Type keyword(s) to search

DCC Q&A: Mysteries of the DCC World

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, djd123 said:

I hope this question is not considered inappropriate by anyone, but I am extremely curious and can't help but ask.  @ShellyB, what do the girls do during... that time of the month? I avoid light-colored bottoms like the plague during that week, so the though of dancing and shaking all around in tiny white bottoms in front of hundreds of thousands of people seems terrifying. Surely someone in all the history of the uniform has fallen victim to an ill-timed visit from Aunt Flo? How is this prevented?

A lot of women that lean don't have regular cycles, but manipulate birth control to avoid periods. You either skip the placebo pills or get the 4x a year shot. The downside to this that toward the end of the shot cycle (or pills), you can bloat a lot more for few days. I presume most of the DCC do something like this. Pretty common for dancers, gymnasts, performers, etc.

(edited)
On 5/24/2017 at 1:32 PM, QuiteCalM said:

THIS. Kelli is a fucking bomb-ass baller boss lady. Nobody asked Iacocca why he didn't bow out gracefully because he was "no spring chicken".  Kelli's an executive. So is Judy. She and Judy have built reputations for excellence and that's hard to leave behind when you love what you do and people actually respect you for who you are and what you bring to the table. She's well-respected in her workplace and beyond. OH!! HAHA! #BEYOND! See what I did there?!?

To KF and JT: Play on playa.

Side note: I don't have first hand info on this, but I very much doubt that Shelly runs back to Kelli with a PTV message board report card because, who gives a crap. I'd bet that Kelli does the informing of structural changes within the DCC org, not the other way around. Just a guess.

I don't think ANYONE would run the squad better than Kelli, and I don't think her age should matter in any way.   She is not out there performing.

Edited by missmansfield
Wrong word
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

I don't think ANYONE would run the squad better than Kelli, and I don't think her age should matter in any way.   She is not out there performing.

giphy.gif

• Love 3
4 hours ago, djd123 said:

I hope this question is not considered inappropriate by anyone, but I am extremely curious and can't help but ask.  @ShellyB, what do the girls do during... that time of the month? I avoid light-colored bottoms like the plague during that week, so the though of dancing and shaking all around in tiny white bottoms in front of hundreds of thousands of people seems terrifying. Surely someone in all the history of the uniform has fallen victim to an ill-timed visit from Aunt Flo? How is this prevented?

They could easily take contraceptives that reduce the menses to 4 times a year or even annually!  Oh, yes Meredith only tried out twice.  No interview or focus for her in the first one but home visit etc with second tryout when she made it.  I remember she had such a romantic boyfriend who planned such an elaborate proposal with the help of some of her friends when she went to ?DC or NY to visit him.

On 6/4/2017 at 3:40 PM, bigskygirl said:

@ShellyB, did Meredith Oden try out two or three times? I thought I saw her in Season One, and of course Season Two when she made the team.

Tried out twice...made it on her second try. 

• Love 1
On 6/4/2017 at 3:28 PM, djd123 said:

?

• Love 1
On 6/6/2017 at 0:31 PM, ShellyB said:

?

We're not all that good of friends in here LOL. Let's let them keep some dignity behind the shorts! 

On 6/7/2017 at 2:29 PM, GingerJ said:

We're not all that good of friends in here LOL. Let's let them keep some dignity behind the shorts! 

Yeah, I mean, LOL....I guess we've all kind of wondered briefly, I know I have, but I just figure....they've got it handled LOL!

I *STILL* wonder what Brooke used to get a giant bottle of red gatorade out of her uni overseas lol! That takes some serious skill!

(edited)
1 hour ago, QuiteCalM said:

Yeah, I mean, LOL....I guess we've all kind of wondered briefly, I know I have, but I just figure....they've got it handled LOL!

I *STILL* wonder what Brooke used to get a giant bottle of red gatorade out of her uni overseas lol! That takes some serious skill!

OT: Maybe she just soaked it in cold water. Back in the 80s when I was 19 I used to drink Sloe Gin (sloe gin fizz, sloe screw) which is a very red colored drink. One time this guy knocked it over and it spilled on an off white top I was wearing. My mom told me to soak it in a bucket of cold water overnight. The next day it all came out of the top. I  did the exact same thing when my DD was little and slopped red kool-aid on a white t-shirt.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 3

@ShellyB, I have been curious about something for a while. I love dance and DCC and mostly the routines and choreography. In fact I study the steps from all angles and speed on youtube so I can do them too : ) By myself of course. I noticed that outside of the routines that carry on through the years, there are sequences and some are broken up and put back together and maybe changed up a bit. I also noticed through the show that many of these are named. Obviously sexy hips, but I picked up on tornado arms, bb, ax and a bat, scoop, peel the banana, ... many more. are all the steps named? What do they name a routine that is danced to many songs? Can you mention some of the steps that aren't on the show and I can see if I can figure what it is?  : )

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

@ShellyB, I have been curious about something for a while. I love dance and DCC and mostly the routines and choreography. In fact I study the steps from all angles and speed on youtube so I can do them too : ) By myself of course. I noticed that outside of the routines that carry on through the years, there are sequences and some are broken up and put back together and maybe changed up a bit. I also noticed through the show that many of these are named. Obviously sexy hips, but I picked up on tornado arms, bb, ax and a bat, scoop, peel the banana, ... many more. are all the steps named? What do they name a routine that is danced to many songs? Can you mention some of the steps that aren't on the show and I can see if I can figure what it is?  : )

Oh now that would be a fun web or social media poll - can you name the move?

• Love 3

Peel the banana, be the banana is a personal favorite of mine. 

Season 7 was when I first noticed that, when they learned the dance to wild ones, one of my favorites. It starts with sexy hips and then BB. Then they taught elbow L to someone on the news. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Peel the banana, be the banana is a personal favorite of mine. 

Season 7 was when I first noticed that, when they learned the dance to wild ones, one of my favorites. It starts with sexy hips and then BB. Then they taught elbow L to someone on the news. 

HAHAHAH!!! LOVE!!!

• Love 1

@ShellyB Do all the girls have to try out for Show Group even if they are not wanting to be a member of Show Group? Is Show Group tryouts considered to be a part of TC (judges look at how well the girls do in relations to making the team and being a possible member of Show Group?) Will you be one of the Show Group tryouts judges this year?

36 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

@ShellyB Do all the girls have to try out for Show Group even if they are not wanting to be a member of Show Group? Is Show Group tryouts considered to be a part of TC (judges look at how well the girls do in relations to making the team and being a possible member of Show Group?) Will you be one of the Show Group tryouts judges this year?

Yes!!! I have always wondered about whether or not SG tryout was required because a few are simply trainwrecks. Do the girls know when tryouts for SG are to prep?

If I remember correctly, when K and J called Danielle into the office and asked how she was doing, she talked about her job and bills. They asked if that's why she didn't try out for show group. So my understanding was that it was optional?

They called both of them in and asked about jobs, but they asked Carissa if she didn't want to be considered for show group because she was overwhelmed with training camp. She replied that she wanted to do it but wanted to be available as much as possible to work. She did it the next year. 

21 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

The dances themselves are named by the title of the song. If there are particular sections, usually 4 8s of a dance, the leaders will nickname a section. Specific steps are nicknamed because of the actual movement or what it resembles i.e. peel the banana, tornado arms & ax. Those can come from the choreographer or the girls. 

5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

They all go through the process, but are given the choice to be considered or not. It's a bigger commitment and some simply cannot do the extra rehearsals, travel, etc. due to school/work. Not sure who is judging this season. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ShellyB said:

The dances themselves are named by the title of the song. If there are particular sections, usually 4 8s of a dance, the leaders will nickname a section. Specific steps are nicknamed because of the actual movement or what it resembles i.e. peel the banana, tornado arms & ax. Those can come from the choreographer or the girls. 

LOL I have learned many of the routines by watching videos and I had to name some of dances because they did this one dance to so many songs over the years I call it the pac man dance after this one step. Any guesses out there???  Also this one may sound wierd but I call this one sequence ... spank the baby..  : )

2 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Spank the baby ??? is that the one where they just popped for two counts then swing their arm and hit their right arm on their right for three counts and then spin around? 

In this clip Nicole is demonstrating move about 4 and a half counts . I don't know why I just thought of someone at a hospital holding a baby up by the feet and spanking a few times to get a cry out????

y out????

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

In this clip Nicole is demonstrating move about 4 and a half counts . I don't know why I just thought of someone at a hospital holding a baby up by the feet and spanking a few times to get a cry out????

At one minute and 19 seconds Spank the baby..

17 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

y out????

Dear God, I'm so gay for Nicole. I don't mean "gay" in any other way than what it literally means. Like, I'll tell my husband to file, let's go house hunting, we'll register at Target and Super Liquor Warehouse, you can bring your baby, you can share your workout playlists with me, I don't like folding laundry, what kind of dog should we get, should we name him Murphy, you'll learn to love me....GAY. I am full on girl crush in love with her.

I wish so hard that they'd do a Dolphins MTT. Why the hell WOULDN'T they?! They are two former DCCs! They could incorporate coaching from K&J&K to tie the franchises together in a few cheesy segments at first. ShellyB, all you have to do is "like" this if this is somehow on the table. It'll be our secret.....

• Love 6

???? I see why you call it spank the baby. I don't know what to call that move. I think I would just call it spank. I laughed so hard when I saw the actual move and I need a few minutes here at work to recover. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Looks like the top from the Halloween costume. 

EXACTLY what I thought!! But I had to ask because I don't know if the fabric is that different from 1998. I looked at the group pic and it certainly doesn't look like that in the pic, but I suppose the texture and finish could change up close? Pity the fool that buys that if it's fake... 300 clams.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

Ummmm....not no, but heck no! 

Wrong material, and our blouses don't have brand tags, as they are custom made. 

Click through all three pics. The tag has our logo, which was used for licensing  with Rubies, the manufacturer of the Halloween costume. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 5
Just now, ShellyB said:

Ummmm....not no, but heck no! 

Wrong material, and our blouses don't have brand tags, as they are custom made. 

Hahaha! Thanks woman! We all figured as much... 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

EXACTLY what I thought!! But I had to ask because I don't know if the fabric is that different from 1998. I looked at the group pic and it certainly doesn't look like that in the pic, but I suppose the texture and finish could change up close? Pity the fool that buys that if it's fake... 300 clams.

According to a People article:

"We bought blue and white fabric in bulk in the 70s," reveals Finglass of the original uniforms. "We’re still using original bolts of white fabric! The blue we’ve had to source once since."

http://people.com/style/the-history-of-the-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-look/the-experts

• Love 3
Just now, AnnMichele said:

According to a People article:

"We bought blue and white fabric in bulk in the 70s," reveals Finglass of the original uniforms. "We’re still using original bolts of white fabric! The blue we’ve had to source once since."

http://people.com/style/the-history-of-the-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-look/the-experts

I knew about the white fabric, but I forgot about the blue. This top is so clearly a Halloween costume. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ShellyB said:

our blouses don't have brand tags, as they are custom made. 

Which reminds me...I recall in a past season a vet being called out for weight gain & her prior seasons' shorts didn't fit.  I swear Kelli said something about them already being a "large".  Did I mishear that?  Or did Kelli mean they were the largest sized ones that were made that year?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Which reminds me...I recall in a past season a vet being called out for weight gain & her prior seasons' shorts didn't fit.  I swear Kelli said something about them already being a "large".  Did I mishear that?  Or did Kelli mean they were the largest sized ones that were made that year?

Meagan Sharp in Season 5 had to go up two short sizes according to Kelli when the vets and Stephanie was called into the office for weight issues.

Just now, bigskygirl said:

Meagan Sharp in Season 5 had to go up two short sizes according to Kelli when the vets and Stephanie was called into the office for weight issues.

Yeah, thanks, that's what I'm thinking about!  For those with a better memory, did Kelli say they were a "large"?

(edited)
22 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Yeah, thanks, that's what I'm thinking about!  For those with a better memory, did Kelli say they were a "large"?

Yes. I think they make the shorts in three or four basic sizes, just without the hems done, and then they tailor them to the girls' bodies from there.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Unbelievable that someone would try to pass this off as official uniform piece and they listed it as a used item. Shame!

Yeah, I can't imagine anyone actually purchasing this thing. 

• Love 1

One thing that always made me sad was the woman on Oprah (who was plus sized) and her dream was to dance with the DCC.  Instead of making her a custom uniform or something similar, they put her in the Halloween costume to perform with the team!!! 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

One thing that always made me sad was the woman on Oprah (who was plus sized) and her dream was to dance with the DCC.  Instead of making her a custom uniform or something similar, they put her in the Halloween costume to perform with the team!!! 

I'm not saying this to be mean, but would she have fit the uniform? Lord knows I wouldn't, so not trying to throw shade. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Tootie said:

She already had that "halloween costume."

Are you saying it wasn't the Halloween costume? Not sure what the " " mean. 

I'm sure she wouldn't have fit a regular uniform but they do have a seamstress and it was the Oprah show!

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

I'm not saying this to be mean, but would she have fit the uniform? Lord knows I wouldn't, so not trying to throw shade. 

Yeah definitely not. They only make the uniforms up to a certain size. They would have had to make her a custom uniform from scratch, which is not something they would have wanted (or needed in my opinion) to do. Personally I would need about four uniforms to cover my body. One blouse for each boob and so on. I'll spare you the rest of the details.

• Love 4
(edited)
8 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

Not only does that blouse look nothing like the original...how would this seller even have an "official" top?!   Hopefully a buyer would research the cost ($300, really now?) and see that no uniforms are ever kept by cheerleaders once they are retired or cut.  I don't think any real DCC fan would ever be suckered into that ridiculousness. 

P.S. That seller should be ashamed of themselves.  That's such an asshole thing to do. 

Edited by Ante
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, QuiteCalM said:

I mean, if Meagan Sharp was a large?  Yeah, not much hope for us regular folk!

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, RhiRhi said:

You're thinking of the Good Morning America segment that was aired on a previous season of MTT. Ali Wentworth danced with the cheerleaders on Oprah (when Oprah went to the Texas state fair and was introduced to fried butter), but Ali is nowhere near plus size. 

Edited by AnnMichele
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

You're thinking of the Good Morning America segment that was aired on a previous season of MTT. Ali Wentworth danced with the cheerleaders on Oprah (when Oprah went to the Texas state fair and was introduced to fried butter), but Ali is nowhere near plus size. 

I'm vaguely recalling another segment, might not have been on Oprah, where the DCC let a more plus sized African American woman do a "DCC for a Day" type thing. It might have been a morning news show type thing.

56 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

No, there was a different segment about a fan up north (I want to say Chicago?) who dreamed of being a DCC. She's the one that had her own costume.  I remember she actually did pretty good!  It was also during the time Meredith was there.