Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

Here's what I've discovered so far about the Training Camp candidates:  Alanna Tarango took her Instagram private; I couldn't find Amber McMillan's Instagram (I tried using the one listed on the Finalists page here at PTV); Jasmin Marie just got engaged; Malena took her Instagram private; and Taylor Tauss's Instagram is no longer private (even though it was marked private on the list on the Finalists page here at PTV). Of the vets: Heather O's Instagram is no longer private; and Tess took her Instagram private.

I was trying to deduce from the Instagram pages who might have been the first cut, but really didn't come up with anything solid.  If there was anything on Instagram Stories over the weekend, I would have missed it.  If there's anything on Twitter, Facebook or other social media, I don't know about it.  I did try to look through all the girls Instagram and, if there's nothing mentioned, than nothing has really changed (though something might have and I just missed it).  I suspect that Alanna's still in camp but Amber or Taylor might have been the one cut and just haven't posted it.  That's just a supposition based on whether or not I could find a girl's Instagram using the list provided, if their account was private but isn't not, or was not private but is now.  There have been no posts on Instagram to prove me right or wrong so we'll see what happens.

• Love 2
(edited)
28 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Just a short video Jay just posted.

I really hope that Madeline makes it. I see in the second pic that Victoria is going to be in this scene, it its shown on CMT. Just to clarify, I want VK to make the team, so that was not me throwing shade. The camera guy on the 3rd pic is right in her face. 

Wondering why Kashara a Maddie are the only Vets there (well that we can see), do you think they got a WW - Weight Warning?

Edited by DCCFAN71
(edited)
1 hour ago, Kayce said:

I grew up on a farm and live in KY. Simply stated,  Kentucky law states that DRUNK driving is illegal “anywhere in this state.” (Ky. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 189A.010(1).)  KEY word being "DRUNK".  He is obviously NOT drunk.  Driving on private land with a beer in hand is one thing, it's like driving after you have had a beer or a glass of wine with dinner and then driven home...NOW driving schnockered on a tractor in the field, could possibly get you arrested.  That is the extent to what I know about that, since I don't really drink OR drive tractors.  :) 

Girl I’m from Texas! So many people do this down here on private land. He doesn’t look schnockered. I don’t drive tractors either, ? but grew up in a suburb that was close to the country. Lots of farmland. Knew so many people that did this! Underage! At least her BF is legal?! It would be so much worse if they were underage.

anyhoo, this will get posted to death, I said my peace... I’ll move on!!!!

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 7
(edited)
23 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Doesn’t Kasharas boyfriend live in Oklahoma? Or is from Oklahoma?

12 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Girl I’m from Texas! So many people do this down here on private land. He doesn’t look schnockered. I don’t drive tractors either, ? but grew up in a suburb that was close to the country. Lots of farmland. Knew so many people that did this! Underage! At least her BF is legal?! It would be so much worse if they were underage.

anyhoo, this will get posted to death, I said my peace... I’ll move on!!!!

lol... at least no one is talking about the lawsuit :)  I used  to have a beer when riding horses ...wonder if that's drinking and riding ??

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I really hope that Madeline makes it. I see in the second pic that Victoria is going to be in this scene, it its shown on CMT. Just to clarify, I want VK to make the team, so that was not me throwing shade. The camera guy on the 3rd pic is right in her face. 

Wondering why Kashara a Maddie are the only Vets there (well that we can see), do you think they got a WW - Weight Warning?

My guess is that they are there to represent the vets since they are group leaders, and they probably don't need all four leaders. Most of the exercises people pair up so it makes sense only having two to me.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Did no one see Jason London get run over by a tractor in The Man in the Moon??  ;)

I did!!!!  Loved that movie.

Regarding the tractor talk, I wonder if K&J read these posts and just laugh their a** off at our opinions, arguments, misconceptions.  

And I'm sorry if I missed a post on it, but do we know who got cut?  

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Regarding the tractor talk, I wonder if K&J read these posts and just laugh their a** off at our opinions, arguments, misconceptions.  

Me too.  It was a great coming of age film.

As for the tractor talk, I'm abstaining. ;)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Kayce said:

lol... at least no one is talking about the lawsuit :)  I used  to have a beer when riding horses ...wonder if that's drinking and riding ??

Someone in Montana got arrested last month for riding a horse while drunk (cannot remember what the charges were.) And here in Montana where the humans are out numbered by the cows 4 to 1 especially during breeding and calving seasons (had to throw the fact in because I actually had people ask me if people really live in Montana,) a person can drive their tractor on their private land while drinking, but they strongly do not think it is a good idea because someone can get hurt. The one thing that can drive someone crazy in Montana (sorry bad pun) is the fact how slow tractors can go and having to wait to be able to safely go around them (of course people have gotten impatient and bad things can happen because of it.)

In the case of KaShara, I do remember Kelli telling the girls more than once about being careful what you post on your social media pages because it can bite you in the behind if the wrong people see it. I remember in Season 6? where she said your pictures of holding a drink in your hand is not as cute as you seem to think it is. In otherwords, Facebook is not your friend, but instagram is probably not your friend either.

Listen it’s not illegal to sleep with football players either.  Or to gain weight. But they are mortal sins in DCC land. 

Man I shocked drinking and driving on anything anywhere isn’t a big deal, I guess not particularly given the circumstances. None of that justifies just how dumb she is posting it.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

And I'm sorry if I missed a post on it, but do we know who got cut?  

Man in the Moon- Reese Witherspoon debut!

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

Listen it’s not illegal to sleep with football players either.  Or to gain weight. But they are mortal sins in DCC land. 

Man I shocked drinking and driving on anything anywhere isn’t a big deal, I guess not particularly given the circumstances. None of that justifies just how dumb she is posting it.

Sleeping with players and drinking on the job a la Jenna, Holly, and Erica is a worse dcc sin.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, WichitaStateShock said:

Sleeping with players and drinking on the job a la Jenna, Holly, and Erica is a worse dcc sin.

I think we probably all agree that in the eyes of K&J&C, it's worse, the question is why? In the case of consensual sex with players, these people are adults and thats behavior that's off the clock as much as riding in a tractor with a boyfriend who is drinking. I can see an argument that they're trying to avoid sexual assault allegations, but if that's the case, it shouldn't be one-sided (ie. you don't hear of policies that forbid college students from sleeping with professors, while the professors are simultaneously given the green light). Personally, I don't think any of these things are a huge deal, and at the end of the day, they all agreed to follow the rules, but the DCC priorities are definitely questionable.

12 hours ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

I love Kash, I think her and her bf are adorable, and growing up in that type of environment, by the age of however old he is, driving a tractor (especially in his profession and I’m assuming that’s his own land) is second nature when driving a tractor of that size. Lol, I guess it’s becuase I grew up in that type of lifestyle, I honestly didn’t think anything of it. ??

I live in WI, another backwoods, backward, podunk area. I lived in the middle of the country, farm lands everywhere as my neighbors. I cannot think of a single farmer who hasn't had a cold beer, on the tractor, listening to the Brewers on a hot day. It's not that big of deal, they are likely on their own (or someone they know) land. 

• Love 9
59 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I think we probably all agree that in the eyes of K&J&C, it's worse, the question is why? In the case of consensual sex with players, these people are adults and thats behavior that's off the clock as much as riding in a tractor with a boyfriend who is drinking. I can see an argument that they're trying to avoid sexual assault allegations, but if that's the case, it shouldn't be one-sided (ie. you don't hear of policies that forbid college students from sleeping with professors, while the professors are simultaneously given the green light). Personally, I don't think any of these things are a huge deal, and at the end of the day, they all agreed to follow the rules, but the DCC priorities are definitely questionable.

The reason why doesn't matter. They sign a contract agreeing not to do it. If someone thinks the rules are questionable, they don't have to be on the team. And DCC is all about their public image, the chance of a temporary Instagram story post impacting their image is slim to none so they have no reason to be concerned about it.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, lizzi6692 said:

The reason why doesn't matter. They sign a contract agreeing not to do it. If someone thinks the rules are questionable, they don't have to be on the team. And DCC is all about their public image, the chance of a temporary Instagram story post impacting their image is slim to none so they have no reason to be concerned about it.

Stating that someone should follow a policy that they agreed (which I agree with) and questioning why a policy in in place are not contradictory. It's certainly a matter of perspective though. I'm not a "be quiet and just follow the rules and don't ask questions type of person." Never have been, and I'm sure my old Catholic school teachers secretly couldn't stand me because I was relentless in questioning why the church maintained certain teachings. I believe authority figures who set policies and the reasoning behind those policies should always be questioned, no matter important it is in the grand scheme of themes, which the DCCs are certainly not important given all the other issues in the country today. 

I'll move on though. Ultimately I think the issues with pro cheerleading, many of which are contradictory and sexist, will sort itself out given all the current controversy. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Ultimately I think the issues with pro cheerleading, many of which are contradictory and sexist, will sort itself out given all the current controversy. 

I think with all the current controversy, more and more squads will disband.

• Love 8
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I think so as well.  

Or at least become co ed. These dance teams are kind of antiquated. I love the dance aspect but football teams like the Steelers have survived without having dancers.

Edited by ElenaFR
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I think with all the current controversy, more and more squads will disband.

Definitely. I think the high visibility teams like the Laker Girls and the DCCs will stay, but otherwise, I wouldn’t be suprised to see a bunch of team scale back and/or cut the cheerleaders all together. It’s not like they’re really needed for halftime entertainment (teams can always pay a college team or local dance company to perform for a game), and I don’t think there would be an uproar if cheerleaders weren’t on the sidelines.

At the last Falcons game I went to last year, it didn’t seem like anyone around us other than me was paying any attention to the Falcons cheerleaders. My husband didn’t look up from his phone when they did their performance between the third and fourth quarter lol.

• Love 4
On 6/18/2018 at 8:32 AM, Lolfordays said:

I would imagine it’s illegal

It is very illegal.

On 6/18/2018 at 9:25 AM, Stagecoach said:

I know what you mean Kayce. I'm from Podunk Ohio myself. I didn't see the pic so I'm not sure but I don't have an issue with it. Maybe in retrospect ( I realize that's a big word for a hayseed like me) it wasn't the smartest choice but I don't know if it was in a field or on the road and if he was actually drinking a beer or it was staged for the photo which in my opinion makes a difference.. I do find it a little ironic that it says a tractor or something similar and the very next line calls Kashara dumb.

I believe she was calling her dumb for riding on any moving object with someone who is drinking.  FYI it is illegal to drive any moving vehicle (even a bike) while drunk.  It is also illegal to have an open beer on said vehicle.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, DCCFAN71 said:

IIRC, they usually have a few vets attend the training camp events. I remember Lacey and a few others going to Jay's workout sessions with TCCs.

(edited)
35 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Definitely. I think the high visibility teams like the Laker Girls and the DCCs will stay, but otherwise, I wouldn’t be suprised to see a bunch of team scale back and/or cut the cheerleaders all together. It’s not like they’re really needed for halftime entertainment (teams can always pay a college team or local dance company to perform for a game), and I don’t think there would be an uproar if cheerleaders weren’t on the sidelines.

At the last Falcons game I went to last year, it didn’t seem like anyone around us other than me was paying any attention to the Falcons cheerleaders. My husband didn’t look up from his phone when they did their performance between the third and fourth quarter lol.

Because in the ATL - no one cares (fellow ATL-er here).  If I asked the dozens of season ticket holders I know to name one cheerleader or describe their uniforms they wouldn't be able to.  I heard someone recently say "they just grab a few pole dancers from the clubs".  I think that is an overstatement, but it kind of reflects the general attitude I've always heard.

Edited by Opine
spelling :)
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

It’s the same for the Houston Texans cheerleaders. No one even pays attention to them. And when they do dance, they’re pretty bad. 

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, Bennie said:

Travis Wall as guest choreographer!  Thanks for the Insta info Lauren!

I don’t think Travis is actually there. Her post seems more like she’s just learning it on her own 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Can't stand bible quotes and how they apply to cheerleading. Like God really has time to make sure your DCC dreams come true. That's all. -insert miranda priestly gif here-

Right. Like, imagine being in a Texas at this moment, and thinking god’s focus and priority is DCC. That is a pretty astounding lack of awareness.

• Love 9
(edited)
50 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

I don’t think Travis is actually there. Her post seems more like she’s just learning it on her own 

Oh wow.  Looks like Travis was there.  Very cool.

shellybramhall_34858018_177822562892038_2308768259899392000_n.jpg

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

It’s the same for the Houston Texans cheerleaders. No one even pays attention to them. And when they do dance, they’re pretty bad. 

Really?  LOL I thought they were SO selective!  Unless it's about looks rather than talent.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I also don't believe that these girls (at least the ones who have a real relationship with God) actually believe that His number 1 priority is them getting onto a cheerleading squad or that it SHOULD be His number 1 priority.  

And I would add that many people believe that God is omnipresent (at everywhere at all times), and doesn’t operate like humans, who only have a finite amount of time, energy, or resources. Therefore, while somethings are more important than others, God caring about them making DCC doesn’t take away from him caring about the children on the border being ripped from their parents.

Personally, I view religion as a private thing, and I’m always suspicious of people who flaunt it a lot. I’ve just seen and been around too many “Sunday Christians” who are utterly nasty as soon as they step out of  the church or stop quoting the Bible. But hey...to each his own!

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

This is MY personal thought process on this.   I realize I am the odd person out, which I'm fine with lol  We are all entitled to our opinions. :) 

Getting back on track, SO excited about Travis Wall!! I absolutely LOVE his choreography!! I always enjoy seeing who they bring in to teach combos! 

You are definitely entitled to your opinion.  Spirituality is a very personal journey.  Some choose different paths than others.  Some choose nothing at all.  The important thing is finding what works for you.  Only you can do that.

Back to Travis:  I love his work!  So much creativity. I'd offer to be his water girl just to have the opportunity to be present while he's creating a piece of choreography.  It would be fascinating to watch his work process.

Edited by go4luca
clarification
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Bennie said:

Travis Wall as guest choreographer!  Thanks for the Insta info Lauren!

Oh my, he is extremely amazing and  intense/fierce with his choreography .  I would be VERY suprised to see  how well amy will be able to give his choreography any quality ....unless he was asked to tone it down .  

• Love 4
(edited)

Laurenbrook, You are not alone, and not odd person out. There are some who believe and some who don’t, but people should be able to post what they want on their own instagrams.

God is big enough to care about all things, and the most mundane thing can lead to something incredible. Praying is for us to be closer to God. 

Travis Wall’s choreography is awesome!!  So happy for the TC they got this experience!

Edited by Jesslyn
Can’t write man. Lol.
  • Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

delete

So...NO CUTS YET???!!! LOL. I'm dying for some intel over here...

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

I guess it depends on your view of God.  Personally, I believe He cares about the desires of our hearts, no matter how silly they may seem to others.  I also don't believe that these girls (at least the ones who have a real relationship with God) actually believe that His number 1 priority is them getting onto a cheerleading squad or that it SHOULD be His number 1 priority.  When you believe that God has a purpose for your life and you feel like part of it could be who you get to inspire/meet/impact/etc. *through* a certain opportunity...well, I don't see anything wrong with praying for his guidance and for strength to get through some mentally and physically difficult situations. 

This is MY personal thought process on this.   I realize I am the odd person out, which I'm fine with lol  We are all entitled to our opinions. :) 

Getting back on track, SO excited about Travis Wall!! I absolutely LOVE his choreography!! I always enjoy seeing who they bring in to teach combos! 

I agree 110%. 

1 hour ago, ShellyB said:

Not odd for those with a personal relationship with God...to each their own. 

Exactly. 

• Love 2