Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

Fans did not warm up to old Kiki either - because Kiki is a terrible, terrible character

Seriously, the problem isn't that Hayley Erin is tall, it's that Kiki is a useless shell of a character.

Why are they now looking at Avery's kidnapping? She was kidnapped months ago. Is Ron trying to insinuate it wasn't Silas that kidnapped her?

Because Nathan told Jordan about the baby blanket in Nina's possession, reopening the case.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

They can always make another doctor. Morgan needs to move on from bartending eventually, right? ;)

I suppose he could move on from bartending himself drinks. :)

It has possibilities, though. Can you imagine the look on Sonny's face if Morgan was 'the doctor' who was going to operate on him?

I don't feel bad for her at all. She claims to love her daughter Kiki but she continues sleeping with Morgan and lying to her about actually being her mother. Because telling the truth would be inconvenient to Ava. When Silas told her that he was going to tell Kiki the truth, her main concern was that she would be exposed and sent to prison. Not because she would be unable to see either of her daughters but because she would be sent to prison where she belongs. Silas is right. Ava is sociopath who never gave a damn about her.

This.  If she stuck to a bare minimum of not screwing her daughter's boyfriend, I could give her the benefit of the doubt on that whole keeping her identity secret because she doesn't want to go back to prison thing.  But when you add that she seems to be screwing Kiki's boyfriend about 10 times a day now, and she won't let her daughter know that her mother isn't really dead, it's the makings of a shitty, awful person.  

• Love 6

I think I'm starting to hate PodPatrick more than PatPrick. If this were Robin, Patrick eviscerate her, shame her and then cheat on her. Patrick was jealous pissed over Robin's relationship with Stone who had been dead over a decade. Yet, he sits and allows Sam to drone on about St. Jasus and Jakeson while smiling.

I swear I might break my TV the next time he's pissy or snide about Robin being in Paris.

My favorite is when Robin was practically begging him to go to Jason and Sam's wedding and told him about how Jason saved her life and he was basically like, "Um, that was a long time ago!" If only Fair Samantha knew!

• Love 1

Jordan investigates Avery's kidnapping

Jake/Sam wonder how much they can truat Liz

Why are people still investigating what happened to that damn baby? Avery was missing for a day and then returned safe and sound so how about we move on to some new topics. 

Please please please let Jakeson begin to doubt Liez. This would be so funny to me. 

• Love 1

My favorite is when Robin was practically begging him to go to Jason and Sam's wedding and told him about how Jason saved her life and he was basically like, "Um, that was a long time ago!" If only Fair Samantha knew!

Still say it's on Sam. She does know the history. But with that said, I do hope Patrick gets his personality back and the pod dies.

• Love 4
They can always make another doctor. Morgan needs to move on from bartending eventually, right? ;)

I instantly had an image of Morgan smarming, "You can call me Dr. Love." That's as close as he'll ever get.

Why are they now looking at Avery's kidnapping? She was kidnapped months ago. Is Ron trying to insinuate it wasn't Silas that kidnapped her?

Nathan found that blanket in Nina and Ric's hotel room. I guess the case was never closed, but it's not as if anyone is clamoring to find out what happened.

"A brain is not a foot, mmm'kay".

"Wait, what?! I don't understand."

• Love 1

Still say it's on Sam. She does know the history. But with that said, I do hope Patrick gets his personality back and the pod dies.

But he doesn't show that side of his personality for Sam to react or not react to it. I have no idea what Sam would do if Patrick ever spoke to her like he's spoken to Robin in the past. That's why I'm really interested to see how this new spoiler will play out. Will Patrick get to be angry that she kept a secret? Will they actually get in a fight? Or will he just say, "Oh. That's not nice that you kept that from me. Let's screw!"

"That's a good question, actually. I just remembered this, but Lynn had a very brief stint on ATWT* during the last year or so of that show (and she got to work with Stuart Damon again, too!), when Jean would have been there, so it's possible it might continue.

*I want to say there was a meta "I know you" scene between her and Jon that I saw on YT once, but I can't remember.

ETA: Kin was on ATWT at one point, too. He may have been in on a meta scene like that himself."

A little deja vu. The final years at ATWT were something of a full-employment program for ABC actors in general, and GH in particular, which fans really did not appreciate. Nothing against the actors, but just as GH fans resent the time given to the OLTL characters, there were characters ATWT fans would have preferred come back.

Exactly. Plus anyone BUT Ro Ho playing Paul Ryan. That made me shut off the show I watched for 35 YEARS. WHAT A WASTE.

"That's a good question, actually. I just remembered this, but Lynn had a very brief stint on ATWT* during the last year or so of that show (and she got to work with Stuart Damon again, too!), when Jean would have been there, so it's possible it might continue.

*I want to say there was a meta "I know you" scene between her and Jon that I saw on YT once, but I can't remember.

ETA: Kin was on ATWT at one point, too. He may have been in on a meta scene like that himself."

A little deja vu. The final years at ATWT were something of a full-employment program for ABC actors in general, and GH in particular, which fans really did not appreciate. Nothing against the actors, but just as GH fans resent the time given to the OLTL characters, there were characters ATWT fans would have preferred come back.

Exactly. Plus anyone BUT Ro Ho playing Paul Ryan. That made me shut off the show I watched for 35 YEARS. WHAT A WASTE.
But he doesn't show that side of his personality for Sam to react or not react to it.

They have lived in the same town for close to a decade. She has seen it. It shouldn't be any huge shock to her. Or she wouldn't have been screaming at Patrick like a banshee right after Robin "died".

Sorry, I know Sam's brain power isn't optimal, but I'll never believe, living in the same town, she has never known about Patrick's anti-Borg stance prior to her involvement with Patrick. He does have many shortcomings but it's not his responsibility to remind Sam of his obvious disdain of Jason.

• Love 2

They have lived in the same town for close to a decade. She has seen it. It shouldn't be any huge shock to her. Or she wouldn't have been screaming at Patrick like a banshee right after Robin "died".

Sorry, I know Sam's brain power isn't optimal, but I'll never believe, living in the same town, she has never known about Patrick's anti-Borg stance prior to her involvement with Patrick. He does have many shortcomings but it's not his responsibility to remind Sam of his obvious disdain of Jason.

But that's not what I'm saying. My point was not about whether or not Sam knows how Patrick felt in the past. It's the fact that Patrick treats Sam like a queen and listens to her Jason sob stories without a peep. I'm pointing out the nastiness he displayed with Robin and the ass-kissing he shows with Sam. Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

But that's not what I'm saying. My point was not about whether or not Sam knows how Patrick felt in the past. It's the fact that Patrick treats Sam like a queen and listens to her Jason sob stories without a peep. I'm pointing out the nastiness he displayed with Robin and the ass-kissing he shows with Sam.

Well, yeah. But that's because Sam is having sex with a piece of cardboard. So I don't even count it at this point. Patrick Drake the character died not long after the tie scene in 2012. Missing posters should be going up saying, "Have you seen Patrick Drake's balls, spine, and snark?" The only thing Sam and Robin have in common in terms of Patrick is both the pod and the real Patrick are played by Jason Thompson.

He was as faceless and bland with Sabrina, too. RC clearly gave no fucks about the character.

• Love 2

Well, yeah. But that's because Sam is having sex with a piece of cardboard. So I don't even count it at this point. Patrick Drake the character died not long after the tie scene in 2012. Missing posters should be going up saying, "Have you seen Patrick Drake's balls, spine, and snark?" The only thing Sam and Robin have in common in terms of Patrick is both the pod and the real Patrick are played by Jason Thompson.

He was as faceless and bland with Sabrina, too. RC clearly gave no fucks about the character.

Actually, the real Patrick Drake made a very brief appearance in 2013, when Robin told him that Jason might still be alive, and that she had to leave to save him. He was NOT happy about that. And let Robin know in no uncertain terms. Then Victor intruded and basically told them that Robin didn't have a choice, and Patrick threatened to kill Victor if anything happened to Robin. Then, when she left, so did the real Patrick Drake.

• Love 9
The only thing Sam and Robin have in common in terms of Patrick is both the pod and the real Patrick are played by Jason Thompson.

If only Jason Thompson worked more on his abs. Then he'd get a POV.

• Love 4

Stick a damn fork in this show.  My friend and I were talking about whether JP would be any better, and we both had concern that JP would turn GH into the Greenlee and Dixie show.  True enough, between Buding being put on long-term contract and this, if it turns out to be true:

GH is casting Jenny Eckert with a very well known soap actress
Clues: she's from AMC and ATWT
Close to inking a deal
Who is it?
Cady McClain aka Dixie on AMC!

http://boards.soapcentral.com/showthread.php?1012438-Casting-RUMOR-Another-big-soap-star!

there's no hope at all.

Look, the only reason I watch this show is for a female character over the age of 40, but just how many women over 40 is this show going to have on contract?!  It's time to pick the winners and losers and thin the herd. Stafford has got to be at the top of the list of people to cut.  

Edited by Francie
  • Love 1

This.  If she stuck to a bare minimum of not screwing her daughter's boyfriend, I could give her the benefit of the doubt on that whole keeping her identity secret because she doesn't want to go back to prison thing.  But when you add that she seems to be screwing Kiki's boyfriend about 10 times a day now, and she won't let her daughter know that her mother isn't really dead, it's the makings of a shitty, awful person.

Since GH Law states that Sonny Corinthos pays for no crime, then I lay blame at Ava's feet. She could have teamed up with AJ and made another Quartermaine, but she made terrible choices. And I'm out of excuses for her. She can take her wig and go.

• Love 1

Close to inking a deal

Who is it?

I...don't hate this.  I wasn't watching ABC AMC during her heavier stints, but I liked her a lot on the PP AMC.  And Jenny's a character that's tied in enough, but a blank slate enough to work.  And it would create more story for Tracy and Richard Burgi, which I am fine just fine with.

But, as Francie said, that age bracket is bursting.  And bringing her in instead of, for example, locking down Genie Francis would be a huuuge mistake.

• Love 1

I love Cady, and she'd be a fine recast of that character. But there's absolutely no need for either Cady or Jenny Eckert to be here. Plus, her recent stint as Kelly on Y&R was downright embarrassing, with all the bad habits she's picked up in the last few years (she was mostly fine on AMC in 2011-2013, mind you), and I can't see this team doing her any favors.

Look, the only reason I watch this show is for a female character over the age of 40, but just how many women over 40 is this show going to have on contract?!  It's time to pick the winners and losers and thin the herd. Stafford has got to be at the top of the list of people to cut.  

I am starting to wonder if Frank is seriously prepared to go to the wall for Howarth and Stafford. I don't think so, but I've begun to wonder, especially since they are apparently going through with putting fuckin' Budig on contract despite the recent catastrophes. I can't see how anyone can justify pushing another non-GH star, let alone Rebecca Budig's pointless character, after the last 13+ weeks.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

Definitely an overload in this female age category. It would be one thing if they were driving the story, but they aren't. I am going to keep a slightly open mind though due to the fact that when MW was cast, I said that I hadn't seen her previous work and she better be worth it. I fell in love with her. Doubt it would happen again, but just in case.

I fear that this is going to keep happening with FV at the helm. He has no one to reign him in, does he? It's like he literally gets to do whatever he wants.

• Love 2

But hey, if she does join the show, maybe hubbie Jon Lindstrom will drive her to work and Kevin could accidentally stumble into a scene!

I assume they'll stop him at the gate with tasers.

• Love 9

Stick a damn fork in this show.  My friend and I were talking about whether JP would be any better, and we both had concern that JP would turn GH into the Greenlee and Dixie show.  True enough, between Buding being put on long-term contract and this, if it turns out to be true:

Close to inking a deal

Who is it?

http://boards.soapcentral.com/showthread.php?1012438-Casting-RUMOR-Another-big-soap-star!

there's no hope at all.

That rumor originated over at Daytime Dish. Someone wrote the first part "this close to inking a deal" and someone guessed Cady McClain. I mean it's very likely, but no where near substantiated.

We don't need any more characters, whether they have a history or are new. The cast is way too large the way it is. Frank needs to be ruthless and start cutting people. He did it elsewhere with the budget; why can't he do it with the cast?

• Love 8

We don't need any more characters, whether they have a history or are new. The cast is way too large the way it is. Frank needs to be ruthless and start cutting people. He did it elsewhere with the budget; why can't he do it with the cast?

Not only is the cast large, there are core characters without storylines or POV. IMO, it's time for a culling of none core characters, first. Second, give the cores decent stories and POV. After that is complete, think about adding characters with history. Adding randoms would be the last thing I would add to this show.

14 weeks of low ratings, numerous ongoing never ending stories, all the freaking people in the cast yet you have time to add characters and start new story lines.

GH is in deep shit.

• Love 9

Not only is the cast large, there are core characters without storylines or POV. IMO, it's time for a culling of none core characters, first. Second, give the cores decent stories and POV. After that is complete, think about adding characters with history. Adding randoms would be the last thing I would add to this show.

14 weeks of low ratings, numerous ongoing never ending stories, all the freaking people in the cast yet you have time to add characters and start new story lines.

GH is in deep shit.

the sad thing is they did have core characters/non-new people featured for most of the month of July - it was just the stories were so shit that it didn't matter.

Genie Francis (Laura Spencer) – 15

Emme Rylan (Lulu Falconeri) – 15

Anthony Geary (Luke Spencer-14/Tim Spencer-1) – 14

Dominic Zamprogna (Dante Falconeri) – 14

Roger Howarth (Robert “Franco” Frank) – 13

Billy Miller (Jason Morgan) – 13

Brytni Sarpy (Valerie Spencer) – 13

Maura West (Ava Jerome) – 13

Bryan Craig (Morgan Corinthos) – 12

Rebecca Herbst (Elizabeth Webber) – 12

Robert Palmer Watkins (Dillon Quartermaine) – 12

They'll probably take it as a sign that no one wants to see Luke and Laura after all, and not take into consideration the fact that Luke's exit story was designed around trying not to give Tony Geary too many Luke and Laura cooties, Lulu and Dante completely lost their brains, and Nik and Liz completely lost their sanity. 

• Love 6

Stick a damn fork in this show. My friend and I were talking about whether JP would be any better, and we both had concern that JP would turn GH into the Greenlee and Dixie show. True enough, between Buding being put on long-term contract and this, if it turns out to be true:

Close to inking a deal

Who is it?

there's no hope at all.

Look, the only reason I watch this show is for a female character over the age of 40, but just how many women over 40 is this show going to have on contract?! It's time to pick the winners and losers and thin the herd. Stafford has got to be at the top of the list of people to cut.

Cady Mc Clain comes on this show its ByE bye for me. never could stand that actress at all. Not one itty little bit. Edited by OnceSane
fixed quote tags

I think the scariest thing for me about the Cady McClain rumor is that there may be some validity to the rumor that the network might be considering Michael E Knight for a recast Ned. Awful choice, if so-talk about miscast.  I'd love to see Ned back, but they've got to cut the fat and restructure how they tell stories, first. I don't understand why ANY recurring characters are getting significant airtime or their own stories, when some contract actors can't get one day a month. I realize that method may be cheaper storytelling in theory, but when you consider you're paying contract actors to go home and knit, you're wasting your money, period.

I have nothing against CMc, but bringing on new people until significant changes are made is just suicide at this point. And I don't believe bringing her on-I'm still going to hope it's a bad rumor-is going to give JE any more airtime or POV. Maybe for five minutes, but my grievance would be that it should be JE and not CMc who will get the consideration, story and airtime, and I don't think it's going to happen that way.

But then, I'm back to not watching as nothing I'm hearing is interesting me at all.  So it's not a loss on my part. 

• Love 2

Doesn't Michael Knight have a weight problem?  No way Uncle Frank hires a fat person!

I liked Cady as Rosanna on ATWT, and at least Jenny is an existing and not a mobster or serial killer or nutjob, but still enough with the newbies.  If a woman of a certain age is going to be put on contract it should be Genie or Kristina or Jackie or Lynn.

• Love 3

I think the scariest thing for me about the Cady McClain rumor is that there may be some validity to the rumor that the network might be considering Michael E Knight for a recast Ned. Awful choice, if so-talk about miscast.

Michael E. Knight as Ned?  I cannot see that at all, that would be a major miscast.

It's just...does this actually work anymore, bringing in a Soap Name from another soap?

Doesn't Michael Knight have a weight problem?  No way Uncle Frank hires a fat person!

I liked Cady as Rosanna on ATWT, and at least Jenny is an existing and not a mobster or serial killer or nutjob, but still enough with the newbies.  If a woman of a certain age is going to be put on contract it should be Genie or Kristina or Jackie or Lynn.

I think Jenny is going to come back a schemer, just based on the conversations between Paul and Tracy about her. Which is okay I guess, anything to give her a personality. I'm just hoping the whole thing is hot air. Or that she's a REAL short stint/guest spot. I think less is more in terms of these rumored returns, and the contract cast is large enough already.

Thank goodness, for instance, that LA is only coming back for the S/C wedding. Maybe they are learning something, after all.

Michael E. Knight as Ned?  I cannot see that at all, that would be a major miscast.

It's just...does this actually work anymore, bringing in a Soap Name from another soap?

I'm not sure it ever really worked. Perhaps short term, some people might tune into some shows to see how they are using a certain actor, but IMO that kind of thing by itself never does much, ratings wise. The only thing that's going to help GH now, is a better EP, better storytelling, and cutting some actors.

It sucks that some people are going to have to lose their jobs to save this show.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2

I think the scariest thing for me about the Cady McClain rumor is that there may be some validity to the rumor that the network might be considering Michael E Knight for a recast Ned.

See, my potential rage black out caused me to accidently double post.

I'm sorry but did anyone see Michael E. Knight at the end of AMC? He's the Lindsey Graham of daytime.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 2

I think the scariest thing for me about the Cady McClain rumor is that there may be some validity to the rumor that the network might be considering Michael E Knight for a recast Ned.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will have a dubbel zout black out rage if they cast Cady and Michael on GH.

Fuckin'. Black. Out. Rage.

• Love 3

I'm sorry but did anyone see Michael E. Knight at the end of AMC? He's the Lindsey Graham of daytime.

Straight to hell! I shouldn't laugh. I was happy to see the poor guy on his way back at the end of AMC 2.0, but he needs a long rest.

A sudden rumor about MEK and Cady McClain somehow being re-teamed as Ned and Jenny on GH seems extremely far-fetched and awfully convenient to me. Like their old fanbase fucking around. One I could buy as a terrible idea, two seems like fans at work.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

Straight to hell! I shouldn't laugh. I was happy to see the poor guy on his way back at the end of AMC 2.0, but he needs a long rest.

A sudden rumor about MEK and Cady McClain somehow being re-teamed as Ned and Jenny on GH seems extremely far-fetched and awfully convenient to me. Like their old fanbase fucking around. One I could buy as a terrible idea, two seems like fans at work.

You think you're going to hell?  I'm going to be stuck in the level where I'm put in a room with WDV for all eternity.

I better enjoy life while it lasts now.

• Love 3

You think you're going to hell?  I'm going to be stuck in the level where I'm put in a room with WDV for all eternity.

Use the mirrors, it's the only way to contain him!

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 8

I had to lose AJ for what? Dikolas banging Greenlee? Liz banging Jason? Sam banging Patrick? Sonny banging Ava? A Wig banging Morgan? Kiki? Stupid Kiki?

Michael turning on Sonny and Carly and gaining custody of baby A....

Never mind.

Edited by yowsah1

Shut the fuck up.  Jenny fucking Eckert??!!!

Of all the useless, pointless characters to bring back ...  if they go and do this, and still don't fix the Robin situation, or give GF a contract, or kill off Franco, or fix Anna's character or do the eleventy million other things they need to do to fix GH that should be a way higher priority than making sure Cady McClain is employed (sorry, nothing against her, but enough with employing actors from every other defunct soap known to man) ...  GAAAAAAH!

Yeah, no, I think this show actually is committing suicide.

• Love 5
Nothing against the actors, but just as GH fans resent the time given to the OLTL characters

We resent RC/FV too!  The hospital staff of a show called General HOSPITAL consists of one doctor and one nurse who do nothing but mention the sainted hit man every other sentence.  Yeah, occasionally we get Lucas stories for a week or so but then more of Dr. O - to rub it in.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 3