Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Of Their Sojourn Here

• Start Topic

Yes Aunt Vi. It is your time.  Charlie is playing with fire messing around with that young Landry dude. I know that Blue is missing his mama, but he would have gotten a spanking right in that store.  Acting like a spoiled brat.  A hope that Nova doesn’t get burned on this book deal. Looks like there could be some trouble from the previews for next week. 

• Love 3

Call Romero, Charley!

Jacob sure is trying hard to in Charley! His whole talk about family had me cringing because they could be family!

I love Vi's wig. Judging from next week's preview, I'm guessing RA has changed his mind over no sex in the house. 

Remy needs to get over himself. 

• Love 2
(edited)
53 minutes ago, Jeopardy15 said:

Charlie is playing with fire messing around with that young Landry dude.

I'm worried that he's going to try to assault her. He's thisclose to being creepy. Maybe his game is just weak, but I'm getting a bad vibe from him.

Did he come to the party just to scold Charlie? He and his hat should have better things to do.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Love 9

The one and only time I felt sorry for RA is when that security guard gave him the side eye for disciplining Blue. In the old days, I and many other kids were straight up whupped in public and no one batted an eye. Blue deserved at least a hand tap for refusing to put the shoes down.

RA then lost my sympathies when he told Charley "I'm no good for that boy". Boohoo, RA. You are that boy's father, whether the DNA says so or not. No giving up on him now after you ran Darla out of town. And the parole officer really thinks RA is qualified to lead other ex-felons? HAHAHAHA RA should be in jail right now for stealing from the corner store and stealing from the warehouse with that other ex-con.

I'm not understanding why Hollywood let Vi drag his ass to that holier-than-thou church lady and watch her beg to use the church stove. Surely Mr. Millionaire could afford to buy her an industrial oven.

And yaaaaaaaaaaas Charley! Forget dusty ol'Remy and play that field! That pig couldn't be bothered to play nice for 5 seconds at the bar and shoot the shit with Vi, but had no problem walking up to Charley at the High Yellow to admonish her. Fuck off and go find the little robot yeswoman you clearly want, Remy. Let Charley be great on her own.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

The one and only time I felt sorry for RA is when that security guard gave him the side eye for disciplining Blue. In the old days, I and many other kids were straight up whupped in public and no one batted an eye. Blue deserved at least a hand tap for refusing to put the shoes down.

I'm not understanding why Hollywood let Vi drag his ass to that holier-than-thou church lady and watch her beg to use the church stove. Surely Mr. Millionaire could afford to buy her an industrial oven.

I think Hollywood did nothing because of the conversation with Vi in the bathroom last episode. She made a fuss how she didn't want help from him, how she didn't need him to be manly or protective. This all stemmed from her not taking his hand when he wanted to help her down the bleacher so the one time he should have intervened he didn't because of her. 

Vi and Hollywood are spoiling Blue. They see RA trying to discipline Blue but they don't back him up to show Blue he should listen to Ra. Instead of telling Blue to pick out a couple pair of shoes, Hollywood should've asked RA if it's okay if he buys Blue some shoes. Blue sees this and knows he should behave or listen when RA tells him something.

• Love 3

The thing about Charley and Remy that's most irritating is the narrative is totally setting Charley up to fail and for Remy to be right all along.

The sexism on this show is boundless.

• Love 13

I am seeing that too, Dee. I feel like the show is trying to sell some destined, starcrossed lovers thing with Charley and Remy when it's not coming off as so, IMO.  All I am seeing from Remy is judgment.

Even though there is an ick factor there, I'd rather Remy hook up with Nova while Charley moves on to find a man who can appreciate her. After Davis and Remy, Charley deserves a man who won't take her for granted nor make her try to doubt herself.  

RE: Jacob, he's parched for Charley and he's obnoxious about it but he's not creepy to me. I just don't see anything yet to be alarmed about and watching Charley in their scenes, she doesn't seem like she wary he'll hurt her. She's a smart woman and I feel like if she felt sexually threatened in any way by him, should would not have agreed to work with him. I know mileage varies on him cause I kept seeing tweets pretty much equating him with a rapist but for me, I see it as Charley mostly playing him in the long con while a small part of her is also intrigued by him. 

Hey Romero! 

I felt for Vi about her display. After all she went through to get the order together to have it off on the side? Nah. Did cross my mind why Hollywood couldn't treat her to a new industrial type oven now that he's flush. Maybe I missed something in the dialogue about that since I know Vi was all about wanting to do it on her own.

Ralph Angel and Blue... it's like two emotionally immature boys not sure how to deal with their new lives. This won't end well mostly cause Ralph Angel is terrible at processing his feelings and tends to lash out instead. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

RA then lost my sympathies when he told Charley "I'm no good for that boy". Boohoo, RA. You are that boy's father, whether the DNA says so or not. No giving up on him now after you ran Darla out of town. And the parole officer really thinks RA is qualified to lead other ex-felons? HAHAHAHA RA should be in jail right now for stealing from the corner store and stealing from the warehouse with that other ex-con.

And yaaaaaaaaaaas Charley! Forget dusty ol'Remy and play that field! That pig couldn't be bothered to play nice for 5 seconds at the bar and shoot the shit with Vi, but had no problem walking up to Charley at the High Yellow to admonish her. Fuck off and go find the little robot yeswoman you clearly want, Remy. Let Charley be great on her own.

Remy can kick rocks! I’m so tired of his “holier than thou” attitude. 

• Love 4
On 5/31/2018 at 12:00 AM, AgentRXS said:

Fuck off and go find the little robot yeswoman you clearly want, Remy.

What happened to that little "moment" Remy and Nova had in her kitchen at the end of last season? We gonna forget all about that? Just like we forgot about RA robbing that convenience store and never getting caught? (Yes, I'm still holding a grudge about that).

21 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

Did cross my mind why Hollywood couldn't treat her to a new industrial type oven now that he's flush

He would if Vi wanted him to. Vi not wanting any help with anything and insisting on not having Hollywood's big settlement change things is getting on my nerves. Let the man set you up with a new stove or an entire space where you can really bake the damn pies! He's going to be afraid to offer to help her with anything because she gets all self righteous about every little thing. 

• Love 2

"And we're all about family." I keep saying it: please don't go there Queen Sugar. Don't make Charley actually a blood relative of those people. Especially with that Landry guy sniffing around her so hard.

The little boy who plays Blue is growing like a sunflower but they're trying real hard to pretend like he's still only three years old.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

He would if Vi wanted him to. Vi not wanting any help with anything and insisting on not having Hollywood's big settlement change things is getting on my nerves. Let the man set you up with a new stove or an entire space where you can really bake the damn pies! He's going to be afraid to offer to help her with anything because she gets all self righteous about every little thing. 

That's exactly why I hate how the writers threw them back together last season.

They have HUGE issues in their relationship that are totally ignored, because the writers care more about exhibiting "black love," than actually investing in creating coherent character arcs.

• Love 3

I'm glad that the show didn't go there with the spanking. I also liked that Blue apologized for misbehaving. It's refreshing to see a parent not automatically go straight to hitting. 

Doesn't he? I was over Remy as soon as he called Charley "calculating" last season. She deserves so much better. I was proud of her for standing her ground when he came at her with the bullshit, but it's going to irk my soul when he eventually "saves the day." 

3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Vi not wanting any help with anything and insisting on not having Hollywood's big settlement change things is getting on my nerves. Let the man set you up with a new stove or an entire space where you can really bake the damn pies! He's going to be afraid to offer to help her with anything because she gets all self righteous about every little thing. 

Violet is being silly AF. She has an opportunity to have her own industrial space, yet, she'd rather beg some bitchy church lady and give up 10% of her profits. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Dee said:

That's exactly why I hate how the writers threw them back together last season.

They have HUGE issues in their relationship that are totally ignored, because the writers care more about exhibiting "black love," than actually investing in creating coherent character arcs.

I like Vi / Hollywood but you're completely right about their issues and that the show is so focused on being about Black Love that is glosses over things that should be written/discussed. 

I saw further proof of that looking over the show's twitter feed the last couple of nights. Them tweeting about Remy gathering Charley's entire life, as if we're supposed to not only care why they're not together anymore but even though he's being salty whenever he sees her now, we should root for them to get back together despite him running her down. MEH. 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm not trusting that guy that came out of nowhere to help Charley get her car started. Something's up with that. 

I kept thinking he did something to the car or this was a Landry set up.

• Love 6

Oh my God Remy STEP OFF! Did he go to the dinner party for the sole purpose of telling Charlie how much she sucks and what a sell out she is? I am so over his folksy condescension and smug sense of self importance. I hope the guy Charlie met in the parking lot is actually just a nice guy for Charlie to be with, and not some kind of Laundry plant or something. If it turns out Remy was right all along and Charlie needs to bail her out, I am gonna have to throw something. 

Poor Vi. Its a bit ridiculous of her not to just have Hollywood fund her pie business, but I still felt awful for her when she realized her pies she worked so hard on got shoved to the side. Vi and Hollywood need to find some happy meeting between Hollywood doing everything for her, and him not doing things for her that makes sense.  

I also love the fact that Charlie has her own PI on her payroll. 

So now I guess Nova has to take the book deal. On a shallow note, that outfit she was wearing in the last scene was on point. She looked amazing.

Blue is such a cute kid, but he really does need to be disciplined. You really can see how RA turned out the way he did, if this is how their family disciplines their boys. At least RA is trying, and them washing dishes was really cute. But, I am still waiting for him to mess this up, honestly. Dude is too immature to do all this right now. And adding ex cons, with RA as a role model? Allow me to laugh for twenty minutes straight! RA is still a mess, still uses violence way too quickly, and would be in jail for other crimes right now if his family didnt cover for him. I wouldn't want him as a role model for anyone, let alone ex cons trying to start over. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

What happened to that little "moment" Remy and Nova had in her kitchen at the end of last season? We gonna forget all about that? Just like we forgot about RA robbing that convenience store and never getting caught? (Yes, I'm still holding a grudge about that

I'm still holding a grudge against Nova for not paying that 10k back.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

Me too. If my brother stole $10K from me (remember, she didn't ask to borrow that money, she just took it) and never paid it back, I honestly don't think we'd speak - and my brother is one of my favorite people.

On 6/1/2018 at 12:03 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

"And we're all about family." I keep saying it: please don't go there Queen Sugar. Don't make Charley actually a blood relative of those people. Especially with that Landry guy sniffing around her so hard.

The little boy who plays Blue is growing like a sunflower but they're trying real hard to pretend like he's still only three years old.

I think Blue is supposed to be six. I remember Darla saying that last season.

Totally agree that Vi should let Hollywood buy her an industrial oven or rent her a space. (Actually, aren't there rules about where you're allowed to cook food you serve to the public?) Sometimes you just have to let people help you. I know it can be hard for some people (it is for me), but shoot. They could even treat it like an investment if Vi really felt some type of way about it. (Her pies look so good.)

I hope Roberto is a new love interest for Charley. She deserves better than Remy. I was saying "TAKE IT" when he came back and wanted to give her his number.

• Love 2

Okay, I completely forgot about that. But then, is he supposed to be developmentally delayed or something? He acts younger than a six-year old to me.

About the new guy Roberto, I hope he's a good guy but as others have said upthread, I'm also looking for something to be shady about him. Maybe he planted a bug on her car so the Boudreaux/Landry people can have her followed.

• Love 1
On 6/1/2018 at 9:03 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

On 6/2/2018 at 12:33 PM, Empress1 said:

They also did a time jump (wherein Vi and Hollywood went to Italy) to let Ethan Hutchison  catch up to Blue (or vice versa).  He was six last season, so with the time jump, both Ethan and Blue are 7.  Blue was the major reason for the time jump, I think.

(edited)
On 6/1/2018 at 12:03 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

1 hour ago, jhlipton said:

They also did a time jump (wherein Vi and Hollywood went to Italy) to let Ethan Hutchison  catch up to Blue (or vice versa).  He was six last season, so with the time jump, both Ethan and Blue are 7.  Blue was the major reason for the time jump, I think.

That's good.  I was afraid that if something wasn't done, Blue would either be written out or killed off.  I like Blue and I want him to stay, even though the last place he belongs is with that awful family, especially RA (yuk).  Let his mom come back for him, please.  Or, maybe Hollywood and Vi can adopt him.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2

It's a problem that every show with small(-sh) children has, especially after several seasons.  The kid's growth won't match the character unless some other factor comes into play.

Ethan joins Scarlett Estevez as one of the truly GREAT child actors.

• Love 1

I'm glad that the show didn't go there with the spanking. I also liked that Blue apologized for misbehaving. It's refreshing to see a parent not automatically go straight to hitting. 

A swat on the backside is not "hitting”!  It would be refreshing to not see parents in stores begging and pleading with their children to behave.

(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 12:15 PM, Chick2Chic said:

RE: Jacob, he's parched for Charley and he's obnoxious about it but he's not creepy to me. I just don't see anything yet to be alarmed about and watching Charley in their scenes, she doesn't seem like she wary he'll hurt her. She's a smart woman and I feel like if she felt sexually threatened in any way by him, should would not have agreed to work with him. I know mileage varies on him cause I kept seeing tweets pretty much equating him with a rapist but for me, I see it as Charley mostly playing him in the long con while a small part of her is also intrigued by him. 

I can see your point. He has not done anything egregious yet. I think what bothers me about Jacob is that he is being both presumptuous and obtuse. His family has gotten rich off of exploiting black farmers, including Charley's father. While he might see himself as a Boudreaux and not a Landry, that does not change the fact that he has received the benefits of their less than upstanding dealings. His family has repeatedly threatened the Bordelons. So, I guess it seems a bit too much that he thinks that Charley would be even remotely interested in him romantically or would even see him as a friend. I get it - if a guy likes a woman, he's going to try. His lack of humility here, though, strikes me as someone who is willfully ignorant of the past or who is just too arrogant to think that a woman would ever reject him.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Love 1
On 5/31/2018 at 12:15 PM, Chick2Chic said:

I'm sniffing out something that I don't know how I feel about.  I think Charley and Jacob might actually hook up - for real!  It's the perfect setup narratively because they are basically enemies and his "interest" comes across as Massa in the slave quarters variety of lust.  But I got just a small inkling that Jacob's interest in Charlie is more than that.  He knows that Charlie - the Great Mrs. Bordelon-West - isn't falling for some smarmy countryfied pickup line.  I think what he said to her was true - he's never met anybody like her before and he's caught her scent and may just follow her all the way into the rabbit hole.  I really felt that he called himself doing her a solid by convincing his family to keep their word to her.  But Charlie hates him in the big picture, which is just tv marinade for epic love.  LOL!  I think that these two hooking up in a real way would be the monkey wrench to end all monkey wrenches - an actual Romeo and Juliet.  Of course Romeo and Juliet was a tragedy...

• Love 1
On 6/8/2018 at 2:21 PM, Timetoread said:

I'm sniffing out something that I don't know how I feel about.  I think Charley and Jacob might actually hook up - for real!  It's the perfect setup narratively because they are basically enemies and his "interest" comes across as Massa in the slave quarters variety of lust.  But I got just a small inkling that Jacob's interest in Charlie is more than that.  He knows that Charlie - the Great Mrs. Bordelon-West - isn't falling for some smarmy countryfied pickup line.  I think what he said to her was true - he's never met anybody like her before and he's caught her scent and may just follow her all the way into the rabbit hole.  I really felt that he called himself doing her a solid by convincing his family to keep their word to her.  But Charlie hates him in the big picture, which is just tv marinade for epic love.  LOL!  I think that these two hooking up in a real way would be the monkey wrench to end all monkey wrenches - an actual Romeo and Juliet.  Of course Romeo and Juliet was a tragedy...

Oh, I can totally see this happening. That's why I think there is actual interest, wanted or not, between them even though I also think they're playing each other for their own ends. At least with this situation, she is also going in with eyes mostly wide open unlike how Davis blindsided her and how Remy let her down when he began to resent her strength and ambitions. 

• Love 3
On 5/31/2018 at 9:15 AM, Chick2Chic said:

I am seeing that too, Dee. I feel like the show is trying to sell some destined, starcrossed lovers thing with Charley and Remy when it's not coming off as so, IMO.  All I am seeing from Remy is judgment.

God I hope not. Remy has fallen hard from grace in my book.

On 6/1/2018 at 8:39 PM, Arcadiasw said:

Well, now with the book deal she doesn't have any excuse, right?

On 6/2/2018 at 12:33 PM, Empress1 said:

Totally agree that Vi should let Hollywood buy her an industrial oven or rent her a space. (Actually, aren't there rules about where you're allowed to cook food you serve to the public?) Sometimes you just have to let people help you. I know it can be hard for some people (it is for me), but shoot. They could even treat it like an investment if Vi really felt some type of way about it. (Her pies look so good.)

Yes, there are rules. Though goodness knows, Vi's personal kitchen doesn't seem a likely place to be approved. The church kitchens, on the other hand, might be approved. Renting a space would have been a good option, even if she accepted an industrial oven - it takes time to have those delivered and installed.

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:07 PM, Chick2Chic said:

Oh, I can totally see this happening. That's why I think there is actual interest, wanted or not, between them even though I also think they're playing each other for their own ends. At least with this situation, she is also going in with eyes mostly wide open unlike how Davis blindsided her and how Remy let her down when he began to resent her strength and ambitions. 

It's the perfect scenario because it's a forbidden love or maybe lust.. It always make you want what you shouldn't have. The more she strings him along, the more he wants her. Typical man,  Charlie is a challenge to him, not easy to conquer and too smart for the dumb shit.   

• Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:58 PM, mrsbagnet said:

I can see your point. He has not done anything egregious yet. I think what bothers me about Jacob is that he is being both presumptuous and obtuse. His family has gotten rich off of exploiting black farmers, including Charley's father. While he might see himself as a Boudreaux and not a Landry, that does not change the fact that he has received the benefits of their less than upstanding dealings. His family has repeatedly threatened the Bordelons. So, I guess it seems a bit too much that he thinks that Charley would be even remotely interested in him romantically or would even see him as a friend. I get it - if a guy likes a woman, he's going to try. His lack of humility here, though, strikes me as someone who is willfully ignorant of the past or who is just too arrogant to think that a woman would ever reject him.

He's helplessly attracted to her, yet not smooth enough to woo her. He's stumbling all over himself because he knows she's very savvy . wealthy, and knows how to play the game.

• Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 5:50 PM, Clanstarling said:

God I hope not. Remy has fallen hard from grace in my book.

Well, now with the book deal she doesn't have any excuse, right?

Yes, there are rules. Though goodness knows, Vi's personal kitchen doesn't seem a likely place to be approved. The church kitchens, on the other hand, might be approved. Renting a space would have been a good option, even if she accepted an industrial oven - it takes time to have those delivered and installed.

Vi, is quietly pushing Hollywood away without realizing what she's doing. Her insecurity is showing up now, I know it's due to her illness, she wants to be totally independent, but Vi girl, let this man love you , protect you , take care of you , because that 's what a real man does. Just let Hollywood help you to achieve your goal. I believe he's willing to setup and back away , turn it all over to her. Vi, should never forget , Hollywood is the one that convinced her to live her dream and put that dream into motion..

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 12:20 PM, Sheenieb said:

Doesn't he? I was over Remy as soon as he called Charley "calculating" last season. She deserves so much better. I was proud of her for standing her ground when he came at her with the bullshit, but it's going to irk my soul when he eventually "saves the day." 

Violet is being silly AF. She has an opportunity to have her own industrial space, yet, she'd rather beg some bitchy church lady and give up 10% of her profits. 

Amen. Vi, is just crazy..

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:39 PM, Arcadiasw said:

I felt that was a real bitch-ass move.. how do you just take someone's money?

• Love 1