Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E17 Kirsten, Michael & Roni LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Oh. My. Word. She lost part of her finger! I'm wondering if Michael also had/has a drug problem. That kind of anger is unbelievable. Thank God he didn't kill her. I hope she doesn't take him back.

• Love 8
Just now, DEG9 said:

Did she leave, or did he storm out, and has not yet come back? She need a PFA, like stat!

Yup, he left and she doesn’t know where he is.  She really needs to protect herself and the kids.

• Love 5
(edited)
4 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Kristen has grown as a person? Yeah, right. 

Poor Roni. I hope she's really done with Michael. I'm glad she's doing well with her weight loss. Sweet Dr Now for taking care of her finger too. I hope she filed charges on that abusive asshole., 

Plus a Restraining Order too.

Edited by zoemom
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

"RIght now" drives me nuts!  Dr. Now says it often.  I wonder if he is actually the one writing the script! 

Right now, I also hate the word "because".  Everything doesn't need a because.  Just try starting a new freakin' sentence.  Periods followed by articles of the "the" persuasion, is a great thing.  I am also partial to gerund phrases....anything, ANYTHING, but because.

I try not to listen to 'right now' or i'd have to start drinking, and I don't drink

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

Why do they all:

have tattooes

small dogs

quilts on the bed

zero interior decorating skills

lift their pinkies while shoveling the food in

They dont eat with forks,they shovel it in with a spoon

• Love 4
Just now, DC Gal in VA said:

His nasty, violent ass needs to go to jail with the big boys. I want to see him try and take out his anger on them since they would not hesitate to give him the beatdown he so richly deserves.

I hope so,My God what a psycho !

• Love 4
(edited)
2 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

Yup, he left and she doesn’t know where he is.  She really needs to protect herself and the kids.

Given they are in Texas, I would get a gun and the next time he is at the door, tell him I would blow his brains out if he dares to come in.  And then do it. 

And of course he blamed her.   *retching*

Edited by Hellga
added thought after listening to more of the episode
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, zoemom said:

Dr. Lola actually looks "normal" today.......

It's sad that she is so outlandish sometimes, we believe her look today is normal.  She is still wearing 10 pounds of make-up.

• Love 5

Nooo, don't minimize that his actions are normal and you are responsible for pissing off that asshole.  Abusers "condition" their victims to think this way.  I want to hug this woman.

• Love 10
Just now, zoemom said:

Dr. Lola actually looks "normal" today.......

Except for those brows.  

I'm so torn with Roni's situation.  If Michael was out of control and removed himself to the bathroom with the door closed, and she kicked the door in to make her case, I do feel some kind of way about Roni's role.  I'm glad this was apparently the last straw, and she's now willing to separate her children and herself from this dude.

• Love 7

Honestly,  sounds like it was mutual combat.   She just said she kicked open the bathroom door.   He went in there to get away from her  for some reason.   If a woman locked herself in a room and a guy kicked open the door,  well..... you know.   Maybe,  just maybe....... the finger thing was accidental.   

• Love 4
(edited)

I feel sorry for those kids that had to witness all of that abuse and violence for years.  Witnesses to abuse are victims of abuse.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, cmpbl said:

Dr. Now just doesn't understand that Kirsten can't do it all by herself, she needs someone to help her.

But she's grown as a person and took care of herself for two months!

7 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

lift their pinkies while shoveling the food in

They's classy, y'know?

6 minutes ago, DEG9 said:

Why is he not in jail? And, oh yeah, the tip of your finger is not the whole finger. I concede there is trauma. So i'll let this go

My cousin's husband got a similar injury last year from a garage door accident. He can see the funny side but then it was just an accident and not the result of abuse.

I have a friend whose sister did lose her entire left ring finger (she fell and her wedding ring caught on something and, um, I'll leave it at that).

• Love 3

Hello my pounder friends!

It is so nice of my 600 pound life to run longer episodes in the summer. I didn’t think I would be able to participate tonight. I finally have my garden fully planted and I’m just sitting down to dinner. Dinner = Deconstructed loaded potatoes. Mashed potatoes in the instant pot, topped with cheddar cheese, sour cream and bacon crumbles—Accompanied by the champagne of beers, miller high life. 

Tonight I added potatoes, sweet potatoes, zucchini, two kinds of pumpkins, and hot peppers to my garden. It’s going to be incredible! 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, LookABird said:

Such a typical abuser, "It's all your fault."

abusers are subtle and sly, They groom their victims until they are willing to believe anything they are told. <sad>

• Love 5
Just now, Kid said:

I feel sorry for those kids that had to witness all of that abuse and violence for years.

Yep, they're the true victims......who knows if my 600 lb life is still on in 20 years, we might see one of them with a weight issue.  SMH...

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

"RIght now" drives me nuts!  Dr. Now says it often.  I wonder if he is actually the one writing the script! 

Right now, I also hate the word "because".  Everything doesn't need a because.  Just try starting a new freakin' sentence.  Periods followed by articles of the "the" persuasion, is a great thing.  I am also partial to gerund phrases....anything, ANYTHING, but because.

I've heard Dr. Now use "right now" quite a bit, so you might be right, lol.

"Because" -- YES.  That also makes me crazy.  Such a stale script.  If you've heard one narration you've basically heard them all! 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, CouchTater said:

Except for those brows.  

I'm so torn with Roni's situation.  If Michael was out of control and removed himself to the bathroom with the door closed, and she kicked the door in to make her case, I do feel some kind of way about Roni's role.  I'm glad this was apparently the last straw, and she's now willing to separate her children and herself from this dude.

There is definitely unhealthy dynamics there - it always takes two to tango, and very few people are psychotic enough to be violently abusive from the get-go (and if they are, my guess is they don't end up in long-term relationships, but rather go on a crime spree and end up in prison or dead).  Had they parted when verbal abuse started, it probably would have been better for both of them. 

• Love 3
Just now, CircusPeanuts said:

Hello my pounder friends!

It is so nice of my 600 pound life to run longer episodes in the summer. I didn’t think I would be able to participate tonight. I finally have my garden fully planted and I’m just sitting down to dinner. Dinner = Deconstructed loaded potatoes. Mashed potatoes in the instant pot, topped with cheddar cheese, sour cream and bacon crumbles—Accompanied by the champagne of beers, miller high life. 

Tonight I added potatoes, sweet potatoes, zucchini, two kinds of pumpkins, and hot peppers to my garden. It’s going to be incredible! 

Ok, now you are just showing off!  That's great!

• Love 6
Just now, zoemom said:

Yep, they're the true victims......who knows if my 600 lb life is still on in 20 years, we might see one of them with a weight issue.  SMH...

which is why Dr. Now wants them all in therapy. Work it out, before it becomes more engrained.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, mysticalflute said:

Watching the show with my mom. She just said Dr. Lola looked plastic.

I was thinking the same thing, when she was just watching Roni talk and not moving she looked like a badly painted doll.

Good for Roni just getting her kids out of the whole environment.

• Love 3
Just now, Hellga said:

Kristen still walks as if she has not lost any weight.  She probably has so much damage to her joints that her legs just won't align properly.

she probably has hip issues as a result of the weight.

Just now, zoemom said:

Her kids are becoming her parent......why do they insist on still "loving" their abuser?

You can love someone and not like them.

• Love 5

Both of my parents are gone now, but I still appreciate them so much for their stability and consistency.  I never had to be their emotional support, I lived in the same home until I left for college, my dad didn't shear off the tip of my mom's finger....  I was/am a lucky duck to have them!

On that note, have a great night y'all!  I'll chat with you next week!

• Love 12