Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: What, Will, I, Have, Left

After learning how she can get Hayley back, Hope sets off on a dangerous mission to end the mess she started. Klaus turns to Caroline for help when he discovers Hope’s plan. Vincent and Freya clash over whether to let Declan in on New Orleans’s supernatural secrets.

Promo:

Well, I knew that was coming, but I think they did a decent job with Hayley's death. At least she went out like a badass, taking Greta with her. I didn't expect that to happen. Otherwise, a brave move by the show that'll impact multiple characters going forward.

Meh to the Klaroline stuff. It was alright and I don't hate them like I have for years since they first teased the couple on Vampire Diaries, but not a couple I'm interested in.

So, Elijah has cemented his choice by allowing Greta to kill Hayley. I'm sure that'll scar him once he figures his shit out. I do like that, for now, he genuinely isn't choosing his family first and considers Antoinette, and now Roman, as family. It's a nice change and a new perspective on Elijah. 

So, I guess we'll be seeing a lot more of rebellious Hope. I don't think Roman's going to fare well under Hope's wrath. Good thing he isn't human, though, or else I'd assume he'd be the sacrifice to trigger her werewolf side. 

Some good stuff with Freya/Vincent, and of course Declan is Cami's cousin, and that's the reason for Vincent not being honest. 

• Love 1

Sad about Hayley... But final season and all you figure somebody's gotta die... I'm holding my judgment of Elijah for next episode... All he knew he was doing was saving his girl's brother... Now if after hearing how Greta created this whole mess that ended with Hayley dying and hope almost dying.. He's still cold and mean towards his bio Fam.. Ima be pissed. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

Sad about Hayley... But final season and all you figure somebody's gotta die... I'm holding my judgment of Elijah for next episode... All he knew he was doing was saving his girl's brother... Now if after hearing how Greta created this whole mess that ended with Hayley dying and hope almost dying.. He's still cold and mean towards his bio Fam.. Ima be pissed. 

Yeah, I’m all for choosing those who want to be family over Blood relatives who treat you like dirt, but if he still acts like he wasn’t on the wrong side of what happened after he finds out, ima be pissed as well. 

• Love 4

Now, Im not of those people who are flipping because since Hayley has been part of the TO/TVD verse for 5 years she deserves some kind of safety net from death in the show’s final season. But damn that was a brutal way to go, being tortured, supernaturally violated, and then dying not knowing your daughter is completely safe. (Unless in that moment she thought Roman was on their side now?) regardless, damn. 

As others said, Vincent and Freya were cool. Yusuf is awesome but damn Vincent has grained my nerves. Look, man the Mikaelsons are obviously not innocent but Hope is a legit teenager, your obvious ill-will is annoying, and hypocritical, since he approves of Freya who sentenced Davina to death. Let’s also not forget you sentenced the city to a Super-Marcel years back, dumbass. 

Klaroline stuff was alright, handled much more subtlety than it was back in the day when it was just as insufferable as it’s vocal fan base. Remember when they had that petition to cancel this series before it started? Wonder how they think now. 

Don’t know what’s to come, really hope Klaus and Marcel go full evil as they can and rip whatever is left of the Nazi faction into pieces with their bare hands in Russo’s while passing the karaoke mic back n forth. 

Oh yeah, still salty we haven’t heard how Klaus or Rebekah feel about Stefan’s death, especially with Caroline and the SALVATORE SCHOOL around. Like they’ve brought him up in a flashback and Klaus doesn’t even mention how he had approved of Stefan and Rebekah. I know Plec hates the character but Jesus.  

Wow. So I have NEVER been a Haley fan. I felt nothing with her and Elijah and never bought that romance. I actively disliked her in VD but it moved to indifference in TO. I also think she's a terrible actress. That being said I think her mothering Hope over the years has made an impact or maybe "I've become accustomed to her face" because I actaually said out loud "oh Haley no." When I realized she was going to die. No tears mind you but I wasn't gleeful like I thought I'd be. (Like I was when Cami died). Well done show. 

Weird to see Elijah barely react to her death but I imagine it will wreck him when he of course eventually remebers who he is. 

I AM actually a Klaus/Caroline fan but found their scenes underwhelming. How disappointing. And where was she when Klaus finally found them? Bad use of Candace show.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, MissL said:

Wow. So I have NEVER been a Haley fan. I felt nothing with her and Elijah and never bought that romance. I actively disliked her in VD but it moved to indifference in TO. I also think she's a terrible actress. That being said I think her mothering Hope over the years has made an impact or maybe "I've become accustomed to her face" because I actaually said out loud "oh Haley no." When I realized she was going to die. No tears mind you but I wasn't gleeful like I thought I'd be. (Like I was when Cami died). Well done show. 

Weird to see Elijah barely react to her death but I imagine it will wreck him when he of course eventually remebers who he is. 

I AM actually a Klaus/Caroline fan but found their scenes underwhelming. How disappointing. And where was she when Klaus finally found them? Bad use of Candace show.

Think Elijah snapped her neck

I hated Haley and Elijah but them not being together was enough for me. I kind of feel sad they killed her off with Elijah still without his memories back. I don't know, it just doesn't feel right. So few episodes, so much angst to come.

5 hours ago, MissL said:

I was also happy when Cami died, a lot of people were upset but she really annoyed me! 

• Love 4

I liked the way Haley went out, she went out the way all mothers, if given the choice, would wanna go out, protecting her daughter. I knew her death was coming because I had seen the Leak but I also cried a little, I didn’t like her in the first couple seasons, particularly when she was with Jackson, but I really grew to like her, she became one of my favs. But we don’t know if she’s 100% dead, how many times have people been resurrected in these shows? 

This will destory Elijah, Atleast it better, If you think about it, if Elijah had his memories and his fiancé wasn’t using him, (I do think she loves him but also afraid of loosing him so she doesn’t care which family member he hurts, which makes her terrible.) Hayley would be alive today, he would have been able to stop Greta easily. If I hadn’t seen this death coming I would have been so shocked. Although I hate that in this season we only saw Hayley like twice and we havnt seen all the Mikaelsons except for the premiere which is saddening. Off with Romans Head in episode 7! 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, TaylorBruh25 said:

Now, Im not of those people who are flipping because since Hayley has been part of the TO/TVD verse for 5 years she deserves some kind of safety net from death in the show’s final season. But damn that was a brutal way to go, being tortured, supernaturally violated, and then dying not knowing your daughter is completely safe. (Unless in that moment she thought Roman was on their side now?) regardless, damn. 

As others said, Vincent and Freya were cool. Yusuf is awesome but damn Vincent has grained my nerves. Look, man the Mikaelsons are obviously not innocent but Hope is a legit teenager, your obvious ill-will is annoying, and hypocritical, since he approves of Freya who sentenced Davina to death. Let’s also not forget you sentenced the city to a Super-Marcel years back, dumbass. 

Klaroline stuff was alright, handled much more subtlety than it was back in the day when it was just as insufferable as it’s vocal fan base. Remember when they had that petition to cancel this series before it started? Wonder how they think now. 

Don’t know what’s to come, really hope Klaus and Marcel go full evil as they can and rip whatever is left of the Nazi faction into pieces with their bare hands in Russo’s while passing the karaoke mic back n forth. 

Oh yeah, still salty we haven’t heard how Klaus or Rebekah feel about Stefan’s death, especially with Caroline and the SALVATORE SCHOOL around. Like they’ve brought him up in a flashback and Klaus doesn’t even mention how he had approved of Stefan and Rebekah. I know Plec hates the character but Jesus.  

You could definitely tell she believed Hope was safe, which is why she wanted to take out Greta, she knew as long as Greta was alive, Hope wouldn’t be safe. Roman was cradling Hope and she knew Klaus was going to get up pretty soon. 

7 hours ago, TaylorBruh25 said:

Not to mention, he and his wife are the reason the hallow even started her comeback to begin with. He and his high horse get on my nerves more often than not.

I'm more upset over the fact that I'll never get to see Hope, Hayley, and Klaus in a scene together again. Or the fact that Klaus and Hayley didn't share a single line of diologue. I didn't ship them, but their struggles to co-parent Hope was one of the more interesting aspects of the show. Klaus going from hyper-protective "Only I can protect Hope!" to "No one else but Hayley" was a great progression. The best relationships on The Originals have always been the non-romantic ones (The Mikaelsons, Marcel and Davina, Josh and Davina, Klaus and Hayley, Cammi and Vincent, etc).

Caroline started to grate my nerves towards the end of my TVD watching days (I quit around season 5?), so I'm never excited to see her. Even less so since her involvement past letting Klaus know Hope was missing was pointless. Elijah snapped her neck and everyone forgot about her. 

If Hope and Klaus don't go on a father/daughter killing spree next episode, I'm gonna be pissed. Although, from the season 5 trailer, it looks like

Spoiler

Hope goes super witch and blows up the van disrupting her mother's funeral. So there's that

• Love 4

Gwen-Stacys I agree. I'm in the minority but Vincent gets on my nerves all the time. But what I agree with you most is that Klaus and Hayley didn't speak at all. I loved the progression of their friendship, it was cut off short. I wish they could at least I don't know acknowledge it, as cheesy as it sounds. They killed Haley way too early, before they got a chance to meet up again. All of them. It's heartbreaking. The rest of the show would be one huge angst-fest. I hated Elijah this episode. I'm proud that's how Haley went but still.. I'll miss her as a mother :(

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, tabularasa said:

Gwen-Stacys I agree. I'm in the minority but Vincent gets on my nerves all the time. But what I agree with you most is that Klaus and Hayley didn't speak at all. I loved the progression of their friendship, it was cut off short. I wish they could at least I don't know acknowledge it, as cheesy as it sounds. They killed Haley way too early, before they got a chance to meet up again. All of them. It's heartbreaking. The rest of the show would be one huge angst-fest. I hated Elijah this episode. I'm proud that's how Haley went but still.. I'll miss her as a mother :(

It makes me wonder if Phoebe Tonkin chose not to sign on for a full season and she only had three episodes where she could guest star in (I think she's still credited as a regular in the episodes she has appeared in). Otherwise, having Hayley missing since the premiere and then killing her off the episode that she's found sucks for the actress who has been a part of both the Vampire Diaries and this show. I'm not even a fan of Hayley and as much as I respect the way they killed her character off (way better than a lot of deaths I've seen on this show), there was probably a better way to handle it. 

• Love 1

Bye Haley.  While I didn't do a dance to celebrate your death like I did when Cami finally died, I won't miss you.  Although, I appreciate you going out like a bad ass and sacrificing yourself.  

So Hope has werewolf strength and vampire healing ability, but she doesn't have either of their super-hearing skills??  She was never very far away each time Roman made his phone calls.   

I can't with Klaus and Caroline.  

They dropped Cami's name several times during this episode....I hope that's not some foreshadowing that she'll be back in some way.  And of course the bartender had to be related to her.  How is he just dropping that info now?  Hasn't he been in town for a while?

I did agree with Vincent, though, that it wasn't Freya's place to tell the BF Haley's personal business.  I was surprised that he didn't know, but still, it's up to Haley (when she was alive and not kidnapped) to share with him when she was ready.  As I type this, I kind of get the feeling that already knows about all of them and is there for some sort of family revenge.  

• Love 2

So the first thing that Greta did after she escaped from New Orleans was fly straight to France? And she couldn't have called to ask Elijah to "save" Roman? A flight from New Orleans to Paris is over 10 hours long so she just wasted half a day because she insisted on asking Elijah in person. And Elijah had no questions about how Greta knew that Antoinette was engaged to a Mikaelson?

Klaus continues to be The Worst. First he blames Caroline for "losing" Hope, as if her job is to personally babysit his daughter while simultaneously keeping a leash on every kid at school. I don't care what precautions you take - if teenagers want to sneak off, they are going to do it (spoken as someone who snuck out of my parents' house all the time when I was in high school).

When Caroline tells him that her advanced tracking class is close to getting Hope's exact location, his response is to ask what they're supposed to do until then besides drink bad diner coffee? I'm sorry, Klaus, mastermind of every master plan, what is your suggestion? Just randomly go charging through the outskirts of New Orleans threatening and killing every person you see until you find Hope? I know that's his usual M.O. for getting what he wants, but yeah, waiting in the parking lot of a diner until you have an exact location DOES seem like a smarter plan than that.

Then he blames Caroline for making him feel FEELINGS. Yes, Caroline is obviously the person in the wrong here. How dare she suggest that you be an actual father to your own daughter? How dare she suggest that you have the occasional conversation with your own daughter instead of ignoring her existence?

The only thing I will blame Caroline for is not thinking to track Hope's phone until after her class couldn't find her.

I am not here for any of this Klaus/Caroline romance shit. I am also not here for Radiohead covers.

And WTF, Hayley? Now you're actively encouraging Hope to trigger her werewolf side? You want her to murder a human because running in the woods feels so freeing? After the two of them knocked out Roman and the witch, I didn't get why they acted like Hayley couldn't go outside. Get a blanket (see also: Spike on BtVS). Pull the jackets and shirts from Roman and the witch to cover whatever body parts (face, hands) weren't already covered by whatever she was wearing. Take off Roman's daylight ring. These all seem like better ideas than leaving Hayley behind. And why didn't Hope put some kind of spell on Roman and the witch as soon as they were knocked out? Like put them in a circle so they couldn't leave or magically bind them so they couldn't wake up and attack them while they were trying to leave. So many possibilities, none of which they decided to use.

Awww, I love Vincent and Freya' friendship so watching them fight made me sad. When Hayley/Hope showed up on the map, seeing Vincent and Freya triumphantly hold hands was so cute.

I was wondering why Greta was just holding Hayley against the wall and not killing her but of course it was for THE DRAMA. When Greta finally went in for the kill, I wondered why it was taking Hayley so long to die but of course that too was for THE DRAMA.

Seeing Hayley sacrifice herself to take out Greta reminded me of Darla staking herself to save Connor on AtS.

7 hours ago, Gwen-Stacys said:

The best relationships on The Originals have always been the non-romantic ones (The Mikaelsons, Marcel and Davina, Josh and Davina, Klaus and Hayley, Cammi and Vincent, etc).

ITA - the platonic friendships have been consistently good on this show. I guess it kind of makes up for the lame romance plots.

4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

It makes me wonder if Phoebe Tonkin chose not to sign on for a full season and she only had three episodes where she could guest star in (I think she's still credited as a regular in the episodes she has appeared in). Otherwise, having Hayley missing since the premiere and then killing her off the episode that she's found sucks for the actress who has been a part of both the Vampire Diaries and this show. I'm not even a fan of Hayley and as much as I respect the way they killed her character off (way better than a lot of deaths I've seen on this show), there was probably a better way to handle it. 

Based on her schedule (which was brought up in another thread), it seems like she asked not to be in every episode so that she could pursue other projects. She has been shooting other shows and is a brand ambassador for Chanel so she's been pretty busy. She also mentioned that she would like to move back to Australia so I think she was just ready for a change, and I can't blame her. She started on TVD in 2012 and then was a lead on TO for the first four seasons. That's a long time to play one character, especially when you're in your 20s. The year before she joined TVD, she was a lead on another CW series so she's been away from home for a pretty long time.

• Love 3

I'm disappointed that nothing in this episode justified or explained why the show thought they needed commas in between every word in the title.

One of my favorite things in this episode was Hayley pointing out that Klaus didn't do all those horrible things because he's a hybrid but because he's Klaus (unspoken: the unrepentant asshole who enjoys murdering people just for fun).

I don't understand Roman's rationalization that werewolves kill innocent people to trigger their curse but somehow vampires who feed on humans are okay. Sure, not all vampires kill their victims, but come on. Greta thinks vampires are the superior race. She thinks it's okay to kill hybrids like Henry. August slaughtered packs of werewolves, so how on earth did Roman think that Greta was just going to let Hayley and Hope go?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Take off Roman's daylight ring.

Yes, this! Are rings spelled to one particular vamp? I was screaming, get Roman's ring! at the TV. And OF COURSE Greta shows up at the door at that exact moment. Do these people have transporter beams or something? It's not just France to NO in no time flat, but also the apparent one-hour drive from Virginia to NO that someone does about once an episode. Who knew there was a wormhole in the south?

• Love 1
(edited)

Didn't Antoinette say that her family didn't approve of daylight activity? So they only use daylight rings when working for "the cause"?

Vincent is preachy but he's my favorite.  Does else value human life the way he does?  I don't understand how he and Freya can be friends, but its nice to see them hang out from time to time.

I hope we see Hayley in flashbacks that include at least one new-to-us moment of family togetherness.  I agree with everyone who said that it would have been better to have more of Hayley in the episode than just her tied up in the chair.   In the episode where Cami died, there were those 10 seconds where they showed stuff in her room that showed her interests and relationships with people, so we had a little recap of her New Orleans life.  Still, it was a noble death, and I hope its not the only major loss for this season, just so things feel more final.

The dialogue between Klaus and Caroline was nice but there was less chemistry there compared to other times.

This is turning out to be a really underwhelming last season. 

Edited by under the el
On 5/17/2018 at 4:41 PM, under the el said:

I'm reading it in a William Shatner voice.

Bahaha! I seriously about died laughing at this post and then of course I had to try it. I don't like this version of Elijah. 

Klaroline is my weakness. I loved Steroline starting back in S2 when Caroline first became a Vampire and Stephan was helping her adjust. I waited forever and when we finally got it i was so happy. However, in between BFF Steroline and Married Steroline there was Klaroline. Man the chemistry between Candice and Joseph is just off the hook. 

So i liked this episode a lot for many reasons. I loved the Klaroline stuff to bits. I loved the Haley/Hope/Roman stuff because it really add some emotion to the final scene. It's all so tragic the villain is dead but, at what cost?

I've never been a Haley fan and hated the Haley/Elijah star crossed lovers thing. However, i liked Mom Haley, her relationship with Hope really worked for me. I thought Haley's ending was fitting. She went out protecting her daughter, she sacrificed herself to make sure the threat to Hope was eliminated. I'm cool with that.

• Love 3
(edited)

Well that schmalzy scene between Hayley and Hope made no sense. Boytoy had a daylight ring. Hayley could have just taken that and they could have left. How was that not part of the plan in the first place?

It kinda makes it hard to root for these characters when all this and last episode they talk about the only downside of triggering the werewolf curse being the bone breaking. I mean never mind the human being you have to murder to trigger the curse, right? What's one more innocent with the millions of people they have slaughteres throughout history, afterall... At this point it really seems like they are all monsters and all deserve to die.

I also am a bit annoyed at the loose adherence to canon in this episode. The binding spell needed something seriously magically powerfull when Esther cast it on Klaus. She used a Dopplegänger. A big celestial event, like a solar eclipse or a comet probably would have worked too. But there seemed to be nothing of the sort here. Without that to bind the spell, it either shouldn't work or it should be easily broken. I guess we won't have opportunity to find out how easily or not Freya would have broken it.

Edited by Miles
On 5/31/2018 at 5:06 PM, Moxie Cat said:

Are rings spelled to one particular vamp?

Almost definitely. This is one of the oldest pieces of lore in the TVD universe. It comes up the first time we ever see Lexi, when she admires Stefan's ring and jokingly offers to trade for a mood ring - he says it doesn't work that way. I can't imagine he wouldn't let her borrow it once in a while and say something to that affect.

That being said, Hope should definitely know not only how to make a daylight ring, she should know how to depower one. If she did she could have reused Roman's ring for Haley. I feel like lapis lazuli is integral to the whole thing.

(Oh, just found this: http://vampirediaries.wikia.com/wiki/Daylight_Amulet)

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Miles said:

Well that schmalzy scene between Hayley and Hope made no sense. Boytoy had a daylight ring. Hayley could have just taken that and they could have left. How was that not part of the plan in the first place?

Daylight rings are spelled for specific vampires. 

• Love 1

Agree that at least Hayley went out protecting her child even though I never liked the character or the actress. Even though she may not have been able to use someone else's daylight ring she could have grabbed Roman's shirt or something to wrap herself in and escaped with her daughter. 

I never felt much for Declan other than he seems nice, now that I know he's related to Cami I had to fight an eyeroll. 

I actually don't mind Caroline at times, this was one off them. Always love to see Klaus called out on his shit. LOL

• Love 2
On 5/31/2018 at 8:06 PM, Moxie Cat said:

Yes, this! Are rings spelled to one particular vamp? I was screaming, get Roman's ring! at the TV. And OF COURSE Greta shows up at the door at that exact moment. Do these people have transporter beams or something? It's not just France to NO in no time flat, but also the apparent one-hour drive from Virginia to NO that someone does about once an episode. Who knew there was a wormhole in the south?

Yes, I thought that too but then I looked it up, each daylight ring is spelled to the vampire it was intended for.

Man, after watching this episode yesterday I have no words. Damn shame for Hayley. I guess I could have seen it coming, because the actress was absent for half a season give or take, but still. God damn. At least her character went down fighting for her daughter. Oh, man, Clause is going to kill Ellijah now (or at least send him to eternal slumber in a grave or whatnot), but first I guess he's going to kill off Elijah's loved ones as well I bet, if Hope does not talk sense in to him.

• Love 1
On 2018-06-03 at 7:28 AM, Miles said:

At this point it really seems like they are all monsters and all deserve to die.

Well, they are monsters more or less. The series does not try to state otherwise ;)

• Love 1

Inappropriate reactions:

1. Halijiah has well and truly sunk
  2. Favorite Uncle is one position Kol will never have to questio n

Honestly  I feel a bit cheated by Hayley's death as there's been several times I'd have enjoyed it and found her redundant (and irritating) for the majority of 4 seasons and now ... I finally see her death as a true lose/tragedy for Hope it's anticlimactic.

There's a deep appreciation for how Hayley's immortal death mimics her death after birthing Hope. Desperate for her daughter's safety and acknowledging and perhaps even trusting in Klaus' determination to do the same. Klaus helpless as he watches her die - again. Undeniably her last 'Elijah' as he acts against her was heartbreaking. 

That said Hayley's death occurring in the final season it's own disappointment, no Mikaelson death in TO (arguably including Finn's) has simply been accepted and I'd like to think that with more time Hayley would have been included in those drastic measures and denial.

My desire for Elijah to remember as fitting punishment highlighted the 2 glaringly obvious says to deal with all of amnesiac Elijah's interference - Marcel needs 30 seconds to compel him and nothing can convince me that anyone allowed those daggers to be lost with catastrophic/apocalyptic consequences of the siblings reuniting.

Anyone else upset that forgetting 'always&forever' literally erased Elijah's entire memory? I had hoped the compulsion would leave a fascinating collection of impaired and illogical memories 

On 5/31/2018 at 3:14 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Klaus continues to be The Worst. First he blames Caroline for "losing" Hope, as if her job is to personally babysit his daughter while simultaneously keeping a leash on every kid at school. I don't care what precautions you take - if teenagers want to sneak off, they are going to do it (spoken as someone who snuck out of my parents' house all the time when I was in high school).

Klaus gets unreasonable no doubt but I think blaming the administration when your 15 year old daughter disappears from school is a rather normal reaction for a parent. I'm rather curious why Roman though physically 17 in reality probably over 100 is accepted into the Salvatore school for gifted children but this series has never made sense concerning age gaps.

As for Klaus not being a real father... he's had little opportunity to be one not counting Hope as a baby just the few weeks when she was 7. Being forced away and into isolation and then Hope watching him kill doesn't excuse his total absence from Hope's life but it does make sense. Klaus was always terrified of being a father, of inflicting damage as Mikael did and regardless of Caroline brushing off Mikael as being 1000 years ago Mikael lived to haunt/hunt him for th e duration, factor in the realization of how he failed Marcel and the instability isolation would cause him & I'm tempted to think trusting Hayley to protect and raise Hope wasn't the worst choice even if his execution bordered unforgivable.

On 5/31/2018 at 5:22 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

One of my favorite things in this episode was Hayley pointing out that Klaus didn't do all those horrible things because he's a hybrid but because he's Klaus (unspoken: the unrepentant asshole who enjoys murdering people just for fun).

I don't understand Roman's rationalization that werewolves kill innocent people to trigger their curse but somehow vampires who feed on humans are okay. Sure, not all vampires kill their victims, but come on. Greta thinks vampires are the superior race. She thinks it's okay to kill hybrids like Henry. August slaughtered packs of werewolves, so how on earth did Roman think that Greta was just going to let Hayley and Hope go?

Indirectly, I think being a hybrid is largely behind  why Klaus became Klaus/commits such atrocities. Not the duel natures or the power associated but because he's only a hybrid because he's a bastard which caused endless damage.

I was just satisfied someone finally brought up the reality of the wolf curse after years of them judging vampires for eating. I suppose when it comes down to it no matter how unlikely vampires can exist without killing but to be a wolf you take a life.

Remember the loosely followed rule that vampires got stronger with age? Vamp Hayley is younger than Josh and she probably half starved if not poisoned and we saw Greta destroy Josh. 

• Love 1

Remember the loosely followed rule that vampires got stronger with age? Vamp Hayley is younger than Josh and she probably half starved if not poisoned and we saw Greta destroy Josh.

Not that much younger. Technically, Hayley became a Hybrid the same year Josh was turned, so they're the same age. Hayley's also more of a fighter than Josh (a highly motivated fighter, given her daughter's life hanging in the balance)and Greta was beating her. Hayley was dead regardless, Greta had her heart in her hand and already twisted it...Hayley's just a ruthless enough fighter (like Klaus; they've said all four seasons that Hayley and Klaus are as alike as they are different)that she was able to get the upper hand (no pun intended) long enough to take Greta with her.
12 hours ago, Gwen-Stacys said:

Not that much younger. Technically, Hayley became a Hybrid the same year Josh was turned, so they're the same age. Hayley's also more of a fighter than Josh (a highly motivated fighter, given her daughter's life hanging in the balance)and Greta was beating her. Hayley was dead regardless, Greta had her heart in her hand and already twisted it...Hayley's just a ruthless enough fighter (like Klaus; they've said all four seasons that Hayley and Klaus are as alike as they are different)that she was able to get the upper hand (no pun intended) long enough to take Greta with her.

Waita Greta killed josh?!! How’d I miss that?

So I'm rewatching The Originals on Netflix and this is probably a very unpopular opinion but I think that --- if you ignore continuity issues, and magical artifacts popping up with no explanation, this might be the strongest season of the show. It's definitely the only one that has moved me as much as it did and I think a lot of it has to do with Hope. She really is such a tragic figure. Like I remember how in the first 2 episodes, I was irritated that the show was - what I thought was - brushing aside Hope's responsibility for turning Henry, and the sh*tstorm that that heralds but boy oh boy, was I wrong. That girl paid. And paid. And paid for that. 

Still... if Klaus had vamp-sped to the House, Hayley would probably be alive. #Justsaying.

Vincent and Freya play off each other as either friendly ex-es or friends-with-benefits, and I can't decide on what. Like the entire conversation about Declan, and Vincent going from being against Freya telling him to agreeing with her....

F: So what made you change your mind?

V: I was talking to Ivy -

F: Oh! Oh, you listened to Ivy.

V: Stop it!

F: Stop what? No pray tell, what did the sweet, beautiful Ivy have to say?

It's such an endearing scene and you can read it either way.

49 minutes ago, ursula said:

Vincent and Freya play off each other as either friendly ex-es or friends-with-benefits, and I can't decide on what. Like the entire conversation about Declan, and Vincent going from being against Freya telling him to agreeing with her.

As a female who has had a male BFF more than once, I think they just sound like BFFs who know each other well enough to tease each other in a friensly but pointed way about whoever they’re currently dating!

On 8/11/2018 at 5:15 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

As a female who has had a male BFF more than once, I think they just sound like BFFs who know each other well enough to tease each other in a friensly but pointed way about whoever they’re currently dating!

:P I'm probably looking at it through shipper ? goggles.