Type keyword(s) to search

The Flash in the Media

Lisin
  • Start Topic

59 minutes ago, Trini said:

So according to this, all the regular cast except Jesse and Danielle Nicolet are attending Comic Con.

Tom’s appearance is now up in the air. Journalists who received round table information said that Tom isn’t on the list. Maybe he’s not coming or he’s just doing part of the day?

CW is also not bringing down all of the cast members from Riverdale, Arrow, or Lot. I think Supergirl is bringing the whole cast.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Kate45 said:

Tom’s appearance is now up in the air. Journalists who received round table information said that Tom isn’t on the list. Maybe he’s not coming or he’s just doing part of the day?

Last year (and most years?) Tom did pretty much everything that involved the whole cast, so it would be unusual for him to come all the way to San Diego and only do a select few things.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

Also, they should hire that photographer who did those EW portraits to do promo photos for the show. C'mon, what's it going to take to get new cast photos for your #1 show, CW/WB/DC?

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

Or this is just the names that will be at this specific interview. 

That’s possible, but still weird. As @Trini mentioned, Tom tends to attend the whole day. He’s the only actor who hasn’t stepped foot on set yet. Leanne gets her list well before the other journalists for the round tables get the list, so changes may have happened. We will know for sure on Saturday!

3 minutes ago, Kate45 said:

That’s possible, but still weird. As @Trini mentioned, Tom tends to attend the whole day. He’s the only actor who hasn’t stepped foot on set yet. Leanne gets her list well before the other journalists for the round tables get the list, so changes may have happened. We will know for sure on Saturday!

But this was for the ET interviews. Maybe he is filming late on Friday night. And might not make this specific interview. It is one of the first interviews right after Arrow. 

8 hours ago, Trini said:

Also, they should hire that photographer who did those EW portraits to do promo photos for the show. C'mon, what's it going to take to get new cast photos for your #1 show, CW/WB/DC?

That EW photoshoots were fantastically done, I’m still in awe. The thing that sucks about the network when it comes to promo pictures is that they don’t do cast photoshoots, I mean look at something like Agents of Shield or other big network shows, they almost always have new solo and group promo pictures. 

• Love 2

Candice was on the Fan Favorites panel and spoke about how much it means to her to have played a part in the increase of women of color getting more, and better, roles than before she was cast. She also said she loves journalism stories for Iris in part because it keeps her inside and away from Vancouver cold nights. 

35E7ED14-EED7-4EAB-8FA9-D6D0EFECAF3B.jpeg

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, scarynikki12 said:

Candice was on the Fan Favorites panel and spoke about how much it means to her to have played a part in the increase of women of color getting more, and better, roles than before she was cast. She also said she loves journalism stories for Iris in part because it keeps her inside and away from Vancouver cold nights.

Thanks for the info!

I've looked up some tweets. 

There's a lot more that was said than this (and already some videos floating around), but I'm just quickly posting some of the tweets
Edited by RedVitC
clarity
  • Love 8
(edited)

Nice that there was appreciation of Candice's work and acknowledgement of the racist hate and bullying that she has endured over the years.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

I do think the cast is loving having Eric as their showrunner. Last year Carlos sat next to the producers and was totally disengaged when not answering questions. This year he had the same seat and was having fun from start to finish. The whole cast was more engaged than last year. The show quality may not improve but, for now at least, the work environment looks to have improved significantly. 

• Love 6

Carlos does seem to be in a better mood this year, and seemed more positive about Cisco. So it gives me a tiny bit of hope for him this season, even though I still hate that they took away his powers.

And unlike previous years, Candice actually had talking points for Iris and her journalism career, so that's a big change; as well as compliments for the showrunner.

• Love 2

I still don't like Candice's outfit, but her legs look amazing. I don't think I ever was able to walk in heels that high.

What is up with Grant's shirt? That was not a good idea.

I hope that you all are right about the indications that there are good things ahead for Cisco.

3 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

Every year at SDCC Grant looks like just rolled out of bed. At least this year I was amused because Barry was the name on his uniform shirt.

It always annoys me that the women are always dressed up, while the men are in tees. At least Carlos made an effort this year.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Trini said:

It always annoys me that the women are always dressed up, while the men are in tees. At least Carlos made an effort this year.

In the last couple of years some women had started dressing down a little, wearing pants or jeans. But this year all the women were back in dresses. I swear there must be a dress code.

I love that TV Insider picture of Grant and Candice. They just seem so relaxed.

I actually like Grant's rolled-out-of-bed look. Not sure about Candice's dress from the party ( and I hate the shoes ) but I like her look at the actual con.

The new showrunner seems so passionate and enthusiastic about what he's doing I bet it rubs off the cast. Last year I could tell Helbing didn't care about the story and was going through the motions by trying to hit certain plot points. I also suspect he was appealing to certain sections of the fandom but that's just me. I think a showrunner's energy or lack thereof has an impact on the writers room and cast's morale. Happy showrunner. Happy writers and cast. Happy fandom.

• Love 2