Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Actually, the editor and chief  makes the final decision.  I worked for a very well know national magazine.  Yes, an editor can decide to reshoot but the final decision is make by the editor in chief.  Which would be LVP.

In this case the dude is also the owner/publisher of the magazine so would have the ability to overrule, especially because it's pretty clear that Lisa is just editor in name only.

• Love 21
14 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I knew you would disagree.  Actually, the editor and chief  makes the final decision.  I worked for a very well know national magazine.  Yes, an editor can decide to reshoot but the final decision is make by the editor in chief.  Which would be LVP.

And yes, Dorit did make a stink but LVP made the final decision of cutting off Dorit's head.  I have no problem with that but  LVP needed to own up to that.

So I have a question - does someone with LVP's resume get named editor-in-chief often, or is she just sort of an "honorary" one due to her level of "fame" in BH?

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, princelina said:

So I have a question - does someone with LVP's resume get named editor-in-chief often, or is she just sort of an "honorary" one due to her level of "fame" in BH?

See biakbiak's post above. The artistic Director/Editor is the magazine's owner/publisher, so he has the final say, not Lisa and he was very upset at Dorit/her behavior. I think she is EIC because she is good at what she does and because she is popular as a BH HW.

• Love 16

Kyle plays the victim...she is do exhausting.  Her husband deserves a medal putting up with her.

Erika is the complete opposite..so cold.

Dorit is the perfect example of priviledge.  Anyone that asks me for an example, I forward them links to Dorit on the show.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, princelina said:

It appears that LVP has an arrangement where she is the "face" of the publication and no doubt opines about the various profiles and images -- but how much power she has over editorial and creative decisions (other than to say she wants to do a story on X or do a fashion shoot featuring Y) is debatable. Look at the staff page:

Lisa's image is large and color (and dangerously approaching cat-woman territory) whereas everyone else is a small-by-comparison B&W shot. I was amused to see Pandora is the executive editor (just shaking my head on that one), and Trista and Ryan from one of those Bachelor shows are editorial contributors.

http://www.bhlmagazine.com/our-voices/

You'll all be happy to know Beverly Hills Lifestyle has a deep sense of commitment to the world, proudly declaring

Our writers and photographers seek truth: stories that convey a deep sense of purpose. 

http://www.bhlmagazine.com/page-2/

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, SCS said:

It appears that LVP has an arrangement where she is the "face" of the publication and no doubt opines about the various profiles and images -- but how much power she has over editorial and creative decisions (other than to say she wants to do a story on X or do a fashion shoot featuring Y) is debatable. Look at the staff page:

Lisa's image is large and color (and dangerously approaching cat-woman territory) whereas everyone else is a small-by-comparison B&W shot. I was amused to see Pandora is the executive editor (just shaking my head on that one), and Trista and Ryan from one of those Bachelor shows are editorial contributors.

Giving this a "like" is not enough - I also have to add hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

• Love 8
(edited)
54 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

In this case the dude is also the owner/publisher of the magazine so would have the ability to overrule, especially because it's pretty clear that Lisa is just editor in name only.

Well, then does that say more about the the owner or LVP's disagree of thirsty?   It's all phony on the part of LVP.  She's playing a game. She's guilty as charged because she's being far less than truthful.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Impalace said:

How could Kyle not know if Mauricio lost family in the Holocaust? 

I wondered about this as well. Lisa Vanderpump really shouldn't feel any type of way about Kyle not remembering her grandmother's name as this seems to signal that Kyle is essentially not interested in other people. Including her husband's family history.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Well, then does that say more about the the owner or LVP's disagree of thirsty?   It's all phony on the part of LVP.  She's playing a game. She's guilty as charged because she's being far less than truthful.

To me on both RHOBH and on VPR, were they also focused a little on the magazine though not the Dorit thing it seemed clear that it was a figurehead position with no real power and she wouldn't be doimg the day to day work of an actual Editor-in-Chief.

• Love 7
(edited)
12 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

LVP truly resents her character or integrity being challenged, but she's been busted more than a few time times with video proof of her shady old arse! I will always remember her spinning a yarn to "stay in the game" with Erika that 1st season! Eileen had given Erika a script for her BD to see if she'd appear on that SOAP of hers! LVP couldn't stand it and told Erika that Eileen had asked her to "be on the show as well!" It was BS with the clip showing Eileen giving LVP a tour of the studio and Lisa begging "for a line!" Eileen was totally ignoring her as they walked along the corridor! I really wasn't watching much back then and even I felt Eileen can't be on LVP's bud list and she had a lot of nerve even thinking she deserved such a "gift!" ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

I know - I thought the same thing!  Well, it wasn't her family so I guess she wasn't that interested?

Mauricio's parents were born in Mexico City.  His mother has siblings that were born in 1936-so I am thinking they were pretty safe from  the Nazis.  I think Mauricio mentioned he was Greek, Turkish, Mexican and Peruvian.  Kyle might want to brush up on her children's heritage.  Dad was born in Mexico City and grew up in Bel Air might need some additions to the family tree.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, Reality police said:

Thank you, thank you. I have been yelling this at the tv for the last few episodes. Everyone forgets that the photo shoot was only supposed to be her hands and decolletage in the first place. I agree with whomever made the decision to "cut off her head". Dorit was such an ass during the shoot and think she got what she deserved.

If the magazine were a serious publication they would not care one bit what went on behind the seasons, they would run the best photos.  Punishment would have been to take Dorit out entirely of her freebie modeling day.  I doubt Vogue cuts models heads off because they were naughty on set-then again they most likely pay their models.

The shoot was for Vanderpump's jewelry line I would say she had total control of the content,  plus she enjoyed the confessional crack she made about "off with her head".  This is one time Vanderpump should have employed the British humor line and moved on.  

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

The shoot was for Vanderpump's jewelry line I would say she had total control of the content,  plus she enjoyed the confessional crack she made about "off with her head".  This is one time Vanderpump should have employed the British humor line and moved on.  

But the plan was always for it not to show her face, so this storyline seems ridiculous.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

But the plan was always for it not to show her face, so this storyline seems ridiculous.

Well we have Kyle to thank for bringing it up at Dorit's event.  As if she didn't know the answer.  

Obviously there was an audible and they decided to change.  Why waste the time making Dorit up if they weren't going to use her face?  Winnie Harlow, a professional ,odel and Brad Goresky boh said LVP was wrong to cut off Dorit's head.  Winnie was surprised to hear Dorit and LVP were friends.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Impalace said:

THIS. Plus, contrary to what idiot Vyle said, it is totally untrue that 'everyone lost someone during the war'. 

Not every family lost someone in the war (mine didn't, with the possible exception of a very distant relative, and I mean very distant). Furthermore, if Kyle had a brain or add to learn about Mauricio's family, she would know that he's probably Sephardic being Mexican, and likely did not lose anyone in the war. And last but by no means least, it felt to me like DUHRit was making up that's family Holocaust story as the words were stuttering out of her pie hole.

I don't understand why Teddi agreed with Erika that they had to have it out 'this way'. Erika is a cheap, tacky, pathetic gold digging bitch and she should not be asked back.p, not given a platform to bully other women.

Kyle is just full of shit all the time. She really is a moron.

LVP is an old bag who thinks she's a damn Queen, she ain't. Talking about all the material shit she owns isn't what I would call classy. And her plea that the audience should give DUHrit another chance says to me that stupid DUHRit is scared about being fired because of all negative backlash on social media about her, and I'd bet good money she's making PKs life a living hell over it, and he begged LVP to say something nice about her on the reunion to get her to STFU at home. I would bet money that's what that little comment was about.

PLEASE SHOWRUNNERS, fire Dorit and Erika, they are not entertaining to watch and they ruin this franchise.

• Love 16
25 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Right!

I wanted Teddi to be like "no, bitch its on you because you're rude and disrespectful to me every chance you get. So, you're accountable for your nasty behavior. "

Just because Erika says "I'm an asshole to everyone....giggle " doesn't excuse that she is rude, it dosent make it cute or quirky.  It makes you someone that dosent care how you make others feel. I can be bitchy and have been an asshole at times but Im not proud of it or wear it like a badge of honor. I'm actually embarrassed if I treat people in a  disrespectful way.

Erika never liked Teddi,  I'm not sure why but it was clear from the beginning. I'm over Erika and her too cool for school bullshit. 

Bold is mine. Surely she attends law firm related functions and I doubt that she's an asshole to Tom's colleagues and their wives.  For that matter, I doubt she's an asshole to Tom.  Which means regardless of what she says, she is NOT "an asshole to everyone". 

• Love 24
9 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

I would have flipped Erika off long before allowing that amount of frustration! Teddi does not need some pretentious POS like Erika in her life! ;-)

Unless she would like to continue receiving a check for her participation in this show, in which case she will have to figure out a way to tolerate that woman.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

And Erica's ability to gaslight is masterful.  Masterful.  "That's on you, Teddi, if you hate when I snap at you.  That has nothing to do with me." 

Which prompted my "Erika is full of shit" comment.  She is a master of many things...kind, relatable human being not being one of them.

8 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

Noooooooooooooooooooo! Make the season be over already! Please? 

I can see Kyle pitching a show about two sisters who join a reality show and one has a drinking problem. Oh wait, she will gender swap it, so it will now be two brothers joining a reality where one has a drinking problem. See totally not about Kyle's life at all. She is just so stealthy.

Merely "inspired by", not "based on".  Huuuuuge difference.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Rahul said:

Why is LVP begging the audience to give Dorit another chance?

Producers, we have spoken. We don't want to see that phony, pretentious, poor excuse for a human with virtually no redeeming qualities on our screens ever again.

Kyle, what's more important to you; family and your relationship with your sisters as you claim, or fame and fortune based on stories from your personal life as your actions dictate?

That's rhetorical, right?

• Love 14
8 hours ago, WireWrap said:

If the blind was true, that Erika/Tom are through, then I am not surprised by this! http://tamaratattles.com/2018/05/08/goodbye-erika-jayne/

Did she go there with them or did they see each other there?

IMO, Lisa left it up to her Artistic Director/Editor, like she told him she would. 

They went together. Bravo said Porsha even did Teddi's makeup.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/lookbook/portia-umansky-did-teddi-mellencamp-arroyaves-coachella-makeup%3famp

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Impalace said:

I know we're shown very limited interaction between the couples but it's never seemed to me that Kyle and Mauricio have deep conversations.  It's usually about how hot they are for each other, how in love they are, etc.  Plus, given Kyle's penchant for drama I have a feeling that most of their conversations revolve around how she feels.  She just doesn't appear to be that interested in other people's lives/feelings.  Just IMHO.

t

• Love 12
7 hours ago, film noire said:

teddy.jpg

Sorry but this picture reminds me of Eden Sassoon giving one of her never ending, clingy hugs.

I agree with your entire post.

Team Teddi!

• Love 21
(edited)

Lisa Lisa Lisa you are on tape bringing up you dont want Dorit just say yes i was getting back at her and move on... Just like her saying her friendship with Kyle was all about Kyle to get back at Kyle saying sometimes its not all about you at Teddies... she can not let a slight go by without retaliating but she doesn't do it on the spot she goes home and plans

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 4

http://ew.com/recap/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-season-8-episode-21/

LOL at this .......

Teddi! “Amnesia” is a very rare occurrence, mostly popularized by television shows and fanfiction about television shows. When Erika wasn’t remembering whatever you needed her to, it would have been ludicrous for you to say she had real amnesia, Teddi! Any amnesia you were perplexed by Erika having in that moment would have to be fake, i.e. pretend. Fo example, you had not seen this woman be struck by a runaway dumpster, nor hit over the head by Mikey in attempt to wear her skin like a coat, nor star in a Sandra Bullock rom-com. It was perfectly reasonable, and characteristically lame for you to describe Erika’s lack of memory as pretend amnesia because unless Erika is extending her guest stints from Young and the Restless to Grey’s Anatomy, she could never have had the real thing.

This is all not to suggest that Teddi is in the wrong for not liking the way Erika almost incinerated her to ash like Voldemort’s face in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (are you sensing a theme here?) — just that Teddi could have explained further how it was unwarranted for Erika to nearly go full “Dracarys, Drogon” (uh oh, fantasy series switch-up!) on her for suggesting that she might not have a rare medical condition that caused her to forget her whole life. Instead, Erika went to every length possible on Tuesday night to suggest it was totally fine for her to eat Teddi like a hobbit’s second breakfast (am I losing you?) for saying she had pretend amnesia, and further, that the fault was in Teddi for simply perceiving her pure, unadulterated fury incorrectly. All Teddi needed to tell Erika about the pretend amnesia comment: It’s just really not that deep, babe.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Seriously Kyle - the Glass House show is going to be about a female who starts her own real estate agency leaving her job as an RA for her mother in law?

What's next? Off The Wagon Sister - the story about a PA who works for her famous sister who has a drinking problem?

Yeah I can tell you are going to be making up with Kathy and Kim real soon

I have to wonder why Kyle has to make all these silly "ideas" of hers into tv shows. They're hardly ideas, they are her life with thinly veiled changes - not very imaginative. She cries about being alienated from her sisters, yet she feels the need to produce these  dreadful (judging be the few minutes of American Women we saw) loser shows. Is she that stupid?

I can't help thinking about the crazy Alison telling her Mauricio would never fulfill her emotionally. Could that be the issue here? (in addition of course to her mommy - sister issues) She still has Portia home, has all the $ in the world, a couple of stores, her spot on this show. I'm not saying that women shouldn't pursue any dreams outside of family, but geez, she needs to come up with something better than crappy tv pilots.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Erika dresses as if she's going to be featured in a heavily editorialized photo shoot (or a Moschino ad) every time she leaves the house it would seem.  You're not old fashioned, Erika is a ridiculous facsimile of a human.

She’s also a little long in the tooth for some of these fashion statements that she’s trying to make. Clinging to her youth? 

• Love 13

Kyle's new teeth really gave her a different look.  I don't understand why people are always screwing with their teeth.  I don't recall her having "bad" teeth to begin with, did she?  She must have run out of things to focus on in the mirror that day.  That thing she does with her mouth constantly, the clamping of the lips, drives me batty.  I'm assuming she's trying to smooth out the filler, lol.

1 minute ago, Mindthinkr said:

She’s also a little long in the tooth for some of these fashion statements that she’s trying to make. Clinging to her youth? 

Me thinks she's clinging to a lot of things.

• Love 8