Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Cheerocracy said:

Way to young to have a muffin top. Dancers her age should have the metabolism of a hummingbird.

I’m not saying this is the case for either of them, but I’ve known quite a few dancers who were always thin to skinny who gained weight between 17 and 19 and went back to being thin in their early 20’s. Sometimes it’s just a hormonal adjustment that happens to some women. I agree, if you’re dancing every day and eating healthy and have access/can afford a pro trainer, it probably wouldn’t happen. Some girls are just shocked when all their lives they didn’t have to worry about weight, didn’t have to really do anything to look great,  and then BAAAAMMM. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Jesslyn said:

I’m not saying this is the case for either of them, but I’ve known quite a few dancers who were always thin to skinny who gained weight between 17 and 19 and went back to being thin in their early 20’s. Sometimes it’s just a hormonal adjustment that happens to some women. I agree, if you’re dancing every day and eating healthy and have access/can afford a pro trainer, it probably wouldn’t happen. Some girls are just shocked when all their lives they didn’t have to worry about weight, didn’t have to really do anything to look great,  and then BAAAAMMM. 

Got it.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Cody701 said:

I hope Hannah makes it. She looks like a mix of Emma Stone and Lindsay Lohan?

She is very pretty, love her hair color!!  Would like to get to see her dance. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Those girls who need to lean out need to watch everything they put in their mouth. One of my friend was a TCC in 2012 and she was at a bbq with a mutual friend. They tried to get her to eat a burger. She ate fruit and raw veggies and no alcohol. She’s built like Dayton. It’s all in what you eat. You cannot out train a bad diet. These young girls don’t get that. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 11
12 minutes ago, Tootie said:

I think our final TCC (row 1 #8) is @ashlee_nobanks .  Her IG is private but I think her name is Ashlee Ford ~ she went to LA Tech.

2018-05-12 (6).png

Ashlee Nobanks~1.jpg

Ashlee Ford 1.jpg

I hope she makes It, but at the same time she is built similar to Keyra?. 

11 minutes ago, Cheerocracy said:

Off topic. I'm curious. the DCCs in the American Woman video that they play at game opening on the jumbo tron, what season are they from? And what are their names?

Holly - 2011-14 (4 yrs)

Danielle - 2012-16 (5 yrs)

Jacie - 2012-15 (4 yrs) 

Kinzie - 2012-15 (4 yrs)

Lacey - 2013 - Present (Starting 5th yr)

Rachel - 2013-15 (3 yrs)

Amy T. - 2015-16 (2 yrs)

• Love 1
1 minute ago, CowboysFanatic said:

Holly - 2011-14 (4 yrs)

Jacie - 2012-15 (4 yrs) 

Kinzie - 2012-15 (4 yrs)

Rachel - 2013-15 (3 yrs)

Amy T. - 2015-16 (2 yrs)

I noticed Lacey. They are all GORGEOUS!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, CowboysFanatic said:

Holly - 2011-14 (4 yrs)

Jacie - 2012-15 (4 yrs) 

Kinzie - 2012-15 (4 yrs)

Rachel - 2013-15 (3 yrs)

Amy T. - 2015-16 (2 yrs)

Holly was on the team for 5 years?.

1 hour ago, Cody701 said:

4 former Jets cheerleaders this year?. 

That seems to be the one NFL team that's had the most former cheerleaders audition and/or make the DCC. 

• Love 1

whew, just read through this whole thread and I'm tired now lol.  Thanks to everyone who posted about who made it and who got cut.

- very bummed about Keyra, i really liked her

- I think Dayton is stunning and hope she brings it at camp

- never understood the Brennan love, just like I never understood the Kyndall love, or the Courtney Johnson love. They just don't quite have it for me. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

That seems to be the one NFL team that's had the most former cheerleaders audition and/or make the DCC. 

Well it makes sense with them having a former DCC as a director. 

1 minute ago, Cheerocracy said:

Hypothetically, if they were to redo the video, with the current roster (before retirements), what 7 would you choose ... IMO - Maggie, Tasha, Kelsey, Stephanie, Robbin, Molly, and Jenna.

Maggie, Tasha, Kelsey, Robin, Khalyn, Stephanie, and Alexis

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Cody701 said:

Well it makes sense with them having a former DCC as a director. 

Maggie, Tasha, Kelsey, Robin, Khalyn, Stephanie, and Alexis

Rachel, Molly, and Alexis are triplets. The difference for me is that Molly has those bright green eyes.

• Love 1
(edited)

Thanks to everyone's eagle eyes and impressive detective work, you've managed to put the whole list together in less than 24 hours! Impressive!

I pulled everything together and added their known affiliations and posted it in the "List" thread. Maybe the mods will pin it so it's easy to check as we go through this season of the show. Whoever did the grid of the headshots - that would be great to have in the list thread too. :-)

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, sleepyjean said:

Thanks to everyone's eagle eyes and impressive detective work, you've managed to put the whole list together in less than 24 hours! Impressive!

I pulled everything together and added their known affiliations and posted it in the "List" thread. Maybe the mods will pin it so it's easy to check as we go through this season of the show. Whoever did the grid of the headshots - that would be great to have in the list thread too. :-)

If this was a school project you would be that one student who does all the work. Good job and thank you!

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Cheerocracy said:

If this was a school project you would be that one student who does all the work. Good job and thank you!

I'm just the one who took it to Kinko's for a laminated cover and fancy binding. Everyone else is doing the heavy lifting. ;-)

• Love 12
2 hours ago, TinyHands said:

Does anyone else feel ridiculous that you are this invested in this? I have no explanation other than the show sucked me in in Season 2. 

I clearly have no life ???

• Love 16
18 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

Barf X 100.

At least Barf x 100. Between her and Brennan, I will need a barf bucket on standby. I'm thinking of doing a shot every time one of them whines "I'm working SO hard!" "I just want this SO  bad!" Blech. And I was a big fan of Keyra, I thought she was funny and a good dancer. 

I am actually very interested to see VK. I make my own judgements on people and I'm wondering if I will enjoy her. I ADORE her mom, I think Tina and I would get along great. I would love to go out with Tina and Kitty #dreamdate 

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Cheerocracy said:

Hypothetically, if they were to redo the video, with the current roster (before retirements), what 7 would you choose ... IMO - Maggie, Tasha, Kelsey, Stephanie, Robbin, Molly, and Jenna.

Robyn, Heather, Bess, Yuko, Savannah, Simone, Lexie

8 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

God, those hooker shoes are bad!

Her legs are very short in relationship to her torso...bleech.

Starting to get caught up on this thread now.

From pics so far, I think VK has a really pretty face.  Looks like a DCC to me.

Never thought Keyra should have made it last year, so no surprise to me that she is gone.   Selina was on borrowed time for the past year and a half - surprised they didn’t tell her not to come back (or maybe they did).

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Kayce said:

They took Meghan Flaherty to TC (rest in peace) three times. She let them have it when they cut her the third time. 

One of my favorite cut scenes of all time! I was highly amused with her clap back. And she was right. 

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, mcmrdh said:

I clearly have no life ???

Cheer Idol.

10 minutes ago, TinyHands said:

Here’s who I’m cutting based on nothing but this picture and little to no knowledge of their dance ability. ?

E73B3F75-141A-4C2D-8826-3547851710E3.jpeg

LOL. Savage!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

Three things:

1) Brennan is a grown woman and nobody made her audition a third time.  If she does get cut, she knew that was a possibility.  

2)  Victoria and Dayton ONLY made it because they were essentially passed through over the judge's objections.  I'm glad both are happy, but neither made it on merit.  I feel sorry for the other girls who auditioned who were much better but just didn't have a mommy who knows the right people.

3)  I think the DCC has done something that is illegal.  We all saw Christina's audition -- it was terrible.  Yet she--a white woman--was invited back to training camp.  Two veterans were cut -- both are women of color.  There's clearly some race discrimination at work here.

I want to address your second point. We have no idea why Victoria and Dayton made it, and I don't think it's fair to either one of them to say they didn't make it on merit. Dayton didn't make it last year, if you recall. From what I've seen posted, BOTH are talented dancers and beautiful young women. No one here (that I know of) is a judge, so we can't say the other judges objected. I don't buy any of that. If you recall, there was a big discussion on Cassie...without Judy in the room...as several of the judges had concerns about her. I suspect Kelli knows a LOT of the dancers that come through, from her daughter being in the dance world. 

I also disagree respectfully with race discrimination. Keyra AND Selina both had weight issues. It was brought up several times in Selina's case last season, and neither looked to be in good shape for finals based on the pics I've seen. We don't know how they performed in interviews either. We've seen vets get cut for weight many times, both Kelli and Judy have said they don't want to take a vet into TC and then address weight. It would be suspicious to me if they both came in heavier and out of shape AND made it back. 

But I do agree that neither Christina or Brennan should be in camp. Neither impress me. 

• Love 8
(edited)
On 5/9/2018 at 4:16 PM, Cody701 said:

I don't think she looks as bad as some people on here claim. I don't think she's jaw-dropping beautiful, but that doesn't mean she doesn't have the look IMO.

She looks great to me in these photos - like wow.   I guess her stomach could be a little more in shape, but she certainly isn’t heavy...  Really nice figure and seems to be photogenic. 

On 5/9/2018 at 4:11 PM, go4luca said:

Victoria shots.  Have to admit, she did look good.

VK2.jpg

VK4.jpg

VK3.jpg

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, GBPackersfan said:

I want to address your second point. We have no idea why Victoria and Dayton made it, and I don't think it's fair to either one of them to say they didn't make it on merit. Dayton didn't make it last year, if you recall. From what I've seen posted, BOTH are talented dancers and beautiful young women. No one here (that I know of) is a judge, so we can't say the other judges objected. I don't buy any of that. If you recall, there was a big discussion on Cassie...without Judy in the room...as several of the judges had concerns about her. I suspect Kelli knows a LOT of the dancers that come through, from her daughter being in the dance world. 

I also disagree respectfully with race discrimination. Keyra AND Selina both had weight issues. It was brought up several times in Selina's case last season, and neither looked to be in good shape for finals based on the pics I've seen. We don't know how they performed in interviews either. We've seen vets get cut for weight many times, both Kelli and Judy have said they don't want to take a vet into TC and then address weight. It would be suspicious to me if they both came in heavier and out of shape AND made it back. 

But I do agree that neither Christina or Brennan should be in camp. Neither impress me. 

I love me a good conspiracy theory, BUT it's not like the cuts and acceptances were deliberate. There many others girls accepted into camp. It wasn't a Selina & Keyra vs. VK & Dayton competition. But I do agree that nepotism played a HUGE role in Dayton and VK's acceptance into TC.

4 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

She looks great to me in these photos - like wow.   I guess her stomach could be a little more in shape, but she certainly isn’t heavy...  Really nice figure and seems to be photogenic. 

Yes. But will she look good after hours of dancing on a football field.

10 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Yeah - barf is right, but VK does have a really pretty face IMO - why are people upset she made it?   Figure/out of shape?  Can’t dance?   Are there links someone can share so I don’t have to dig though old threads?

Out of all 4 horse faces, I agree that VK looks best.

46 minutes ago, GBPackersfan said:

One of my favorite cut scenes of all time! I was highly amused with her clap back. And she was right. 

I do not think Kelli and Judy wanted to bring her back for a third time. I think this has Charlotte written all over it.

1 hour ago, GBPackersfan said:

Keyra was very clearly and obviously smaller than she went into last years TC. We all know that there is a quota of black girls and there were others they clearly liked more. That’s racist and I’m super pissed about it because Keyra was a great DCC and her body was super fit. 

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, Cody701 said:

Lindsay Waldrop  made it?

It seemed like she devoted a lot of time to improving if the number of dance class videos is any indication.  Being cut from a NBA dance team would definitely be a wake-up call, and it looks like she heeded it.

She is one who would benefit from some makeover tips that would be easy to implement: tan a little less, hair a lighter color or highlights, and a little less contouring.  I can't see her making it through TC without changing those things, IMO. 

Edited by TeacherWoman
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

This is why they only had 150 girls try out this year, they keep making political choices instead of smart choices that will benefit the team.  

This is why all the DMD girls stayed where they are, too! A lot of people have looked at DMD as a "stepping stone" to get to DCC but things are starting to turn. DMD has some phenomenal girls who are GOALS!!! I love watching them dance<3

• Love 6
5 hours ago, go4luca said:

I'm trying to reserve judgement but I hope she does something quick to lean up.  On the HD, her middle looks extremely thick.

FYI, this came from Kitty's IG live.

kcdfswag_12_5_2018_12_34_31_312.jpg

Her eye makeup here is rough compared to picture we saw of her sitting in the car with TK before finals started (which I thought looked pretty), she almost looks drunk lol 

• Love 1