Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Kayce said:

They took Meghan Flaherty to TC (rest in peace) three times. She let them have it when they cut her the third time. 

I’d forgot about that. But I think they realised after it was foolish of them to give a girl three chances. They’ve said so many times they won’t take a girl even twice if they don’t think there’s a strong chance she’ll make it, and Brennan has majorly improved so I think she’s in 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, DFWBelle said:

Let's start playing "who do you know" until we figure this out together. I'm gonna take a strike. Correct, guess, and we'll pass it along.

Row 1:

1. ? 2. Daphne (@daph7) 3. Brennan 4. Bri Titans  5. Amy L 6. Jasmin 7. ? 8.  ? 9. Kashara 10. Lacey 11. Kelli 12. Heather O. 13. Christina 14. Tasha 15. Jessika

Row 2:

1. Gabrielle @gabbyluise 2. ? 3. ? 4 Rachel Wyatt 5. Holly look alike 6. Lindsay Brady @lindsay.nicole.brady 7. Alanna Tarango (Laker Girl) 8. ? 9 Madeleine Malloy 10. Maddy (vet) 11. Savannah 12. Yuko 13. Lauren 14. Rachel 15. Gina 

Row 3: 

1. ? 2. ? 3. Dayton 4. Alexis 5. Miranda 6. Tess 7. Erin 8. Victoria 9. Tara 10. ? 11. ? 12. Not Alyssa from Texas Tech like I previously thought 13. Khalyn (looks pissed) 14. ? 15. Molly

Row 3 #14 is Lexi 

5 minutes ago, Kayce said:

They took Meghan Flaherty to TC (rest in peace) three times. She let them have it when they cut her the third time. 

I would let them have it too especially if they kept bringing me back and then end up cutting me. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Katherine1904 said:

I’d forgot about that. But I think they realised after it was foolish of them to give a girl three chances. They’ve said so many times they won’t take a girl even twice if they don’t think there’s a strong chance she’ll make it, and Brennan has majorly improved so I think she’s in 

I hope so....she’s one of my fave rookie candidates! 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, DFWBelle said:

Let's start playing "who do you know" until we figure this out together. I'm gonna take a strike. Correct, guess, and we'll pass it along.

Row 1:

1. ? 2. Daphne (@daph7) 3. Brennan 4. Bri Titans  5. Amy L 6. Jasmin 7. ? 8.  ? 9. Kashara 10. Lacey 11. Kelli 12. Heather O. 13. Christina 14. Tasha 15. Jessika

Row 2:

1. Gabrielle @gabbyluise 2. ? 3. ? 4 Rachel Wyatt 5. Holly look alike 6. Lindsay Brady @lindsay.nicole.brady 7. Alanna Tarango (Laker Girl) 8. ? 9 Madeleine Malloy 10. Maddy (vet) 11. Savannah 12. Yuko 13. Lauren 14. Rachel 15. Gina 

Row 3: 

1. ? 2. ? 3. Dayton 4. Alexis 5. Miranda 6. Tess 7. Erin 8. Victoria 9. Tara 10. ? 11. ? 12. Not Alyssa from Texas Tech like I previously thought 13. Khalyn (looks pissed) 14. ? 15. Molly

Did Erin dye her hair brown because that looks more like her row 3 #10 beside Tara.

5 minutes ago, FutureDCC said:

I'm interested to see what they will do with Dayton in the makeover. They can probably glam her up!

I think both Dayton and VK need a makeover to look like DCC. 

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, DFWBelle said:

Row 1:

1. @malena__brown 2. ? 3. Brennan 4. Bri Titans  5. Amy L 6. Jasmin 7. ? possibly KDodd_10 8.  ? 9. Kashara 10. Lacey 11. Kelli 12. Heather O. 13. Christina 14. Tasha 15. Jessika

Row 2:

1. Gabrielle @gabbyluise 2. Daphne @daph7 3. ? 4 Rachel Wyatt 5. Jalyn @jalynstough 6. Lindsay Brady @lindsay.nicole.brady 7. Alanna Tarango (Laker Girl) 8. Amber @amber_nicole74 9 Madeleine Malloy 10. Maddy (vet) 11. Savannah 12. Yuko 13. Lauren 14. Rachel 15. Gina 

Row 3: 

1. Lily Johnson @lilyjay21 2. ? 3. Dayton 4. Alexis 5. Miranda 6. Tess 7. Taylor @TaylorJohnsonJ 8. Victoria 9. Taylor @taytauss 10. Erin @erin__margaret 11. Tara 12. Not Alyssa from Texas Tech like I previously thought 13. Khalyn (looks pissed) 14. Lexie 15. Molly

(Just bumping this to the last page....)

tcc 2018.jpeg

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Tootie said:

I believe row 3-#2 is Caroline...

Yes that's definitely Caroline! I caught that someone posted it earlier and I just missed it. I've editted it in. I also screwed up Erin too with a typo, I fixed that. 

Edited by DFWBelle
1 hour ago, DFWBelle said:

Row 1:

1. @malena__brown 2. ? 3. Brennan 4. Bri Titans  5. Amy L 6. Jasmin 7. ? possibly KDodd_10 8.  ? 9. Kashara 10. Lacey 11. Kelli 12. Heather O. 13. Christina 14. Tasha 15. Jessika

Row 2:

1. Gabrielle @gabbyluise 2. Daphne @daph7 3. possibly Bridget @classic_bridge 4 Rachel Wyatt 5. Jalyn @jalynstough 6. Lindsay Brady @lindsay.nicole.brady 7. Alanna Tarango (Laker Girl) 8. Amber @amber_nicole74 9 Madeleine Malloy 10. Maddy (vet) 11. Savannah 12. Yuko 13. Lauren 14. Rachel 15. Gina 

Row 3: 

1. Lily Johnson @lilyjay21 2. Caroline @carolinesundvold 3. Dayton 4. Alexis 5. Miranda 6. Tess 7. Taylor @TaylorJohnsonJ 8. Victoria 9. Taylor @taytauss 10. Erin @erin__margaret 11. Tara 12. Not Alyssa from Texas Tech like I previously thought 13. Khalyn (looks pissed) 14. Lexie 15. Molly

Row 3 # 12 is Hannah Anderson 

2 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

Sorry, I just can't bring it in me to celebrate the fact that out of shape "dancers" made it into training camp.

Exactly. I'd rather have Dayton than VK on the team BUT: you can't cut two vets, especially someone who was a "firecracker" over weight and then turn around and bring in a rookie who hasn't proved herself over a year like your vets, is soft and lacks power. Just doesn't make sense.

so, they kept Christina who is still struggling with flexibility, doesn't have stamina and as much power as she should. They kept Savannah who is always behind and just isn't up to par with the rest of the team. They cut one of the very few remaining power dancers. They brought in VK who I'm sorry to repeat that, but she IS awful in dcc style. She has been trying to improve two years, how exactly is she going to improve in the next 8 weeks? At least with Dayton I can see her improving on power. I don't know what is going on with K&C lately, but it's their fault the squad is getting weaker and weaker.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Kayce said:

Selina was called out for weight both years on the squad.  You're right about her being a teacher...kindergarten! She is adorable and very well spoken, though and after the drama of last year...they may choose to not cut her but warn her again.  They seem to really like her and they need less drama this year.  (Kelli and Judy)

Totally agree. Plus, in an age where NFL Cheerleaders are being treated as sex objects and women are fat shamed, what a great chance for the DCC to get out front on accepting healthy, fit women for the way they’re built!

• Love 4

I get the whole audition process and I know it’s necessary, but it does seem kind of wrong at times to cut a vet who had a good year, but for whatever reason not a good audition. Everyone has a bad day and it’s kind of sad one day can cancel out a good season. If it’s a weight related cut, that’s more understandable than lacking power or something for me. 

Im not a fan of Victoria and never have been, she’s has been annoying me for years and I can’t imagine how annoying she might become for me now that she’s is in training camp or if she makes the team (just my opinion from her social media, she’s could be lovely in person), but I am excited to see how she does in training camp. She has always wanted to be a DCC and has definetly put in a lot of work these past years - not saying anyone else didn’t - and I can’t imagine her audition wasn’t at least good, so I guess I can see why she would get a chance at training camp. I’ll probably never really love her, but if she’s great during camp, she should get the uniform. 

I really hope Brennan makes it this year. She’s got the talent and if she can keep her nerves in check there is no reason why she shouldn’t. But so far this seems like a really competitive good rookie class and I hope that doesn’t psych her out. 

Im bummed about Keyra. I’m also sad for Selina, but sadly I guess that won’t last long, I always forgot she was even on the squad (even though I  was always rooting for her) so I’ll probably forget all about her in a day or two. 

Overall I’m really excited about thins years training camp, it could end up being really great! 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Here's what I came up with doing a twitter search.  Refresh my tired brain how many vets actually reauditioned?

1.    Tess

2.    Maggie

3.    AmyL

4.    Elizabeth

5.    Lacey

6.    Molly

7.    Gina

8.    Rachel

9.    Madeline

10.   KaShara

11.   Khalyn

12.   Yuko

13.  Miranda

14.  Savanah

15.   Lauren

16.   Tess

17.   Tasha

18.   Alexis

19.   Yuko

20.   Molly

21.   Jessika

22.   Tara

you have Tess twice lol

I really hope Brennan and Erin are MUCH better than last year - I hate when repeat tryouts don't make it as it's so disheartening and avoidable as J/K have so much more info about their capabilities. 

Not surprised re Keyra and Selina but am a little sad as they're both nice fun girls. I actually enjoyed Keyra's solo more than some of the other vets. 

Very happy for Dayton - just hope CMT don't push her and VK too hard because I think it leads to fan boredom and then fan resentment which isn't fair. Also CMT acts as if legacies are a major story line but "my mom also had this job at one time" just isn't that fascinating to the fans. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Cody701 said:

If she doesn't make it, then I dont know anymore???

RE: Rachel Wyatt.... agreed!  

4 hours ago, Preity said:

Im so happy for Dayton! I think she’s someone who will work really hard during training camp to achive her dream. 

Agreed!  I'm so happy for her !!

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

Kelly has stated after counting the hands of the judges that so and so might not make it back...almost like she has to stay true to the voting and marks.  I am always on the cheerleaders side and feel there should be a little more loyalty to the vets.  Sometimes it seems like they cut a vet for whatever reason and replace them with a rookie in TC who is not better than the cut vet.  

I totally agree with this and maybe a better way of saying what I did - the decisions don't always make sense and sometimes one vet is cut but the next year there is a vet with similar situation who isn't. There's so much that goes into this process for the vets that reaches far beyond what happens at the actual auditions. In that way they do have an advantage (if they have been a great team member) and maybe those times when it seems like there is no loyalty toward the vet, there's a reason we are not aware of. I would bet it's pretty rare that kelly and Judy go into auditions not knowing which vets are gone, regardless of what they say publicly. If there wasn't a TV show involved, they would probably tell them in their exit interview (end of season interview) that it's time to part ways - many directors do that to let a vet save face.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Its rare to get cut as a vet unless you break the rules, have weight issues or a bad attitude.  Christina proved herself last season. She is not going to be cut. Just accept it already and lets start watching for what rookie candidates to root for.

This.

6 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

With Christina, one could say she has a maturity that the squad needs right now (I don't know about the personality part because I've heard that she's both a sweetheart and an entitled diva so take your pick).  She also one of the weakest dancers on the squad and hasn't worked on that as far as I've heard (whereas Savannah has supposedly worked her tail off in classes every chance she's gotten) and has blamed "forgetting to breath" for being winded as well as not having power and pop when she dances. 

Christina may have taken several classes but just doesn't put everything on social media like others do.  Just because something isn't on SM, that doesn't mean it didn't happen.  Also, the "forgetting to breathe" thing happened in TC last year, that may have been a non-issue all year.  No, I don't think Christina will ever be in show group, but I think she's solid and I'm happy she's back :)

YAY Brennan!!!!  I think this is her year!!!  If she's cut, I hope she makes Megan Flaherty's final cut look tame :)

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

It's going to be such a pretty squad this year.

Seriously!! giving Mavs a run for their money in looks lol 

Sad that it doesn't look like Gaebri made it but most of the girls i was rooting for did.  

• Love 7
1 minute ago, booptroop said:

Im tryint o be nice about  VK, but her face just doesnt work. Cameos are going to be rough for her.

Screenshot_20180512-064502_Instagram.jpg

Think so? I think she's pretty. She'll just have to not do a super big smile, but she'll be fine.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Cristi tapped out. I wonder if she will try for Mavs.

It's possible but I think it's just as likely she moves back home. She's super close to her family and has been missing her nephews growing up. She's home now for a visit - she did the same last year after she was cut. Her director from when she was on Shockwave and Pistons is the Director for the Lions now so it wouldn't surprise me if she goes that way either although her style is way more NBA than it is NFL. I don't see her giving up pro dance entirely though. 

• Love 5

So happy for Brennan and Dayton!  I sure hope this is Brennan's year!

So sad for Keyra!  Loved her tenacity and personality last year.  I hope she can bask in the sunlight of her one year of being a DCC!  She worked so very hard.

If body type had anything to do with her being cut it's just the way it is.

It reminds me of the thut girl I loved so much who was cut--"This is what God gave me."

You go girl.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, hypeman said:

If what I'm seeing is correct, this is going to be the least diverse squad they've ever had.

They only have 3 black girls to make TC? Jasmin, Brianna, and Khalyn?

All those pretty women of color trying out have suddenly disappeared.

I need to regroup.

Could be the reason Khalyn looks pissed.   Idk if it's the yellow lighting or just a bad photo, but the two rookie TCC don't even look like they are a POC.  I had to strain to find them.

• Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

Notice they didn't show her audition today.  That was intentional.  I bet it isn't shown on the show either.  It was BAD.

Or they are aware (which we know they are) of the severe dislike for her so they decided not to put her through any more of it unnecessarily. I've gone back and watched videos from 2 years ago, ones more recent and also her comp convention videos and I just don't see anything but steady improvement. Plus she's 18 and there's a huge leap in style and power for most dancers at that age if they get the right coaching.

Edited by fan1999
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Preity said:

Im so happy for Dayton! I think she’s someone who will work really hard during training camp to achive her dream. 

I like Dayton, and really hope she makes the squad.  I could be wrong, but it seems like she isn't going to expect to be handed anything, and is down to Earth.  This might cause some problems with VK in training camp if the other girls like Dayton and not her.  VK just seems like an in ur face look at me, I'm the best kind of girl which is annoying.  So Gina but without the talent to back it up.  

Side note, did Sam borrow that dress from her mom?  I feel like that is a Kelly dress, and Kelly has worn it before on the show.  That fabric on Sam looks....not great, but the dress does.  I wonder if Sam decided against being a DCC because she knows there is no way to get on the squad without a bunch of drama surrounding if she got on, on her own merit.

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Think so? I think she's pretty. She'll just have to not do a super big smile, but she'll be fine.

She's pretty, but when she smiles that big it is not flattering.  I feel horrible for saying this, but when someone smiles like that, it reminds me of donkey from Shrek.

• Love 5

I think it’s now up to VK to make the team on her own. If in fact nepotism got her this far, I think that’s as far as it goes. If she’s truly as bad and as snotty as several people say on these boards, then I think they’ll cut her. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, UnicornSparkles said:

She's pretty, but when she smiles that big it is not flattering.  I feel horrible for saying this, but when someone smiles like that, it reminds me of donkey from Shrek.

Yeah that's what I meant by 'if she doesn't smile big.' That's something she can change though.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

so did none of the ice angel girls make it to TC?? No Randi? no brittany elle? 

I haven't seen anything either way but I will say that from watching videos of some of the ice angles routines, it seems their style is closer to an NBA style than an NFL style. Some girls can do both, some girls can transition easily and some girls are just trained in a way that makes one or the other very difficult for them while the other style makes them look like a rock star. I think that's why so many AAIA (and Mavs dancers in past years) tryout and get through the first two rounds but die on the field. There is a big difference between making the choreo look powerful in a small setting and making it look powerful (while keeping style in it) on the field of a stadium that seats 90,000+ people. It doesn't mean they are very very talented dancers though. 

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, DFWBelle said:

Row 1:

Row 2:

1. Gabrielle @gabbyluise 2. Daphne @daph7 3. Bridget @classic_bridge 4 Rachel Wyatt 5. Jalyn @jalynstough 6. Lindsay Brady @lindsay.nicole.brady 7. Alanna Tarango (Laker Girl) 8. Amber @amber_nicole74 9 Madeleine Malloy 10. Maddy (vet) 11. Savannah 12. Yuko 13. Lauren 14. Rachel 15. Gina 

Row 3: 

1. Lily Johnson @lilyjay21 2. Caroline @carolinesundvold 3. Dayton 4. Alexis 5. Miranda 6. Tess 7. Taylor @TaylorJohnsonJ 8. Victoria 9. Taylor @taytauss 10. Erin @erin__margaret 11. Tara 12. Possibly Hannah Anderson Chicago Luv-A-Bulls 13. Khalyn 14. Lexie 15. Molly

Good morning everyone! 

We still have 4 girls to identify. 

Row 1 girl 2 looks a lot like Gaebri but there’s nothing in her social media, I haven’t seen any tags on her or her fiance’s Pages. 

Row 1 girl 7 possibly @Kdodd_10 

Row 1 girl 8 

Row 3 girl 12 possibly Hannah Anderson, need social media handle/confirmation. 

Get to sleuthing ??

Edited by DFWBelle
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, dccfangirl said:

I really hope Brennan and Erin are MUCH better than last year - I hate when repeat tryouts don't make it as it's so disheartening and avoidable as J/K have so much more info about their capabilities. 

Not surprised re Keyra and Selina but am a little sad as they're both nice fun girls. I actually enjoyed Keyra's solo more than some of the other vets. 

Very happy for Dayton - just hope CMT don't push her and VK too hard because I think it leads to fan boredom and then fan resentment which isn't fair. Also CMT acts as if legacies are a major story line but "my mom also had this job at one time" just isn't that fascinating to the fans. 

I didn't like Erin last year, but I saw a video of her recently and oh my god... she's like a different dancer! I think her transformation is bigger than Madeleine's, as Madi had the same style but lacked confidence. Erin went from a stiff ballerina to dcc imo. Yes she still needs training BUT she deserves the chance. 

36 minutes ago, UnicornSparkles said:

I like Dayton, and really hope she makes the squad.  I could be wrong, but it seems like she isn't going to expect to be handed anything, and is down to Earth.  This might cause some problems with VK in training camp if the other girls like Dayton and not her.  VK just seems like an in ur face look at me, I'm the best kind of girl which is annoying.  So Gina but without the talent to back it up.  

Side note, did Sam borrow that dress from her mom?  I feel like that is a Kelly dress, and Kelly has worn it before on the show.  That fabric on Sam looks....not great, but the dress does.  I wonder if Sam decided against being a DCC because she knows there is no way to get on the squad without a bunch of drama surrounding if she got on, on her own merit.

You killed me with the Gina comparison, but it's so on point!

• Love 3