Type keyword(s) to search

The People's Court - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Very unusual dog case --- no bite, no fight, this is about puppies. Two breeders have a verbal agreement about a litter, but the litigants have very different versions of what the agreement entails. Both sides have witnesses, but everyone has totally different stories and no evidence. MM gives some rough justice and awards a dollar amount for a stud fee which is twice what defendant offered, but a fraction of what the plaintiff wanted. Case really kind of boring, except for reaction of MM when one breeder repeatedly calls her bitch a bitch.

Next case is about a kitchen reno. Plaintiffs thinking about redoing kitchen and hire some guy they run into while shopping at Lowes. After giving the defendant a $6,000 check they start thinking they really don't know anything about the guy, so THEN they start asking questions. Defendant gives them a couple phone and addresses of his "show rooms." One is his home address (he lives with Mom), other is an actual showroom, but he really has nothing to do with them except as a customer. Defendant is trying to be a scammer, he's just not any good at it. He's already returned a big chunk of the money, something no self-respecting scammer would ever do. Whole time he's testifying he's looking down, never looks up to meet MM's eyes. I can hear JJ yelling "LOOK HERE, DON'T LOOK DOWN, LOOK AT ME!!!" In the end MM makes him return the rest of the money because of the bogus representations of showrooms in his emails. She says would have let him keep that money because he did some work on planning the cabinet layout, but he loses because he sent emails with the bogus showroom info before plaintiffs gave him the check.

Third case about a fur coat. Plaintiff wants his money back because his fur coat sheds. He loses.

• Love 1

I understand that JM is very emotional about her family and I can appreciate that. She obviously had/has a family with close and strong bonds but not everyone has that -  in spite of their best efforts - and I'm surprised she can't recognize that. Giving birth does NOT always make someone a mother. As JJ says - cats, dogs and guppies can have babies. (and I say they are often better parents. Well, maybe not the guppies but you know what I mean!) I have a friend whose mother had nine kids and NEVER was she a mother.

Even the mom here looked befuddled when she was informed that she was there to see her son, and not to get $400 and/or a 40" VIZIO TV. Sorry, JM. I know your heart is in the right place but blood is NOT always thicker than water. Sometimes it's just an accident of birth and a person is better off just walking away, as I think the son is, in this case.

I have quite a few gay friends here who were tossed out of their families after they came out. Most of them are Mormon. All of them would tell you that they consider their current friends and partners their families, not the people who abandoned them when they needed their support the most.

I haven't seen the case, but what's wrong with Vizio TVs? I have a 50-inch one in my living room, and it's really nice. Am I missing something/

• Love 4

I haven't seen the case, but what's wrong with Vizio TVs?

There's nothing wrong with Vizios and the make isn't the point. (I have a Vizio in the bedroom.) It could have been Sony, Samsung, LG or whatever. The point is that this mother was so specific about the size and make of a TV that she wanted from the son she abandoned when he was three years old. If I had left my child at that age, never saw or gave a shit what happened to him and never paid a dime for his support, I think I would be too ashamed to admit that I'm suing him for a few hundred dollars and a damned TV, no matter the make or size.

Ack! I forgot to mention the one case I watched today (can't watch anymore puppy peddlers and couldn't watch the last case with sickening fur coat and last "munff") Those two middleaged women (not naive young girls) who spoke well and seemed of normal intelligence gave 6,000$ to.. some guy who was sitting  in Lowe's, without bothering to find out anything about him, what his credentials were or even requesting the most minimal of contracts: I'm really sorry they got anything back, because this kind of willful blindness and stupidity needs to be punished and not rewarded.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 2

Ack! I forgot to mention the one case I watched today (can't watch anymore puppy peddlers and couldn't watch the last case with sickening fur coat and last "munff") Those two middleaged women (not naive young girls) who spoke well and seemed of normal intelligence gave 6,000$ to.. some guy who was sitting  in Lowe's, without bothering to find out anything about him, what his credentials were or even requesting the most minimal of contracts: I'm really sorry they got anything back, because this kind of willful blindness and stupidity needs to be punished and not rewarded.

They at least had the good sense (finally!) to admit they had been idiots and to be embarrassed that they allowed themselves to be rooked.  Interesting to me that so many shady businessmen are willing to have their game outed on national TV, presumably just for their 15 minutes of fame and/or the (we now know) potential to get $50 when they lose their case. 

I watch TPC on my bedroom Vizio and it's a good TV.  Got it for a good price at Costco.  I agree with AngelaHunter that the issue wasn't the TV, it was that she was bartering her relationship with her son for money, or in the alternative, a thing. 

• Love 3

For the life of me, I cannot imagine spending my hard earned money for a TMZ celebrity tour -- oh, and a chance to see Kim Kardashian!  Dear Producers, we watch PC for the cases, not for Levin and his shenanigans.  

There's no forum for Judge Mathis that I could find (go figure), but even the lowest litigant on PC is way better than the best litigant on Mathis.  

• Love 7

Dear Producers, we watch PC for the cases, not for Levin and his shenanigans.

I bet Levin gets tons of hate mail, Twitters, Grindrs, Tweeters, whatever and cackles with glee and pride over them. 

"I watch this show for dear Harvey and his entertaining, charming banter. Every time he says darling things like, "Who's the Italian meatball?" or his iconic, "______ her? He hardly KNEW 'ER!" I dissolve into gales of laughter. The delightful, amusing scripts he gives the No-Neck Hall Clown to read as the litigants come in? Why, I haven't heard someone described as a "louse" since the last time I watched Cagney in "Public Enemy". So wonderfully quaint and evocative! I just love both of those cuties. If only we could see more of them!" said no one. Ever.

• Love 8

There's nothing wrong with Vizios and the make isn't the point. (I have a Vizio in the bedroom.) It could have been Sony, Samsung, LG or whatever. The point is that this mother was so specific about the size and make of a TV that she wanted from the son she abandoned when he was three years old. If I had left my child at that age, never saw or gave a shit what happened to him and never paid a dime for his support, I think I would be too ashamed to admit that I'm suing him for a few hundred dollars and a damned TV, no matter the make or size.

U

Oh, I see. Now that I've actually seen the episode, I get what you meant. She knew exactly what she wanted. And she should have written off that money, considering that she'd abandoned her son at age 3.

The lesbian couple hiring a "contractor" out of Lowe's should definitely have known better. People always do tons of research after they've done something stupid. It never ceases to amaze me. If I hire a contractor, I'm checking reviews, license status, and getting a certificate of insurance before he goes anywhere near my house.

• Love 5

If I hire a contractor, I'm checking reviews, license status, and getting a certificate of insurance before he goes anywhere near my house.

I learned decades ago that if someone says "sign now or this deal will go away", run away as fast as you can.

• Love 6

This is my third attempt to post a recap --- things aren't going smooth today, keep kicking kicked off the site about halfway through.

First case is lady suing neighbor for damage to backyard storage shed, damage to contents, cleanup from neighbor's botched landscaping job, and pest control because bugs moved into plaintiff's home after said landscape job. Plaintiff owns home in dieing neighborhood which is turning into a slum. Plaintiff really comes to court with no evidence to support her case. I really don't think the case had as much to do with the defendant's action as it did with the downward spiral of the neighborhood. I got the feeling that the plaintiff sits in her house, which she has owned for years, watching the once nice neighborhood die. The defendant ended up paying $250 for the mess which landed in the plaintiff's yard because MM felt that was fair, but plaintiff really didn't even provide proof of that cost. The plaintiff is mad about the neighborhood going downhill and the fact that the defendant has turned the property next door into a halfway/transitional house for people getting out of jail, and vows to keep fighting to maintain her neighborhood.

Second case deals with kitchen installer who was stiffed by overextended developer. I have a cousin who went through this during one of San Diego's building boom/bust cycles. He started up a custom cabinet business during a boom. He was owed hundreds of thousands of dollars from developers when the bottom fell out, ended up selling his equipment to make payroll, and finally went bankrupt. In today's case, the installer did the work and got paid with a NSF check. Defendant said install was substandard, but only proof was a picture of drawer that wouldn't open because it hit oven knob. Well, appliances hadn't been installed when installer was paid, and it was an easy fix as the cabinet had 3-7 inches worth of adjustments that could be made. Another complaint from the developter was that the toekick wasn't installed. Another easy fix, as this probably wouldn't be done until appliances were installed and final adjustments made to cabinets. Common practice would be for be for developer to make a punch list of things that needed to be done, and for the installer to come back and complete the work. In this case, the developer gave the installer a NSF check, then refused to let the installer come back to finish job. Developer had to pay.

Last case, yet another verbal contract where two parties can't decide what their deal was. This time is over car repair deal gone bad. In hallway defendant pretty much agrees with the verdict (he lost), he just didn't have the money to complete deal.

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 3

Not sure what the deal is with the WTC responder with the damaged voice - delusional or scammer.  She's living in the ghetto with Lalique glassware, Baccarat crystal, decorative elephants in a shed. I had a laugh when she flicked her crystal goblet with her finger to show MM the fine tone and quality it has.   All these treasure were uninsured, of course and no pictures but worth $5K.  Drat the luck - I guess she forgot to add those items to her home owners insurance.  /end sarcasm/

She seemed a bit off, with wanting to show MM the paperwork about her work at Ground Zero and her calling ivy "ivory" and ranting about insects infesting her property.   She's angry at her neighbor for a list of issues and kinda befuddled.  It would be really sad and a shame if her various issues (health and perhaps mental) are a result of exposure at the Towers - responders everywhere deserve better.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 6

Oh, dear. What a fool am I. I need to go right now and move my Waterford crystal and formal Royal Albert tableware from my dining room to my shed. No one can steal it out there. If the neighbour's tree branch falls on my shed, I'll take many pictures of it, but none that show any damage to my shed. In court I'll bring an intact glass that will somehow prove all the others are smashed, because even though I took a ton of useless pics, you can't expect me to get any pics of what I'm suing for.

Second case deals with kitchen installer who was stiffed by overextended developer.

That was pretty disgusting. Def had every exuse in the book for why he shafted the plaintiff. I was expecting him to say 'My kid flushed the new check down the toilet, " or some equally repulsive garbage. Nope, nobody feels any shame anymore.

This time plaintiff is over car repair deal gone bad.

These weird, undocumented, convoluted deals centered around old cars just put me to sleep.

• Love 7

First we have ridiculous claim against tow company. Plaintiff thinks NYC is plotting with tow company to discriminate against to him. Case dismissed.

I always get backed up with my PC cases so I'm binge watching them. . . and I swear that in the hallterview the plaintiff said he was a "space goat" (as opposed to a scapegoat).  I think I just peed my pants typing that!!!

• Love 4

This quote from Alec Baldwin cracks me up:

“There was a time when my greatest wish was to stab Harvey Levin with a rusty implement and watch his entrails go running down my forearm, in some Macbethian stance. I wanted him to die in my arms, while looking into my eyes, and I wanted to say to him, ‘Oh, Harvey, you thoughtless little pig,'” the actor told The New Yorker.
Baldwin, who has been the target of numerous TMZ stories, refers to Levin as “a festering boil on the anus of American media.”

OMG, I guess he doesn't like him.  Can't say as I blame him.  I think I have lost some respect for MM for associating with this slimeball.

• Love 2

I always get backed up with my PC cases so I'm binge watching them. . . and I swear that in the hallterview the plaintiff said he was a "space goat" (as opposed to a scapegoat).  I think I just peed my pants typing that!!!

HAHAHA!!!  I love it -- space goat! As in, "Stop making me your space goat."  And, "He was the space goat of the family."

About the Ground Zero woman -- it's possible that she does have all sorts of physical and neurological issues because of the air quality at the rescue site. A family friend was a photojournalist who specialized in fires/disaster areas. He was on-site at Ground Zero for many months. He ended up dying a couple of years ago from a respiratory disease that is common with the 9/11 rescuers. But anyway, keeping lead crystal and valuables in the shed is bizarre. 

• Love 3
 Lalique glassware, Baccarat crystal

In her (my) wildest dreams   I call BS.  Someone that doesn't know the difference from "Ivy" and "Ivory" is not a collector of fine crystal.  Besides that, any crystal will make that charming "ring".  I have Mikasa from BB&B that will "ring".  Someone fed her the Lalique/Baccarat names.  And who has those pieces without photo evidence, and in a shed for Gawd's sake?  

A lot of people were harmed at Ground Zero.  Maybe she was one and (if true) I thank her.  HOWEVER, there have been a lot of blank checks written and money blown by opportunists. Just saying.

I collect Art Deco and mid-century modern pieces, some valuable, some not so much.  If you value anything you take photos for homeowners.  Regardless, if shit happens, you take a pic of the damage,  As MM says " Your phone has a camera and it's not just for dirty pictures!"

If something happened to my modest collection of crystal/china there would be oodles of photos of piles of broken pieces.

She just hated her neighbor. Period.

• Love 4

About the Ground Zero woman -- it's possible that she does have all sorts of physical and neurological issues because of the air quality at the rescue site.

Maybe, but it didn't hinder her calculations on how to get all the wrongs done her by her neighbour to add up to exactly (and coincidentally) $5,000. She couldn't get to the shed to take a picture of all the smashed stemware, but managed to get there to salvage the one intact glass left. How did all those glasses, at over $100/each, get into her shed? The whole thing is wild.

• Love 2

I call BS.  Someone that doesn't know the difference from "Ivy" and "Ivory" is not a collector of fine crystal.  Besides that, any crystal will make that charming "ring".  I have Mikasa from BB&B that will "ring".  Someone fed her the Lalique/Baccarat names.  And who has those pieces without photo evidence, and in a shed for Gawd's sake?

I got my fancy crystal from Home Goods and it also makes that lovely "ding" when I flick it. But I certainly don't keep it in a shed in the yard - and I don't store it in a tube sock. 

As in, "Stop making me your space goat."  And, "He was the space goat of the family."

SPACE GOAT, COAST TO COAST!!!! 

• Love 4

The defendent in the shed case was snarky and smirked too much. Instead of taking care of her overgrown plant she tells Curt in the hallway the plaintiff should have called her insurance company. Maybe the crystal story wasn't correct but I did feel sorry for the plaintiff living next door to "transitional" housing because the defendent wants to make money off the city.

• Love 2

Ah ha, I think I figured out why everyone is talking about stuff I haven't seen, and nobody is talking about what I DID SEE. I just looked on tomorrow's tv guide, and they have the episode I saw today on tomorrow.

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 3

The defendant in the boyfriend/girlfriend case had a very interesting hair situation going on.  Mr. Ken Doll has a weird sense of style - bald/shaved in the front and that chunk in the back... so dumb looking.   

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 6

The defendant in the boyfriend/girlfriend case had a very interesting hair situation going on.  Mr. Ken Doll has a weird sense of style - bald/shaved in the front and that chunk in the back... so dumb looking.   

Gotta be, for me, top five worst hair evah. 

I was surprised MM didn't say she didn't want to divide the pots and pans of the relationship, because it felt like that kind of case.  MM kept saying she was issuing a court order, but given that TPC is actually binding arbitration and not a real court, how is she able to issue a court order?

• Love 1

Defendant in the first case "No, no, no actually means yes, yes, yes", what a fucking creep

Oh, good. Back to "Desperate women who will pay anything to keep a repulsive freeloader around". I wish this case had been on JJ because I really wanted to know what kind of disability the "fucking creep" has that allows him to work at construction (including 200 hours of hard work at plaintiff's house) yet doesn't allow him to get any kind of job that's not under the table. It would be nice if someone from whatever body is paying him would see this.  Plaintiff got all kinds of benefits from supporting him, including sexual... omg. Just NO.

Mr.Bukko (Bucco?), the landlord can't be bothered dragging out a new lease and is too dumb to pay his bills on time. Oh, wait - he can't afford them either so his tenants have to go without services now and then. What's the big deal?

Lady whose car got scraped on rocks: I have rocks on the sides of my driveway. One them is huge and sticks out about 8" into the driveway. I have someone who plows for me every year and each fall I put up a little pole with a reflector on the top at the end point of hte rock, just to remind him it's there. I don't want the snowblower to be damaged. The pawnshop owner might want to think about doing that. It's really not difficult. Takes about 20 seconds, actually and might save him time in lawsuits next time!

• Love 3

Gotta be, for me, top five worst hair evah. 

I was surprised MM didn't say she didn't want to divide the pots and pans of the relationship, because it felt like that kind of case.  MM kept saying she was issuing a court order, but given that TPC is actually binding arbitration and not a real court, how is she able to issue a court order?

I always wonder when Judge Judy says she's going to send a marshal, where she gets these marshals.

• Love 3

Skimmed enough of the article (I really hate longform; it feels like lazy editing to me) to feel like I need to take a bath.  How does asshole have enough time to fuck up TPC, given his apparent need to be the 21st century Walter Winchell?

Anyone have footage of that High Rollers episode?

• Love 1

I'm sure they run through a whole boatload of episodes in a day for the bus.  Without the commercials and the blah-blah I suspect each case takes no more than about 10 minutes.

I think I may have mentioned on TWOP that I had appeared as the plaintiff on TPC in 2001.  Basically, I had a brand new Nextel phone (remember those annoying chirping walkie-talkie phones?) and took it to the defendant's shop to have it painted pink.  Before you ask, because I could.  lol   It also had a glow in the dark "coating" on it and during my case the Judge went under the bench to check (they dimmed the lights).  Back then, there weren't many choices in color for phones and I remember JM pulling out her red Nokia to show solidarity :)

They claimed to use "auto" paint and that it would be virtually unchippable (I know).

SPOILER:  it wasn't.  I don't think it even lasted a month.  I returned to their shop like 6 times with promises of a new case being painted for me.  Never happened.  They wasted my time and my money.

Every time I went to the store, the defendant would tell me the owner wasn't there and that he was actually AT the paint shop picking up MY case.  Imagine my surprise when SHE walked in. 

I had filed my case in Queens county court and contacted TPC myself.  The producers LOVED me :)  and told me my case would be heard the next day. (which is why you'll sometimes hear people say they didn't have time to get their papers ready, etc)  - I *rushed* to get my hair blown out and nails touched up (I WAS GOING TO BE ON TEE VEE lol) and when I called my boss to tell him why I wouldn't be in the following day?  He decided so did he.  He was there as "moral support" and to meet the judge lol. 

They sent a limo/town car for me and my actual case took about 40 minutes.  There's a lot of testimony that's taken out, in addition to the judge going to make her decision.  In MY case, she awarded me the full amount for a brand new phone even though I had gotten it for a subsidized price - because I had signed a contract for it and it was a month old when the defendants ruined it.  There was no way to get another phone for the $200 or whatever I had paid.  

The judge spent time in her chambers calling around to see if I could get a phone for the reduced/subsidized  "contract" price.

TPC paid the first $3-400 of my judgment and the defendants were actually responsible for the rest.  I don't know if things have changed since this was 15 years ago - but that's what it was when I went on. 

Also, the other litigants who were there taping the day I was were not on my episode when it aired.

You can hear everything as you walk in, which is why you will sometimes see litigants laugh or smile or whatever.  The guy in the hall is very nice, but wears a SHIT TON of make up - Douglas, too.  Like a LOT. 

I didn't get to meet her :(   and they really do rush you the fuck out once you're done.  I remember one person who was in the green room with us (I think all the plaintiffs are in one and the defendants in another) and they had all these little gold people (like from the top of trophies) that their defendant had snapped off. lol. like 30 little gold people in various poses.  

• Love 10

given his apparent need to be the 21st century Walter Winchell?

If Walter used headlines like these:

Guess the Kardashian Kans See Whose White Hot Cleavage

Guess Whose Sexy Stomach - See the Hot Hunk

AnnaLynne McCord Forgot to Wear a Bra under Her Sheer Shirt

Mrs. Smartie Pants, I actually remember your episode!  Too bad you didn't get to meet Judge Marilyn. I have a secret wish that whenever I go down to Miami she might pop out somewhere and I'll run into her and we'll  be like bestie Cuban friends and talk really really really fast to each other.  (but of course not in a stalkerish way lol)

The defendant in the boyfriend/girlfriend case had a very interesting hair situation going on.  Mr. Ken Doll has a weird sense of style - bald/shaved in the front and that chunk in the back... so dumb looking.

Business in the front - party in the back? like drunken whacked out cookin-meth-in-a-fry-pan party in the back. I wasn't sure what the look was, but if Mr. No-No-No Means Yes-Yes-Yes ever tried to pull his mack-daddy moves on me, I would be saying "Ew-Ew-Ew". 

• Love 5

Mrs. Smartie Pants, I actually remember your episode!  Too bad you didn't get to meet Judge Marilyn. I have a secret wish that whenever I go down to Miami she might pop out somewhere and I'll run into her and we'll  be like bestie Cuban friends and talk really really really fast to each other.  (but of course not in a stalkerish way lol)

Business in the front - party in the back? like drunken whacked out cookin-meth-in-a-fry-pan party in the back. I wasn't sure what the look was, but if Mr. No-No-No Means Yes-Yes-Yes ever tried to pull his mack-daddy moves on me, I would be saying "Ew-Ew-Ew". 

LOL!  I'm Cuban, and kept telling my boss that I was going to wear a Cuban flag pin on my lapel or something to win me favor with my Cuban sister, Marilyn lol.     I didn't.  

I think she spends time talking to the people who come to watch the show and sit in the galley (they are "fans" and here in NYC area they announce FREE tickets like they do for Jerry Springer or Maury or whatever) - Maybe they started using actors more recently? 

• Love 1

I think she spends time talking to the people who come to watch the show and sit in the galley (they are "fans" and here in NYC area they announce FREE tickets like they do for Jerry Springer or Maury or whatever) - Maybe they started using actors more recently?

Something I've wondered in the past is whether the courtroom audience is paid, volunteers with free tickets, or if some are fans who pay for the privilege of sitting there and watching people make fools of themselves. I just googled "court tv audience" and found several links. Here's one for TPC

http://www.nytix.com/TVShows/1981/peoplescourt.html

which indicates there are free tickets for some, but also some of the audience is paid $70 for 8 hours of filming, get a free bus from NYC to the filming studio in Stamford, Conn, and free lunch (says they moving to this studio in 2012).

• Love 1

I thought the drug dealer ("sidewalk pharmacist) who's been arrested so many times he can't count them and who likes to drive drunk and dodge potholes was distasteful until we heard about the smirking lawyer who seemed to think his "alleged" despicable behavior/bribery and arrest were somehow cute or amusing. I needed to wash my hands after this case. UGH all around.  People, make sure you never do anything that might result in your needing the services of a lawyer!

Skipped the second case. The word "Dog" is a trigger that makes me automatically reach for the "FF" button.

Last case, with mother and daughter suing *gasp* Jesus (no, the 1969 look is sooo not good anymore!). No, he doesn't have any evidence or know anything about returning the deposit. He was just there to take up space, I guess.

• Love 3

I thought the drug dealer ("sidewalk pharmacist) who's been arrested so many times he can't count them and who likes to drive drunk and dodge potholes was distasteful until we heard about the smirking lawyer who seemed to think his "alleged" despicable behavior/bribery and arrest were somehow cute or amusing. I needed to wash my hands after this case. UGH all around.  People, make sure you never do anything that might result in your needing the services of a lawyer!

Skipped the second case. The word "Dog" is a trigger that makes me automatically reach for the "FF" button.

Last case, with mother and daughter suing *gasp* Jesus (no, the 1969 look is sooo not good anymore!). No, he doesn't have any evidence or know anything about returning the deposit. He was just there to take up space, I guess.

Yep this is the episode my local station showed yesterday. They must have decided it was a really good one, too, since they ran it again today.
  • Love 1

I was exhausted after listening to the woman who wanted $5000 from her estranged husband for some cats.  She seemed to be toothless and an alky. She trespasses in his house with the attitude that its still her home.  Wrong.  My eyes glazed as she babbled on and on about how the cops wronged her and injured her hand and that the husband should pay. She had no proof of the horrible texts and calls that the husband supposedly sent her.  She was just needy and greedy.

What baffles me is why he won't unload that burden.  First guess: he doesn't want to give her any money.

• Love 9

The drunken cat lady sounded drunk in court, or maybe she's one of those people who has drank so long that they just sound drunk even when sober.

That case made me wear out my FF button. I couldn't listen to her. I can't stand to hear toothless people talk. It drives me nuts.

• Love 4

First on the docket is --- wait for it --- a dog case with a couple twists. Pit bull trying to eat a little dog. But, this time both dogs are owned by the same guy. He says the attack was the pit bull being protective of new puppies. So he hauls the little dog away for life saving surgery, and then temporarily rehomes little dog with friendly neighbor until puppies are all sold. By the time the puppies are sold the neighbor is attached to the little dog and refuses to give it back. Plaintiff admits dog likes his new home more than his original one where he had to worry about being a doggie treat to two pit bulls. Neighbor claims possession is 9 tenths of the law, so she's keeping the dog. Plaintiff says ok, but you have to pay for it, and he starts tacking on to the price - even wanting defendant neighbor to pay vet bills from the attack. Judge let's defendant keep dog, but knocks the price down to a reasonable about.

Next up is plaintiff suing shady furniture store for crappie furniture and not living up to 1 year warranty. It was obvious from the beginning that the furniture was crap, but the plaintiff really didn't have her evidence together. For awhile it looked like plaintiff was out of luck, but hold on, she had made complaint to better business bureau. The representative for the store must have forgotten that in the answer to the BBB they admitted they sold plaintiff a display model. He tried to fast talk his way out of it, but MM was looking for reason to rule against the store for selling crap, so used this to award judgement to plaintiff.

Final case was homeowner suing for partial refund for roof snow removal. He agreed to the pay the estimate, but then wanted refund because he felt the job wasn't worth what he paid. He never had a case. Although there was dispute about what the estimate was, he admitted what he paid was significantly less than other estimates. Then he said he had pictures showing the worker left to much ice and snow on the roof. When JM asked to see the pictures, they passed up bogus pictures of the house which didn't show anything. Final straw was plaintiff trying to say defendant offered a $250 refund, but MM found text message of plaintiff asking for $150. Plaintiff lost.

Don't you hate when you type something and your software changes it because it knows better. I just looked at this post and found BBQ instead of BBB.

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 1