Type keyword(s) to search

S03. E06 The Emerald City 2018.06.06

(edited)

I still would have preferred Charlie lived, and one of the other kids had died.

The Bowman's and Snyder's numbers should all be coming up at this point.

When Snyder was looking over the reports, I thought Charlie might turn up alive despite Snyder finding his dead body last episode, but it was just further confirmation he was dead.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 7

Props to Sarah Wayne Callies, Josh Holloway and the actor who plays Bram, because they added the layer of loss of a child/brother to their characters flawlessly.  On top of everything else they've had to express without words.  Even though I knew this would be devastating for the Bowmans, just seeing their expressions at the beginning startled me.  They played it so well my heart ached. 

Were the walkers just herding them to walk towards Seattle?  I was confused when in one scene they were surrounded and the next time we saw them they were just walking along.  Were they not followed to make sure they didn't get off track?

There's the old Snyder.  Peter Jacobson plays such a great weasel.  Can't wait to see what happens next!

Does anybody know how many episodes we get this season?

• Love 6

And that is why I don't stop for hitchhikers.

Is there going to be some connection between Weasel vs. Weasel at the IGA center and the Bowmans?  I fail to see how the show is going to sustain interest in what they do at the upper layers of IGA, unless it's relevant.  Other than watching the fun of Snyder playing Survivor, who cares about that pack of traitors?

I have also been thinking about the worthiness of hiking from LA to Seattle, just to stay in another colony and be under the thumb again.  Why not try to live as hunter-gatherers?  I just don't think they have any advantage in colony life.  Not to mention that "Dalton" has already been identified as Bowman.

(edited)
9 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I have also been thinking about the worthiness of hiking from LA to Seattle, just to stay in another colony and be under the thumb again.  Why not try to live as hunter-gatherers?  I just don't think they have any advantage in colony life. 

If not for Gracie's life being in danger, they wouldn't have gone to Seattle. Will even mentioned trying to find another cabin in the mountains, but Gracie was going septic. They had a whole conversation about how they'd probably be recognized, but they had to risk it.

ETA: If you meant the resistance camp, they didn't expect it to be run so rigidly.

9 hours ago, eskimo said:

Does anybody know how many episodes we get this season?

Looks like 13 episodes.

I'm impressed by this show, generally. They've kept it moving, kept the story interesting, and deepened it. Season 2 was better than season one, and I'm even more interested now than I was in season 2.

Edited by justmehere
  • Love 7

Oh Snyder, you magnificent bastard! Never change.

Being from Seattle it's fun to see how they depict the city. When the Bowmans first see the city - that view at that distance from a tiny two-lane road surrounded by all forest and no signs of civilization for miles and miles doesn't exist. They'd have to be in the very northernmost end of Mercer Island with mansions everywhere (it's a ready-made Green Zone) to get something close to that view and they would have had to go across I-90 (8-10 lanes + express lanes) to get there. How they got that far the hell east when coming from the south (and not encountering any major civilization along the way) is just weird.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Is there going to be some connection between Weasel vs. Weasel at the IGA center and the Bowmans?  I fail to see how the show is going to sustain interest in what they do at the upper layers of IGA, unless it's relevant.  Other than watching the fun of Snyder playing Survivor, who cares about that pack of traitors?

They were definitely teasing Wayne Brady's character and his "algorithm."  What did his character do at the beginning of the episode (before the occupation began)?  Why do the drones and walkers see Will and not shoot?  My guess is they will be connecting this to Snyder at some point.  But I agree that I only had minimal interest in those scenes.  I really wanted to see what was happening to the Bowmans.

• Love 2

I like Wayne Brady well enough but in the short amount of time we saw him I kept thinking of him singing about some random situation hoedown style, or offering someone a hundred bucks if they have a clothespin in their purse. 

'Would you like algorithm #1, or would you like to trade it for what's behind the curtain?  Could be an upgraded algorithm, or it could be a Zonk.'

Seriously though, I wonder if we'll find out that he's the one behind the safety of Will and Broussard.  He didn't like what they were doing with his program so maybe he changed it and added a fail-safe that would insure certain people would be around in case the occupation became too powerful. 

• Love 5

Wow, Wayne Brady was a surprise. And looking like a snack too.

Were those walkers herding the Bowmans to somewhere or away from somewhere?

I feel like Snyder's guilt has gotten the best of him and he's up to something treasonous that he's going to hatch from the inside. But first he's got to make sure his loyalty bona fides are rock solid.

• Love 8

I really enjoyed this episode.  And, I LOVED that a show finally acknowledged that gasoline fuel doesn't last forever...

The acting was top-notch in my opinion, I felt their loss, their concern, their exhaustion, and their weariness.

Snyder is just so great.  I think he believed that the "unknown male age 47" was Bowman and now he is hatching a plan to go higher in the IGA, but to upend it at the same time.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I feel like Snyder's guilt has gotten the best of him and he's up to something treasonous that he's going to hatch from the inside. But first he's got to make sure his loyalty bona fides are rock solid.

That makes sense ... sounds like something Snyder would do.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I really enjoyed this episode.  And, I LOVED that a show finally acknowledged that gasoline fuel doesn't last forever...

The acting was top-notch in my opinion, I felt their loss, their concern, their exhaustion, and their weariness.

Snyder is just so great.  I think he believed that the "unknown male age 47" was Bowman and now he is hatching a plan to go higher in the IGA, but to upend it at the same time.

Yeah it was amazing how feral they all seemed. 

I love that Snyder grabbed power in Davos the same way he described earlier in the episode. I'm not sure he has any further plan than he has had all along. To keep his enemies close and protect as many people as he can.

The bit about the algorithm was good world building. We seem to be seeing behind the curtain a lot more this year. Which makes me think they are going to have completely flipped the script by the end of the season.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

And, I LOVED that a show finally acknowledged that gasoline fuel doesn't last forever...

Would that they had also acknowledged that car batteries self-discharge as well.  Lead-acid batteries self-discharge at about 5% per month.  You don't walk up to a car that's been abandoned for a year, and expect the battery to just crank and crank and crank!  That only happens in shows like this, and TWD!

• Love 1

I would not have been shocked if Will had asked the Seattle people for a car to go back and pick up the family. I'm sure we'll see them again (but something might happen along their walk to make Will feel guilty of car jacking).

The house, car, man servant (and possibly Elan), was that Helena/occupation going out of their way to make Synder happy with or was that the normal treatment for all their returning "heroes"?

I hope Broussard is not far behind.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/7/2018 at 2:43 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

I know he feels guilty about Charlie, but I can't see him sticking his neck out for anyone.

On 6/7/2018 at 5:15 PM, seacliffsal said:

And, I LOVED that a show finally acknowledged that gasoline fuel doesn't last forever...

This had to be a snark at the Walking Dead franchise.

Yeah, when I first heard Wayne Brady was going to be on the show I could only picture Scenes from a Hat.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 1

I never understood why Snyder protected the Bowman’s especially Bram at the labour  camp.  Was it just because he liked him?  I can understand it a bit more now because he lived with them for a year or so and he probably got attached to the kids.

I really like this show and I hope it won’t be cancelled.  Some sites seem to think it will be because the ratings are poor *sigh*...

1 minute ago, Earlwoode said:

I never understood why Snyder protected the Bowman’s especially Bram at the labour  camp.  Was it just because he liked him?  I can understand it a bit more now because he lived with them for a year or so and he probably got attached to the kids.

I really like this show and I hope it won’t be cancelled.  Some sites seem to think it will be because the ratings are poor *sigh*...

I think he felt responsible and I do think he cares about the Bowmans to a point. I also remember he thought Bram could be useful as a mole.

I also think Snyder puts himself in the positions he does to protect people generally. He is his first priority but he does care about others.

• Love 1

I'm glad there are other people to 'speak' with about the show, because I was all confused as to the point of the opening scene about the algorithm.  So now we have to wonder what was done with the algorithm to possibly help protect some people, if that is in fact what it does.  

I have to wonder what is the point of redention of an area, just to build a factory and repopulate it with people again.

So the family Will car-jacked would have run out of gas and had to walk too.

I understand the drones herding them to Seattle, but people need to sleep.

Definitely curious to know Snyder's game plan.  

I get the point of Will and Kate's scene with Bram about him taking care of his sister.  But if the aliens are going to do something to Will and Kate, Bram's right up there too.  He was in that prison.

Will breaking down amd crying in the camp was just heart breaking.  He had no time to grieve and losing a child in any situation is devastating but he must also now be in total despair because it must seem he cannot save his family.  Josh Holloway gave a great performance.

• Love 7

I just don't think they have any advantage in colony life.  Not to mention that "Dalton" has already been identified as Bowman.

I am getting caught up on this season, but I can't remember the Dalton situation. Can someone remind me?

That's the alias that they chose so they could get into the refugee station, as "Bowman" was well known to the occupation authorities.  I don't know where they got it from, or if it came out of a hat.

• Love 2

That was terrifying, when he was startled awake. Things rarely scare me anymore, but that did. 

They also showed the loss really well. I hope those people didn't lie about gracie's status, to get them to relax a bit. 

I wish I'd known when this show came back in May. I'm trying to catch up now, but it's really good this year.