3-4

At least brett was smart enough to look for an extinguisher immediately (which hopefully was under the sink because that's where he was looking)

Edited by gunderda
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Nashville said:

Whodafuck bakes BACON???

You can cook lots of bacon in the oven at once that way, however, if it's really fatty it can spark a fire. You can't walk away from it.

• Love 6

So depending on how bad the fire is, would they put the HGs out in the backyard? Even though it's closed?  Or would they put go out through the DR?

I have a feeling we're going to be at fish for awhile, damn it.  I want to see the house burn!

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Whodafuck bakes BACON???

Lots of people? It frees up the stovetop for all the other breakfast foods.

Only someone who's never washed dishes would pour maple syrup all over that though. I shudder at the thought of cleaning that pan.

• Love 12

Brett looked like he was going for something underneath the sink- my guess is a Fire Extinguisher. And now they are probably locked up in the HOH room while Production comes and sees the damage. LoL. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, vb68 said:

One small thing that gets a chuckle out of me with JC on the live shows is how he always sounds vaguely annoyed when Julie says hi when he's voting. He doesn't do the fakey "HI JUUUULIIIEE!!! "   It's more like a gruff  Hi.   You already said Hi to the group, and I'm annoyed. Let's just get this done.

I don't think he sounds annoyed. I think he's just not playing into the whole fakey thing. Says 'Hi.' Says who he's voting for, and he's outta there. I prefer it that way. That's the way it used to be. Not everybody shouting out to everyone they've ever known in their life.

Edited by mikewho
  • Love 9

Gawd! I forgot all about having to hear Haleigh and her annoying compliment for Julie this Thursday. She shouldn't be in that great of mood since Tyler is getting axed so may she'll dial it back a notch. Nah!

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Whodafuck bakes BACON???

Here is Mississippi a lot of people do that, not the maple syrup, but sticking bacon in the over. you can make a mega tray that way

7 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Gawd! I forgot all about having to hear Haleigh and her annoying compliment for Julie this Thursday. She shouldn't be in that great of mood since Tyler is getting axed so may she'll dial it back a notch. Nah!

Tyler is getting axed????

11 minutes ago, mikewho said:

I don't think he sounds annoyed. I think he's just not playing into the whole fakey thing. Says 'Hi.' Says who he's voting for, and he's outta there. I prefer it that way. That's the way it used to be. Not everybody shouting out to everyone they've ever known in their life.

Well, JC does do shout outs as he leaves the DR after voting, though. Last week’s was something like “America is the greatest country in the world!”

13 minutes ago, mikewho said:

Well, JC still does his shoutouts, but it's been to important causes, rather than his family or friends. 

Brett's the only one in the house that hasn't done some shoutout to anyone. I can't recall if Fessy has. 

2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Brett's the only one in the house that hasn't done some shoutout to anyone. I can't recall if Fessy has. 

Has Tyler? If he has it hasn't been an every week thing, I don't think.

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
Just now, Alice Mudgarden said:

Has Tyler? If he hasn't it hasn't been an every week thing, I don't think.

He did give a shoutout on his dad's birthday after voting out Kaitlyn. I know he hasn't done it often. Angela's only done it the last two weeks. It's not like everyone does it every week, but some people are worse than others. 

• Love 1
Just now, CrazyDog said:

Thank you, I'm at work and I'm afraid to stream the feeds here :) Doesn't stop me from posting though, lol.

I'm in the same boat. I skimmed it, but can't listen to the audio so I posted this more as reference for later...not that Reddit isn't fully supplied with plenty of videos of the fire.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, JC still does his shoutouts, but it's been to important causes, rather than his family or friends. 

I think Fessy has done a few 'love you's'

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

He did give a shoutout on his dad's birthday after voting out Kaitlyn. I know he hasn't done it often. Angela's only done it the last two weeks. It's not like everyone does it every week, but some people are worse than others. 

That would make sense. I get once in a while, but every week can be a little much. Though I do sort of enjoy JC's, since they're shout-outs that deviate from the norm.

Also, I totally tried to beat anyone who may quote me with the mistake in my post but you still got to it before the edit *shakes fist*

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
ugh. mistakes.
  • Love 1

Is Brett the only one we've seen consistently study the days?

I'm sure Tyler is but he's just not showing it. Fessy seems to think he knows the days but he's probably way off cause it's Fessy.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, feeds may be down for a bit. They may have to replace the entire oven. Brett doing the good work in slowly breaking down the house so they have to build a new one.

He's doing the work of the people. Haha. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, TheGapper said:

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 9.08.13 AM.png

So allow me to show off my late 80s/early 90s kid background. The kid beside Brett - he totally looks like a dollar store version of Zack Morris. A Rent-A-Zack. He even has a ridiculous sweater on!

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, TimWil said:

Well, JC does do shout outs as he leaves the DR after voting, though. Last week’s was something like “America is the greatest country in the world!”

Yeah, but as far as I recall, he just shouts it out as he's running outta there. I can deal with that. It's not an Oscar speech. Though I think they've been given a talking-to about that. A couple weeks ago, the shout-outs went on so long that when they came back from break, it was as if Julie said 'Just say what you have to say and GET OUT!' It made me laugh, that second part was done so fast. I think it was the week they THOUGHT they needed to leave time for Kaitlyn's embarrassment. Man, what a clusterfuck that week was.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

So allow me to show off my late 80s/early 90s kid background. The kid beside Brett - he totally looks like a dollar store version of Zack Morris. A Rent-A-Zack. He even has a ridiculous sweater on!

I shall now dub Not Brett "Preppy".

• Love 4
1 hour ago, lostmydamnmind said:

Lots of people? It frees up the stovetop for all the other breakfast foods.

Only someone who's never washed dishes would pour maple syrup all over that though. I shudder at the thought of cleaning that pan.

If Brett were smart he would've lined the baking pan with foil or waxed paper.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, urusai said:

If Brett were smart he would've lined the baking pan with foil or waxed paper.

Parchment paper. Never use waxed paper in the oven.

Parchment paper is so versatile and I cringe when I go to a friend's house and they don't have any. HOW DO YOU BAKE COOKIES? (Those silicone non-stick sheets for your pans always feel greasy, like you can never wash off the butter from them.)

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Parchment paper. Never use waxed paper in the oven.

Parchment paper is so versatile and I cringe when I go to a friend's house and they don't have any. HOW DO YOU BAKE COOKIES? (Those silicone non-stick sheets for your pans always feel greasy, like you can never wash off the butter from them.)

We bake them on the sheets and then curse at ourselves for not having parchment paper as we're trying to clean the damn things. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, gunderda said:

We bake them on the sheets and then curse at ourselves for not having parchment paper as we're trying to clean the damn things. 

Ha! The husband tried to make cookies once for me. He did them directly on the pan and now he's banned from ever touching my good baking sheets.

Feeds are back, house is still standing. Boo.

• Love 3

feeds are back

1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Ha! The husband tried to make cookies once for me. He did them directly on the pan and now he's banned from ever touching my good baking sheets.

Feeds are back, house is still standing. Boo.

I try to line as much shit as I can now... Casseroles.. lined with Foil... crockpot.. they have liners too. Making some chicken nuggets? The baking sheet gets lined with foil. 

• Love 4