Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

Several of those are very good actors, but none of them will be caught dead doing daytime television.

I think the best choice for Cameron remains Joey Luthman, who played young Luke in this year's flashback episode.

• Love 6

At this point, though, I think it would be fine. Becky's oldest son will be 14 this Halloween; he IS a teenager, and her daughter isn't that far behind either (she's 11). Do I think Becky looks like she'll be 40 in two years? (She was born on May 12th, 1977.) Hell no. But I do think she looks reasonably old enough where Cam being a teenager wouldn't seem so strange anymore. 

I have been arguing since Haley Pullos was cast, that Liz should have her son aged up to the same age, hence why I want Spencer List, who is in his mid teens. Someone like Munro Chambers is way too old to play Cam, as he is a young adult. He is in between Chad Duell and Bryan Craig in age. 

I have been arguing since Haley Pullos was cast, that Liz should have her son aged up to the same age, hence why I want Spencer List, who is in his mid teens. Someone like Munro Chambers is way too old to play Cam, as he is a young adult. He is in between Chad Duell and Bryan Craig in age. 

If Cam ever does catch up, I want him to be as messed up as bio daddy Zander, considering Liz's issues.

When I go back and watch old episodes, GF looked pretty young too and they stuck her with TC. I think as long as they don't give her some 6 foot beefcake for a son, I think they can get away with a teen for Liz.

• Love 6
(edited)

I think, at this point, the issue is more that Ron has his kiddie quad, and he'd have to age them at the same rate.  And there's no way in hell he's going to age up Spencer.  You'll pry NB from Ron's cold, dead hands. 

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 5
I think, at this point, the issue is more that Ron has his kiddie quad, and he'd have to age them at the same rate.  And there's no way in hell he's going to age up Spencer.

Ron seems to have lost interest in his kiddie quad, thank Jasus. It's been months since we've seen the four kids together, and lately Spencer has been haranguing Nik for bad business dealings.

• Love 2

They need to suck it up and age these kids.  They are doing NOTHING with the teen set right now, because it only includes Molly and TJ.  They definitely need to age up Cam, Spencer and Joss I guess and include them in the teen stuff.

• Love 5

I once thought Ron and Frank would never age up Jack, their proto-Spencer (albeit less annoying) at OLTL, but when it came time for a teen story they cut that wisecracking kid and hired a twink without hesitation. I can see it potentially happening here, but I also think it's pretty unlikely. Unlike that kid, Nicolas Bechtel appears to be their new Kristen Alderson; they've gone all in on him, and Uncle Frank's Vimeo account from the set is practically a devotional testimony to NB. But it's always possible that the network has asked them to cut the shit with the kids - there's been a lot less of them, and Spencer has been toned down nicely - who knows.

That being said, I don't care about the discrepancy with the kids anymore, I'd age up Cameron anyway. Let weird little Jake float in that kiddie sphere, he's more interesting than that wooden puppet kid they have as Cam.

• Love 2

When I go back and watch old episodes, GF looked pretty young too and they stuck her with TC. I think as long as they don't give her some 6 foot beefcake for a son, I think they can get away with a teen for Liz.

I was first exposed to Luke & Laura when they came back in '93 and I always thought Genie was so much older than she actually was. Seeing those episodes/clips now, its amazing to see how young she looks in the face compared to how matronly she was styled.

And in all fairness TCh looked much younger than his age during his 90's stint.

As for the current kids and their ages relative to their ages, they should just age Cam & Joss up to teens and replace the actors with the young Luke & young Patricia actors. Danny can be aged up into the Emma/Spencer group, and if Ron wants a fourth kid then bring in Lila Rae. A simple line from Michael or Tracy that an off-screen Skye sent her to live with an off-screen Monica is all that is needed to explain her presence in Port Charles.

That being said, I don't care about the discrepancy with the kids anymore, I'd age up Cameron anyway. Let weird little Jake float in that kiddie sphere, he's more interesting than that wooden puppet kid they have as Cam.

Kids' ages get so messed up with SORASing that it wouldn't bother me if Cam got aged up. Jake won't fit in anywhere for a while anyway.

When I think of Aged Cameron, in my mind, I kinda see Eli Goldsworthy from Degrassi (the character that Munro Chambers played). I don't see Captain of the Football Team, Juvenile Delinquent. I see a kid with parents who love him, but has had to grow up due to significant loss, etc in his young life. (Eli had his first girlfriend die in front of him and he found a student who killed himself.) I picture Cameron as more mature than Emma, Joss, Spencer. He's probably been the only constant in Liz and Aiden's life. Plus, he lost then got a brother back. His birth father is dead and every other father has left him. That's got to screw up a kid, but he has to keep it together.

Cameron is the more interesting character if they go with talent and the obvious story.

Spencer is just another soap poor little rich kid. Emma is a Mary Sue. Joss is Carly Jr.

• Love 3

Cameron is the more interesting character if they go with talent and the obvious story.

Spencer is just another soap poor little rich kid. Emma is a Mary Sue. Joss is Carly Jr.

I liked the last Joss, with her Franco hating.  I do look forward to her making Carly's life a misery once she's a teenager, though.

• Love 6

He of the dubious reputation, HNY, says that Nikolas knows all Helena's secrets, including the Lulu/Stavros embryo. I know Nik is Evil now, but Evil would still get grossed out by that and throw it away.

• Love 8
(edited)

If they're going to make Nik OMG TEH EVUL, they might as well go all in. It doesn't make sense to me to pick and choose what he knows, because it's all gross. It's not going to make him look any better to say, "At least I didn't know about the embryo!"

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

The embryo should be the one thing Helena has done (if it does exist) that is too far for Nik. Yeah, he's doing a lot of awful shit, but being cool with his grandmother and father assaulting his little sister in that manner is just a whole other level. 

• Love 5

So I'm hearing that they're killing off Ava and Ric. If this is true, I am DONE. Not to mention it would be extremely stupid to do it after the first two tries didn't take.

My blood pressure seriously cannot handle this.

• Love 2

Thanks ulkis

Ugh, Nikolas' transformation was less a "journey" and more "a switch flipping in between scenes".  And would Stefan really keep something like the Stavros/Lulu embryo from Alexis?  Doubtful.

• Love 5

I imagine killing off another long-term, pre-Cartini character in Ric would be about as popular with the audience as killing off Duke and AJ was.  Yet Franco will always, always live another day to make stupid faces and chew other people's gum.

(Yeah, yeah, I know, "IN YOUR FACE, PROSPECT PARK!")

• Love 7
(edited)

And so Ron continues to waste MW's talent by giving her this farce. It's such an insult. Fuck off and die, asshole.

Hope the entire show gets cancelled.

Edited by tvgoddess

For some reason I don't believe it about Ric, but I guess we'll see.

I don't mind the Tree actually. Sure he sucks at acting but at least he isnt shoved down my throat like Ava/Franco/Nina are.

Well no, not anymore, but that's because they realized he wasn't exactly setting the world on fire. And beyond his chest, I don't think RC or FV are all that interested in him. He probably costs the show two skittles and a five cents, but he's dead weight. imo, but of course.

• Love 3

Ava should have been killed off before Denise, or not even need this Denise plot at all. Why is it horrible crime she murdered Connie but Sonny's walking around free and clear for murdering AJ? 

Ava should have been killed off before Denise, or not even need this Denise plot at all. Why is it horrible crime she murdered Connie but Sonny's walking around free and clear for murdering AJ?

You silly.  Why even ask that?  AJ was fat of course. 

• Love 10

I agree that the Tree is dead weight. I would just rid of more characters before him. He seems just there now. Same with Maxie, they don't do anything with her or Tree besides the Lante drama.

To be fair, we could have easily said vice-versa only back in March. I suspect when Lante are done with their drama, or their drama is backburnered for a bit, whichever, Naxie will come back into prominence. 

I would definitely get rid of a few characters before him, agreed.

They definitely seem to have lost interest in Nathan, which is why I assume his paternity story never happened.

Yeah . . . but even if they don't go looking for his real dad, then they have to come by and have someone say, "oh, he's not really a Cassadine, by the way". Or maybe they don't. Whatevs!

• Love 1
(edited)

That's another thing Nikolas knows and isn't sharing, Nathan not being a Cassadine.  But again, the show hasn't bothered mixing Nathan in with them at all.  The only time I remember is when Nathan played the Cassadine card (and invoked her dead sister, a move I hated) to get Alexis to represent Nina.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
(edited)

That's another thing Nikolas knows and isn't sharing, Nathan not being a Cassadine.  But again, the show hasn't bothered mixing Nathan in with them at all.  The only time I remember is when Nathan played the Cassadine card (and invoked her dead sister, a move I hated) to get Alexis to represent Nina.

Oh, right. So many sekrits Nik knows.

funnily enough, a spoiler about Naxie from SID:

Madeline decides she does NOT like Maxie with her son, Nathan, and makes a move.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

So I'm hearing that they're killing off Ava and Ric. If this is true, I am DONE. Not to mention it would be extremely stupid to do it after the first two tries didn't take.

My blood pressure seriously cannot handle this.

I don't understand what "killing off" means? You mean they're taking an extended break and then "Helena" and then they're back by mid-next year?

• Love 10
(edited)

They definitely seem to have lost interest in Nathan, which is why I assume his paternity story never happened.

He was on vacation (and got hurt, so his return could be delayed and or have to be written in) and with Maxie leaving town, seems like they wrote her out for KS's time off as well.  She's gone to Canada with BB for something he's filming.

Edited by Artsda

I think Nathan is useful in a supporting role—Jasus knows, Dante needs to confide in someone other than his dumbass brothers and father. And I like the professional partnership they have, even though the PCPD is the most inept force on the planet. His family stuff is terrible, though—underwritten, uninteresting, and unnecessary. I haven't said this in a while, so I'll say it now: NOT EVERYONE HAS TO BE RELATED. It doesn't make a character a part of the canvas. Interacting with people does. Seeing a relationship develop onscreen does. Ron goes to the trouble of bringing on all these related people and never writing scenes for them together.

• Love 9

He was on vacation (and got hurt, so his return could be delayed and or have to be written in) and with Maxie leaving town, seems like they wrote her out for KS's time off as well.  She's gone to Canada with BB for something he's filming.

That Nathan's not a Cassadine has been in play since last September.  If Ron was interested, he would have done something with it by now.

That Nathan's not a Cassadine has been in play since last September.  If Ron was interested, he would have done something with it by now.

Nah, he'll probably get around to it eventually, even if Nathan is felled right after. Dante dropped those "I WILL NEVER EVER EVER CHEAT EVER" anvils over a year ago, Jason still doesn't know who he is, it took Ric over a year to show up after they started dropping his name, Sabrina disappeared for months before Ron started her in on Michael . . . the canvas is just so bloated it takes forever to get around to stuff.

• Love 2

I'm all for creation of a new thread:

How would you kill off Franco?

Franco's already got his own thread somewhere (subtitled "Port Charles' Toxic Waste Dump"), so we could bump it (and alter the title as needed).

I'm all for creation of a new thread:

How would you kill off Franco?

Ric and Maddy plan to poison Nina but Franco gets the poison by mistake and dies. Ric and Maddy get life in prison for premeditaded murder. Nina has a complete mental break from reality over losing Franco, who she still loved, and by the betrayal of Ric and Maddy and goes on to kill Kiki, Ava, and Silas before she is caught and sent to the same nuthouse as Heather.

:prays:

• Love 4
(edited)

I think they can and would kill Ava and Ric if pushed. I suspect they will blame Maura West for the ratings, and it's not her, it's the story she's in which is unbearable. That being said, while I think losing Ava would be a waste she has had a good run. I also think these guys have proven with A.J. (and other characters in the past) that they will cut off their nose to spite their face, and would not be averse to offing Ric once and for all. Neither of which would break the show for me, but it's easier to just send Ric packing again and keep Ava or, if you absolutely must, write her out.

What's really frustrating is the chapter and verse of what we already know, namely how much Tony Geary has worked to prevent one of the few things I can wholly credit Ron for pushing at this point - a real reunion for Luke and Laura.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6

I think they can and would kill Ava and Ric if pushed. I suspect they will blame Maura West for the ratings, and it's not her, it's the story she's in which is unbearable. That being said, while I think losing Ava would be a waste she has had a good run. I also think these guys have proven with A.J. (and other characters in the past) that they will cut off their nose to spite their face, and would not be averse to offing Ric once and for all. Neither of which would break the show for me, but it's easier to just send Ric packing again and keep Ava or, if you absolutely must, write her out.

What's really frustrating is the chapter and verse of what we already know, namely how much Tony Geary has worked to prevent one of the few things I can wholly credit Ron for pushing at this point - a real reunion for Luke and Laura.

My major problem with Ava is the people to whom she is tied on canvas:  Franco, Silas, Kiki, Julian, Morgan, Roxy (sorry, but they write Delia as Roxy so they can get the same kicks and jollies they got on OLTL). 

• Love 4