Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

Oh fucking hell...

@soapsindepthabc: Frank Valentini told Bryan Craig that the Corinthos family is being put front and center.  #GHFCW

Why do I have a feeling FV is mindfucking with Bryan Craig. Like, "yes, the Corinthos family is being put front and center . . . big stories will center around Morgan being sent away for bipolar treatment and coming back with a new face."

As for going back to laser-focusing on sonny/Carly and friends. Sigh. Like, maybe the problem was not not focusing on Sonny but on focusing on crazy psychopath cartoon characters? Just a thought?

• Love 9

Welcome to my world. I've been wishing for it for around three years now.

It's such a shame. It shouldn't be that hard to recognize that a show called "General Hospital" should be about...the hospital. But, no, let's focus on Mobster Sonny, Snarles, and their dumbass kids.

• Love 1

It definitely sounds like a network mandate.  Look at the random veer in Michael giving Avery back to Sonny/Carly and burying the hatchet with them.

And now I live in fear of Michael changing his name back. :(

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

I could deal with a super Sonny centric GH again if they just got the man out of the damn mafia. There is nothing left there. Period. There is NO tension. I know he's not going to prison or dying. Even if he dies and becomes a ghost, who cares? Unless ghost Sonny is tormented that he can't have sex with anyone on this plane, that might be interesting to watch for a day or two.

But otherwise? They have to take Sonny out. There is nowhere left to go.

• Love 20

As for going back to laser-focusing on sonny/Carly and friends. Sigh. Like, maybe the problem was not not focusing on Sonny but on focusing on crazy psychopath cartoon characters? Just a thought?

Who is it at ABC that has such a problem with nice, normal people?   I'd really love to know.   Like, why are our only options asshole mobsters or sadistic lunatics?    

And if the network just wants flashy violence ... why can't the spies and cops be written as cool and smart and beating up bad guys?   

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 9

I think the problem is none of these people have actually sat down and watched Sonny. All they know is he was the star for years, and now the ratings are tanking majorly so they're like, "oh, must be because they toned down the focus on that guy."

• Love 7

I wonder if Sonny's "super cool mobster moves" from the other day were just a taste of things to come.

ETA...though on the other hand, haven't we heard the network's the one that nixed the whole story with Jake(son) undercover in the mob?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

This amuses me, if true (from daytime dish):

Maybe Frank is fibbing. The new writers don't have much experience writing mob. Some badmouthing of RC went on from MB with some cheering I heard.

and someone replied:

BC totally cheered. CD and DZ remained quiet. lol

• Love 2

So much for "80s adventure and romance", huh, Vicki Dummer?

This was my exact thought. At this rate, GH will be canceled. Newbies, randoms and more mob. Just what I want to see on a soap about a hospital.

Ooooo, I can't wait to see the 6778885th big bad who will be the evilist evil to ever evil coming to take over Sonny's territory for the 77885654th time.

• Love 2

rumor from soaptownusa:

Scott quits his job as DA to defend Franco who is on trial for Silas' murder 

ew.

I FUCKING KNEW IT!

Why does this show want to hurt me?!?!

And we really supposed to feel bad that the SERIAL KILLER is being tried for the one murder he didn't commit.  REALLY?!?!

I'm not a Scotty fan, never have been.  But seriously, Show is going to waste this actor, waste this character, AGAIN?  Make his motivation for existence be defending that .... thing?  

GH has managed to actually put a nightmare on our screens.  We've got Howarth at his absolute, hammiest, most indulgent, most indulged WORST.  And Stafford doing the EXACT SAME SHIT she always does, no matter the show, no matter the role.  And they've got them together, and are actually going to make them front and center.

There isn't even any way to understand any of this, not in relation to anything, much less in relation to GH.

Kin Shriner doesn't deserve it.  We don't deserve it.    I will say, though, that what I think Howarth and Stafford deserve isn't something I would dare to write.  

I've been on the barge since near the end of Fluke, back and forth until Laura left.  Now I don't see any reason at all to tune in.  

• Love 3

This show is just going to be same shit different day.

I truly believe as long as Maurice Bernard and Sonny are on this show it's never going to get better in any significant way. With Geary gone it's the Sonny show and it will continue to have a horrible character lead who is continuously white washed.

Now with the added bonus of a serial killer being white washed.

• Love 10

Maybe Frank is fibbing. The new writers don't have much experience writing mob. Some badmouthing of RC went on from MB with some cheering I heard.

and someone replied:

I worry for CD at this point since the best part of RC's writing was Michael turning away from Sonny and his shitty family they plan to put front and center?? Do these assholes never learn?  I will never, fucking never, get over Sonny killing AJ, in cold fucking blood, lest we forget.  Every time I see Sonny on screen now, and I'm barely watching, I feel sick inside.  He's a piece of shit, who seems not to care and is doubling down on his weak-ass mob life.  Yeah, that's watchable.  

And Carly, fuck you.  

I actually like the idea of Scott defending Franco, in that these two actors work well together, and Kin is probably one of the few who can deal with the acting style of Roger H.  Yeah, Franco was a bad idea, but I like these two funny/good acting men being together in scenes almost as an oasis of the shit show to their left, right, and over their fucking heads.  

TC as Nik is a Dick.  No one cares about the person I was trying to have killed?  I'm ruthless!  Double down on that motivation, bitch. 

Edited by sunflower
  • Love 5

If this mess goes back to the unholy three, Carly, sonny and the borg. I am gone. laura or not. I am afraid TIIC have been made by the fans to keep Laura, so they want to destroy her. Lets face it. To make the mob the hero's they have to make every other character at least as bad. Nick is evil personified, and TC is as bad making excuses for him. To think I actually started hating Luke because of the way he treated him? Nina AND FRANCO no JUST NO. AVA no ALSO. What gets me is FrankenRon saved the show from being cancelled .Killed Jason, toned down and had a lot less Sonny, Made Michael a Q ,Then turned it all around, went off the wall allowing TG to destroy the L&L legacy, Michael forgave Sonny for killing his father in cold blood, gave Avery back now the show is on its way back. If the suits are messing with it again, someone needs to write a tell all book about behind the scenes so, the real fans can not only shut off what they put in its place but ABC all together. I don't even care anymore. I read this place a hell of a lot more than I actually watch.

• Love 2

I'm not a Scotty fan, never have been.  But seriously, Show is going to waste this actor, waste this character, AGAIN?  Make his motivation for existence be defending that .... thing?  

Kin likes Scotty being Franco's dad, so don't feel too bad for him. ;)

• Love 1

There is a video of Jason T, Emme and Dom's event.  Jason T brought up the fact that the whole Robin thing was written poorly (not his words, I am paraphrasing) and he said that he would like to see Patrick as a single dad and become friends with Dante.  LOL...Sounds like he knows SamTrick are not long for this world with Jason back.  Dom and Emme joked around about Val being pregnant, and Jason cracked that they haven't done a baby story in a while, and Emme said "How original!"  So I love that the actors fully acknowledge our concerns as well.

I know that's not really a spoiler...are we posting just random FCW stuff anywhere? 

• Love 1

There is a video of Jason T, Emme and Dom's event.  Jason T brought up the fact that the whole Robin thing was written poorly (not his words, I am paraphrasing) and he said that he would like to see Patrick as a single dad and become friends with Dante.  LOL...Sounds like he knows SamTrick are not long for this world with Jason back.  Dom and Emme joked around about Val being pregnant, and Jason cracked that they haven't done a baby story in a while, and Emme said "How original!"  So I love that the actors fully acknowledge our concerns as well.

I know that's not really a spoiler...are we posting just random FCW stuff anywhere? 

I chose spoiler section mostly cause it doesn't seem very official lol and some stuff is spoiler-y but I guess it's fine in the press thread too.

also, thanks for clearing up that Jason T. was being sarcastic. Some reports made it seem like he was serious about there not being a baby story in a long while and I was like " . . . "

Here is MB talking about Ron:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2tb_wwQ_WY

Edited by ulkis

Chad and Brian seem to be enjoying themselves at Mo's event. I also think what he said about Ron wasn't really that bad, although both he and Tony referring to Ron as the writer is quite telling.

• Love 1

Speaking of JT, he also said that he thinks it's weird that Robin and Patrick haven't spoken since they signed the divorce papers and now she's living in Paris...shopping. Like, LOL, if he doesn't know that her character is a prisoner. It would actually explain his acting choices.

I thought it was interesting that his first thoughts were about Scrubs and he'd love for Patrick to be a single dad. He really doesn't care about Samtrick. Heh.

Dom said some interesting things, as well. How things may be OOC, but it's fun for the actors to play. It seemed like he initially disagreed with the storyline, but it's meaty. He also said he wants Dante to tell Lulu the truth, as opposed to her finding out from someone else.

Speaking of JT, he also said that he thinks it's weird that Robin and Patrick haven't spoken since they signed the divorce papers and now she's living in Paris...shopping. Like, LOL, if he doesn't know that her character is a prisoner. It would actually explain his acting choices.

Doesn't Patrick think Robin is in Paris "finding herself" / abandoning her family? 

I thought it was interesting that his first thoughts were about Scrubs and he'd love for Patrick to be a single dad. He really doesn't care about Samtrick. Heh.

Dom said some interesting things, as well. How things may be OOC, but it's fun for the actors to play. It seemed like he initially disagreed with the storyline, but it's meaty. He also said he wants Dante to tell Lulu the truth, as opposed to her finding out from someone else.

I think what DZ and ER were probably mostly opposed to is Lulu and Dante being freaking idiots to facilitate the one night stand. They (the writers) should have stolen your idea about Lulu and Dillon playacting as a couple and Dante seeing that.

I think what DZ and ER were probably mostly opposed to is Lulu and Dante being freaking idiots to facilitate the one night stand. They (the writers) should have stolen your idea about Lulu and Dillon playacting as a couple and Dante seeing that.

Right? Yeah, that's exactly what they were saying. And ER was talking about how some things play out slow on the show and then some things are quick. Like, why didn't Dante just wait a sec to talk to Lulu instead of just thinking something was happening. Ha. Dom also said Laura was on Dante's side. LOL.

Doesn't Patrick think Robin is in Paris "finding herself" / abandoning her family?

Yes, but Jason was asking those things as...Jason, lol. As in, he, the actor, doesn't get why Patrick and Robin haven't spoken after the divorce. That's how I saw it, at least.

• Love 2
Apparently RC had planned to drag it out for a year and a half!!!! :(

With Jakeson, Sam, and Monica being the only ones who wouldn't know his true identity, no doubt.

Of course BC cheered; he's been unhappy with Morgan's stories for a while. 

aw, that's cute lol.

Dom is really randomly funny. It was awesome just hearing them say some of our exact same thoughts. They get it.

And none of them badmouthed Ron; they just said they're looking forward to see what changes are made. And JT said some of the best material he got was when it was a collaborative effort between the actors, writers and directors.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

It was nice of them not to badmouth Ron, especially since the Stavros crap was one of Ron's biggest pieces of shit. imo.

Everything that had to do with the Cassadines, Ron completey fucked up. And, random, I get that Sam is supposed to be part of that fam, but it's SO annoying to me every time Nik or Sam say "Cousin" in passing. Sam was just never organically entered in that world for me. It was another "Just go with this!" in GH Land.

Edited by HeatLifer
the Stavros crap was one of Ron's biggest pieces of shit

I think he was trying to turn Stavros into GH's version of Mitch Lawrence, but it was a colossal fail.

it's SO annoying to me every time Nik or Sam say "Cousin" in passing

As with so many other things on this fakakta show, Nik and Sam are cousins only when the plot demands it. Otherwise they may as well be strangers.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

Nikolas and Sam's cousin relationship rings false for me, but I think the problem there actually lies with Guza, that he didn't bother developing it one iota once he revealed Sam to be Alexis' retconned eldest daughter.

On the flip side, I dunno why Ron bothered making Nathan a (fake) Cassadine if he wasn't going to do anything with it.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
I dunno why Ron bothered making Nathan a (fake) Cassadine if he wasn't going to do anything with it.

I'm sure he had something all planned out, but he got canned before he could get to it. Oh, and he was waiting for KMcC to be available.

• Love 9

Yes, Robin is the key to Nathan finding out who his daddy is, of course!

I still don't understand why the show burned through Victor Cassadine so fast.  And I'm still sad he and Obrecht didn't have the most epic (evil) romance of our time.  I was verrry into them.

• Love 8

mild spoilers and speculation from the weekend:

I asked Maurice about the Carson wedding, he implied there won't be one
BC said he doesn't believe Avery is his (Mo agrees), even though he's heard that a lot, but Frank said she's not Morgan's
Chad doesn't think Teresa's pregnancy will be written in (she's already 4-5 months pregnant)
Michael Easton said they shot Silas' murder with several different culprits
I asked if he knew who the killer is and several people shouted "Ron!"
He laughed out loud, but doesn't know who it is
Parry said we find out who Brad's spouse is next week
He wouldn't say if it was a male or female
I asked if it could be Rosalie, and he said he'd heard that from other fans
Ryan C said some of his scenes are being scrapped but that Asian Quarter story is coming up
If I remember any others, I will post them (I'm super tired!)

• Love 2

As it is, I only watch about an hour a week right now.  If Sonny and Carly and their spawn are put back front and center, I won't watch at all.  It wouldn't be that difficult to fix this show, but the people running it don't seem to have a clue how to do it.  Focusing on the Corinthii, putting Rebecca Budig on contract, firing Michael Easton but not Howarth, Stafford, and the young woman who plays Kiki, etc.  

I mean, what the fuck?

• Love 5

Can someone please explain to me why this show is still called General Hospital when almost nothing happens there or involves doctors and all the focus is on a serial killer, corporate espionage and the mob? Did everyone forget what a hospital is?

I was really hoping that the new writers would be aware of this issue and work on course correcting the show and placing a little more focus on the hospital and the doctors (no, Obrecht does not count) but, sadly, it does not seem like that is going to happen.

• Love 2

mild spoilers and speculation from the weekend:

Michael Easton said they shot Silas' murder with several different culprits

I asked if he knew who the killer is and several people shouted "Ron!"

He laughed out loud, but doesn't know who it is

Seriously? He stole from Original Recipe Dallas's Who Shot JR? Because in order to keep it from leaking, they had every character shoot JR.

Can someone please explain to me why this show is still called General Hospital when almost nothing happens there or involves doctors and all the focus is on a serial killer, corporate espionage and the mob? Did everyone forget what a hospital is?

I was really hoping that the new writers would be aware of this issue and work on course correcting the show and placing a little more focus on the hospital and the doctors (no, Obrecht does not count) but, sadly, it does not seem like that is going to happen.

Beats me.The more I hear about how GH is run.I'm beginning to think monkeys would do a better job.If I was in charge first thing I'd be doing would be rebuilding he hospital remeber when characters used to do anything to get on the hospital board ect.

• Love 1

Seriously? He stole from Original Recipe Dallas's Who Shot JR? Because in order to keep it from leaking, they had every character shoot JR.

Except here they got only one take.  In fact, if you wanted to find out if you were the killer, all you had to do was mess up the scene SO horribly that even Frank couldn't let it slide.  If you got that "No, that's good.  We'll fix it in editing" response, you'd know you were safe.

Oh, who am I kidding. No matter HOW bad it was, you were only getting one take.

• Love 3

It sounds a bit like a Clue ripoff - except for the part where NOONE CARES because Silas was irrelevant and there won't be any consequences for the murderer anyway

• Love 1

Except here they got only one take.  In fact, if you wanted to find out if you were the killer, all you had to do was mess up the scene SO horribly that even Frank couldn't let it slide.  If you got that "No, that's good.  We'll fix it in editing" response, you'd know you were safe.

Oh, who am I kidding. No matter HOW bad it was, you were only getting one take.

Hah! True! And Dallas had the hilarious outtakes, where we saw everyone "shooting"  the gun! And that show was sooooooo much superior with its whodunits.

It sounds a bit like a Clue ripoff - except for the part where NOONE CARES because Silas was irrelevant and there won't be any consequences for the murderer anyway

Dallas aired first--in 1980.  And in all the interviews, it was revealed that the writers, producers, etc., etc., had everyone shoot JR.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

Oh c'mon, I'm all for criticizing Ron, but every show doing this type of story would shoot multiple endings.  That's not stealing.

And once again, this problem didn't start with Ron.  And I really do think he made an effort in the beginning to downshift the mob and focus more on the hospital (though, sadly, that focus was Sabrina and Felix).

• Love 6

Name brand.

Oh c'mon, I'm all for criticizing Ron, but every show doing this type of story would shoot multiple endings.  That's not stealing.

And once again, this problem didn't start with Ron.  And I really do think he made an effort in the beginning to downshift the mob and focus more on the hospital (though, sadly, that focus was Sabrina and Felix).

Wellll it did and it didn't. I think Guza brought back a lot of the hospital when Patrick and Robin came aboard/came back, and when Ron came out there was Dr Orange Steve, Matt, Liz, etc etc. There was actually quite a bit time spent at the hospital. I think Ron pulled back from the mob, which is good, and brought his own hospital chracters after canning Matt and Steve and Robin left. but then the hospital focus shifted towards centering about International Criminal Chief of Staff Obrecht and Art Therapist Franco.

But it's a problem that started long before Ron, as you say. 

• Love 1

I think the show's about to swing big time back towards the mob.  I found Ryan Carnes' comment, for example, that some of his scenes were being scrapped, but that he was about to have story with the Asian Quarter mob telling.  I could see it being more Lucas Jones, Mobster's Son/Fiancee of Mobster's Son instead of Lucas Jones, M.D..

Edited by TeeVee329