Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, RedRockRosie said:

I completely agree. Todd & Blair's story was well written & played out over a period of years. IIRC, they also addressed how Todd had been abused & bullied as a child & he continued that bully behavior in his teen years. They both admitted to their own demons and worked (admittedly some times harder than other times) to redeem themselves or at least be able to accept themselves. I was impressed by the writing early on and for the most part through the entire run of their relationship- of course there definitely were times that I hated some of the writing too. KDP & RH were gold together IMO. Still miss that show. Thanks, ABC.

Unpopular opinion here, but  this is why I can't hate Howarth's Franco. I still see some bit of the vulnerable Todd ,probably because I want to, but then it's no doubt easier for me cause I was totally tuned out of GH during the time James Franco was on. Why in the hell did FV waste RHo on such a shitty skeevy worthless character & then make all these attempts to try to redeem him? What a waste...GH is filled with a rich history & so many possibilities and he picks Franco?? The stupid...it hurts ...& hurts the show.

the stupid may hurt but6, you aren't really surprised they did it are you ? no matter what they say, I still believe they TIIC are doing their every thing they can to get the show cancelled, and then Blame the ratings !

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, testardo said:

the stupid may hurt but6, you aren't really surprised they did it are you ? no matter what they say, I still believe they TIIC are doing their every thing they can to get the show cancelled, and then Blame the ratings !

I'm not really surprised I guess & I don't want to believe it, but sadly it does make sense....unless they are even stupider than we can imagine....

• Love 3
1 hour ago, RedRockRosie said:

I completely agree. Todd & Blair's story was well written & played out over a period of years. IIRC, they also addressed how Todd had been abused & bullied as a child & he continued that bully behavior in his teen years. They both admitted to their own demons and worked (admittedly some times harder than other times) to redeem themselves or at least be able to accept themselves. I was impressed by the writing early on and for the most part through the entire run of their relationship- of course there definitely were times that I hated some of the writing too. KDP & RH were gold together IMO. Still miss that show. Thanks, ABC.

Unpopular opinion here, but  this is why I can't hate Howarth's Franco. I still see some bit of the vulnerable Todd ,probably because I want to, but then it's no doubt easier for me cause I was totally tuned out of GH during the time James Franco was on. Why in the hell did FV waste RHo on such a shitty skeevy worthless character & then make all these attempts to try to redeem him? What a waste...GH is filled with a rich history & so many possibilities and he picks Franco?? The stupid...it hurts ...& hurts the show.

Also, when Blair learned Todd was a convicted rapist, she didn't go "Aww you need wuv and understanding, boo boo.". She freaked out and left.  Todd stopped her and confronted her on why she was leaving and omg, she called a rapist a rapist.  Well I'll be.  There were also scenes of her getting drunk and trying to seduce Todd, saying he'd be lucky to bang her.  He turned her down.  We saw Todd working as a janitor, working as a tennis instructor at the country club and getting treated like garbage.  And I mean garbage.  Roger didn't woobie eye then.  He played Todd as trying to keep his pride and struggle to not show he was affected.  IMO there hasn't been a better redemption since.  Roger kept the disgust and remorse for what Todd did till the end.  That is the problem with this show.  Every writer wants A & D, but won't write B&C to explain why we should care about why these characters are doing x&y and who they are.  Hell, the writers don't know who they are.  I doubt these writers know Liz was raped or that Michael was raped or even went to prison.  

• Love 12

And that's the problem.   If the writers don't care or know,  then why should viewers care?   Because it's been on for over 50 years?  Because interns planted a bunch of lame hashtags and stupid smush names?   Because we liked certain actors on other (better written) shows in other (better written) roles?  Because bribed soap media tells us that a story is totes awesome and/or certain actors are good?  Because sometimes certain actors pander to fans via social media?   Well fuck that.  I'm not watching Actor X's role on Y show.  I can you tube that, Frank.   Also, I don't get star struck over your GH soap actors.  They're D list at best.  And you can hashtag anything to make it sound interesting.   So, stop wasting time, quit with the smoke and mirrors and fucking make a real soap.   It's not GoT.  God.  But really, you could borrow something from them, like trimming the damn cast.  

• Love 8
22 hours ago, ulkis said:

@TwistedandBored, @jsbt is a he that you should blame Liz/Franco for :)

Oh, I didn't know. Sorry, @JSBT. Thanks for correcting me, @ULKIS

22 hours ago, jsbt said:

It's not my fault y'all were blind and deaf to the flashing neon signs.

I was in denial. I was hoping they would recast Lucky and give me LL2 again but after this... I don't even know if I want Liz anywhere near Lucky. 

See, I loved RH's Todd and I can't stand Franco. Like I want him dead ASAP.

• Love 3
On 6/18/2016 at 4:19 PM, Chairperson Meow said:

IMO there hasn't been a better redemption since.

I thought GUIDING LIGHT did a good job with the character of Jonathan, but of course he didn't go as dark as OLTL had Todd go.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, yowsah1 said:

I thought GUIDING LIGHT did a good job with the character of Jonathan, but of course he didn't go as dark as OLTL had Todd go.

If you compare Todd's actual crimes and Sonny/Jason's crimes, they're not that different from each other.   The only difference is that Todd is a rapist.  But he also served time for it and was treated afterward accordingly.   I really wish that Real Todd had come to GH and not Pod Todd.  Because that guy would not have been Carly's bff.  He also wasn't a pull a gun out in open court kinda guy either.  Real Todd would've hated Carly because she talks too much and barges in the room.  He'd have left the Metro Court for the cheap motel.  And he'd have terrorized Sonny in some weird kind of way that would be scary af.  

• Love 3

So the actor who played Will Cortlandt is coming? I'm going to have the same issue with him that I had with WdV -- playing a black hat baddie. That's all I'll see.

Will attacking Hayley may have happened literally 20 years ago (shut up!), but that's still seared on my brain.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Francie said:

So the actor who played Will Cortlandt is coming? I'm going to have the same issue with him that I had with WdV -- playing a black hat baddie.

What's funny is original Will (Lonnie Quinn) was blinding in his white hattedness; it's like they were two different characters with the same name. Will #1 used to try to keep original sort of trashy Dixie (Kari Gibson, yes Cady McClain was also a recast!) in check.

Funny how their personas sort of traded off with their replacements.

• Love 2

Next week's spoilers: http://tvsourcemagazine.com/2016/06/general-hospital-spoilers-june-27-july-1-2016-edition/

Dillon admits his feelings for Kiki but wants to be respectful of her choice to be with Morgan. However, Morgan takes a different approach and tells Dillon to back away from Kiki. Dillon isn’t impressed with Morgan’s controlling behavior and wants Kiki to come to her own conclusion.

Gawd, Morgan is such a twat.  But the way this is written, at least, it sounds like Morgan is the angst for Dillon and Kiki, not the other way around.

• Love 7

At least he's not being a passive-aggressive whiner. I liked Nina's advice to him to go and get Lauren. Let Lauren decide who she wants, and if she can't, move on.

Good that Laura twigs on to Spencer knowing Nik is alive. Too bad she can't play the little twerp like he deserves.

• Love 4

I bet she gives a fake name for the interview, too, so the "suspense" of finding out her true identity is built up.

Zzzzzz. I have no desire to watch this. Nathan was an idiot to lie about his marriage, but Maxie is a dope to keep pursuing this. The marriage ended a decade ago. It's ancient history. It's another WE NEVER CARED.

Over-under on how long it takes Frank to give BW a contract? You know Claudette will become one of those recurring characters the HWs fall in love with and just can't help wanting to write more for! Ugh. I don't mind Bree Williamson, but there's no room for another contract player. Stahp.

• Love 12
32 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I bet she gives a fake name for the interview, too, so the "suspense" of finding out her true identity is built up.

Zzzzzz. I have no desire to watch this. Nathan was an idiot to lie about his marriage, but Maxie is a dope to keep pursuing this. The marriage ended a decade ago. It's ancient history. It's another WE NEVER CARED.

Over-under on how long it takes Frank to give BW a contract? You know Claudette will become one of those recurring characters the HWs fall in love with and just can't help wanting to write more for! Ugh. I don't mind Bree Williamson, but there's no room for another contract player. Stahp.

Maxie let the Claudette shit go. How is she still pursuing this mess. I have no desire too see Claudette at all. Nor Maxie playing 2nd fiddle too her

2 hours ago, jsbt said:

The ridiculous part is that Maxie is basically going to be the straight woman/ingenue opposite Bree Williamson here. Maxie!

So what you're saying is that Maxie is going too be written as some straight laced goody goody with no fire or Spunk so Bree Williamson can play the vixen bad girl because that's all she can "play" and I say that loosely.

• Love 1
(edited)

LMAO at Margarine, @LeftPhalange!

12 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Looks like Claudette's first air date is July 5th.

I was trying to come up with a joke here because it's the day after July 4th which is Valerie's fave holiday to have sex, but I'm not clever enough.

I'm ready for Claudette to show up tbh. We desperately need movement in this story. Plus I have hopes that it will be horrible in a funny way.

Edited by peachmangosteen
5 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Wait, I thought Margarine aired on Friday? Isn't she the person who hit Ava with the taser?

Yes, she is and she did. Bree Williamson / Claudette graces our screens (sarcasm) on July 5th.

(edited)

This Nathan/Claudette story won't really move until she runs into Griffin. The fact that Nathan shot him should be what Claudette holds over his head since Nathan already told Maxie that he caught Claudette in bed with someone and started shooting. Claudette looks kinda flaky in that video like Tess used to look. I'm also surprised the actress is not on contract.  It's not like these head writers don't already know of her and her previous work. Who will Nathan have when Maxie leaves him for Griffin?

Edited by Syndicate

The description for today's episode in my program guide contains the following:  Jason gets knocked unconscious.  

I won't even pretend I didn't laugh for a solid five minutes.  At this point, I'd imagine that all of the brain activity you'd find if you do an MRI of his brain is a tiny, blank-faced Steve Burton, wearing a tight black t-shirt and blinking.  Everything else has been knocked right out of action up there.  

• Love 10
3 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

The description for today's episode in my program guide contains the following:  Jason gets knocked unconscious.

If only that same kindness could be extended to the poor viewers.

• Love 6

Sometimes the episode descriptions are weird. The one for Tuesday's show said that Ava would be horrified at her own actions. I kept waiting for something like that, and it was just the same old: talk of the weeping Naiad and Huxley, flirtation with Nikoless.  

I think that was referring to the total of 1.5 seconds where Ava thought she might have slept with Nik because she couldn't remember anything. Why they're trying to portray either of them as people who aren't totally into sex is beyond me. Neither of them are prudes, and both are known to have a strong sex drive.

• Love 4

Ugh, Darby's back on July 15th.  I welcome her if it means the Dillon/Kiki/Morgan triangle has ended in Dillon's favor.

Also, Claudette will indeed show up for a job interview with Maxie going by "CJ".

• Love 5
21 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

21 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also, Claudette will indeed show up for a job interview with Maxie going by "CJ".

Oh haha.   Very clever there, Frank.   I want to just put a wig on, punch myself in the face, knock all my teeth out, smear my mascara, don a shitty blonde wig, and scream "Leave OLTL Alone!!!"  Maybe then Llanview could finally rest in peace and GH could be an actual soap.  I'll take one for the team if I have to.  

• Love 1