Type keyword(s) to search

The Flash in the Media

Lisin
  • Start Topic

'The Cast Helps Us Break Down the Big Twists in #TheFlash100'

And those complications might show up a lot sooner than we think, especially with Thawn on the horizon. Unlike previous seasons of The Flash, which showcased a single big bad all season, season five sounds like it will have a different structure, according to showrunner Todd Helbing: “This year, we really tried to do a sort of first-second-third act. So Cicada is the first act; there’s going to be something else that you don’t know about that’s going to happen; then you’ll see how Thawn ties into everything.”

I’m sure it will be stressful, but it will also be entertaining as hell to see the Man in the Yellow Suit back in the mix. Thawn is (perhaps literally, if you were paying close attention) the gum on Barry Allen’s shoe that he just can’t shake. “He is the thorn in his side,” said Helbing. “He is the guy that Barry will never be able to get rid of.” Helbing also shared, “Thawn for me, personally, is my favorite villain, and a lot of that has to do with Tom.”

'The Flash Timeline Explained: How Eobard Thawne is in the Future with Nora' -- THis actually does not explain the how Thawne is in the future with Nora, but it does break down his appearances in the show (and Legends) so far; plus a quote from Helbing:

Flash fans may be rightfully wondering how Thawne can still be alive in the future after we've seen him die on more than one occasion. The short answer is because time travel. The long answer? Well, that's a bit more complicated.

"He is [basically unkillable] and we’ll explain that this year for the first time - how he’s able to do that... how he’s still alive," showrunner Todd Helbing told IGN on the red carpet for the show's 100th episode. "I think fans are gonna dig it."

'18 Female TV Characters We Were Obsessed With in 2018'

Nora West-Allen (Jessica Parker Kennedy) - The Flash

When it comes to TV characters, there’s no denying that Nora West-Allen has won the genetics lottery. Not only did she race onto our screens in The Flash with her dad’s signature speed and bubbly personality, she also inherited her mother’s gorgeous looks, passion and purple lightning. 

The Flash's fifth season isn't done bringing the drama -- or the shocking revelations from the future -- but for now, we love that Nora is a perfect blend of her two super-powered parents and a fun addition to the S.T.A.R. Labs team. Overall, we think she's pretty damn "schway." -- Leanne Aguilera

1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

That's very surprising. Id expect Tom Cavangh to be there 100%. Going to assume he at least had scheduling issues.

There was an interview where Grant said Tom C. was supposed to be officiating; so he should have been there.

4 hours ago, Trini said:

There was an interview where Grant said Tom C. was supposed to be officiating; so he should have been there.

It could be that he did and it simply wasn't mentioned in any of the post-wedding articles I've been looking through. There aren't many pictures up either. I'm sure some more news of his wedding will continue to come as more photos pop up, but since Grant seems to be a quieter person in general, there may not be a whole bunch. 

2 hours ago, Proteus said:

Did his wedding conflict with Katie Cassidy's?

No, not really. Katie's was a week before Grant's. It's possible that a couple of cast members were at Grant's, or it could be that he's not that close with most of them and only chose to invite certain friends outside of work....or yeah, some people may have not been able to make it. Katie only had Caity Lotz and Danielle Panabaker out of the Arrowverse cast members.

Of course things can change but I would figure since DP invited half of The Flash cast to her wedding including Grant that she would be at his. I know he is a private person but was surprised to see him wait an entire week to finally post a pic. 

On 12/21/2018 at 6:17 PM, Lady Calypso said:

It could be that he did and it simply wasn't mentioned in any of the post-wedding articles I've been looking through. There aren't many pictures up either. I'm sure some more news of his wedding will continue to come as more photos pop up, but since Grant seems to be a quieter person in general, there may not be a whole bunch. 

They seem to have made an effort to keep things low key and private, so I think the only info we may get is what individual guests share on social media, etc. Which is fine by me; I don't need all the details, though I'm curious.

Also I think the show was filming this weekend? At least Candice was on set Monday.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Trini said:

They seem to have made an effort to keep things low key and private, so I think the only info we may get is what individual guests share on social media, etc. Which is fine by me; I don't need all the details, though I'm curious.

Also I think the show was filming this weekend? At least Candice was on set Monday.

Rick Gonzalez posted that he and his wife were at the wedding and that TC did infact officiate the wedding.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ruby24 said:

He seems to have had the last two weeks off, on top of the two week hiatus now starting. That's quite an accommodation. Guessing he was written out of episodes 13-14.

They couldn't even write him out of the one episode where it made sense to write him out (4.01), so I doubt Barry will be missing for those. It is nice that they accommodated time off for his wedding. I'm guessing he negotiated that about a year ago; or at least before Season 4 wrapped filming.

Edited by Trini
2 hours ago, ruby24 said:

I heard that Candice was the only cast member who didn't go. Quite a statement if true.

I've heard nothing of the sort. There has been very little information about his wedding to begin with, so I would take this with a grain of salt. I haven't heard anyone else attending his wedding (like Carlos or Danielle or Jesse, for example). 

1 hour ago, ruby24 said:

I don't know, I think that's pretty generous. He could have easily done it on hiatus.

Is it generous? Of course, but most jobs allow this type of accommodation if they can afford to. With Grant, even though he is the star, there are workarounds for his absence. They likely filmed a lot of his scenes before he took his vacation. Melissa Benoist from Supergirl had other obligations when they started filming this current season of her show, and she was still pretty much present in those first few episodes; they just utilized the rest of the cast more. I wouldn't be surprised if similar accommodations were done here. I doubt much will be changed in these couple of episodes. 

I mean, The Flash also accommodated for Jesse's back injury, something not even planned. Over on Legends of Tomorrow, Nick Zano had a major life change with his newborn daughter almost dying and the show worked around his absence and changed his character's role to accommodate so that he wouldn't have to leave the show. These are just examples that there are always workarounds, and Grant's workaround was only for two weeks. If he had been really sick, for example, that would have been a last minute workaround that would have inconvenienced the show. Him asking for a couple of weeks off in December is more than doable, and he obviously would have let them know months ago. Who knows? Maybe one of those episodes will be Nora-centric? Seeing her life in the future would definitely not require Barry at all. 

I just think Grant asking for some time off to get married isn't a big deal at all. If they can do it on other shows, they can do it with Grant on The Flash. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Emergencies are a different situation, as well as other work obligations. This was elective. And it could have been done on hiatus, like I said.

And maybe the venue that Grant and LA had their wedding at wasn't available for these last two weeks of December? It's quite possible it was already booked up. The busiest times for weddings are either the summer or during breaks such as around Christmas. I knew a couple who had to book their venue over a year in advance, so they had to before they were even officially engaged.

• Love 2

A wedding is a big big big deal in someone's life and it's a once in a lifetime event (one hopes! I'm a romantic!). Most people have certain notions and dreams they want for their wedding so I think asking for time off is perfectly reasonable. Nice they accommodated him. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ruby24 said:

Emergencies are a different situation, as well as other work obligations. This was elective. And it could have been done on hiatus, like I said.

I get what you are saying and you are right that those other situations are not like Grant. Those are situation that people had to deal with, not because they elected to be absent/unavailable, unlike Grants. But those situations would have been harder for them to work around because it would have been short notice and unexpected, unlike Giant's situation. 

If I'm not mistaken Grant have been engaged for at least year, so he would have given them plenty of time to find a way to give him two weeks off. It's generous of them to have agree and I think It's great they were able to give him this . 

• Love 1

I just visited The Flash's Twitter by accident. Wow, it is a battleground for WestAllen and SnowBarry fans. It is always like that? Don't they remove those comments? Are all shows' social media like this? 

I have been advocating for more John Wesley Shipp so I hope that we get more Jay Garrick from Earth 3 or Barry Allen from Earth 90.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I just visited The Flash's Twitter by accident. Wow, it is a battleground for WestAllen and SnowBarry fans. It is always like that? Don't they remove those comments? Are all shows' social media like this? 

I have been advocating for more John Wesley Shipp so I hope that we get more Jay Garrick from Earth 3 or Barry Allen from Earth 90.

No they don't. That's evidence by the fact that trolls are allowed to keep commenting nasty things about Iris/Candice under the tweets. 

On 12/31/2018 at 5:17 AM, SimoneS said:

I just visited The Flash's Twitter by accident.

Are you talking about @CW_Flash or the Flash hashtag?

I made the mistake of engaging with some fans who hate Iris and Candice Patton; there's no speaking logic to them. No matter how many verifiable and subjective facts I gave them regarding CP's status as female lead, her Saturn award, Iris' importance to Barry (said by Barry himself), they insisted I was lying, that CP was somehow my "mom", my account was fake, then they added personal insults and bullying tactics, etc. It was beyond insane because you can't even agree to disagree since they don't live in reality or deal with evidence, only their own made up beliefs. I disengaged over the holiday break just for my sanity's sake.

Edited by adora721
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, adora721 said:

Are you talking about @CW_Flash or the Flash hashtag?

I made the mistake of engaging with some fans who hate Iris and Candice Patton; there's no speaking logic to them. No matter how many verifiable and subjective facts I gave them regarding CP's status as female lead, her Saturn award, Iris' importance to Barry (said by Barry himself), they insisted I was lying, that CP was somehow my "mom", my account was fake, then they added personal insults and bullying tactics, etc. It was beyond insane because you can't even agree to disagree since they don't live in reality or deal with evidence only their own made up beliefs. I disengaged over the holiday break just for my sanity's sake.

I didn't know there was a difference. It was the #theflash. I don't have a Twitter account so I couldn't read that actual comments on the tweets, but it seemed more pro-Candice/Iris and WestAllen.

Okay, I visited CW_TheFlash Twitter. Much better although it is full of Elseworlds promotion, Amell's mug, and Supernatural stuff. I guess, because The Flash is the CW's highest rated show, they promo everything on its Twitter. The comments are saner also.

5 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Okay, I visited CW_TheFlash Twitter. Much better although it is full of Elseworlds promotion, Amell's mug, and Supernatural stuff. I guess, because The Flash is the CW's highest rated show, they promo everything on its Twitter. The comments are saner also.

Funny you mention that account. I noticed they are once again counting down to the midseason premiere. Let's hope they include Iris/Candice this time and from now own and in her #2 spot as second billed actor.

Edited by adora721
46 minutes ago, adora721 said:

Funny you mention that account. I noticed they are once again counting down to the midseason premiere. Let's hope they include Iris/Candice this time and from now own and in her #2 spot as second billed actor.

I wouldn't count on that. They seem to be all about GG and promoting the crossover and the low rated Arrow and Supergirl. I don't see anything about LOT there. I do find it odd that they are promoting the Comic Con appearances of a couple Supernatural guest stars that I recognized. It is an odd Twitter account as it is less devoted to The Flash than whatever CW prioritizes which is probably the point. To be fair I don't go on social media regularly so it might be that I don't know that this is the norm for network shows.

@Trini, I agree. The trailer includes clips from more than one episode, maybe a mix of 10,11, and 12, I am very excited to see Barry and Iris travel/vibe to the future, but it looks like they only find out about Cicada, but nothing about Nora's interactions with the Reverse Flash. Truthfully, I am tired of Nora's drama and am not looking forward to more it. I wonder if the scene in the hospital is Grace waking up with meta-powers? It looks like Iris is with her.

ETA: One of the writers, Sterling Gates confirmed on Twitter that the trailer is for "the next few episodes."

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I wouldn't count on that. They seem to be all about GG and promoting the crossover and the low rated Arrow and Supergirl. I don't see anything about LOT there. I do find it odd that they are promoting the Comic Con appearances of a couple Supernatural guest stars that I recognized. It is an odd Twitter account as it is less devoted to The Flash than whatever CW prioritizes which is probably the point. To be fair I don't go on social media regularly so it might be that I don't know that this is the norm for network shows.

It's not the norm, at least not base on the few accounts that I follow on twitter.

• Love 1