Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Sure was.  And knowing this awful show, this might be the only time Serena's allowed within the city limits so he best be in a scene with her.

Just for you, TeeVee329, I bring you this new spoiler

#GH Serena arrives for the funeral, has a message for Kevin. Bobbie and Felicia have words at the funeral.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, yowsah1 said:

Look, I know Brenda was/is a very popular character, but how the hell are the Barrett's a "beloved family" on GH?  Besides Brenda and her sister (she had a sister, right?) I can't think of a single other family member that had been on canvas.

Didn't Brenda's crazy mom try to kill her?  I was so disappointed when it didn't work. 

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Didn't Brenda's crazy mom try to kill her?  I was so disappointed when it didn't work. 

Hahaha!  Me too!

• Love 1

Yeah, I would find it extremely hard to believe that Brenda would raise her son in PC and her friends not know about it. 

I think I brought up Stone and Jagger's sister, Gina. We know that Jagger has an autistic son. I just don't see Oscar being Jagger's son. It would make sense that Gina would stay in town to raise any kids she had. 

If the show had any gumption, I would also throw Zander Smith's name out there. Just to give Liz a real storyline that didn't concern Jake, Franco or Jason. Shocking, I know! Have Oscar turn out to be a teen Cameron's half brother.

• Love 2

Jax and Brenda were supposedly engaged when RC brought Brenda back to shit on Jax and declare her undying love for Sonny. If Oscar were Brenda's son Joss would know him because Jax was dating/engaged to Brenda

46 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Jax and Brenda were supposedly engaged when RC brought Brenda back to shit on Jax and declare her undying love for Sonny. If Oscar were Brenda's son Joss would know him because Jax was dating/engaged to Brenda

Yeah, but you're employing something this show gives no craps about: Logic. This show hasn't made sense in forever, so what's one more nonsensical plot point, destroying what came before? It's practically tradition now.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

I'll believe it when I see it. People been claiming Carly Schroder would be back as Serena since before Obama took office.

I believe it in this case because it's a one-off appearance for the Peter Hansen tribute.

3 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Don't tell me Serena takes issue with Kevin dating Laura.

I mean, it's hard to gauge what Serena would think of any of her parents' dating foibles given how long she's been off-screen.  We did hear a teeny crumb that she was furious at Lucy for hurting Kevin when the Lucy/Scotty affair was exposed.  But I guess it wouldn't be that crazy if she was lukewarm on Laura given her long on-off history with Scotty.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Same.

And because it bears repeating, I am thrilled that, because this was filmed during Roger Howarth's contract negotiation break, there won't be any scenes of teary Franco whining about never getting to know his grandfather while Liz soothingly pats his arm.

• Love 16
8 hours ago, stlbf said:

If the show had any gumption, I would also throw Zander Smith's name out there. Just to give Liz a real storyline that didn't concern Jake, Franco or Jason. Shocking, I know! Have Oscar turn out to be a teen Cameron's half brother.

I like this idea. I'd rather he be AJ's son, but I loved Zander, so I'd be done for this, too. And it'd give Liz and Cam something potentially interesting to do. But yea Cam would have to be sorased for it to really have impact and that isn't going to happen.

• Love 3
On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:17 PM, Chairperson Meow said:
On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 9:52 PM, OnceSane said:

I'm just holding on to the idea of Sonny getting plugged somewhere vital to his well-being.  Like his dick.

I've been wanting that for years.   I'll even suffer through the man pain whining.

I've hinted for years that Sonny ought to be punished with long-term impotence and be forced to watch Carly whoop it up with a younger, virile boy-man.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, stlbf said:

Have Oscar turn out to be a teen Cameron's half brother.

This had no connection to Sonny, so it won't happen.

7 hours ago, jsbt said:

Will we see Gail? Probably not. She was so fucking classy. That clipped, vaguely British voice!

I loved Gail. She and Lee were a great pair—warm and loving but took no bullshit. They weren't afraid to be hated, unlike every character on the show today.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I like this idea. I'd rather he be AJ's son, but I loved Zander, so I'd be done for this, too. And it'd give Liz and Cam something potentially interesting to do. But yea Cam would have to be sorased for it to really have impact and that isn't going to happen.

Why it's not going to happen.

• Love 4
(edited)
12 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Don't tell me Serena takes issue with Kevin dating Laura.

9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I mean, it's hard to gauge what Serena would think of any of her parents' dating foibles given how long she's been off-screen.  We did hear a teeny crumb that she was furious at Lucy for hurting Kevin when the Lucy/Scotty affair was exposed.  But I guess it wouldn't be that crazy if she was lukewarm on Laura given her long on-off history with Scotty.

I actually wouldn't mind Serena being a bit wary of the Laura/Kevin relationship. It does make sense with the more recent Scotty/Laura history. IF she is coming from a place of genuine concern for Kevin and she isn't totally awful to Laura.

ETA: I've always thought Serena should be a level-headed, wise beyond her years, Georgie-esque girl who is more mature than her parents - well, Scott and Lucy, anyway, - while Christina is the wilder one. Speaking of, does Christina exist?

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I actually wouldn't mind Serena being a bit wary of the Laura/Kevin relationship. It does make sense with the more recent Scotty/Laura history. IF she is coming from a place of genuine concern for Kevin and she isn't totally awful to Laura.

ETA: I've always thought Serena should be a level-headed, wise beyond her years, Georgie-esque girl who is more mature than her parents - well, Scott and Lucy, anyway, - while Christina is the wilder one. Speaking of, does Christina exist?

That is the million dollar question! Lol. No one actually knows. She hasn't actually been referenced by name in GH-universe.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

Yeah, I couldn't see Serena being out-and-out rude about Laura the way, for example, Kristina Davis would be.  But a little wariness wouldn't be completely out of order.

And I too picture Serena as a wise-beyond-her-years type, who lovingly but sometimes exasperatedly rolls her eyes at Lucy and Scotty's antics.

Probably setting myself up for disappointment, given it's still these writers.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And I too picture Serena as a wise-beyond-her-years type, who lovingly but sometimes exasperatedly rolls her eyes at Lucy and Scotty's antics.

Was Serena (and Christina) raised primarily by Lucy and Kevin, or Lucy/Scotty? I'm not entirely up-to-date on Lucy/Scotty/Kevin history when it comes to their kids.

Serena could possibly help the show be less Mob-centric. She's the bio daughter of Mac's old love, could be skeptical of Laura as Kevin's gf given her history of marriage and then engagement to Scott, and could put Kristina in her place ("Oh, just shut up Princess. Your father is not a good man. Have you ever heard the name Karen Wexler? Well, we should talk!"

I would like for Oscar to turn out to be the son of Carly's dead ex/Sonny's former enemy.  "All my mom ever told me is that my father's last name was Alcazar." Cue S&C's horrified faces. Priceless.

• Love 7

Alcazar is dead, so who cares if he has a kid? Unless Ted King rolls back onto my screen (and boy, do I miss him), I can't see any point to Oscar being Alcazar's son. The problematic parent needs to be alive for there to be tension, IMO. It's bad enough we have tween Spencer going after Valentin; I don't need some barely wet behind the ears teenager going after Sonny because he done his dad wrong.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Was Serena (and Christina) raised primarily by Lucy and Kevin, or Lucy/Scotty? I'm not entirely up-to-date on Lucy/Scotty/Kevin history when it comes to their kids.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Serena was at first primarily raised by Scotty, they went off-screen together for a few years not long after she was born.  When "Port Charles" started, they came back to town and Scotty was still the primary parent, but she got to know Lucy (and Kevin, they were engaged at the time) and came to view Lucy as her mother.  Then there was a period where Scotty and Lucy were married and then, when they got divorced, they arranged an adoption so Lucy was officially, legally Serena's mother.  Then later, Lucy and Kevin got together again and Serena - while not living with them, IIRC - definitely had come to view Kevin as a father figure/stepfather.

Christina was adopted by Lucy and Scotty when they were married.  And they had her for a few months before she was kidnapped by her bio mom Julie (long story), which is what led to the end of their marriage.  The bio mom then returned Christina to Lucy right when Lucy had married Kevin so Kevin was the primary, live-in dad/stepdad.  In fact, there was a whole arc on "Port Charles" of him and Christina bonding as parent and child, IIRC.

33 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't need some barely wet behind the ears teenager going after Sonny because he done his dad wrong.

Oh, I've gotten the vibe that Oscar will be someone who is Team!Sonny and Sonny will use that/him to get Joss on his side.  Barf.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
(edited)

There was a spoiler somewhere about that. I don't know if that's before or after the big name reveal. It's gross no matter what, and typical Sonny to use a kid for his own purposes. What a prince.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Serena was at first primarily raised by Scotty, they went off-screen together for a few years not long after she was born.  When "Port Charles" started, they came back to town and Scotty was still the primary parent, but she got to know Lucy (and Kevin, they were engaged at the time) and came to view Lucy as her mother.  Then there was a period where Scotty and Lucy were married and then, when they got divorced, they arranged an adoption so Lucy was officially, legally Serena's mother.  Then later, Lucy and Kevin got together again and Serena - while not living with them, IIRC - definitely had come to view Kevin as a father figure/stepfather.

Christina was adopted by Lucy and Scotty when they were married.  And they had her for a few months before she was kidnapped by her bio mom Julie (long story), which is what led to the end of their marriage.  The bio mom then returned Christina to Lucy right when Lucy had married Kevin so Kevin was the primary, live-in dad/stepdad.  In fact, there was a whole arc on "Port Charles" of him and Christina bonding as parent and child, IIRC.

Pretty true. When Lucy and Kevin returned to GH after PC, Kevin mentioned having to send "the girls" back to Scott when Lucy's "mental state" was in a bad place. 

But when a dying Julie Devlin returned Christina,  she did want Lucy to raise her. Since she knew that Lucy truly did love the toddler. Originally Scotty was the lone adopting parent. Because of reasons, it was faster for Scott to adopt Christina, alone. Lucy didn't know about that fact for quite awhile. And she flipped out when she found out. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Alcazar is dead, so who cares if he has a kid? Unless Ted King rolls back onto my screen (and boy, do I miss him), I can't see any point to Oscar being Alcazar's son. The problematic parent needs to be alive for there to be tension, IMO. It's bad enough we have tween Spencer going after Valentin; I don't need some barely wet behind the ears teenager going after Sonny because he done his dad wrong.

Everyone should go after/hate Sonny.   Idc if Mop Head Boy wants to go after Shoe Polish Head.  As long as some one hated Sonny.

But I'd rather this little Bieber kid be an AJ/Brenda kid because it would be amazing.   And while we are on the show in my head, he has a little brother fathered by Micheal.   

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Everyone should go after/hate Sonny.   Idc if Mop Head Boy wants to go after Shoe Polish Head.  As long as some one hated Sonny.

But I'd rather this little Bieber kid be an AJ/Brenda kid because it would be amazing.   And while we are on the show in my head, he has a little brother fathered by Micheal.   

I'd tune in for an AJ/Brenda kid, though I always thought we should have gotten an AJ/Keesha kid at some point.  Or an AJ/Julia Barrett kid maybe.    

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, tessaray said:

I'd tune in for an AJ/Brenda kid, though I always thought we should have gotten an AJ/Keesha kid at some point.  Or an AJ/Julia Barrett kid maybe.    

They missed the boat by not making Jordan be Keisha and TJ be her and AJ's son.  No one cares about Shawn.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

They missed the boat by not making Jordan be Keisha and TJ be her and AJ's son.  No one cares about Shawn.

There we go, making storylines 10000x better than the paid writers do on this show. 

Too bad the show couldn't possibly care less about the Ward family.

Would it be terrible if Oscar was related to Jimmy Lee Holt side of the Qs? Or maybe to Sly Eckert? Or perhaps be Paul Jr, with a name change? Making him Dillon's half brother. 

• Love 2

Meh. Soaps have done the Romeo/Juliet 'our parents are enemieeees' story a million times. Plus, I do not care for Joss actress or Oscar actor. So far, he looks like another FV pick.

There was a potentially interesting story in Kristina's love interest being an undercover agent investigating Sonny, especially with Sonny being blamed (for all of 5 minutes) for Morgan's death. But nada

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I thought she was kicked out for having sex with her professor.   

Nah, I think she was kicked out for stalking/blackmail the  married professor.  Who later did have sex with Kristina. Which explains alot about whoever the fuck approved the whole Friz inappropriate relationship. 

And yeah, the 5 minutes of Aaron looking like an undercover plant was the last interesting thing about Kristina. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Soaps have done the Romeo/Juliet 'our parents are enemieeees' story a million times.

Unless the kids go full Shakespeare and kill themselves, I'm not interested in another lazy rehash. Why bother? We know Sonny will always win.

9 hours ago, jsbt said:

Is Kristina going to law school? Do I remember reading that? Can anyone buy LA as a lawyer?

She needs to finish her undergrad degree first. She dropped out of Yale, took some time off to be with Trey in Los Angeles, then tried Wesleyan (I think?), where she met Parker, and that disaster of a story happened. She took more time off, and the last I remember she was thinking about going to PCU part time. I don't know where she is scholastically—second semester sophomore?

It'll be an uphill battle to buy Kristina as a lawyer, as she's never been portrayed as particularly intelligent. Didn't Sonny bribe her way into Yale? And I have no idea how Wesleyan accepted her.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't know where she is scholastically—second semester sophomore?

I would think she's just mastered "nap after milk break", working on story time, and sweating, big-time, the upcoming paper mache picture frame semester.  

Unless pre-school is handing out law degrees - which is completely possible in Port Charles, she should have a loooooooooooooooong way to go.

• Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Unless the kids go full Shakespeare and kill themselves, I'm not interested in another lazy rehash. Why bother? We know Sonny will always win.

She needs to finish her undergrad degree first. She dropped out of Yale, took some time off to be with Trey in Los Angeles, then tried Wesleyan (I think?), where she met Parker, and that disaster of a story happened. She took more time off, and the last I remember she was thinking about going to PCU part time. I don't know where she is scholastically—second semester sophomore?

It'll be an uphill battle to buy Kristina as a lawyer, as she's never been portrayed as particularly intelligent. Didn't Sonny bribe her way into Yale? And I have no idea how Wesleyan accepted her.

I can't buy LA playing a lawyer. I don't even buy her as a barista. Or as a college student. I really can't picture her Kristina doing anything but shopping. I never even bought it when they said she was her high school valedictorian. As far as school Kristina was said to have taken AP classes in high school and a summer course right after graduation so she went into Yale with college credits already only to drop after a few weeks. She never went with Trey to Los Angeles because Trey died. She was doing community service at the prison and then left for Wesleyan where she supposedly did extra sessions(winter and summer I guess) to catch up with school yet she's still somehow undergrad with no major revealed.

Edited by In2You
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Meh. Soaps have done the Romeo/Juliet 'our parents are enemieeees' story a million times. Plus, I do not care for Joss actress or Oscar actor. So far, he looks like another FV pick.

There was a potentially interesting story in Kristina's love interest being an undercover agent investigating Sonny, especially with Sonny being blamed (for all of 5 minutes) for Morgan's death. But nada

They already did Romeo and Juliet our parents are enemies crap with Kristina and Joe Scully's grandson who wasnt even raised in the mob. No one cared about Joe Scully let alone a son and grandson. The only ones who cared about Scully Jr were Tracy fans so desperate for her to have a love interest not named Luke they were they were shipping her with him another rapist with no redeeming qualities.

• Love 5
(edited)

Let's not forget his lisp and wooden teeth.

I never even bought it when they said she was her high school valedictorian. 

I like LA in the role for what it is but whaaatttt

I think there is a lot to be done with Kristina but they have yet to flesh out the character as a functional young adult.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3
(edited)
16 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Let's not forget his lisp and wooden teeth.

The actor was awful on Passions and even worse on GH. Dentures Joe was so bad. I was glad they didn't drag his inevitable death out forever.

Edited by In2You
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Oscar 2.0 showed up on Friday. He's quite bland. OG Oscar seemed to have a personality.

Oh God.  Jasus have mercy.  It's another Rafe/Nickelodeon kid.   He looks like a little Baby Bieber.   Countdown to the rebellious earring and drug use.

3 hours ago, In2You said:

They already did Romeo and Juliet our parents are enemies crap with Kristina and Joe Scully's grandson who wasnt even raised in the mob. No one cared about Joe Scully let alone a son and grandson. The only ones who cared about Scully Jr were Tracy fans so desperate for her to have a love interest not named Luke they were they were shipping her with him another rapist with no redeeming qualities.

Hey!  Tracy and Trey had awesome mentor like chemistry.  Drawer Baby should have been cast as Dillion.  

(edited)

New promo:

1) Bobbie being turned into a witch doesn't make me like Nelle any better.  And isn't the more honest, obvious story Carly being the one who wants to destroy her?

2) Oh geez-us, that this is what Dr. O has been reduced to, scheming against fuckin' Dr. Michael Easton for...why does she hate him again?

3) Awww, Lucy and Scotty and SERENA!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

It makes me laugh that Bobbie is going after Nelle so hard. Carly is hardly some shrinking violet who can't fight her own battles. It's also annoying that all this energy is being expended on Nelle, who's "bad girl" behavior was, drugging Sonny aside, incredibly mild. She's apologized more than once, and she hasn't done anything nefarious since. Finally, if Michael wants to be with her, let him. It's so tiresome to watch people treat him like he's 8. Spencer gets more credit than MIchael does for being able to live his life.

Dr. O hates Dr. Michael Easton because he cured Tracy from the brain worms, not the staff doctor O first assigned. IOW, professional jealousy. Which could be soapy if it were anyone but the doctors involved. Dr. O used to be something of an evil mastermind. Oh, how the might have fallen.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

If this Lee tribute with Serena is only like 3 scenes in 1 ep I'm gonna, well, laugh tbh.

It sounds like Lucy delivers the news of Lee's death Thursday and Serena's appearance/the tribute episode is Friday.  I'd hope Friday would be mostly about that without a lot of junky subplots (seeing Sonny elsewhere in that episode would enrage me), but I'm trying to keep my expectations low.

• Love 3