Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

#GH - Lucy won’t take no for an answer. {Sept 28}

Hmmm.  Does this have to do with whatever catches her off-guard this week?  Does she suspect something is wrong with "Kevin" and refuse to back off?  I'm really worried about my Ms. Coe, that she's gonna ended up hurt or humiliated as part of this story.

• Love 1
On 9/14/2018 at 7:44 PM, statsgirl said:

Please let the not be about Sonny.  Or Jason.

Dark secrets lurk in Drew's past? Hasn't that been speculation for awhile? Someone said he was going to end up being connected to Faison, Peter and the memory-mapping procedure. 

It makes a sort of sense for him to be connected to the memory mapping procedure but I thought they had dropped it because there's been zero movement on that front for months other than Margaux getting the USB stick which she wants to use against Sonny and Jason anyway.

Margaux was 2 when her father disappeared.  I don't know how old she's supposed to be but wouldn't Drew have been too young to have been involved in that?

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It makes a sort of sense for him to be connected to the memory mapping procedure but I thought they had dropped it because there's been zero movement on that front for months other than Margaux getting the USB stick which she wants to use against Sonny and Jason anyway.

Margaux was 2 when her father disappeared.  I don't know how old she's supposed to be but wouldn't Drew have been too young to have been involved in that?

Peter and Valentin are supposed to be the same age, so this show doesn't care about making sense when it comes to ages and storylines.

• Love 1

Unbelievable. They just have to give Drew a shady past. Can't let him be a good guy, heroic, tough but decent. Oh no, not on this show. Not as long as a murderous mafia don and his hitman are the leads. Can't shatter the illusion that they're the heroes. Too late. That's the crux of why this show is in the shitter. No one can threaten the unholy trio, especially Sason so everyone has to be awful. I watched Y&R a bit this past week and wow. It is 100x better than GH in every conceivable way. Plot, pacing, characters, lighting, makeup, wardrobe, how it's filmed. What's more is I was reading fans of the show think it's at a low point right now. If that's a low point then GH is a flaming dumpster fire full of diapers in the dead of August. 

Edited by CharethCutestory
  • Love 9
37 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Peter and Valentin are supposed to be the same age, so this show doesn't care about making sense when it comes to ages and storylines.

If Peter and Val are late 30's. that would make Anna over 60. That makes no sense either.

• Love 1

Incredibly, Finola Hughes is about to turn 59.  She could easily have a son in his late 30s.

But I thought that Valentin was considerably older than Peter.  He was lusting after Anna and following her when she was laying her Faison trap.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

But I thought that Valentin was considerably older than Peter.  He was lusting after Anna and following her when she was laying her Faison trap.

He is supposed to be a "father figure" to Peter/Heinrich (gag), keeping an eye on him through the years after he gave baby Peter to Faison. However, the GH Wiki says they are both 42.

49 minutes ago, LillyB said:

If Peter and Val are late 30's. that would make Anna over 60. That makes no sense either.

That would be about right. She first appeared on the show in 1985, 33 years ago;  she'd already been a super spy for a while, and Robin was 5. I had always thought she was in her early 30s, since she was obviously older than Frisco and Felicia, who were part of the 20-something crowd at the time. But how in the world Valentin can be at least 17 years younger than her and still have been in WSB training at the same time is beyond me.

Edited by rur
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

Unbelievable. They just have to give Drew a shady past. Can't let him be a good guy, heroic, tough but decent. Oh no, not on this show. Not as long as a murderous mafia don and his hitman are the leads. Can't shatter the illusion that they're the heroes. Too late. That's the crux of why this show is in the shitter. No one can threaten the unholy trio, especially Sason so everyone has to be awful. I watched Y&R a bit this past week and wow. It is 100x better than GH in every conceivable way. Plot, pacing, characters, lighting, makeup, wardrobe, how it's filmed. What's more is I was reading fans of the show think it's at a low point right now. If that's a low point then GH is a flaming dumpster fire full of diapers in the dead of August. 

Your comments are spot on!  I recently started watch Y&R because of the horrific GH story lines.  None of the story lines have any depth to them and are just ridiculous.  And now Cassandra back??  Why??  As if this show needs one more story line that goes nowhere!

• Love 1

I just...are there people out there actually rooting for Kiki and Griffin to get together?  Will the show, on the heels of Kiki's storyline with Dr. Bensch, really have her date someone who will, assuming he's eventually reinstated, be her boss?  What?

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I just...are there people out there actually rooting for Kiki and Griffin to get together?  Will the show, on the heels of Kiki's storyline with Dr. Bensch, really have her date someone who will, assuming he's eventually reinstated, be her boss?  What?

I'm pretty sure you answered your own question.

Is anyone surprised to find out that Margaux is the daughter of the deceased body found beneath Charlie’s Pub? Of course not.

and

Get a sneak peek of what happens in Port Charles with vague, one sentence previews that don’t really reveal anything

LOL. When the soap press is snarky about the story, you know you've bottomed out creatively. It's worth reading the TV Source link for the unmitigated contempt the writer has for this.

Nina's world is turned upside down

Ugh, why can't the coma baby stay in the past? I NEVER CARED.

• Love 4

In normal situations, you’d root for the good guys to get the justice they’re seeking, but this is General Hospital, where the mobsters are the heart and soul, so there’s no possible way that Margaux will be cast as the protagonist.

And therein lies the biggest problem with current GH.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, why can't the coma baby stay in the past? I NEVER CARED.

And it would be so much more effective if Nina's husband, the father of the baby, and Nina's mother, who stole her, were still alive.  (With my luck, it will be found that Madeleine still is.)

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

And it would be so much more effective if Nina's husband, the father of the baby, and Nina's mother, who stole her, were still alive.  (With my luck, it will be found that Madeleine still is.)

Or if anyone cared about Nina herself and wanted to see her have a child. At least this one she can't be accused of stealing, but I have no hope that Nina's discovery and reunion with her long-lost child that was stolen from her without her knowledge or consent will make her have any newfound empathy/sympathy for Lulu and what she and Valentin put her through.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL. When the soap press is snarky about the story, you know you've bottomed out creatively. It's worth reading the TV Source link for the unmitigated contempt the writer has for this.

Yeah, it's quite something.  I also loved this:

General Hospital Spoilers: The Twist We All Saw Coming

Speaking of twists we all saw coming:

Ugh, why can't the coma baby stay in the past?

Worse, the coma baby will probably turn out to be Kiki*, which is just horrifying on so many different levels.  so, after ripping one of Ava's children STRAIGHT OUT OF HER WOMB, she is now going to snatch another one away from her?  Yeah, I'm certain this plot twist will go over just gangbusters with Ava fans...  No wonder this show is dead last in the ratings.

* - Although I could see the writers doing a bunch of grossly nonsensical handwavey stuff and making the coma baby Charlotte, if for no other reason than to get the Lulu fans to shut up.

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, yowsah1 said:

* - Although I could see the writers doing a bunch of grossly nonsensical handwavey stuff and making the coma baby Charlotte, if for no other reason than to get the Lulu fans to shut up.

No lie, I did read that "theory" on CDL. Which is a crappy site that is 99% speculation based on things they make up, and all they are basing this on is the original birth certificate that had Charlotte born in '94, something something science and the Cassadine freezing technology, and "Charlotte bonded with Nina from Day One and hated Lulu!"

I'd rather have Charlotte disappear never to be seen or spoken of again. She was always a terrible idea and the fact that she's somewhere between 4 and 10 years old will never not be stupid

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

So I guess what Lucy's digging her heels in about is not letting "Kevin" talk to Felicia alone?  I get that we're still waiting for Laura, but that they started the Ryan story and it's, like, barely the C story of the week is pathetic.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So I guess what Lucy's digging her heels in about is not letting "Kevin" talk to Felicia alone?  I get that we're still waiting for Laura, but that they started the Ryan story and it's, like, barely the C story of the week is pathetic.

They shouldn't have done the switch until a week before Laura returned. 

• Love 3

I mean, I get that it's supposed to show that Ryan has had enough time to take over Kevin's life, but we haven't seen Kevin once since the switch to see how he is or isn't trying to escape, so...

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 2

I guess we're supposed to think he's doped up and straightjacketed at Ferncliffe, but if that's the case, at least show Ryan on the phone making sure that's happening. Someone (Lucy?) could overhear it and not think twice about it until the show decides to make the switch public, as it were. Start planting those seeds now.

Why is mapping out the beats of a story so hard for this team? Good lord.

• Love 5

Or it's the simplest explanation: that the Kevin aspect of this story isn't that important to these writers. Or at least his suffering. We saw Carly's suffering every day and we were clearly supposed to feel sorry for her and feel contempt for the evil, corrupt people at Ferncliff *rolls eyes* 

Is Ryan even going to kill everyone? I read somewhere that Peter is going to save Maxie and/or Felicia from Ryan. *sigh*

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Is Ryan even going to kill everyone? I read somewhere that Peter is going to save Maxie and/or Felicia from Ryan. *sigh*

Thereby setting up the "Peter steps into Nathan's shoes" part of the show.

Personally, I find this idea worse than Friz.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I guess we're supposed to think he's doped up and straightjacketed at Ferncliffe, but if that's the case, at least show Ryan on the phone making sure that's happening.

I'm pretty sure we did see Ryan doing that, to be fair the day he was SpyderFind-ing in Kevin's office.

As much as I love Jon Lindstrom getting to do his thing and vets like Lucy and Felicia being dusted off, resurrecting Ryan to do suuuch a shallow story - especially if the purpose is to, like LexieLily suggets, set LWB/FS up for more redemption or give Lulu, Girl Reporter more to do - is really bumming me out.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
55 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

We saw Carly's suffering every day

That was the hardest three weeks of her life!

8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm pretty sure we did see Ryan doing that, to be fair the day he was SpyderFind-ing in Kevin's office.

You're right, we did.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, ulkis said:

Yay!  You better work, Britch!

26 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Could Britt be the birth mother of Wylie?

Haven't Alexis and/or Julian had direct dealings with the birth mother?  I can't imagine they wouldn't mention that.  So I'm leaning towards no.

Edited by TeeVee329
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:
33 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Could Britt be the birth mother of Wylie?

Haven't Alexis and/or Julian had direct dealings with the birth mother?  I can't imagine they wouldn't mention that.  So I'm leaning towards no.

Doesn't Alexis always go through Diane when she (Alexis) needs something from the birth mother? Of course, I still wouldn't put it past the show to make Britt the birth mom. She's pals with Brad, and that gives him another reason to spiral: He killed his BFF's baby!

Ugh.

• Love 2

But didn't the mom want custody back?  How could Britt do that if, as far as we know, she's still in jail?

Oh gawd, I hope she's not being brought back for LWB/FS nonsense.  Britt is the only Faison child I recognize (sorry, Nathan).

• Love 1