Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Trini

Name This Movie I Vaguely Remember!

Recommended Posts


So I saw this film on TV, but I'm sure it was released in theaters. It was like a low-to-mid budget, no big names, but a few recognizable actors. (I thought one of the actresses was Laura Linney, but none of her films seem to match the film I saw. - So, a middle-aged (40s?) white blonde?) I think it was released in the early 2000s, but I'm sure it was made in the last twenty years. A character study set in New York City; four main characters who are separate, but their stories interconnect.

I only remember parts of 3 of the main characters/stories:
- A shy/troubled (Hispanic) teen boy, who is a virgin;
- An older (white), upper class, former music conductor? (not sure about his profession, but it was arts-related) who is going blind;
- A middle-aged woman (white) who is having some issues with her relationship with her (ex?)husband -- I think.

The parts I remember the most: the teen is stalking the woman - they have a scene in the subway where she loses him on the train. But in the third act, she has sex with him - on the second try, because he has a fixation with her scarf. Teen only meets the older man -who needs help navigating the subway because of his failing sight- in the last scene.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/27/2018 at 7:58 PM, Trini said:

So I saw this film on TV, but I'm sure it was released in theaters. It was like a low-to-mid budget, no big names, but a few recognizable actors. (I thought one of the actresses was Laura Linney, but none of her films seem to match the film I saw. - So, a middle-aged (40s?) white blonde?) I think it was released in the early 2000s, but I'm sure it was made in the last twenty years. A character study set in New York City; four main characters who are separate, but their stories interconnect.

I only remember parts of 3 of the main characters/stories:
- A shy/troubled (Hispanic) teen boy, who is a virgin;
- An older (white), upper class, former music conductor? (not sure about his profession, but it was arts-related) who is going blind;
- A middle-aged woman (white) who is having some issues with her relationship with her (ex?)husband -- I think.

The parts I remember the most: the teen is stalking the woman - they have a scene in the subway where she loses him on the train. But in the third act, she has sex with him - on the second try, because he has a fixation with her scarf. Teen only meets the older man -who needs help navigating the subway because of his failing sight- in the last scene.

Trini, the movie you describe sounds pretty amusing.  Did you ever figure out the title of it?  I just found this thread, because, I am seeking the name of a movie too.  It doesn't appear to get much traffic, but, I thought that I would give it a shot. 

The movie that I am looking for aired yesterday on one of the cable channels.  Not sure which one.  It seemed to be set in a desert area, like Arizona or it could have been in Mexico. Maybe on an Indian Reservation?  It looked pretty recent, like made within the last 10 years.  I only saw one scene.  A man was driving through the desert in a truck with a young boy as a passenger.  I'm not sure of the relationship.  The man sees a van parked off the road and decides to check it out.  He tells the boy that the laws don't apply to outsiders and that they try to take advantage of things.  He tells the boy to stay in the truck and gets a gun from glove compartment to take with him to inspect the van.  When he arrives at the van, it appears that men inside are wearing hazmat suites (I suspect making meth) and they open the door and fire at him.  The boy gets out of truck.  Van takes off, he runs to his truck and tells the boy to stay in a drainage ditch until he gets back. That he has to chase the bad guys.  The boy gets into drainage ditch, but, turns around to see a snake inside!  It cut to commercial and I have no idea what the move name is.  I didn't recognize the actors.  Anyone have any idea? 

Edited by SunnyBeBe

Share this post


Link to post

I read a news story about a lady who had such a fear of heights that she was unable to drive over a bridge and a police officer had to do it for her. That made me think of a movie I saw once, but I can't remember what it is.

I don't remember if it is English, German or German-dubbed from some other country. I also don't remember if it is live action or animated. Let's see if anybody else can figure it out from the following:

a male(?) character I do not remember liking very much had a fear of driving* over bridges. He would get to the bridge and then freeze and have to turn around.

Of course there was some conflict that eventually forced him to have to face this fear and drive over the bridge.

I think the fear came from him being in some sort of accident with one or both parents (?)in which they fell from the bridge into water. I think he had occasional flashbacks of this.

I think I at least found the character otherwise so annoying that this attempt at making him sympathetic did not work for me. That may be why I don't remember the movie.

Does anybody else?

*It's possible that he had to walk over the bridge rather than drive.

Share this post


Link to post

It might have been a t.v. movie or it might have been an indie movie that got picked up on cable...

-Somewhere in the 1990's. I'm thinking mid-90's.

-Plotline about an All-American looking guy who works as a street hustler. The signal that you were doing this is that they were supposed to twist their shirts ups in their hands, showing off their abs. Then they were asked, "Are you working?"

-Guy is brought to a loft and realizes that they're trying to film a porno, complete with some blonde twink and a heart-shaped pink bed.

-He's also gay-bashed by a frat boy who pretends to be a client, and then takes him out to a spot where he and his buddies ambush him.

-It's NOT Johns, the 1996 movie also focusing on gay prostitutes.

Share this post


Link to post

I remember a scene from a movie (it can be tv-show, too). Man and a woman are talking hysterically.

Man: No, but I chose you!

Woman: But I don't want you!

I can see this scene clearly in my head, but I can't visualize their faces. It's been stuck in my head for a month, maybe two, and it's driving me crazy that I don't recognize it.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi guys!

I'm trying to remember a movie, but I have only some details in mind, can you help me?

1) The main character is a girl, hated by her mother because she has "killed" accidentally her little sister (the sister fells in a cauldron of hot water for the laundry)

2) The girl and her mother live somewhere in America, I remember mountains

3) Historical period: about 19th century

4) She moves in a city and there starts working as a seamstress/embroiderer/a job concerning sewing

5) She fells in love with a man (the girl has a sort of obsession for him) 

6) The man had sex with her, with the promise of a future marriage

7) He leaves her and marries another woman

8) The girl shoots the man's new lover in a garden


Can someone help me?  THANK YOUUUUUU

Share this post


Link to post

I've asked this before places on this site and elsewhere but I haven't got it.  Anyhow, I saw some movie when I was in school (early 2000's). Unfortunately I missed the first few minutes of class so didn't catch the movie title.

Basically the movie takes place in the 1700's. A "white" guy was kidnapped as a kid by the local chief  because his son was killed by the Europeans. Anyhow, the movie jumps to him being an adult having been raise by the Native Americans. He is returned to his birth family but knows none of the costumes. And is basically a fish out of water.

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, blueray said:

I've asked this before places on this site and elsewhere but I haven't got it.  Anyhow, I saw some movie when I was in school (early 2000's). Unfortunately I missed the first few minutes of class so didn't catch the movie title.

Basically the movie takes place in the 1700's. A "white" guy was kidnapped as a kid by the local chief  because his son was killed by the Europeans. Anyhow, the movie jumps to him being an adult having been raise by the Native Americans. He is returned to his birth family but knows none of the costumes. And is basically a fish out of water.

For films, Little big Man and The Emerald Forest have somewhat similar plots, but they don't fit your setting.

The plot sounds vagulely similar to something I watched in school where in Canada we watched a lot of obscure historical films about Natives/First Nations. A lot of these were produced by the National Film Board of Canada.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, blueray said:

Basically the movie takes place in the 1700's. A "white" guy was kidnapped as a kid by the local chief  because his son was killed by the Europeans. Anyhow, the movie jumps to him being an adult having been raise by the Native Americans. He is returned to his birth family but knows none of the costumes. And is basically a fish out of water.

The plot sounds like The Light in the Forest, but that movie was made back in the late 1950s.

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Constant Viewer said:

The plot sounds like The Light in the Forest, but that movie was made back in the late 1950s.

Omg, I think that it. Thank you so much! It was an old movie when I saw it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

A coupla years ago, there was a trailer I found randomly on YouTube, but never saw the movie and have forgotten the title too. 

So, in this scene, a young girl is tied up to a chair and opposite her is a middle aged man (maybe her dad 🤷🏾‍♂️) tied up as well. There r probably 3 or 4 captors there trying to get some info from them. The tied up man gently taps his feet on the ground sending a secret message to the girl. There's probably some flash back to him teaching her how to survive or some kinda CIA sh** 😂 He gets shot. 

That's abt all I remember but the movie had a great auro ard it. Anyone who has watched it should kindly tell me the name of movie. Much appreciated. Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post

On 9/9/2019 at 11:22 AM, Gray Fox said:

A coupla years ago, there was a trailer I found randomly on YouTube, but never saw the movie and have forgotten the title too. 

So, in this scene, a young girl is tied up to a chair and opposite her is a middle aged man (maybe her dad 🤷🏾‍♂️) tied up as well. There r probably 3 or 4 captors there trying to get some info from them. The tied up man gently taps his feet on the ground sending a secret message to the girl. There's probably some flash back to him teaching her how to survive or some kinda CIA sh** 😂 He gets shot. 

That's abt all I remember but the movie had a great auro ard it. Anyone who has watched it should kindly tell me the name of movie. Much appreciated. Thanks 

This is probably not it since the trailer doesn't match your description of tapping feet, but the CIA and father/daughter plot reminds me of Hanna starring Saoirse Ronan. I never saw the entire movie.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size