Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Not all of the cheerleaders “try out” for show group.  They just make it look like they do for the tv show.

I didn't know that.  What are the show group auditions on the show really for?

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

The auditions on the show are the true auditions. But they have everyone audition and then the girls could “opt out” of not being considered :)

17 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

The auditions on the show are the true auditions. But they have everyone audition and then the girls could “opt out” of not being considered :)

Got it!  I thought "try out" being in quotes implied that the auditions weren't real :)

6 hours ago, Middlemom said:

I think Danielle had a full-time job and could never do the commitment to show group. I'm also not sure that she would've made it on because she wasn't the strongest dancer especially when she first started. Not sure about Amy Was she on show group last year or did she just sub in sometimes?

IIRC Amy only got put on SG when Erica went from 'reserves' to a for sure no. 

Interesting they aren't taking any of the rookie SG girls to Oxnard - they have in the past, right? Didn't Mandy and Kelli go before the officially made the squad? i might just be confused.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

IIRC Amy only got put on SG when Erica went from 'reserves' to a for sure no. 

Interesting they aren't taking any of the rookie SG girls to Oxnard - they have in the past, right? Didn't Mandy and Kelli go before the officially made the squad? i might just be confused.  

The squad had already been announced that year 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I recall Maddie and Kelli performing in their uniforms before the squad was announced, but I don't recall what the performance was.

They did for the Advocare Convention. Tamra from the real housewives of OC had a video of the DCC performing at the event and Maddie and Kelli were in it even though the squad hadn’t been officially announced yet. 

• Love 6

If I remember correctly, last year, none of the rookies who made SG went to Oxnard. I do remember though that the rookies did a performance at AT&T Stadium before the team was announced. I remember because Lauren was right in front of the Jones family and Judy was freaking out that she not make any mistakes. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Tarode said:

If I remember correctly, last year, none of the rookies who made SG went to Oxnard. I do remember though that the rookies did a performance at AT&T Stadium before the team was announced. I remember because Lauren was right in front of the Jones family and Judy was freaking out that she not make any mistakes. 

Yeah, it doesn't look like any TCC rookie SG members went to Oxnard last year...

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Last year they show Kitty (during practice) asking vet Milan why she didn’t try out for show group, and she says (tearfully) that school is really important to her then she tells everyone that she had a 4.0 all through the prior year. Kelli says: “you just pulled back a curtain for us...” 

The year that Kelsey is a TCC (the one who had the stomach issues that hospitalized her), they call in then TCC Carissa right after Show Group auditions at Gillys. When they ask her why she didn’t try out for show group, she talks about trying to help her family financially.  Kelli and Judy are way impressed with that. 

I think auditions are to find 16 out of the vets and TCC that do try out. Even with those who choose not to try out, they have more than 16 that want to be in show group. We always see their deliberations and they do have to say no to vets- Angela didn’t make it in her 5th year as a vet. 

Edited by Taralightner
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, dccfan37 said:

Yep, that’s my understanding. Last year, Milan didn’t want to be considered, but she went through the show group audition process. There is a short clip of her dancing during last year’s show group auditions. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Tarode said:

I do remember though that the rookies did a performance at AT&T Stadium before the team was announced. I remember because Lauren was right in front of the Jones family and Judy was freaking out that she not make any mistakes. 

I could have sworn that happened after the squad was announced.

(edited)
On 7/23/2018 at 9:20 PM, ByTor said:
On 7/23/2018 at 6:54 PM, 5678Pixie said:

They did Lauren's hair darker,  not sure I like it.  

On this picture I don't think it looks a whole lot darker than it did last year.  But I wonder if she got extensions, I don't recall seeing her hair this long.

Quoting myself here, but nope, I'm way off, Lauren's hair is definitely darker.  But I still think it looks like she got extensions.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

It's possible. My memory can be sketchy! I just watched all of the seasons from 1 - 12 though, but that doesn't mean I remembered it correctly! 

From pictures posted on IG of them in CA and ones left in TX it doesn't appear any rookies are with them.

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

Here is a pic...who is the blond on the left side inside...thanks..I assume a TCC who made show group?

35002DE0-C134-4081-8D00-DDC6D262FE64.jpeg

Tasha? None of the rookies went.

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Jazzmom said:

Here is a pic...who is the blond on the left side inside...thanks

Is that Tasha? Doesn't look like her 100% though, but I don't know which rookie it could be?

Just now, Tarode said:

Is that Tasha? Doesn't look like her 100% though, but I don't know which rookie it could be?

I think it's just a weird shot of Tasha...the ones that were pictured going to Oxnard were: Lacey, KaShara, Amy, Madeline, Tasha, Khalyn, Tess, Kelli, Lauren, Gina, Lexie, and Heather.  

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

Here is a pic...who is the blond on the left side inside...thanks..I assume a TCC who made show group?

I think that's Khalyn-Heather-Kashara-Tess-Kelli-Maddie

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I think that's Khalyn-Heather-Kashara-Tess-Kelli-Maddie

Heather says it's Tasha in her IG story...

15 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

it's Tasha! Heather tags Tasha in her IG story with the pic. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

That’s heather o 

Thank you!  That's what I originally said, I'm glad you agree, I was afraid my eyeballs were going crazy. :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2
Just now, ByTor said:

Thank you!  That's what I originally said, I'm glad you agree, I was afraid my eyeballs were going crazy. :)

I had to go back and really look at the original picture and your so welcome heather has changed a lot since her rookie year 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

I'm pretty sure people are referring to the girl next to her. I don't think anyone thought Heather was Tasha. THAT girl looks nothing like Tasha, but if Heather said it was..then it was.

• Love 4
(edited)
35 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

I'm pretty sure people are referring to the girl next to her.

The original question was "who is the blond on the left side inside", inside to me meant between Kashara and Khalyn.

ETA: My bad :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1

No, I meant the girl on the inside left side...not the middle...I don’t recognize her as Tasha, even on the original pic.. I had to reduce to post the pic.  They must have new makeup this year or I need to get my eyes checked!

? I still do not see Tasha 

4E9577E7-CB9D-47C5-A323-BAA7A9573DBE.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

No, I meant the girl on the inside left side...not the middle...I don’t recognize her as Tasha, even on the original pic.. I had to reduce to post the pic.  They must have new makeup this year or I need to get my eyes checked!

With it zoomed in like that, I can see that it's Tasha and not Kashara.  Sorry, I misunderstood what you meant by inside :)

• Love 1
On 7/23/2018 at 9:20 PM, ByTor said:

If you zoom in on Tasha in these pics it almost looks like she had some work done, possibly her teeth capped or a little lip filler? IMO her mouth photographs differently and that may be why she looks so different standing next to Heather. At first I thought it was Kashara.  Or it cud just b better hair and make-up this year?

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, ByTor said:

With it zoomed in like that, I can see that it's Tasha and not Kashara.  Sorry, I misunderstood what you meant by inside :)

Ohhhh....myyyyy....goodnessss

49 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

I thought it was Tasha at first, but this pic doesn't look like her at all. Lol

• Love 3

Here is a new shot of the group, and so it is Tasha.  And I still do not think it looks like her.  Must be the angle, makeup, diff shade of lipstick this year and my eyes!

FBE1D45F-9825-4DCD-AAFC-1BDC96BCBE0D.jpeg

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

That looks more like Tasha to the right of Heather again but still not! Her teeth definitely look different.

37821767_10155403062926035_4786075838267260928_n.jpg

she does look somewhat different but i actually think she looks younger. is it that her eyebrows maybe aren't so severe? she always had really dark arched brows (one in particular lol)  Plus the baby pink lipstick you all hated seems to be a thing of the past.  I think she looks great! 

I really like Lauren's new hair color! It suits her and kind of a nice medium between the blondes and the girls with really dark hair. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

It happened before because both Lauren and Gina tell the access Hollywood guy that they go back to camp the next day, and he says, “I think you both will make [the team] with no problem.” 

2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

she does look somewhat different but i actually think she looks younger. is it that her eyebrows maybe aren't so severe? she always had really dark arched brows (one in particular lol)  Plus the baby pink lipstick you all hated seems to be a thing of the past.  I think she looks great! 

I really like Lauren's new hair color! It suits her and kind of a nice medium between the blondes and the girls with really dark hair. 

I like Lauren's new hair color as well :) Tasha looks less made up and does look younger.

• Love 3

I don’t care for Gina’s extensions, and I prefer Lacey’s darker hair. Tasha looks good but definitely different. I prefer her hair parted to the side like this.

• Love 8

Why do I have this feeling VK has made show group?! I could be totally out in left field on this but at this point, anything’s possible ??

this isnt saying I think she should be, but rather I can’t wait to see how things play out given how we’ve heard she’s already made the squad. ?

• Love 5
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I don’t care for Gina’s extensions, and I prefer Lacey’s darker hair. Tasha looks good but definitely different. I prefer her hair parted to the side like this.

I'm with you 100% on this.  I think Gina's hair is so much cuter when it's a little shorter :)  Lacey is still beautiful but the lighter hair isn't as flattering.  

2 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I agree Tasha looks much younger!  Gosh Gina is a tiny little thing.

Amy is a teeny thing too, but I think Gina is even smaller than her :) 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

Here is a new shot of the group, and so it is Tasha.  And I still do not think it looks like her.  Must be the angle, makeup, diff shade of lipstick this year and my eyes!

FBE1D45F-9825-4DCD-AAFC-1BDC96BCBE0D.jpeg

I think they've made her hair darker.  I think her hair was almost the color of Lexi's when she first made the team. Also there does seem to be something different about her face maybe cheek fillers or Botox or something. 

• Love 2

I like Gina better as a blonde, but I don't like her extensions. Lacey looked great with her golden-red highlights last year but I agree it's a bit too light now. I was hoping to see Rachel on Show Group.