Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, JohnGalt said:

Definitely not the ideal day to make final cuts and it wasn’t the original plan as I think everyone knows. TPTB just had a really hard time making decisions this year so they extended camp by some days. I feel for the ones who got cut tonight most definitely.

Agreed. I'm sure at this point TPTB had to be extra picky in deciding who to cut. They must have been all GR8 dancers, so they had to pick at something else. As much as I dont want to think this but I have a feeling that Brianna could of been one of those cuts because of her non DCC body type (short legs) etc. However, I really hope she made the team. 

3 minutes ago, BonnieBlue said:

I do suspect they're cutting people though by how closely they conform to what society considers to be an attractive white woman's body.  There's an element of racism there.

...sorry but I don’t see that at all. 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

We need to remember Kelli does not have the complete final say so in who makes the team and when the cuts are made. Charlotte and CMT have a say so in the whole thing also. They have and will keep girls longer in TC before finally cutting them due to wanting to keep the fans and viewers interesting in the show. Plus the fact a lot of the vets and TC Candidates would not have made the team or brought to TC in the first place if there was no show or CMT in the first place.

I personally don’t think that CMT has any say in final squad decisions.  CMT has changed the course and sometimes the shown format of auditions, but IMO, it’s all Kelli, Judy and Charlotte with heavy influence from Kitty and other staff and light influence from other choreographers that come in and work with the team. 

Edited by Taralightner
  • Love 14
7 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

...sorry but I don’t see that at all. 

Quote fail on my last post.. tried to quote both but couldn't figure out how!

I was meant to say when it comes to the girls' appearances I highly doubt Kelly is racist but the DCC standard is probably a reflection of "mainstream society" standards of attractiveness. For example, I doubt they would have let Jacie performed with her natural hair (that she was showing on Instagram a while ago) and instead require they have a more "mainstream" hairstyles. It looks like a case of society prescribing that women of a certain look is attractive and Kelly is probably aiming to cater to the mass market..  

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

I personally don’t think that CMT has any say in final squad decisions.  CMT has changed the course and sometimes the shown format of auditions, but IMO, it’s all Kelli, Judy and Charolette with heavy influence from Kitty and light influence from other choreographers that come in and work with the team. 

Kelli and company are not racist. They are just superficial outdated classist. The DCC organization is a Barbie Doll factory. If a dancer doesn't fit the box they won't make it to the showroom floor.

6 minutes ago, JennieM said:

Quote fail on my last post.. tried to quote both but couldn't figure out how!

I was meant to say when it comes to the girls' appearances I highly doubt Kelly is racist but the DCC standard is probably a reflection of "mainstream society" standards of attractiveness. For example, I doubt they would have let Jacie performed with her natural hair (that she was showing on Instagram a while ago) and instead require they have a more "mainstream" hairstyles. It looks like a case of society prescribing that women of a certain look is attractive and Kelly is probably aiming to cater to the mass market..  

I agree. They are in the business of selling unattainable beauty and status. "An ELITE dance team" ...A BRAND.

• Love 8

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet... but  Taylor Tauss has posted on her instagram that she was cut. Maybe she was one of the last ones cut ?? 

Edited by jmarie
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

I personally don’t think that CMT has any say in final squad decisions.  CMT has changed the course and sometimes the shown format of auditions, but IMO, it’s all Kelli, Judy and Charolette with heavy influence from Kitty and light influence from other choreographers that come in and work with the team. 

Reality shows and producers have a lot more say so in what happens on the show than the average fan or viewers realize. It comes down to ratings, drama and the almighty dollar. CMT, Kelli and Charlotte run the show with Judy getting less say so in what happens.

4 minutes ago, jmarie said:

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet... but  Taylor Tauss has posted on her instagram what she was cut. Maybe she was one of the last ones cut ?? 

She was like the 3rd or 4th cut 

• Love 3

I doubt CMT has any real say in who  actually makes the team. CMT is around for a couple of weeks, the team has to function for a year. CMT probably does a lot of editing and comes up with storylines, but ultimately Kelli, Judy and Charlotte have to try and Putnam together a team that will work for a year and could possibly work more years than one. I’m also not sure women girls definetly wouldn’t haben made the team it cmt wasn’t around, they might not have made training camp, but I will never believe anyone made it bevause of CMT. 

And yay Brennan!!! 

I feel really disconnected from rookies this year, most I know nothing about and that makes them boring to me at this point. I hope that changes with the show. No spoilers and social media lockdown are turning me away from the DCC this summer...

• Love 6
9 hours ago, SimplePleasures said:

If the nutritionist is considered a doctor, the Dallas Cowboys, the Cheerleader's leader, nor Jesus Christ himself has no right to consult with the nutritionist......HIPAA puts the kibosh on that shit.

They sign waivers.

9 hours ago, JohnGalt said:

Don’t take this the wrong way because I really like Dayton and think she’s a beautiful dancer and a gorgeous girl, but I don’t think there’s any regret when it comes to Dayton. She really struggled with the DCC style. I think she’s where she’s meant to be now. I’m just curious if down the road she’ll decide to give it another go because I would love to see a slightly more mature Dayton in the uniform.

Dayton is talented, and I think she wanted to be on the team, but wasn't obsessed like it was the peak of her entire life. Looks to me like she's more aggravated that her business is put on blast to this level of detail, than that she didn't make it. If she still wants it in a few years, I hope she rocks auditions.

5 hours ago, Lolfordays said:

Yeah — I actually thought “I know something but I am not telling” is the kind of thing we used to get warnings about.

Hand to god I feel like we are going to get IHOP commercials during the show this year, or they are a new team sponsor. No one likes IHOP that much.

also “leaving to get married” is DCC code for “over the bs”.

100%

5 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Kalteen bars. :)

I love you. Pass some to Jinelle.

4 hours ago, Kayce said:

My guess is Lily is one of them. She's a great dancer and I love the fact that she's from KY (my state) but she had that less than hd friendly look. 

More HD friendly than GINA.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, HateWatcher said:

Kelli and company are not racist. They are just superficial outdated classist. The DCC organization is a Barbie Doll factory. If a dancer doesn't fit the box they won't make it to the showroom floor.

I agree. They are in the business of selling unattainable beauty and status. "An ELITE dance team" ...A BRAND.

You quoted me, then commented this. My quote was about CMT’s involvement in final decisions- I said they have no decision power.  I was never in any kind of race conversation at all... just so everyone knows- I’ve never commented on, or called anyone a racist. ?

• Love 5
Just now, Preity said:

I doubt CMT has any real say in who  actually makes the team. CMT is around for a couple of weeks, the team has to function for a year. CMT probably does a lot of editing and comes up with storylines, but ultimately Kelli, Judy and Charlotte have to try and Putnam together a team that will work for a year and could possibly work more years than one. I’m also not sure women girls definetly wouldn’t haben made the team it cmt wasn’t around, they might not have made training camp, but I will never believe anyone made it bevause of CMT. 

And yay Brennan!!! 

I feel really disconnected from rookies this year, most I know nothing about and that makes them boring to me at this point. I hope that changes with the show. No spoilers and social media lockdown are turning me away from the DCC this summer...

CMT is around a lot more than a couple of weeks. They show up before auditions finally start and usually do not leave until the team is finally announced and the first home game. A lot of the girls would not have made it to TC or on the squad without the show. Before they only took girls who would have probably made the team with hardly any cuts. They take girls who they believe will be cut, make a good storyline, and keep them around for ratings and drama. There is no way Kaime would have came back after the two sisters left in Season 4. In fact, the chances of the two sisters even making it TC would have been slim to nothing without the show. I seriously doubt girls like Morgan, Kaitlin from Season 8, Ashley Pro and Breelan would have made the team with no show because the chance of them making it to TC in the first place would have been slim to nothing without the show. If they only took girls who absolutely would have made the team, there would be no show because who wants to watch the girls practice x number of dances knowing this is the team without the drama of having girls who will be cut or drama of oh no will a vet be cut.

3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Reality shows and producers have a lot more say so in what happens on the show than the average fan or viewers realize. It comes down to ratings, drama and the almighty dollar. CMT, Kelli and Charlotte run the show with Judy getting less say so in what happens.

I believe the producers of stuff like the amazing race, survivor have a hand in who ultimately wins. But, in this case, I stand by my statement. I’m not naive, I don’t believe everything I see on TV.. I can even usually pick out the poor edits on this show trying to create stories. I DO NOT believe that Charlotte, as Chief Brand Officer and Sr VP of the multi-billion dollar organization is going to allow any entity outside of the organization define part of that brand. 

So again, I’m not naive, and this is my educated opinion. Not going to continue to defend it. I posted this to give the reasons for my opinion, but I’m done now. 

@ShellyB- any chance that you can weigh in here, just a little, to help with understanding? 

Edited by Taralightner
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

You quoted me, then commented this. My quote was about CMT’s involvement in final decisions- I said they have no decision power.  I was never in any kind of race conversation at all... just so everyone knows- I’ve never commented on, or called anyone a racist. ?

So sorry. I hate how this blog works. I meant to reply to quote before you.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

I believe the producers of stuff like the amazing race, survivor have a hand in who ultimately wins. But, in this case, I stand by my statement. I’m not naive, I don’t believe everything I see on TV.. I can even usually pick out the poor edits on this show trying to create stories. I DO NOT believe that Charlotte, as Chief Brand Officer and Sr VP of the multi-billion dollar organization is going to allow any entity outside of the organization define part of that brand. 

So again, I’m not naive, and this is my educated opinion. Not going to continue to defend it. I posted this to give the reasons for my opinion, but I’m done now. 

This 100%!!!!!

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, jmarie said:

Haha sorry, I’m new and completely out of the loop about cuts early in training camp.

Lindsay, Taylor T, Jasmine and Dayton were among the early cuts. 

Later, like two weeks ago, Kristen was cut  

Tara (vet) and Victoria were last week. 

Lily and Malena last night. 

Vets who got cut at auditions: 

Selina and Keyra

Am I missing anyone? 

990472CF-8AAD-4CC8-9B99-9D428626B92B.png

Edited by Taralightner
Added audition vet cuts
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Sarah99 said:

That's a pretty harsh criticism to place on someone without knowing the details of cuts.

Eh. Anyone who watches the show for multiple seasons knows that DCC is biased against women of color of do not have the traditional build of small white girls. Or can not pass as white.

not every person with racial bias is burning a cross on their lawn. The DCC has a racial bias.

1 hour ago, WickedMom said:

Agree.  They choose the best team for the season.  Playing the racist card isn't fair.

Eh, it’s pretty accepted throughout he league that the league that the Jones family is racist. Recent events are not a good look for them that hav zero to do with the DCC.

the more progressive owners actually think they are sort of gross.

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

Eh. Anyone who watches the show for multiple seasons knows that DCC is biased against women of color of do not have the traditional build of small white girls. Or can not pass as white.

not every person with racial bias is burning a cross on their lawn. The DCC has a racial bias.

I agree.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

See, the CMT shows drives way more revenue than the actual DCC. Charlotte chases the bottom line because the shows and drama is worth more. 

Because again, almost no one actually cares about the make up of the product on the field — just that they exist.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

Eh, it’s pretty accepted throughout he league that the league that the Jones family is racist. Recent events are not a good look for them that hav zero to do with the DCC.

the more progressive owners actually think they are sort of gross.

Ugh.  I'll be so disgusted and disappointed if this is true.  Thanks for sharing this info!

12 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

See, the CMT shows drives way more revenue than the actual DCC. Charlotte chases the bottom line because the shows and drama is worth more. 

Because again, almost no one actually cares about the make up of the product on the field — just that they exist.

Watch “All or Nothing” the documentary series. They did a full season of Cowboys last year. Lots of Charolette and other Owner/ Coaches scenes. They absolutely care about every thread of fabric on the field. 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I know it’s sad 

This.   I agree ~ I'm so sad to see her go.  I thought Tara was precious and definitely had the DCC style, and just seemed like she had such a sweet spirit.    For whatever reason she was released, I just wish it wasn't so.  I wish the best for her future and whatever step she decides to take next!!    And I totally agree with others thinking she resembles Ivanka ! 

• Love 12
Just now, KoKo said:

This.   I agree ~ I'm so sad to see her go.  I thought Tara was precious and definitely had the DCC style, and just seemed like she had such a sweet spirit.    For whatever reason she was released, I just wish it wasn't so.  I wish the best for her future and whatever step she decides to take next!!    And I totally agree with others thinking she resembles Ivanka ! 

Maybe she will stay in Texas and try to reaudtion next season and work on what she needs to work on and come back 

• Love 6
Just now, JohnGalt said:

Since it’s been discussed at length, I’ll confirm Malena and Lily were cut. Take it how you will.

Malena’s cut had nothing to do with her skin color or build. She struggled with memory all season and was given more than enough chances. In my humble opinion, if they had kept her over some of the others, it would have been unfair.

I'm assuming Lily was a blender??

1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Maybe she will stay in Texas and try to reaudtion next season and work on what she needs to work on and come back 

I hope so!!  I was thinking that myself!!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

I have to disagree on this. CMT has influence over things like the structure of auditions, but they don’t choose the girls on the team. That is decided by Kelli, Judy, and Charlotte, as well as the budget.

I am not saying they pick the girls, but I do think they have a lot more say so in the matter along with Kelli and Charlotte. I think Judy has less say so than CMT has.

17 hours ago, Trixi said:

This! I’m wracking my brain to come up with a plausible reason to cut Tara. If she got fat, it doesn’t show in current pics, if she was toxic, she wudnt have been taken out by all the vets at 3a or been invited to Maggie and Christina’s parties. Maybe she missed engagements but we wud have heard. I can’t believe she was out-danced by Christina, Savannah or Erin. I know Christina won a Barbie but u pick ur solo to highlight ur individual dance style. It’s not like she won some DCC style prize. Sorry about the rant but for some reason I’m really pissed about Tara’s cut. I hope there ends up being a really good reason for it, just can’t figure it out. 

This.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I am not saying they pick the girls, but I do think they have a lot more say so in the matter along with Kelli and Charlotte. I think Judy has less say so than CMT has.

CMT has no decision making pull whatsoever. It is laughable to even consider that they have more pull than Judy. CMT can certainly have Kelli portray situations in a certain light, opt not to show things or edit a person into a negative Nancy character. However, final decisions on who makes the team are made by Kelli and Judy, signed off on by Charlotte. 

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

The CMT staff can certainly express their opinions on who they think should make the team to management, but the majority of the day to day decisions are made by Kelli and Judy (obviously a little more Kelli than Judy, but Judy’s opinion does matter), with final decisions being up to Charlotte.

I see what you are saying, but Kelli, Charlotte and CMT did get together and decided Victoria was going to make the team before auditions already started. I personally do not think this would have happened without a show. Would they be playing up Kelli "regretting" not taking Brennan last year because of what happened with Alexandria, Milan and Kalyssa. If all three stayed with team, tried out again, made it back to TC and the squad, CMT would have probably focus on Brennan a little, but not at the point they are right now. I also have a hard time believing girls like Morgan, Kaitlin from Season 8, Ashley Pro, and Breelan making it to TC in the first place and making the team without a show or CMT producers putting in their two cents. With no show, only the girls who made the top 36 or how many Kelli and Charlotte want to make the team within a given year would have made it to TC with no fuss and without girls who had a snow ball chance in heck making it to TC. I also do not think Melissa would have been picked to be the mentor without CMT having a say so. I honestly do not believe Kelli and Judy would have picked her to the be the mentor. She had a contract already with CMT, and they keep focusing on the fact she won DTWS in order to get the fans and viewers to buy this is why we really wanted her to be the mentor.

Let's take off our tin foil hats, people. LOL! Before we cry racism, CMT conspiracy, fraternization, etc., how about we watch the show and see how it plays out? I'm rarely surprised by and almost always agree with cuts when I watch the show.

3 minutes ago, ChandlersRevenge said:

giphy.gif

OMG this is everything. I did think she looked like a grandma though ha!

Edited by DanceChick
  • Love 13

I wish we knew WHY Tara was cut, mainly because I can't believe she was out-danced by Christina or any other blond girl.  If any of the blonde veterans got out-danced, it was Christina yet she's still there.  Weight was touched on as a possibility, but, if she gained anything, it didn't seem to show to my eyes (but I wasn't looking too closely).  

• Love 9
14 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Ika Irene- cut for it after many warnings: “how many different kind of beer do you take pictures with, and who’s the naked man behind you?

Yes, Ika was a wild child but I will say, she just might have been the prettiest TCC ever.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, hypeman said:

I may be the most critical of the team's diversity, and I also don't see anything racial with Malena's cut. If she couldn't get the dances, she needed to come back next year. Besides, she has EXACTLY the look TPTB prefer for AA girls.

While not pleased with the lack of diversity, I always feel like dance performance should be the main deciding factor.

Race/racism is such a touchy issue. Very few experience it, but everyone is quick to deny or acknowledge it. I personally don't feel this forum structure will accommodate a fruitful discussion about this matter.

I completely agree with all of this.  I'm very sad that another AA woman was cut, however, if it was due to dance and/or memory then I can understand it.   I am just bothered by the initial audition process that seems to weed out features that are common to AA women, such as curvier hips, butt, and natural hairstyles.  I'm wondering, also, if things such as having a wider nose or thicker lips lead them to say that an AA woman has a less than HD face, even if they are great dancers.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, BonnieBlue said:

Apparently she was overheard being critical of the favoritism Victoria was getting, and it got back to Kelli.

In terms of unfounded rumors, I would buy this. Because I have to imagine these non-Dallas groomed since birth girls are pretty much WTF ten times a day with stuff the encounter as DCCs.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, BonnieBlue said:

Apparently she was overheard being critical of the favoritism Victoria was getting, and it got back to Kelli.

I need to be reading the other gossip boards that you are because you always have all the good scoop :)

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I see what you are saying, but Kelli, Charlotte and CMT did get together and decided Victoria was going to make the team before auditions already started. I personally do not think this would have happened without a show. Would they be playing up Kelli "regretting" not taking Brennan last year because of what happened with Alexandria, Milan and Kalyssa. If all three stayed with team, tried out again, made it back to TC and the squad, CMT would have probably focus on Brennan a little, but not at the point they are right now. I also have a hard time believing girls like Morgan, Kaitlin from Season 8, Ashley Pro, and Breelan making it to TC in the first place and making the team without a show or CMT producers putting in their two cents. With no show, only the girls who made the top 36 or how many Kelli and Charlotte want to make the team within a given year would have made it to TC with no fuss and without girls who had a snow ball chance in heck making it to TC. I also do not think Melissa would have been picked to be the mentor without CMT having a say so. I honestly do not believe Kelli and Judy would have picked her to the be the mentor. She had a contract already with CMT, and they keep focusing on the fact she won DTWS in order to get the fans and viewers to buy this is why we really wanted her to be the mentor.

Well, the first statement is dependent on who you believe when it comes to insiders. I refuse to get into the Victoria arguments again, it is what it is  

Secondly, you can “what if” all you choose. The fact remains that Alexandria and co did leave and their departures did eventually affect Brennan and thereby Kelli’s perception of cutting Brennan last year. Since Brennan put her big girl undies on and came back, it’s a fair storyline, IMO.

Third, Kaitlin made it back to camp because she was a vet and had a successful year prior to auditions. Morgan had Kitty influence on her side which helped get her on the team and the fact that she was a “locker room favorite” helped to propel her through the year. Morgan’s own actions got herself cut the following year. Ashley Pro made it because Kelli thought she was beautiful, could relate to her experience and Emma vouched for her. I honestly do not have any information on Breelan. Just that she was young and cute but had a lot to learn. 

Finally, regarding Melissa, you’re right, that has nothing to do with the DCC organization. She was under contract with CMT at that time and her reality show had been canceled. As she is a former DCC, CMT figured why the fuck not and added her to the mix. Kelli is an executive producer and as such, could have stopped Melissa being on the show but she is the most well known former DCC and Melissa has a strong following; it’s a win win for all involved. 

I am done now. 

• Love 22