Type keyword(s) to search

The Flash in the Media

Lisin
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Trini said:

TVLine's Fall Preview article has the first official photo of the new Flash suit with the cowl! (Will put the other plot info in the spoiler thread)

flash-season-6-preview-photo.jpg?w=620

It looks good! I like the tweaks they've made to the suit, and the cowl is decent again.

The cowl and gold trim looks good and I think that they tweaked the ear piece also, but the material is still ugh.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Trini said:

TVLine's Fall Preview article has the first official photo of the new Flash suit with the cowl! (Will put the other plot info in the spoiler thread)

flash-season-6-preview-photo.jpg?w=620

It looks good! I like the tweaks they've made to the suit, and the cowl is decent again.

I can't say enough how much GG's face needs that cowl. It just takes the aesthetic of the suit to higher levels; it's not easy to make a onesie look good. Even Stephen Amell couldn't pull it off.  So happy it's back! S6 is already miles ahead of S5 with just this change alone!

Edited by adora721
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

The cowl and gold trim looks good and I think that they tweaked the ear piece also, but the material is still ugh.

The ear pieces are definitely different. Before they were lightning bolts, now they're the stylized 'wing' shape that is the current comic look.

Carlos is so funny at cons! Full FanX panel:

---

- Mentions that he working on another project (probably music?)
- Another musical episode was a definite 'no', but says maybe possible with the new showrunner.
- Compliments new showrunner Eric Wallace.
- Talks about his audition for Flash.
- Says Season 6 Cisco is happy without his powers.
- Talks a little about filming a recent episode where he had to do a lot; says the show is getting more "real" and mature this season. (This is the closest he got to saying anything semi-spoiler-y)
- The Vibe suit is easy and comfortable.
- Likes working with Candice, but Cisco and Iris can't always have as many scenes as fans want.
- A new super suit on The Flash is his favorite.
... and lots of other non-Flash comments.

Edited by Trini
dropped word
  • Love 1

The Saturn Awards ceremony is this Friday, live-streaming on several websites:

Actor and director Aisha Tyler will host the 45th annual Saturn Awards at the historic Avalon Theater in Hollywood this Friday the 13th of September, Screen Rant can exclusively report.

For the first time ever, this years Saturn Awards show will be broadcast live in a simulcast across Cinedigm, Nerdist, the new launched Pluto TV Sci-Fi Channel, Shout Factory TV, Twitch, WatchMojo.com, and via YouTube on the Saturn Awards channel making the new and revitalized ceremony available to millions of fans across the world.

The Saturn Awards will air live across these platforms on Friday the 13th of September at 9:00pm ET/6:00pm PT.

https://screenrant.com/aisha-tyler-host-45th-saturn-awards-2019/

The Flash has 3 nominations. No one from the show is on the list of people scheduled to attend, though.

• Useful 1

Interview with Danny Trejo (Breacher):

You recently played the DC character Breacher on The Flash.

Yeah! The Flash! That is so much fun. They are so cool. Anytime you walk into a sitcom, everybody is family and look at me like an outsider. But they [The Flash] pull you in and all of a sudden you’re just family. They make you family. I’ll be doing The Flash more. TV is great, but it’s an everyday job.

There’s a big crossover coming soon, “Crisis on Infinite Earths.” Will you be a part of it?

If they call me, I’m there.

I'm not sure that this is him saying he is coming back, but that he wants to come back. In any case, I think it'd be weird to have him back without Cynthia, and with Vibe "dead" - although i do like the character.

Edited by Trini

Season 6 poster is out!

EEJJpUkVUAAtgEn.jpg

-------

So are all the shows getting posters with the all* of the cast this year?

*Poor Joe and Cecile. And Tom Cavanagh. They really just left off all the veteran ("old") actors.

Anyway, I think this is the first poster for Ralph? And I think this is fourth for Iris.

This is nitpicking, but I think a three-quarter shot for Barry would have looked better.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Trini said:

Season 6 poster is out!

EEJJpUkVUAAtgEn.jpg

-------

*Poor Joe and Cecile. And Tom Cavanagh. They really just left off all the veteran ("old") actors.

Anyway, I think this is the first poster for Ralph? And I think this is fourth for Iris.

This is nitpicking, but I think a three-quarter shot for Barry would have looked better.

so-beautiful.gif

I pray that Arrows is as good and not another boring solo shot.

• Love 1

Season 6 teaser promo:

---

Wow, they've got Grant crying already. They're really just diving into Crisis right away, huh?

Spoiler

I think some of those scenes are from episode 6.02, since Nora Allen is there, and I assume we'll see Henry Allen at the same time, and JW Shipp said he filmed for episode 2.

• Love 2
On 9/11/2019 at 5:53 PM, Primal Slayer said:
On 9/11/2019 at 12:34 PM, Trini said:

Season 6 poster is out!

EEJJpUkVUAAtgEn.jpg

-------

so-beautiful.gif

I pray that Arrows is as good and not another boring solo shot.

With the other recent posters CW has put out, I'm thinking they have a new art director/graphic designer. Let's see how the Crisis posters turn out....

• Love 1

A couple of articles about Candice Patton wearing her hair naturally curly:

'Why Iris West Rocking Natural Curls on The Flash Makes Me Emotional'

The curls matter because they’re a sign of care both behind the screen and in front. They matter because women of color and other marginalized actors need to know that their team will support them and understand that this is part of them making the character feel more real to them. To me, this shows that an actress that I really care about and respect is being heard, and that matters.

'Why Iris West Sporting Her Natural Hair is Groundbreaking for Black Women'

You may wonder why Patton wearing her natural hair for an episode is a big deal. It’s just a hairstyle after all. But to black women, it’s that and more: it’s a commemoration of our natural beauty and heritage, which is often ignored or watered-down in mainstream media.

The cultural significance surrounding black hair and its diversity is huge. Sure, the celebration of natural black hair doesn’t have to be a political statement, but in Patton’s case, it’s both a celebration and a conversation about the need for diversity behind the camera. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

From TV Insider's Fall preview:

The Flash

Tuesday, October 8, 8/7c, The CW

This winter's looming Arrowverse crossover, kicking off December 8, will have "a huge influence on" the first half of Flash's Season 6, says exec producer Eric Wallace, hinting that speedster Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) will "confront some very deep personal issues that he hasn't had to before." Among them: grief over the evaporation of daughter Nora (Jessica Parker Kennedy).

https://www.tvinsider.com/gallery/returning-tv-shows-fall-2019-network-preview/#7

Not sure if this belongs here, so mods can move it if it doesn't. Candice tweeted about Michelle Williams' Emmy speech. I'm not sure if CP's tweet was a rebuke against previous showrunners or just a compliment for Michelle and Eric  W.

Edited by adora721
  • Love 2

Quote from Grant from Variety article about the benefit concert he was in this past weekend:

Although Wood revealed that he and Benoist didn’t know what song they were singing together ahead of the concert, they went on to fittingly (and flawlessly) sing Irving Berlin’s “Old Fashioned Wedding” as if they had practiced together for months and the Supergirl star also kicked off the show with a solo performance of Carole King’s “Beautiful”.

Before the event began, their good friend Gustin, who performed “Running Home to You” from his TV show “The Flash”, told reporters the couple’s wedding was “amazing” and that he saw the duo’s coupledom first spark during a special episode of their shows. “When we were shooting our musical episode, we all realized that they liked each other,” he said.

As Rudetsky and Wesley kicked off their third Concert for America, they revealed that “Flash” producer Greg Berlanti and his husband Robbie Rogers funded and underwrote the entire event so that every dollar raised could go directly to the National Immigration Law Center.

https://variety.com/2019/scene/news/supergirl-melissa-benoist-chris-wood-greg-berlanti-concert-for-america-1203346959/

Edited by Trini

Just wanted to make sure this was also posted here; great interview with Eric Wallace previewing Season 6.

6 hours ago, RedVitC said:

Interview with Eric. So much information here. Some interesting things about Barry and Iris, Iris' journalism, Crisis On Infinite Earths, The Flash in general, and more

• Love 1

An extended trailer will be out tomorrow. Wasn't really expecting one until next week since the main reason it has probably been delayed is the visual effects work. CW has titled it, "Love is Power". 💜

Edited by Trini
On 10/1/2019 at 4:43 AM, Trini said:

Just wanted to make sure this was also posted here; great interview with Eric Wallace previewing Season 6.

I saw this a couple of days ago.  It's a MUST listen interview.  Seriously.  Not only because he really seems to have looked at previous seasons for what went wrong with pacing and structure and it being formulaic, but he also talks a lot about Iris and Barry and Iris and driving story from their pov and to grow them.

It's a great interview.

He's really rebirthing this show.

• Love 4

HPA nomination for The Flash for the visual effects in "King Shark vs. Gorilla Grodd".

The Hollywood Professional Association announced the nominees for the 14th annual HPA Awards, which recognizes achievement in color grading, editing, sound and visual effects.

The HPA Awards will be presented Nov. 21 at the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles.

Outstanding Visual Effects – Episodic (Over 13 Episodes)

Hawaii Five-O – "Ke iho mai nei ko luna”

9-1-1 – "7.1”

Star Trek: Discovery – "Such Sweet Sorrow Part 2”

The Flash – "King Shark vs. Gorilla Grodd”
- Armen V. Kevorkian, Joshua Spivack, Andranik Taranyan, Shirak Agresta, Jason Shulman // Encore VFX

The Orville – "Identity: Part II”

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

Oh man, this is going to be the (half?)season of tears. Extended trailer:

The trailers are always great, I hope the actual episodes are too.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2

Quotes from Eric Wallace at EW, previewing character arcs for Barry, Iris, Killer Frost and Cisco:

“Sometimes what can happen as you get to later seasons of a show is we can kind of forget to find new sides of the characters that we love so much,” Wallace tells EW. “One of the goals of season 6 would be to show some new sides of the characters that we love.”

4 hours ago, Trini said:

Love all the fans openly asking about Iris & Barry getting a lovescene.  The fact that we have to ask is ridiculous.  They shouldve had one already.  They showed Alex and Sarah getting it on more in the crossover (at 8pm) than we've ever seen with Iris/Barry.

• Love 3