Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

(edited)
On May 9, 2018 at 1:49 PM, Mr. Minor said:

I don't believe I've ever seen anyone at a reunion ask the viewers to give someone another chance, like LVP did. WTF! 

That was bullshit. Lisa knew how that would play. Dorit will still get fired. And Lisa will shrug and say, "oh well, I tried" to PK. If Dorit doesn't get fired, Lisa will take the credit and say her measly little plea saved Dorit. Lol, well played, LVP!

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 11
(edited)

Regarding the article someone (Giselle?) posted about Kyle's daughter Portia , being some 10 year old, up and coming, extremely talented make up artist with pics of her doing Teddi's face. Seriously, it's NOT difficult to apply make up to some else's face and get it perfect (cat eyeliner, fake lashes, contouring, eyebrows)It's being able to apply make up to your own face and look good. But I get it...its Kyle tootin' her own horn again. Portia will get a great job as a make up "artist" because of her mom. Just like the Rinna girls became "runway models". Excuse me while I go throw up.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 10

I think LVP and Ken have a deep friendship with PK, and he may have asked her to cut Dorit some slack- hence the comment on the reunion about giving Dorit a chance. LVP does seem to value old friends- especially wealthy ones. 

• Love 5
On 5/9/2018 at 11:12 AM, Misslindsey said:

Hee! Oh but Erika claims her outfits give her so much depth. I guess she mistakes being an asshole with depth. 

They also occasionally give her lots of width.

• Love 9

Regarding Mauricio's family, I believe they went from Spain to Mexico during the Spanish civil war (many Spaniards fled the country).  Because Spain stayed out of WWII and had an agreement with Hitler, Spain wasn't invaded and their Jewish citizens weren't sent to concentration camps.  I don't know why I think this; it may be my own theory I made up to have it all make sense to me.

1 hour ago, albarino said:

Regarding Mauricio's family, I believe they went from Spain to Mexico during the Spanish civil war (many Spaniards fled the country).  Because Spain stayed out of WWII and had an agreement with Hitler, Spain wasn't invaded and their Jewish citizens weren't sent to concentration camps.  I don't know why I think this; it may be my own theory I made up to have it all make sense to me.

At least you took the time to research (or hypothesize). That's a lot more than Kyle did. Mauricio must be mortified that his wife is so fucking ignorant. But look at the bright side Mauricio, Kyle knows an expensive handbag when she sees one. That's so much more meaningful.

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, albarino said:

His family isn't Spanish. His grandparents were Russian, Greek, and Mexican but I have no idea when the Russian/Greek contingent moved to Mexico.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4

https://books.google.com/books?id=4a5RAQAAQBAJ&lpg=PA429&ots=SkY2dblkBu&dq=umansky moving to spain&pg=PA429#v=onepage&q=umansky moving to spain&f=true

I googled Umansky's moving to Spain and I hope I've copied the reference correctly.  I was not able to figure out how to copy from the book....In short, a Captain Umansky was involved with Russia shipping weapons to Spain during the Spanish civil war.  The book references him being from Austrian Galicia.  I'm not tied to this theory; I ran this morning so I'm too sore to move and I'm watching the Amgen Tour de California and the cyclists are going in loops.

If they are related, yes, Kyle should know all about it.  All I did was google.....

• Love 3
4 hours ago, albarino said:

Yes. General Franco, who assumed totalitarian control in '39, favored the Axis powers and the mustachioed pus-head from Austria (in theory because Germany had helped Franco in his quest for power.)  Wiki gets a lot of stuff ... not so right but the page about Spain and WW2 actually is quite thorough. #9 in the contents discusses the Jews during this time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spain_during_World_War_II

(edited)
3 hours ago, albarino said:

https://books.google.com/books?id=4a5RAQAAQBAJ&lpg=PA429&ots=SkY2dblkBu&dq=umansky moving to spain&pg=PA429#v=onepage&q=umansky moving to spain&f=true

I googled Umansky's moving to Spain and I hope I've copied the reference correctly.  I was not able to figure out how to copy from the book....In short, a Captain Umansky was involved with Russia shipping weapons to Spain during the Spanish civil war.  The book references him being from Austrian Galicia.  I'm not tied to this theory; I ran this morning so I'm too sore to move and I'm watching the Amgen Tour de California and the cyclists are going in loops.

If they are related, yes, Kyle should know all about it.  All I did was google.....

Umansky is not a rare name and even with that the page states that Captain Umansky was in Odessa not Spain during the Spanish Civil War. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2

Umansky is not a rare name and even with that the page states that Captain Umansky was in Odessa not Spain during the Spanish Civil War. 

I referenced the footnotes; not sure if you saw them.  I contend going from Russia to Mexico in the 1930s does not make any sense to me hence my curiosity.  Many Spanish speaking folks fled to Spanish speaking countries during the Spanish civil war.  My Spanish teacher's family went to Paris.  Yes, I know Parisians don't speak Spanish as their first language but her dad was a lawyer.  

Since Kyle hasn't enlightened us, we're only speculating.  Russia to Mexico in the 30's doesn't make any sense to me.  What is your theory?

• Love 2
(edited)
42 minutes ago, albarino said:

Referenced the footnotes; not sure if you saw them.  I contend going from Russia to Mexico in the 1930s does not make any sense to me h

Who said they did it in the 30s? The footnote said he was from the former Austrian Galicia which is what is now Poland and Ukraine so i don't understand what that has to do with Spain or knowing Spanish.

There are tons of articles out there about Jewish immigration to Mexico out there and many did not come from Spain and there is absolitely no indication when or why Mauricio's family immigrated to Mexico. Maybe one day Mauricio will be famous enough to appear on Who Do You Think You Are? and both the audience and Kyle will learn something about his family history. 

I will also sort of defend Kyle even though I do find her extremely self centered, it is Mauricio's family and she shouldn't be the one responsible for making sure their kids know about his side of the family.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
On 5/13/2018 at 9:14 AM, VedaPierce said:

I agree 100%! The hostility boils down to money. Kyle has been on this show for years now talking about her childhood. strait-up. Nothing cloaked in "based on" nonsense. She's dragged her sister on and dissected all their family struggles, alcoholism, dog bites, lawsuits, bathroom drug-use, etc. NOW Kathy has a problem with showing family secrets? GMAFB. KATHY is the worst out of the 3 of them, imho. She's a big-mouthed, manipulative load. I watched her stupid, unsuccessful show, and talk about trash! She's also responsible for Paris and Barron - didn't he get dragged off a plane while on a drug rant? She wants her cut and knowing Kyle, isn't getting a dime.

Good for Kyle!!

• Love 5

I think Kathy is just like her mother. For God’s sakes, she raised Paris and Baron. Although to give her credit, her daughter, Nikki, seems to have turned out to be a fine person. It’s often like this in families—one child turns out well while the rest of the family is drugged up, felonious or just plain awful. Who knows? It does seem to me that Kyle is the most “normal” of the three daughters which isn’t saying much in Hollywood. Perhaps that’s to Mauricio’s credit also?

• Love 10

Kathy married the Hilton.  She's the oldest.  She wants the control.  And the 'fame'.  How dare Mauricio leave Hilton.  How dare Kyle become just as, or more, famous as her.  Same goes for Kim.  Reality is that Kathy's kids are...well, what can I say.  Kim...what can I say.  I do feel sorry for her kids..  Kyle and Mauricio  have the most solid family out of all of them.  There's a reason why Big Kathy made Kyle executor of her will.  Kyle just needs to grow a pair when it comes to her sisters.  She's getting there but she's needs to realize that she just can't kowtow to them.

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Kathy married the Hilton.  She's the oldest.  She wants the control.  And the 'fame'.  How dare Mauricio leave Hilton.  How dare Kyle become just as, or more, famous as her.  Same goes for Kim.  Reality is that Kathy's kids are...well, what can I say.  Kim...what can I say.  I do feel sorry for her kids..  Kyle and Mauricio  have the most solid family out of all of them.  There's a reason why Big Kathy made Kyle executor of her will.  Kyle just needs to grow a pair when it comes to her sisters.  She's getting there but she's needs to realize that she just can't kowtow to them.

I get that it's hard for Kyle.  My two sisters are bullies and I know I shouldn't let them control my feelings, but....every time they throw me a bone, I jump on it.  It's hard to realize that the people you loved as a child could be such mean adults. 

• Love 15
On May 10, 2018 at 5:17 AM, LIMOM said:

Imo, Erika and Tom were a good match at one point, they both came from modest origins and made something out of themselves.

Agree with all except the above excerpt. I think TOM made something out of Erika. She was a waitress that abandoned her toddler on the other side of the country when he needed a mother most, to persue her dreams in Hollywood. She found everything she was looking for in a man old enough to be her grandpa. She achieved finding a wallet. 

• Love 17
On 5/13/2018 at 6:00 PM, biakbiak said:

Who said they did it in the 30s? The footnote said he was from the former Austrian Galicia which is what is now Poland and Ukraine so i don't understand what that has to do with Spain or knowing Spanish.

There are tons of articles out there about Jewish immigration to Mexico out there and many did not come from Spain and there is absolitely no indication when or why Mauricio's family immigrated to Mexico. Maybe one day Mauricio will be famous enough to appear on Who Do You Think You Are? and both the audience and Kyle will learn something about his family history. 

I will also sort of defend Kyle even though I do find her extremely self centered, it is Mauricio's family and she shouldn't be the one responsible for making sure their kids know about his side of the family.

Did Mauricio's mother say there is someone of South American heritage in the family?  Could be like Frieda Kahlo-her father was from Germany and she was born in 1900.  

My guess is the children probably do know about their family history, Kyle just didn't listen.  I would think at some time it would come up at seder dinner.

• Love 4

Watching this again right now is a good lead-in to the new season - I had forgotten how bent out of shape LVP got about Kyle saying she got upset when things weren’t about her. She maligned Kyle at the reunion as paypack.

omg - totally forgot how horrible Erika was to Teddi!

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 2

I'm watching it for the same reason and because I missed some of last season. I'm sorry-I can't stand people who say "I'm an asshole"--so you automatically get a pass for rudeness and generally shitty behavior? Um, no. I'll see how much if this season I can stand. 

• Love 5
On 5/14/2018 at 3:55 PM, Gam2 said:

It does seem to me that Kyle is the most “normal” of the three daughters which isn’t saying much in Hollywood. Perhaps that’s to Mauricio’s credit also?

Kyle is the most neurotic housewife I've seen. She talks constantly about wanting to 'be honest' yet when the group seems to be geling (sp?) suddenly Kyle is dramatically crying and running. I am over her. As for Dorit, I can't understand half of what she says. She tries so hard to be relevant yet talks nonsense, with no point.

• Love 5
On 5/9/2018 at 10:56 PM, RHJunkie said:

So was it Rinna's plan all along to keep quiet during the season and then just jump in on everyone else's storylines to provide her unsolicited option or did she realize that she had nothing to really talk about and she needed to be relevant in order to ensure her return next year and keep that lovely pay cheque coming? 

I have always enjoyed watching Lisa Rinni. She's not all about the drama this year, but she still continues to make me laugh during her talking heads.

• Love 3