Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

#GH - Laura faces difficult truths about Charlotte. {July 18} <snip>

Why do I feel like the "difficult truths" will be the result of some kind of Spencer scheme.

What "difficult truths about Charlotte" are there? She doesn't want to live with Lulu and Dante? She misses Valentin? Neither of those is unreasonable. Unless she's killed a hobo or something, I can't see how a 10-year-old (or however old she's supposed to be) is that confounding.

The spoilers are written are so badly, not that there's a way to write them accurately and also create anticipation.

• Love 3
On 7/4/2017 at 10:30 AM, BlackMamba said:

Do you go on Twitter or other soap sites?  Even Jamey cheerleads for Liz/Franco.  Which is shocking since Liz is his favorite and Liz is a rape survivor.  I know JaSam fans don't care or happy for Liz/Franco are a thing because it keeps her out of Jason's orbit(bullshit because he always comes to her).  But yeah they are out there just not here I don't think.  Not to mention, I think a lot of Liason fans have grown tired of Liz not getting Jason and being written to some bitch to prop Sam.   It's a consolation prize for them.   I love Liason but I'm not feeling Franco/Liz.  It just makes my stomach turn and RoHo looks like he's missed several showers and haircut appointments as of late.  Gross.

I think Roger's current hair is his version of the JT Protest Mullet.  He doesn't seem to like Franco much either.  Which is a shame because he does have nice hair when its cleaned and all.  Like 90s Howarth with that luxurious hair and GH's own Becky with the good hair would be worth watching just for the beauty.  So much shiny.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

What "difficult truths about Charlotte" are there? She doesn't want to live with Lulu and Dante? She misses Valentin? Neither of those is unreasonable. Unless she's killed a hobo or something, I can't see how a 10-year-old (or however old she's supposed to be) is that confounding.

I don't know how to do a multi-person quote or else I'd have TeeVee329's quote in here too.

But I agree with you. Unless it comes out that Charlotte is Dante's biological daughter, or it turns out that Charlotte isn't Lulu's but Laura's daughter, what other "difficult truths" are there? And why is Laura turning to Kevin for help? He can't treat Charlotte or help them in a professional capacity, they've been through this already.

*frustrated sigh* I'm afraid we are right back to square one in regards to a custody fight for Charlotte, now that Valentin has returned. I hope the dumbskull Port Charles custody lawyers got it in writing that Lulu has permanent custody and it wasn't contingent on Valentin being in prison or some dumb loophole like that.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Unless it comes out that Charlotte is Dante's biological daughter, or it turns out that Charlotte isn't Lulu's but Laura's daughter, what other "difficult truths" are there?

Uh oh, just thought of this - what if it turns out that Charlotte is actually Stavros' after all?  That would certainly be a "difficult truth".

• Love 3

Purely as a "difficult truth," I can agree this would qualify. But I'm not sure substituting one gross Cassadine father for another makes any difference. It would be super gross if everyone decided that somehow changes how they feel about her.

And now I'm having déjà vu—haven't we had this discussion before? When there was some uncertainty whether Valentin was in the embryo mix?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Uh oh, just thought of this - what if it turns out that Charlotte is actually Stavros' after all?  That would certainly be a "difficult truth".

I don't think that, but maybe something like Charlotte is a Cassadine and they're going to have to deal with Valentin and maybe Charlotte has some Cassadine Daaarkness in her blah blah.

But it should be Lulu having conflicts about that. Let Laura and Kevin have something of their own to deal with, preferably as TeeVee as suggested, with Kevin's issues.

• Love 4
(edited)

But say Spencer convinced THE ADULTS that Charlotte was really Stavros', wouldn't that knock her out of line as Valentin's heir for the Cassadine spoils he's after?

I'm not advocating for this, BTW.  I just think anything to do with Laura/Kevin/Charlotte is actually, really, a story about Spencer.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
(edited)
12 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I just think anything to do with Laura/Kevin/Charlotte is actually, really, a story about Spencer.

Well, duh. Why would we want to watch a story about a couple of olds and some newbie kid when Spencer is available?

When the inevitable Spencer/Charlotte showdown happens, I really want Charlotte to wipe the floor with that little turd. That she's a girl probably means it won't happen, right?

Edited by dubbel zout
typos; sheesh
  • Love 6
(edited)

I have lost track of who knows what in regards to Charlotte/Valentin because all the adults are determined to bow to Valentin and protect his image in Charlotte's eyes. Is part of the reason Laura moved to Kevin's and took Spencer with her so Spencer wouldn't blurt out the truth why he is so mad at her? Does Charlotte know that her papa killed Spencer's?

Re: Stavros. Did anyone ever bother to find out his will? I assume he would have left everything to his descendant line (Nikolas and then Spencer. Like I assume Nikolas left everything to Spencer.) What about Mikkos' will that Valentin "found" allows it to supersede Stavros and/or Nikolas' wills?

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Is part of the reason Laura moved to Kevin's and took Spencer with her so Spencer wouldn't blurt out the truth why he is so mad at her? Does Charlotte know that her papa killed Spencer's?

1) They moved in with Kevin because Dante and Lulu's house was a close fit. With Laura and Spencer, there are six people in one house. Spencer is sharing a room with Rocco, I think. I don't know where Laura and Charlotte sleep, but I'd want to move out in that situation. Plus, Spencer is being a general turd to Charlotte. She shouldn't have to put up with that no matter what. It's not her fault who her father is.

2) Probably not, and at her age, I don't think she needs to know.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The spoilers are written are so badly, not that there's a way to write them accurately and also create anticipation.

I'm sure it will be some kind of Demon Seed crap, but what it SHOULD be is everyone realizing that you can't just tell a kid that her father is gone forever because of....reasons....without her acting out. Therefore, Emme gets her maternity leave when Lulu takes Charlotte to The Netherlands to get some closure with her father, in person.

But that's too sensible, I guess. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Re: Stavros. Did anyone ever bother to find out his will? I assume he would have left everything to his descendant line (Nikolas and then Spencer. Like I assume Nikolas left everything to Spencer.) What about Mikkos' will that Valentin "found" allows it to supersede Stavros and/or Nikolas' wills?

I don't know anything about Greek or Russian law but under U.S. law, Valentin would have been SOL. Nik didn't inherit from Mikkos, he inherited from Stavros - that's two wills that were probated decades apart. Valentin can't show up with a codicil from a will that was probated nearly 40 years ago, especially since there was no wrongdoing or fraud on the part of Stavros.  Valentin was aware of the codicil which supposedly made him Mikkos' heir and he slept on his rights for decades. He screwed himself, he can't displace Stavros and he certainly can't displace Nik. And that's just Mikkos' private assets. The Cassadine Trust would be a completely different issue. Mikkos didn't create the Trust and there was never any indication that he could change its terms, that's why it was so important that the Stavros/Laura "marriage" was technically legal. Nik was the legitimate heir, in part, because he was legitimate. None of Mikkos' direct living descendants are eligible to inherit the Trust. 

JP/SA should've just stuck with the story of Valentin forcing Nik to sign over his assets and being cleared by the Greek courts instead of trying to legitimize Valentin with this stupid codicil.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

JP/SA should've just stuck with the story of Valentin forcing Nik to sign over his assets and being cleared by the Greek courts instead of trying to legitimize Valentin with this stupid codicil.

Especially because we know it's all going to get changed eventually anyway.

• Love 5

#GH - Laura pleads her case. {July 20}

For Spencer? For Charlotte? This is a few days after the spoilers that Laura struggles with difficult truths about Charlotte and then she goes to Kevin for help.

On 6/30/2017 at 11:56 AM, Chairperson Meow said:

The whole show is Jason's brain tumor from the night he and AJ got in an accident. The car accident, Jason Morgan, Sonny, Carly, Sam, zombie demon child, Franco were all a nightmare he had after his tumor grew or something.  He's so appalled by the way he treated his family in the dream that he vows to be a better person.  He and AJ walk in the hospital and see a middle aged short man throwing cafeteria cups.  They shake their heads and call him a loser.  

Ratings improve.   

I put up a similar idea to this on the reboot thread.  I still think a reboot could actually save GH.

On 7/4/2017 at 8:53 AM, Bishop said:

Exactly.  The writing for Jason and Sam was atrocious with both of them acting completely out of character in order to push Sam towards McBain.  The only reason RC put Jason and Sam back together at the end, before SBu left, was when he heard SBu was leaving.  So he threw a one to the Jasam fans.  Then PPP happened (Karma baby), and he couldn't use his precious OLTL characters anymore.  

But now ABC has the rights to the characters back, so all bets are off.

On 7/5/2017 at 1:16 PM, LexieLily said:

what other "difficult truths" [regarding Charlotte] are there?

Maybe it will turn out she was Claudette's daughter after all.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, yowsah1 said:
On 7/5/2017 at 1:16 PM, LexieLily said:

what other "difficult truths" [regarding Charlotte] are there?

Maybe it will turn out she was Claudette's daughter after all.

LOL. In some ways, I wish this would happen.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh geez, you're probably right.

I wonder if Lucy will mention that Finn looks like the twin brother of the vampire she killed.

Maybe she can imagine Franco is a werewolf and attack him too.   Its not like murder convictions mean anything in PC.

• Love 2
(edited)

Mostly the usual blah blah blah in the weekly spoilers from TV Source, but two things caught my eye: http://tvsourcemagazine.com/2017/07/general-hospital-spoilers-july-10-14-2017-edition/

Lucy is the bearer of sad news.

Scott welcomes a special visitor.

This certainly sounds like it could be the Peter Hansen tribute episode we've been hearing about.  I presume the sad news will be Lee having passed away off-screen.  And the special visitor could be Serena, or...is the actress who plays Gail still with us?

Also, I realized that if the Peter Hansen tribute episode is this month, it means Franco WON'T be part of it.  Yay!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
On 6/26/2017 at 9:46 PM, TeeVee329 said:

And...I get that there are surely die-hard fans of Burton and/or Jason/Sam 1.0, but it seems to me like the majority of the Jason/Sam fans are on board with version 2.0.  Is this really going to draw back that many viewers who aren't still watching now?

Late to the discussion on this. 

I wont be back for this. Actually I've only been watching JaSam scenes on YouTube. I haven't watched the show in ages, but I will not be watch YouTube videos or otherwise of SB reprising this role.

I have absolutely no interest in seeing his wooden, puffed up/buffed up self back in the role. 

BM did take some getting used to, but I've really enjoyed his version of Jason, most especially in the JaSam pairing. He and KeMo have great chemistry and seem to work very well together. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Kevin better not be too busy with the Spencer/Lulu/Laura dramz, he should be interacting with Serena and Lucy about Lee's death's too.  As should Laura, honestly.

Kevin was Serena's stepfather once upon a time, right?

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Kevin was Serena's stepfather once upon a time, right?

Sure was.  And knowing this awful show, this might be the only time Serena's allowed within the city limits so he best be in a scene with her.

• Love 3
(edited)

You guys, have we talked about this? Oscar is Brenda Barrett's son

Reliable or bullshit? And if it is true, I don't know what to think. On one hand, it is soapy. On the other hand, how long before he's a Sonny apologist like his mother? On the third hand, I am still cranky my long-prophesied Joss/Jake/Emma teen triangle will never happen.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Reliable or bullshit? And if it is true, I don't know what to think. On one hand, it is soapy. On the other hand, how long before he's a Sonny apologist like his mother?

The photos in that link are hilarious. As for soapy, I don't really think so. Yes, Brenda and Carly are archnemeses, but Brenda has been off the show for years. Carly picking on a kid is gross. (I know, Sonny uses Oscar to manippleate Joss. That's gross, too.) I doubt Jax will be upset by Josslyn getting with Brenda's son. And I can't see Brenda storming in to put an end to it. So...pffft.

• Love 2
(edited)

I get why that'd be the speculation - Brenda's son getting involved with Jax's daughter/Carly's daughter/Sonny's stepdaughter is soapy - but I'm not buying.  Why would his name be different?  Who would he be living with in Port Charles if not Brenda?  How would Joss not know who he is given their parents were engaged a few years ago?

As I mentioned above, I could see him being related to Stone somehow.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

CDL is like super unreliable, right? And after today's ep I just don't buy that. I think people would know if Brenda and her son were in PC. Unless Brenda gave him up for some reason. But now that we know he doesn't know his father I imagine he'll be the unknown/long lost son of one of the male characters. I just hope it's not Sonny lol.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

As I mentioned above, I could see him being related to Stone somehow.

Stone's girlfriend before Robin was Crystal, runaway, drug user and unfortunately who had AIDA and with whom Stone got infected from. She was also dead.

Of course there could be a previous girlfriend, however Oscar is Joss' age and Stone died years before Sonny or Carly were having children.

11 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

But now that we know he doesn't know his father I imagine he'll be the unknown/long lost son of one of the male characters

Yeah, I think it's more likely who his father is is where the conflict comes in. But given the state of the show these days, I can't be arsed to care. It's going to be written so badly, and Sonny will somehow eventually win, even though Joss is not his daughter.

• Love 4
(edited)
5 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Stone's girlfriend before Robin was Crystal, runaway, drug user and unfortunately who had AIDA and with whom Stone got infected from. She was also dead.

Of course there could be a previous girlfriend, however Oscar is Joss' age and Stone died years before Sonny or Carly were having children.

Oh, I didn't necessarily mean Stone's kid, but related to the family somehow.  I believe someone mentioned a sister who mostly disowned him and Jagger.  Plus, there's that report about Ghost!Stone appearing to Sonny.

As for the age thing, it's not like Joss is the age she's supposed to be lol.

Edited by TeeVee329
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh, I didn't necessarily mean Stone's kid, but related to the family somehow.  I believe someone mentioned a sister who mostly disowned him and Jagger.

Gina played by Nikki Cox. She was adopted by a family and didn't want Stone to mess with her life and they lost contact until Jagger tracked her down. They changed actresses and for a while she was working at Kelly's because she had a falling out with adoptive family.

I could see Sonny continuing to help her out through the years. He did back then.

Wouldn't Oscar being Brenda's son require Vanessa Marcil to be on the show?  I doubt she'd come back in a supporting role.

On the other hand, I wouldn't put it past them to make Oscar Sonny's son so Joss wouldn't hate him so much.

I just had a thought.... Is BM going to turn out to be Lucky? That would be the most f-ed thing TIIC could do but also could be brilliant soap... I'd be willing to hand wave the Robin and Jason interaction before the car accident.....

• Love 2

I thought I read that Billy Miller just landed another prime time gig. Not sure if it is a one-off or more substantial, but if it is the latter, maybe he isn't sticking around?

I recall reading he was often half in/half out while seeking prime time while on Y&R, too.

• Love 1
(edited)

BM would've made more sense as Lucky and Helena actually would go to the trouble of hurting him, but Lucky delivered undead Jake to Liz while Jakeson was sleeping on her couch

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Reliable or bullshit? And if it is true, I don't know what to think. On one hand, it is soapy. On the other hand, how long before he's a Sonny apologist like his mother? On the third hand, I am still cranky my long-prophesied Joss/Jake/Emma teen triangle will never happen.

Look, I know Brenda was/is a very popular character, but how the hell are the Barrett's a "beloved family" on GH?  Besides Brenda and her sister (she had a sister, right?) I can't think of a single other family member that had been on canvas.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, yowsah1 said:

Look, I know Brenda was/is a very popular character, but how the hell are the Barrett's a "beloved family" on GH?  Besides Brenda and her sister (she had a sister, right?) I can't think of a single other family member that had been on canvas.

Was her sister even on long? 

1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

I thought I read that Billy Miller just landed another prime time gig. Not sure if it is a one-off or more substantial, but if it is the latter, maybe he isn't sticking around?

I recall reading he was often half in/half out while seeking prime time while on Y&R, too.

He and it was annoying. He would leave for pilot season so he could focus strictly on auditioning and then if he booked a role he'd been offscreen for filming.

45 minutes ago, jsbt said:

'91-'93, and off and on after til... '99, I think.

This has sent me to google and YouTube to confirm my fuzzy memories that Julia and AJ had a thing before she left. SHE totally could have a secret AJ kid! (Who could have been been Cooper Barrett, Maxie's hot dumb cop boyfriend - which, Spinelli aside, Maxie sure has a type, huh? How ridiculous was it that he had the last name Barrett and no connection to Brenda and Julia? That's not how soaps work! He was killed by Diego Alcazar, I think. That could be explained away, probably...)

Okay. Putting my never-ending obsession with a AJ's Secret Kid story aside now. You guys think this Oscar spoiler is bullshit, huh? Probably for the best.

• Love 6