Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Re: Heather:  I'm hoping her not being a 1st or 2nd GL this year is due to her opting out due to extra time commitment or some such.  Regardless, she is still around and being used in this shoot for CMT.  Not sure if more girls were featured.  These are the only ones shown.

thelinjohnson_34729568_1062734947212519_8071161074457509888_n.jpg

thelinjohnson_33422380_247284942491593_8777505885514629120_n.jpg

UPDATE:  Looks like more ladies (if not all) were involved.  They were shooting a workout for the new season.

Edited by go4luca
Update on info
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Not necessarily.  There have been a few girls where their first time in the office is when they're being cut.  I remember at least one girl was confused about being called into the office, then she was upset because she got cut with pretty much no warning, as in, she wasn't called into the office and given a wake-up call of sorts.  If she was given corrections on the dance floor, I don't remember them.  Why call some girls in time after time, then put them on the team while others never get called in until the day they're cut?  If the girls are not making the corrections, that deserves at least one office visit to let them know that, if they don't fix what they're told to, the next time they're in the office, they're going to be cut, then follow through.  Same with the other reasons we've heard.  Questionable social media posts?  Most were warned at least once in the office and the next time they were cut.  I'm sure there are/were other examples. 

Elizabeth from the 2005 DCC show on cmt. She was called in with no other warnings and cut. She was staying with DCC Misty and TCC Melissa from NJ.

(edited)
8 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Confirm or deny what?? That Heather isn’t a leader? I think the picture shows who was chosen. GL positions aren’t a given from from year to year, lots of factors go into the decisions on who will be the #quarterbacks of the team. There may be some new tricks up K & J’s sleeves. 

Nevermind.

Edited by Smplsimon
8 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

The powers that be are concerned over the recent allegations of racism.  So, Khalyn was given a slot.

No, I was asking her to confirm or deny that Heather asked K & J to not be considered for a group leader position.

• Love 1

I'm more than bummed Kash has posted what amounts to sounding like this is her last season.  I get it, especially in light of all she's achieved as a DCC.  She's ready to move on. 

I know some here felt she was pushed down your throats last year. I didn't see it that way.  I saw how far she's come, the support she's given her teammates and a fun, infectious spirit I'd like to hang out with.  At least I have some notice so I can enjoy her final year. 

Part of me wonders if she originally meant to retire and if TPTB asked if she'd hang around for one last year, especially in light of so many retiring vets.  I wonder the same about Lacey.

kashgarrett_Group Leaders 2C.jpg

• Love 13
1 minute ago, dccfan204 said:

No, I was asking her to confirm or deny that Heather asked K & J to not be considered for a group leader position.

2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I'm more than bummed Kash has posted what amounts to sounding like this is her last season.  I get it, especially in light of all she's achieved as a DCC.  She's ready to move on. 

I know some here felt she was pushed down your throats last year. I didn't see it that way.  I saw how far she's come, the support she's given her teammates and a fun, infectious spirit I'd like to hang out with.  At least I have some notice so I can enjoy her final year. 

Part of me wonders if she originally meant to retire and if TPTB asked if she'd hang around for one last year, especially in light of so many retiring vets.  I wonder the same about Lacey.

Kash needs to go.  I can't forgive her for that racist costume she wore last year.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Stee said:

Has anyone ever gone straight to a First Group leader like Maddie?  I haven’t paid much attention to the group leaders until the last two years, but it always seemed that a group leader was groomed - second group leaders led to becoming first group leaders. 

I LOVE that Maddie was made a first group leader. She was shown teaching the sexy hips to Lauren last year, and I always imagined she was a kind and patient, friendly teacher. Goes to show you that you can’t forecast what will happen in a season. I mean - last year people were shocked when Holly wasn’t made a group leader and then look how the season turned out.. it was almost like foreshadowing (I mean imagine if Ericka and Holly had been 1GL and 2GL for group four!)

I love how @ShellyB mentioned that K+J have more tricks up their sleeves. That’s gotta be a hint about there being more to the story. Can’t WAIT for this season to start!!

Yes, many over the years have been First GLs. I’d have to go through stacks of squad photos to count and name them all.

• Love 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

And as Shelly's response was so cryptic, I highly doubt she just didn't want to be considered, as Shelly would have just said this.

Not being cryptic...She may have removed herself from the pool during the audition process, I really don’t know. K & J are always thinking of things to enhance teamwork and camaraderie. This a very strong group of vets that brings a lot to the table, for the cohesion of the team. I just meant that they are looking forward to utilizing each of the vets strengths in different ways. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 20
29 minutes ago, pinkbarbie247 said:

Wait what racist costume?...

She posted an Insta-story last year where she was mocking Hispanic culture by dressing in stereotypical Mexican garb, including wearing an oversized sombrero and a fake mustache.  Why she wasn't removed from the squad is beyond me.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Is this Jalyn?

Jalyn_v2.jpg

When you watch this on the insta story video you can see Kelli holding the hair color swatch and it looks lighter red.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Not being cryptic...She may have removed herself from the pool during the audition process, I really don’t know. K & J are always thinking of things to enhance teamwork and commraderie. This a very strong group of vets that brings a lot to the table, for the cohesion of the team. I just meant that they are looking forward to utilizing each of the vets strengths in different ways. 

I think they picked some great group leaders :) I can’t wait to see who makes the squad 

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Not being cryptic...She may have removed herself from the pool during the audition process, I really don’t know. K & J are always thinking of things to enhance teamwork and commraderie. This a very strong group of vets that brings a lot to the table, for the cohesion of the team. I just meant that they are looking forward to utilizing each of the vets strengths in different ways. 

Appreciate your response - thanks so much for answering my question!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Angie said:

According to this picture this will be KaShara's last season

Screenshot_2018-06-10-15-32-16.png

I get the the girls want to retire when they feel their heart is ready to retire, but I don't understand how 4th year girls retire when they have  one more year to hit a milestone. Rookies get their pinky ring which a milestone and 5th yeArs get their necklace charm. and yes it may be tacky but it's still a milestone.  And I see no sense retiring that close to a milestone. Maybe it's just me who is thinking this, but that's my opinion. 

As as a side note, if Lacey, Amy and Kashara retire the most senior vets will be the 4th year class. Has there been a time when the squad didn't have 5th, 6th years and beyond as upper vets? 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Tootie said:

5 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

When Kashara got GL because of Erica getting cut, who was her 2nd GL?

Heather

Maybe Heather stepped up last year because it was sort of an emergency, but wasn’t picked/didn’t want it/doesn’t have time this year

• Love 8
(edited)
50 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

Tara is in group 1. She commented on Tasha’s IG post

Tara said the Bimini band is back together all season so i wonder besides tasha and lacey,  who the other vets could be in the group considering one group will have 6 vets

It seems like Rachel and Heather could've been in the Bimini band

Edited by Angie
7 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

Let's hope they give Victoria liposuction.

I think she'll be perfectly fine in the uniform, I'm not seeing where she's a whole hell of a lot more "fat" than Danielle was, and the organization seemed to love her.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Tootie said:

Just curious, where did you see that Lindsay was in her group?

The hugging picture on Twitter! The blonde closest to the camera, the short one, is Lindsay 

9 hours ago, go4luca said:

I LOVE KaShara and Madeline! I don't feel like she was shoved down our throats...I just really think she stepped up for the squad and has been an awesome squad member.  

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I think she'll be perfectly fine in the uniform, I'm not seeing where she's a whole hell of a lot more "fat" than Danielle was, and the organization seemed to love her.

I think she will be as well. 

• Love 5
Just now, Kayce said:

I LOVE KaShara and Madeline! I don't feel like she was shoved down our throats...I just really think she stepped up for the squad and has been an awesome squad member.  

Same.  I'm so sad kash is leaving after this year but i thought she'd retire last year so i'm glad to see her out there one more year!  just love her.  

10 hours ago, go4luca said:

Is this Jalyn?

Jalyn_v2.jpg

Excited to see what they do with her look! I think she is beautiful and has the prettiest eyes. 

On a side note, i love Kelli's hair in this pic. 

• Love 6

Maddie is probably the most surprising to me, just because she’s one of the younger ones - I would’ve guessed that Kelli would be the first leader and Maddie the second. However, Maddie does teach a lot of classes, so she’ll probably be a strong leader. I guess Lacey and Jenna were around the same age when they first became leaders. 

I will say that while I think all of these girls are likeable, this group still underwhelms me - from the tryouts solo snippets that we got from the vets to the group leaders - just all around, it seems like a step back from past years. I’m hoping that this rookie group is super impressive. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I feel like Tasha was picked because she's mature and a mother so she brings a good sense of leadership to the squad.

I think that is definitely a big part of it! they even told her last year that she has a wonderful approachable quality and appreciated that about her.  

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, Kayce said:
10 hours ago, go4luca said:

I'm not anti nor pro Kashara. However, last season EVERY episode had a very positive remark about Kashara. Most of these were just unnecessary, and no one was actually praising her dancing. Not one guest choreographer nor Kitty complimented her dancing.

Things like Kasexy and you're the life of the party and Kashara's killing it (that one from Anthony Ramos) were dropped on the regular. THEY HAVE NEVER DONE THAT FOR ANY WOMAN ON THE SHOW.

It's plainly obvious she got the best edit ever. If Cassie had received 1/4 a good as edit she would not of been dragged on so much. I feel like management has learned their lesson and Victoria and Dayton will get very positive edits.

In season 11 Kashara was a blender whose only comment was that she shouldn't try things she can't do at show group tryouts (by Kitty).

This is not to drag Kashara. My point os that the show is manipulative. They can make you seem weak, as well as, great with proper edits. IJS.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Kasexy

This made my eyes roll so hard I'm surprised they're back in the proper position.  It was super annoying how much she was hyped last year. #Laceyforpoint

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, hypeman said:

I'm not anti nor pro Kashara. However, last season EVERY episode had a very positive remark about Kashara. Most of these were just unnecessary, and no one was actually praising her dancing. Not one guest choreographer nor Kitty complimented her dancing.

Things like Kasexy and you're the life of the party and Kashara's killing it (that one from Anthony Ramos) were dropped on the regular. THEY HAVE NEVER DONE THAT FOR ANY WOMAN ON THE SHOW.

It's plainly obvious she got the best edit ever. If Cassie had received 1/4 a good as edit she would not of been dragged on so much. I feel like management has learned their lesson and Victoria and Dayton will get very positive edits.

In season 11 Kashara was a blender whose only comment was that she shouldn't try things she can't do at show group tryouts (by Kitty).

This is not to drag Kashara. My point os that the show is manipulative. They can make you seem weak, as well as, great with proper edits. IJS.

Last season was the most contrived that I remember from an editing standpoint. It was so obvious that we were getting half stories. Some of the choices that they made were just odd, and I actually think it made the team look worse than what they intended to do by splicing and cutting all of these stories. Even my sister whose following of the show on the internet is limited to following the instagram and twitter accounts was like “why are they pretending like Erica was never there?” And I still don’t know what they were trying to do with the edit that Jenna got. Then, they pretended like Mandy didn’t dip out at the eleventh hour (would’ve made the team look bad, I guess). It was just a strange and contrived season that I do not want a repeat of.

Just give me dancing!

• Love 15
(edited)
24 minutes ago, hypeman said:

I own every season except for 1 and 2...and you are right.  They have never hyped up another squad member like they did her last year, but given the negative controversies last season, they may have felt it necessary to get viewers on board with why KaShara was made the point, placed on  SG and made a GL.  I worked in tv and radio production so I know how manipulative shows can be with editing.  They are going to show the stuff that brings in the ratings numbers.  I certainly don't think you are dragging on or bashing KaShara at all... that's why I like this forum... all opinions are welcome and I enjoy the discussions that ensue :) We don't have to always agree to have great discussions!!

19 minutes ago, ByTor said:

This made my eyes roll so hard I'm surprised they're back in the proper position.  It was super annoying how much she was hyped last year. #Laceyforpoint

Will you stop making me laugh and snort my coffee???? LOL!! I have to agree...that comment was bad! And I am totally in agreement on Lacey for point...as much as I love KaShara, I think Lacey should have gotten point last season. 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

The hugging picture on Twitter! The blonde closest to the camera, the short one, is Lindsay 

Oh, I thought that was Gina!

Gina did post this on Lacey's IG:

ginaligiCan’t wait for an incredible year with you and @tasha.lee.cruz!!!!!!???☝?☝?☝?

DCC grp-Miranda, Hannah.jpg

(edited)
23 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Oh, I thought that was Gina!

Gina did post this on Lacey's IG:

ginaligiCan’t wait for an incredible year with you and @tasha.lee.cruz!!!!!!???☝?☝?☝?

DCC grp-Miranda, Hannah.jpg

I still think it is Gina because the shorts have no pink on them that I can see anyway...but I may be missing it.

Edited by Kayce

I think the Whitney and Kashara situations are being slighted conflated. The Kashara pic didn’t go viral like Whitney’s pic did. It was in an IG story that she posted, I believe, and beyond this board, I’m not sure it was discussed much at all (i doubt most people saw it - i wouldn’t have if i didn’t happen to be on the board that day). I also don’t think it was Halloween. It was right before a game, and it was just her group (Group 4) celebrating and having a fiesta. Everyone in her Group had on the fake mustaches and sombreros, so it wasn’t just her. Now, it probably could’ve gone viral had it been an actual post or on Instagram longer, and that could’ve been bad for the DCCs. There have been several frats and sororities embroiled in controversies for similar displays.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Ha! His face is priceless!

Watch it be the obligatory "we are going to cut it all off and color it dark brown, not really just teasing" segment they always do. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

Watch it be the obligatory "we are going to cut it all off and color it dark brown, not really just teasing" segment they always do. 

Marshall needs to lay off the plastic surgery.  He's starting to look like that cat woman.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

I was thinking she would look good with brown hair.  It would make her look a little older.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, hypeman said:

I won't deny you have a strong case for what you've shared.  Who knows the thinking behind last season's choices.  Maybe to shift focus from the negativity (albeit drama for ratings) profiling what happened with Holly and Jenna showed.  Not to mention the offscreen drama of whatever went down with Erica.  But I still feel Kashara has shown growth and come a long way from that girl who came to practice wearing the wrong outfit. 

Are reality shows manipulative?  You betcha.  That's why I take most of the drama with a grain of salt.  We are only shown what they want us to see and as a person who makes her living working in the film biz, I know better than to believe everything I see.  There's too much manipulation going on behind the scenes.  That's their ratings maker.

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I also don’t think it was Halloween. It was right before a game, and it was just her group (Group 4) celebrating and having a fiesta.

Now that you mention it, this is it, it wasn't Halloween.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I won't deny you have a strong case for what you've shared.  Who knows the thinking behind last season's choices.  Maybe to shift focus from the negativity (albeit drama for ratings) profiling what happened with Holly and Jenna showed.  Not to mention the offscreen drama of whatever went down with Erica.  But I still feel Kashara has shown growth and come a long way from that girl who came to practice wearing the wrong outfit. 

Are reality shows manipulative?  You betcha.  That's why I take most of the drama with a grain of salt.  We are only shown what they want us to see and as a person who makes her living working in the film biz, I know better than to believe everything I see.  There's too much manipulation going on behind the scenes.  That's their ratings maker.

Victoria and Dayton will be ratings makers.  I still wish Sam was with them this year.  That would have been the best!!

• Love 1