Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I think a lot of people can and should work together to take down Sonny, including Michael, Anna, Scorpio, etc. But I think the biggest weight in story and the ratings potential is best if they rope the newly evolved Jason into it, have him turn on his former partner because he can't take what it's done to him and their lives and their families. If you want to make the character differentiated and actualized again with the recast and how different he's become, that is where you go IMO - and make Jason a WSB agent. I believe they can run promos with it successfully, and if they had a better writing team with people from the old guard (hahaha) it could do very well.

It'll all go back to the same old shit when Steve returns, though. When, not if.

I'm not convinced Passanante or Altman want Sonny out or care. I think they write what they're told and are interested in other dumb stories and characters. I think Frank only cares about what keeps the show alive and also allows them to play his favorites. I think they all consider keeping Sonny in the mob and prominent the easiest path of least resistance with both Benard and their aging audience that will keep all those other balls in the air - remove that piece and then they might have to think about something else. IMO it is at this point a means to an end to do all the other dumb shit they prefer to waste time on. Doing something else would require expending more energy and not focusing on their pet projects, and maybe endangering those things if they had to corral the audience again.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 9

There was an interview with someone (sorry, I don't remember who) where it was said that the mob aspect will never leave GH. The emphasis on it might change, but it will always be there. 

I don't think it would be that hard to get rid of the mob, but then they'd have to come up with something to take its place, and we've seen how lazy and uninspired the stories we get are.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think it would be that hard to get rid of the mob, but then they'd have to come up with something to take its place, and we've seen how lazy and uninspired the stories we get are.

Like centering stories around the hospital! No, I know that's crazy talk.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

It did, but honestly, I was surprised that Sonny a) actually went to prison and b) Michael was actually mad that long.

Even then, we found out he never stopped being mad.  He just tried to push it down.  Morgan's death brought it right back up, though, as we learned from his talk with Carly a few weeks ago.  Though he's clearly back to pushing it down again.

Edited by Michel
  • Love 1

It would have been one thing if Michael had hired Sabrina as Avery's nanny knowing it would upset Carly/Sonny/Ava -  and largely because it would upset them - after he'd really gotten to know Sabrina and trusted her despite what she'd intended to do to Avery. Instead RC decided to waive off heinous behavior instead of working through it and immediately re-positioned Sabrina as the good girl despite her actions instead of because of them. I can't stand Sabrina so I was predisposed to dislike them as a couple but the writing guaranteed it.  

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1

I can't get over the fact that the casting announcement that we all thought might be Jeff Webber for the Liz/Hayden story (which ended up not being a story) was actually Liz's rapist for the Franco "redemption" story featuring Liz.

I wasn't looking forward to the Liz/Hayden story because Hayden being a Webber is a stupid waste but this story about the rapist and the RAPIST SERIAL KILLER is so much worse

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, ulkis said:

I was surprised that Sonny a) actually went to prison and b) Michael was actually mad that long.

Same. I mean I'm still pissed that they've totally walked back from it and Michael is now just a Sonny sycophant again, but I truly didn't believe they'd give us even 1/10 of what they ended up giving us, so I'm grateful for that.

• Love 7

Gross spoiler - On 12/12, Franco uses Kiki to get back at Tom Baker.  Which, to me, reads like he's going to use Kiki as bait for a known rapist.  That is utterly disgusting.

That same week, Jason finds out about Sonny "sleeping" with Nelle and they get into a fight about it.

• Love 3

The Kiki spoiler could be anything though, like steal his napkin while he's eating at the metro court.

I'm already on Sonny's side in the Jason/Sonny fight. Jason needs to mind his own business.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Do we really not know what to do with this character, show?

They don't know what to do with any character. I know we always make comments like these, but these stories continue to prove it. I cannot believe how devoid of imagination this show is.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

I'm SO sick of him just commenting on other people and acting like a pseudo therapist. Do we really not know what to do with this character, show?

It's not even that. Even if he's just angry on Carly's behalf, it's been decades Jason. Please just let Carly and Sonny do what they do without him creepily putting his oar in.

Of course, this is if the spoiler isn't overblown and Sonny and Jason "fighting" isn't just Jason saying "hey man, you okay?"

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It's not even that. Even if he's just angry on Carly's behalf, it's been decades Jason. Please just let Carly and Sonny do what they do without him creepily putting his oar in.

Of course, this is if the spoiler isn't overblown and Sonny and Jason "fighting" isn't just Jason saying "hey man, you okay?"

Oh, ok. Yeah, my issue is beyond Sonny/Carly. Jason should have his own story and his own problems to deal with. 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, ulkis said:

And then having a totally scintillating (read: boring) convo with Sam about fidelity.  

• Love 1

And isn't Jason supposed to be pulling away a bit from total involvement with Sonny and Carly? Or was that just one brief, shining moment?

Support them when their son dies, okay; but stay out of their marital issues. He wouldn't want them sticking their noses into problems he has with Sam, not that they're allowed any problems more dire than what to name their baby.

• Love 5

One thing I know for certain, Sonny wouldn't butt into Jasam's problems cause he doesn't care about anything but himself.

I don't have a problem with Jason being mad about this Shells shit. He is out here trying to clear Sonny's name while he is out there getting sex.

I wish he would drop all of this shit and focus on his family.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Is this "fight" going to lead to Jason killing Sonny and then Ava, Julian, Kiki, and Franco?

Dear Santa Claus,

Please make this happen and I'll stop bitching for...let's see, does 5 minutes sound adequate? Thanks!

Love,

Me

• Love 4

Jason and Sam brace to learn the sex of their baby.

"Brace"? What are they expecting to hear, that it's going to be a lemur?

Franco and Kiki get back at Tom Baker.

So I guess Lauren's career aptitude test answer was "minion"?

• Love 9

Wow. Those spoilers are aggressively dull.

For some reason, this made me laugh:

Jason and Sam brace to learn the sex of their baby.

Is that something that really needs to be "braced" against? Is Jason that afraid of a girlchild or what?

ETA: Ha, jinx, dubbel zout!

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Wow. Those spoilers are aggressively dull.

For some reason, this made me laugh:

Is that something that really needs to be "braced" against? Is Jason that afraid of a girlchild or what?

I think that's just TV Source's wording. You know JaSam aren't getting any drama. It's going to be a girl. Jason will rub her belly. End of scene.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And apparently Jason is a PI now?  Did the scene of him passing the test land on the cutting room floor?

It's absolutely ridiculous.

And, also, he was a killer. And just bc he decided to "stop," doesn't mean he shouldn't have dealt with the consequences of it. 

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

And, also, he was a killer. And just bc he decided to "stop," doesn't mean he shouldn't have dealt with the consequences of it. 

That sounds suspiciously like something that might lead to "drama" and "story" that involves "character history" 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

MS loves Kim and vice versa, lol. 

Also, is she back for holidays (with Emma) or is this horrible Maxie/Nathan wedding actually happening?

Both?

I definitely think there will be a ceremony, but will it go through is the question. Or they go through with it but something happens to Nathan a couple weeks later.

I don't know. Maybe RP is staying put, but the way their story has played out, something strikes me as off/changed.

5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Both?

I definitely think there will be a ceremony, but will it go through is the question. Or they go through with it but something happens to Nathan a couple weeks later.

I don't know. Maybe RP is staying put, but the way their story has played out, something strikes me as off/changed.

The promo makes it seem like he and they are staying. Gag.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I can't even remember - is Griffin still a priest?

I think he told Anna he was resigning. I don't know if he handed in his papers in though or whatever you have to do to de-frock yourself.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

But who is Griffin gonna sleep with if Maxie is with Nathan? Whooooooooooooooo?

Griffin banged Nathan's last wife, why wouldn't he bang this one?  Apparently, Nathan isn't a great shot so Griffin knows he'll be fine.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, ulkis said:

But then again, they didn't stop promoting Brydog up until he was out the door.

But didn't it say "some love stories are meant to last" next to them? I may have made that up.

The reaction to the promo is amusing to me, though. Are people just now beginning to realize this show does not care about JaSam or Lante? And Julexis were shot to hell?

1 hour ago, ulkis said:
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I can't even remember - is Griffin still a priest?

I think he told Anna he was resigning. I don't know if he handed in his papers in though or whatever you have to do to de-frock yourself.

If A Nun's Story is any guide, Griffin has to petition the Vatican to be released from his vows. I don't think it's all that hard, but there's a certain amount of bureaucracy.

• Love 1

This is just speculation, but how much longer til Valerie gets put on an ice float and sent out to sea?  The promo makes it clear Andre and Curtis are going to be fighting for Jordan and there's no one else to really pair her with and she has no stories with her family.  

• Love 1