Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E23: Let the Good Times Roll

• Start Topic

I had a specific comment 2 pages ago, but now can’t remember what it was. 

Unpopular opinion, but I don’t want the arc to last long. I hated when Sam was possessed. I hated when he was soulless. I hated Dean as a demon and was happy that only lasted 3 episodes. I tend to empathize with the characters so if something upsets them, it upsets me. 

Having said that I did enjoy the episode. There were nice moments between Sam, Dean and Jack. 

I remember my comment now. I don’t believe the show was ever going to try to redeem Lucifer. Any good deed he did was for selfish reasons, and that doesn’t scream redemption. Even back at that exorcism, he only got rid of the demon because he wanted to be worshipped, not to help the girl. He’s truly evil. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

She could have gone for "call my sons" and obviously Bobby would call only one. It just bugged me that there is major crisis time and her response is "call Sam". As if Dean would be as useless as chopped liver in that scenario.

To be honest, I do think that line was like a Freudian slip by Dabb who gravitates more towards Sam than Dean. Then again he usually gravitates more towards side characters over either of them.

I`m still iffy on Lucifer being truly dead. Something that I just find weird is how SPN doesn`t do exit interviews when actors leave a show. I`m used to those now when big characters are leaving or being written out of other shows. A little tribut and thank you to the actor. `They didn`t do that for Mark Sheppard last year and there was obviously bad blood. But they love Pellegrino. So I`m not convinced we won`t hear soon that he is still a regular on the show somehow.  

I hear “they love Pelligrino” all the time. What makes everyone think this? Just curious. I like him too but just wondering. 

1 hour ago, AwesomO4000 said:

This is true, but the detail of the few falling feathers in shadow was a nice touch there.

IIRC Cas’ looked like that too when he got his grace back from the library/metatron. Anyone have a pic of that?

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, bearcatfan said:

I had a specific comment 2 pages ago, but now can’t remember what it was. 

Unpopular opinion, but I don’t want the arc to last long. I hated when Sam was possessed. I hated when he was soulless. I hated Dean as a demon and was happy that only lasted 3 episodes. I tend to empathize with the characters so if something upsets them, it upsets me. 

Having said that I did enjoy the episode. There were nice moments between Sam, Dean and Jack. 

I remember my comment now. I don’t believe the show was ever going to try to redeem Lucifer. Any good deed he did was for selfish reasons, and that doesn’t scream redemption. Even back at that exorcism, he only got rid of the demon because he wanted to be worshipped, not to help the girl. He’s truly evil. 

The possessed Cas SL lasted over half a season. I don’t know if this is an UO, but I loved Luci!Cas! (I also liked Rick Springfield)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, MysteryGuest said:

But why would she have to call Dean, rather than Sam?  My point was that she obviously calls them both, but she doesn't always have to say "call Sam and Dean".  I just don't think that her "call Sam" is synonymous with loving Sam more, or thinking Dean is a weakling who can't help her.  This show does a lot of shit that is inexplicable, but I honestly don't get the outrage over this.  And I'm a major Dean girl.

Well I think there's ground between 'it doesn't matter at all' and the hyperbole 'Mary thinks Dean is a weakling'. In and of itself, her telling Bobby to call Sam instead of say... call the boys, maybe isn't a big deal. But combine that with Sam's "dream" last episode, and the other instances of Mary showing different feelings for Sam than for Dean, and I say it's not nothing. I say maybe it's Dabb showing his own colours, just a little. 

• Love 5

A good thing about Michael!dean is that I won’t have to watch dean interact with mary anymore and watch her completely dismiss him whilst thinking she is God’s gift to everything and everyone 

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Well I think there's ground between 'it doesn't matter at all' and the hyperbole 'Mary thinks Dean is a weakling'. In and of itself, her telling Bobby to call Sam instead of say... call the boys, maybe isn't a big deal. But combine that with Sam's "dream" last episode, and the other instances of Mary showing different feelings for Sam than for Dean, and I say it's not nothing. I say maybe it's Dabb showing his own colours, just a little. 

And that’s the thing, isn’t it? How hard would it have been to have Mary say “the boys” instead of just “Sam”?  Two words instead of one that would have acknowledged the importance of both her sons to Mary. But they chose “Sam.” And that feels deliberate in terms of what Mary thinks/feels about Dean. Or at least what the showrunners think about Dean. 

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, bethy said:

And that’s the thing, isn’t it? How hard would it have been to have Mary say “the boys” instead of just “Sam”?  Two words instead of one that would have acknowledged the importance of both her sons to Mary. But they chose “Sam.” And that feels deliberate in terms of what Mary thinks/feels about Dean. Or at least what the showrunners think about Dean. 

I personally think people are reading way to much into what was basically a throwaway line, but to each his own.  I just don't see it as a diss against Dean, anymore than it would have been against Sam, had she said "call Dean".  But I'm going to move on now.

• Love 11
22 hours ago, Bergamot said:

Another thing I liked in the episode, was the part where Jack went into a rage and almost killed that poor convenience store clerk. Finally! -- Jack being something other than pure and sweet and innocent, and hurting someone wrongly and not by accident. It made me think that maybe there is hope for the character after all. (As a side note, I also have to admit that it was kind of charming how excited Jack was at the thought of being out among the stars with a lightsaber -- "like Star Wars"!)

The problem though is that if Jack's grace does regenerate completely, he is already more powerful than any angel that ever existed, including Lucifer and Michael -- and he is basically still a baby.  And if they pray to him, he can be there instantly to save them. The writers are going to have to come up with a lot of excuses as to why the good guys are ever going to be in any real danger when they have Jack on their side. I know it's a problem the show has faced before, but it is unfortunately not a problem it has been able to handle very well.

One thing I was wondering -- if Jack is more powerful than Michael, and Michael knows this, will Michael avoid confronting him? Maybe that is why Michael goes for a walk at the end of the episode instead of immediately declaring himself ruler of the world; maybe he is hiding from Jack for the time being, until he figures out what to do about him.

It almost made me wonder whether there were hints about the end of he show (if it does turn out that Jack's grace can regenerate and bring him back up to full power)...When Dean talks about how he would retire only when he knows the world would be safe. Maybe however Michael is dealt with will bring about some sort of balance in the heavenly realm, and having Jack on their side will mean an effective end to real threats from any number of the usual array of monsters & demons. Mary & Bobby will get married and everyone will live happily ever after. Maybe Sam & Dean will even get a baby brother.

Yeah, I don't actually see them going in such a completely sappy direction, but Dean's comments on retirement coupled with the ease with which they took out that little band of werewolves did have a whiff of foreshadowing there...

• Love 3

I got to watch this last night, previously I only read about 6 comments here as I didn't want to be too coloured by others views. Usually I read all the comments before watching so I won't be disappointed but I am glad I didn't read many as I really enjoyed the episode. The only part that took me out of it a bit was the aerial fight, as many have said it just was not well done enough to warrant all the work rather than a standard fight. Jack was brilliant as a son desperately wanting his father to be his hero, Lucifer was so good as well with lies and manipulation. I would say here that although I have been sick and tired of the Lucifer story line (and although this is a personal comment I don't like Mark Pellegrino from what I read about him) he really is a very good actor indeed. I didn't like the story they have given him over the last few years, making him this whingy angel with daddy issues but they certainly wrote him out well, i.e. with his true colours of evil all the way. I almost though wish that it was Mary that had gone but that is a rant for another time. I can still picture Sam's face when Dean killed Lucifer, his expression will stay with me for a long time, kudos to Jared. I liked that Dean was all leader and I thought the way they wrote/played the deal with Michael, although rushed, was believable. I thought that Jensen played being taken over by Michael very well, he wasn't too over the top.

I actually really liked the Sam without a soul story line, possibly more after the event and on rewatch, difficult to remember if I felt that at the time, so many episodes! When Dean was Demon Dean I was not hoping for the story line to continue for much longer, so I don't really want Dean to be subdued by Michael for a long time. I am a real fan of the brothers together plus Cas story lines

• Love 6
(edited)
19 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I loved, LOVED the scene between Michael and Dean for so many reasons, not the least of which is Christian Keyes is a good actor and he made Michael a little crazy, a little dangerous and a lot menacing. And then with the flashback clip of Zachariah, the angel I most loved to hate, telling Dean he was the Michael sword. Man, remember when the angels were scary and badass, not whiny dicks in boring suits? And Jensen so totally delivered on his lines. Terrified, but straightening his back, swallowing his fear and telling Michael how it was going to go down. L O V E D it! Even if it went sideways later, this was Dean F. Winchester pulling the ultimate Dean Winchester.

Man, I miss when angels were actually threatening and intense and powerful. I also miss when the monsters and big bads were based on actual myths and folklore. I also really miss the direction and cinematography in earlier seasons. Remember how beautiful "Dark Side of the Moon" was? I wonder if Jack will stay de-powered? If they power him up a again, he becomes the solve all McGuffain. Have a monster, have an archangel to defeat, boom Jack can take care of it. Also, add me to the list of people who hated the wire fight and the freeze frame ending, They totally took me out of the episode. What were they thinking?! I also wish it had been our world Michael. That loose end with him and Adam really bothers me. Basically what I'm saying is that this long-awaited fight makes me remember the first five seasons of the show and how good it was.

Edited by OrigamiNightmare
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, OrigamiNightmare said:

Also, add me to the list of people who hated the wire fight and the freeze frame ending,

I thought the end of the wire fight was awesome and had no problem whatsoever with the freeze frame ending-in fact, I actually liked that.

• Love 2

I've always liked the light coming out of an angel as they die. I think that's a cool effect and seeing it almost happen to Dean/Michael was pretty thrilling for me, but yes, I agree that up to that point, the big fight was mostly a bust-except for that one kick at the very beginning, but that was before the wires.

• Love 2
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

I've always liked the light coming out of an angel as they die. I think that's a cool effect and seeing it almost happen to Dean/Michael was pretty thrilling for me, but yes, I agree that up to that point, the big fight was mostly a bust-except for that one kick at the very beginning, but that was before the wires.

Yeah, I like the light coming out them too, and the high pitch whine (even though my dog doesn't like that noise lol). My favourite thing is the shadow wings. I love it every single time (it would've been kind of cool if archangels got extra shadow wings). And I love the glowing eyes too (when they're pupil-less) I thought Lucifer's eyes should've looked like that, but red, instead of the way they decided to do it (same with Jack only yellow, and Michael!Dean only blue). Maybe it's an easier effect? Someone else mentioned that Mark Pelligrino is a trained boxer/fighter (don't know if it's true). Maybe that's why they didn't want to do it like a fist fight (though if he is, he would be even better at knowing how to pull his punches, I would think. Control and being able to judge distance is often a big part of practising various fighting techniques).

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

The kick, then the hand-to-hand bit was awesome. I loved it when Dean twirled the archangel blade and briefly got the weight and balance before charging in. WHY, OH WHY, didn't they have the entire fight like that?! Have them punch and kick each other into the walls, have the glass windows shatter from the shock waves, maybe have lightning and thunder strike with a few of the stronger hits. Let pieces of the church crumble a bit, ANYTHING. It could have been so much better.

• Love 10
(edited)
9 minutes ago, BabySpinach said:

The kick, then the hand-to-hand bit was awesome. I loved it when Dean twirled the archangel blade and briefly got the weight and balance before charging in. WHY, OH WHY, didn't they have the entire fight like that?! Have them punch and kick each other into the walls, have the glass windows shatter from the shock waves, maybe have lightning and thunder strike with a few of the stronger hits. Let pieces of the church crumble a bit, ANYTHING. It could have been so much better.

I liked those aspects too. Hell, they could've quite easily shown the ground shaking with the force too. I love the idea of the windows blowing out. Though maybe that would've been too expensive. Still, there were so many other inexpensive ways they could've shown a more epic fight (and no glowy balls of light. I always thought that was kind of silly. It might've been cool to show them being hurt, but then healing instantly. Or being scratched with angel blades, but not killed ... something, anything else! For some of us, this battle was something that we'd been waiting years to see. And I would think hand to hand based fight would've saved them some money for other stunts. Or they could've saved up money for the battle ... Oooh what if they showed car alarms and stuff going off outside?

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, OrigamiNightmare said:

I liked those aspects too. Hell, they could've quite easily shown the ground shaking with the force too. I love the idea of the windows blowing out. Though maybe that would've been too expensive. Still, there were so many other inexpensive ways they could've shown a more epic fight (and no glowy balls of light. I always thought that was kind of silly. It might've been cool to show them being hurt, but then healing instantly. Or being scratched with angel blades, but not killed ... something, anything else! For some of us, this battle was something that we'd been waiting years to see. And I would think hand to hand based fight would've saved them some money for other stunts. Or they could've saved up money for the battle ... Oooh what if they showed car alarms and stuff going off outside?

Yes to everything! Also, maybe Dean starts off too strong with his first hit and makes the ground shake. He then realizes he needs to tone it down so as not to cause collateral damage. It's not much, but it helps a bit in justifying why this epic battle didn't roast the world. The whole thing should have been a lot longer and grander, basically.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, BabySpinach said:

Seriously. And it should have been.

• Love 1

I was thinking about Dean showing the wings. Dean was in control at that point so do you think he just wanted to show his wings so Lucifer would be all 'Oh shit'oor to impress Sam or just cause he thought it would becool? Or did Michael show then and gave the wheel to Dean during the fight and took it back after?

or were Dean and Michael so intertwined that they were flipping back and forth before, during or after the fight?

4 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I was thinking about Dean showing the wings. Dean was in control at that point so do you think he just wanted to show his wings so Lucifer would be all 'Oh shit'oor to impress Sam or just cause he thought it would becool? Or did Michael show then and gave the wheel to Dean during the fight and took it back after?

or were Dean and Michael so intertwined that they were flipping back and forth before, during or after the fight?

I think he did it to let Sam and Jack know that he wasn't crazy enough to be taking on Lucifer by himself.  

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I think he did it to let Sam and Jack know that he wasn't crazy enough to be taking on Lucifer by himself.  

That makes sense.

Was it ever decided if they were in the same church as when Lucifer rose?  Because truly that's a poetic ending if so.

Lebanon, KS must be kind of wondering about this influx of these people in plaid. Do you think they wonder if it's a  cult? LOL

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

It was a statement of power and intent in-canon, and an awesome, iconic moment for the viewers. I like to think that the fight was Dean all the way through, just because I love the idea of our Dean showing off angel wings. I would have loved to see him actually testing out his powers and getting used to them, but I guess that would have spoiled the reveal.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, BabySpinach said:

t was a statement of power and intent in-canon, and an awesome, iconic moment for the viewers. I like to think that the fight was Dean all the way through, just because I love the idea of our Dean showing off angel wings. I would have loved to see him actually testing out his powers and getting used to them, but I guess that would have spoiled the reveal.

I just wonder how could Dean show off the wings though?  Did he get powers to do that when he was possessed? Is it that the vessel gets all the angel's powers and can control them or was this just specific to Dean because of it being AU Michael? I was thinking the wings be under the  control of the angel not the meatsuit? 

I mean if Dean got all of Michael's powers that's awesom! It makes me wonder why Michael could rest control back if Dean had all his powers.  Just wondering about the logistics of this.

3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I just wonder how could Dean show off the wings though?  Did he get powers to do that when he was possessed? Is it that the vessel gets all the angel's powers and can control them or was this just specific to Dean because of it being AU Michael? I was thinking the wings be under the  control of the angel not the meatsuit? 

I mean if Dean got all of Michael's powers that's awesom! It makes me wonder why Michael could rest control back if Dean had all his powers.  Just wondering about the logistics of this.

If I were to really try to analyze this, I would guess that an angel's power and the angel himself are two combined elements that could be separated. An angel can have their grace removed and still be themselves, just de-powered. I suppose Michael let Dean have access to his grace, which includes wings, while taking the backseat.

1 minute ago, BabySpinach said:

If I were to really try to analyze this, I would guess that an angel's power and the angel himself are two combined elements that could be separated. An angel can have their grace removed and still be themselves, just de-powered. I suppose Michael let Dean have access to his grace, which includes wings, while taking the backseat.

Yes must be...because remember when Lucifer was in Cas, he hardly ever let him to the front or have any control. 

14 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Dean did say he was driving the bus, but I don't think that means Michael was somehow dormant. In fact it wouldn't make sense - they had to be working in tandem, driver and engine. So I'd say it was both of them showing the wings, Dean to show Sam that help had arrived, and Michael to show Lucifer he was about to get his ass kicked.

• Love 5

Ok so I just watched again with my hubby this time (a casual “normal” viewer, not an over-analytical freak like myself;), and question for you all...do you think Cas looked sad like that at the end because he KNEW Michael would abscond with Dean even if they won the fight? He just couldn’t do anything to stop Dean, nor should he because he did it with Lucifer. That’s what I think. Cue Guilty!Cas. Oh the angst next season!

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, S Cook Productions said:

Ok so I just watched again with my hubby this time (a casual “normal” viewer, not an over-analytical freak like myself;), and question for you all...do you think Cas looked sad like that at the end because he KNEW Michael would abscond with Dean even if they won the fight? He just couldn’t do anything to stop Dean, nor should he because he did it with Lucifer. That’s what I think. Cue Guilty!Cas. Oh the angst next season!

In that final moment with Cas, I think he was convinced he'd lost all of them...Sam, Jack and Dean.  Not guilt, just despair.

• Love 6

Alt Bobby's crack about Trump and The Apprentice made no sense.  He just arrived in our world and was hearing about Trump for the first time.  What would he possibly know about The Apprentice?

The entrance of Dean the Archangel was supposed to be dramatic but felt kind of hokey to  me.

So Lucifer is finally dead.  Kind of a yawn.  I was expecting a bigger death than Dean simply stabbing him.

I liked the scenes with Jack struggling over his moral guilt.  I really liked the character this season, and his story made this one of the better seasons of the show.

I wonder how much of next season will be invested in getting Michael out of Dean's body.

10 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

In that final moment with Cas, I think he was convinced he'd lost all of them...Sam, Jack and Dean.  Not guilt, just despair.

I was thinking that there must have been time by that point for Sam to have called back to the bunker and tell Cas what happened, but on re-watching the scene, I think you're right. The small shake of his head to Mary and Not!Bobby as they run into the room seems like exactly what you said.

6 minutes ago, Dobian said:

I wonder how much of next season will be invested in getting Michael out of Dean's body.

Since we had half a season of Soulless Sam, I'd like to see as much time devoted to this. But unless they figure out a way to have Dean present somehow, I don't see it lasting even as long as Demon Dean did.

• Love 1

I think Cas knew that Michael would not honor the deal, it was inevitable really. Now I do not think he fully believed Lucifer was victorious and all three guys would be dead in that scene. It certainly would be a possibility but I don`t think a certainty for him. 

• Love 1

Very good episode but since i'm a Lucifer fan, I was saddened that he (once again) died though I bet he'll be back! And oh boy, Dean 2.0's glowing eyes shot looked pretty darn cheap but who cares.

Lucifer, Supernatural, Gotham and Ash Vs. Evil Dead are now on its way to the next seasons. Months to wait now.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Philip said:

Very good episode but since i'm a Lucifer fan, I was saddened that he (once again) died though I bet he'll be back! And oh boy, Dean 2.0's glowing eyes shot looked pretty darn cheap but who cares.

Lucifer, Supernatural, Gotham and Ash Vs. Evil Dead are now on its way to the next seasons. Months to wait now.

Was Lucifer renewed?

20 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Was Lucifer renewed?

Nope. From what I've read they were hoping that The CW would pick it up but Mark Pedowitz said that they aren't going to.

11 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

Nope. From what I've read they were hoping that The CW would pick it up but Mark Pedowitz said that they aren't going to.

That's too bad.  I know that show had lot's of fans.

3 hours ago, Dobian said:

Alt Bobby's crack about Trump and The Apprentice made no sense.  He just arrived in our world and was hearing about Trump for the first time.  What would he possibly know about The Apprentice?

AW somewhat paralleled our world, I thought- they could have had The Apprentice there before their apocalypse. If the timing is similar to season 5 of our world, I think The Apprentice was still on. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, MysteryGuest said:

The freeze frame ending didn't bother me, but the wire act didn't work, IMO.  

What?  You mean Jensen and Mark hanging like pinatas followed by shots of flailing legs, and the flying squirrel leap failed to convey a sense of menace?

• Love 5
On 5/17/2018 at 11:53 PM, Castiels Cat said:

He has never knowingly risked the world to do so.  AU Michael stated purpose is to save humanity by killing them one by one. 

Maybe.  It could be argued that he did risk the world by killing Death and unleashing the Darkness.  He was warned by Death what could happen, and in the end he couldn't kill Sam, so he killed Death.  

The more I think about your Apocalypse 2.0 theory the more I dread next season.  Lucifer comes back, Sam says yes for some dumbass reason, they end up in Detroit and bam it's over.  Nine seasons of fighting, blood and angst for nothing.  And (at least in my mind) it's all about Mary.  "Save mom" has become the newest battle cry that drives Dean, to make up for not being able to save her when he was four?  sigh.

(edited)

So Dean is one of the Peaky Blinders now?

I don't know if I should be relieved that the writers didn't go the Dean/Michael vs. Sam/Lucifer route, with Michael and Lucifer playing Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots using Dean and Sam.   That would have been annoying, but the ending they went with is annoying too.    I was hoping for a two-birds-with-one-stone ending, where both Lucifer and Michael get ganked.

I found it interesting that the show went meta by featuring Trump.   In previous episodes, namely the one where the President is possessed, the President was a fictional character.   Now the President in Sam and Dean's universe is the very same as ours.   How does that work?

Disappointing storyline aside, kudos to Jared and Jensen for giving us 110% every week.   After so many seasons, plenty of actors would be phoning in their performances.  Not these guys.  No matter how disillusioned I am with the weekly stories, the acting and the chemistry between Jared and Jensen keep me coming back.   I feel lucky we're getting another season, everything else be damned.

Maybe unpopular opinion, but I found Lucifer amusing.   A shame the writers couldn't find a decent balance between Lucifer's snark and malevolence.   

Edited by millennium
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, millennium said:

I found it interesting that the show went meta by featuring Trump.   In previous episodes, namely the one where the President is possessed, the President was a fictional character.   Now the President in Sam and Dean's universe is the very same as ours.   How does that work?

It doesn't work. They've made cracks about Cheney and Palin too, which I've always found to be low brow. I'm a Libertarian who has nothing good to say about either party, so I'm not personally offended by these jokes. I just find them lazy and low class.  After suggesting that Cheney is evil and sold his soul to Crowley (establishing parallel political leaders), I had a hard time buying President Jefferson in the first place, but then Kaia's talking about "Trump's America" and now this?  It's just more examples of the current writers ignoring canon because they're oh-so-clever.  "LOLZ! I said something bad about Trump. I'm so original!"

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MysteryGuest said:

The Apprentice was probably the cause of their apocalypse....

Legit laughed out loud (then cried a little cuz it'll probably be the cause of ours o_O)

It occurs to me that AU! Michael needed a whole angel army to rule the AU, and they still hadn't 'won'. Our Heaven is closed, with only a handful of angels left, according to Naomi. So either Michael will try to take seven billion people out one at a time, or he'll have to find a way to make more. I can't imagine the few that are left are eager to die for him. 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Legit laughed out loud (then cried a little cuz it'll probably be the cause of ours o_O)

It occurs to me that AU! Michael needed a whole angel army to rule the AU, and they still hadn't 'won'. Our Heaven is closed, with only a handful of angels left, according to Naomi. So either Michael will try to take seven billion people out one at a time, or he'll have to find a way to make more. I can't imagine the few that are left are eager to die for him. 

There's a whole bunch of demons with nothing to do and no one to lead them.   It almost worked for Lucifer (S5).

18 minutes ago, sarthaz said:

It doesn't work. They've made cracks about Cheney and Palin too, which I've always found to be low brow. I'm a Libertarian who has nothing good to say about either party, so I'm not personally offended by these jokes. I just find them lazy and low class.  After suggesting that Cheney is evil and sold his soul to Crowley (establishing parallel political leaders), I had a hard time buying President Jefferson in the first place, but then Kaia's talking about "Trump's America" and now this?  It's just more examples of the current writers ignoring canon because they're oh-so-clever.  "LOLZ! I said something bad about Trump. I'm so original!"

The first Trump reference was back in Season 7 when Charlie hacked an email that said Trump had a private plane waiting for Dick Roman. So canon-wise, he was working with the Leviathans!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Jeddah said:

The first Trump reference was back in Season 7 when Charlie hacked an email that said Trump had a private plane waiting for Dick Roman. So canon-wise, he was working with the Leviathans!

They made plenty of Obama references, too.  The anomaly was the fake president, and that's what didn't work for me.  

• Love 7