Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

will a phantom haunt the Nurses Ball this year?

Oh good Lord. Didn't we post and tweet enough about this plot point to get Ron to change course?!!  Ulkis, couldn't you have been more vociferous about figuring this out?

• Love 2

Wait, this is Courtney and not Spencer performing a number from Phantom? Because I can't lie, a secret part of me wants it. Insiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide my mind doo deet da.

Yeah, I've gone crazy everyone. Crazier. Sorry!

• Love 6
Ugh. More music? But Kristen Alderson left and she took the music with her?! And Micheal hates everyone, so he's not awkward stripping this year. It's going to be Spencer, Spencer, Dr. O, then random guys we rarely see, Spencer, SWSNBN, WE NEVER CARED, DIE FRANCO FUCK, Greenlee, Billy Miller questions his life choices, then more Spencer.

They're be Spencer and the Phantom theme;

shenanigans with Anna, Duke and Lucy and one last tango;

Emma;

Spinelli;

Girl group lip synching;

Dr. O;

More Spencer and an appearance by SWMBN;

Nancy Lee Grahn's daughter;

Jason reveal;

Bloodshed; and

Magic Milo.

And as horrible as this will sound, #sorrynotsorry, is Richard Simmons still hiding out in his house and not revealing himself to the public?  Is it wrong that I'm hoping that he is?  Don't. answer. that.

Though, I could get behind a nurses ball that involved a free form poetry reading by Carlos, complete with bongo playing, and an interpretive dance.

Just sayin'

Edited to say

Ooops, I forgot about Eddie Maine. I should've caught that he'd be a part of this too.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 6

Give me all the red wine you've got, guys. If I actually manage to get off the barge for the NB, I'm going to need it. I'll be going full-on lush for this shit. 

• Love 4

Wait, this is Courtney and not Spencer performing a number from Phantom? Because I can't lie, a secret part of me wants it. Insiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide my mind doo deet da.

Yeah, I've gone crazy everyone. Crazier. Sorry!

Oh please.  Like Spencer won't have 2 separate numbers, just like Dr. O had 2 number last year.

There's room for both, Ulkis, sadly, there's room for both.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 2

Give me all the red wine you've got, guys. If I actually manage to get off the barge for the NB, I'm going to need it. I'll be going full-on lush for this shit. 

Oh, man.  You are brave.  I wouldn't even attempt such a thing, myself -- I like having a functioning liver.  And I would have to seriously drink to watch a Nurses Ball written by the current crop of maniacs ... er, writers.  

I almost never drink, so yeah, I get you on the functioning liver thing. But morbid curiosity might still take out any willpower I have to avoid this. And then the wine will be all I have left. 

• Love 1

Sweetie, you're gonna need something stronger than wine.

May I introduce you to jägermeister?

• Love 6

Literally the only alcohol I've ever tried that I've ever been able to stand is red wine, and I haven't tried much. 

I honestly think I'm too much of a stickler for taste to let myself power through something just to get drunk and forget the pain of anything, even GH.

Oh well. I'll stay on the barge then, probably. I haven't even watched the anniversary episode, and I've been meaning to, too. 

I haven't even watched the anniversary episode, and I've been meaning to, too. 

I only made it 10 minutes in.  The one note, cheap dime store copy of Archie Bunker turned me off. I remember thinking that's exactly what Tim Spencer was.

Then I read an interview, where Ron bragged about how Luke's father was so much like Archie Bunker.  "Oh Brother," I thought to myself, as I was never so glad I turned it off.

The kids were supposedly good.  E.T.'s mom more than adequate. And Laura Wright had '50s hair. That's all that happened. YMMV.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 2

I think you're selling the anniversary episode short, Francie. TG as Tim Spencer was terrible, but the other performances were really good. From a production standpoint, it was also very good (for a change).

Give it a chance, UYI. I think you'll like it.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 9

Since I was lucky enough not to be around during SWSNBN's reign, I'm going to be tuning in out of morbid curiosity as well. Hell, since I have no feelings about her whatsoever, I could have volunteered to take one for the entire team here and be the only one to watch. The Spencer part of it is what is making it awful for me. And how much longer is he going to be in that ridiculous mask? I know in the storyline, he needs it for protection, but I'd rather see him bandaged up than this cheesefest. Bring on the wine, let's make it a party for those of us watching.

Jason to be revealed, huh? It's about damn time.

• Love 2

Since I was lucky enough not to be around during SWSNBN's reign, I'm going to be tuning in out of morbid curiosity as well. Hell, since I have no feelings about her whatsoever, I could have volunteered to take one for the entire team here and be the only one to watch. The Spencer part of it is what is making it awful for me. And how much longer is he going to be in that ridiculous mask? I know in the storyline, he needs it for protection, but I'd rather see him bandaged up than this cheesefest. Bring on the wine, let's make it a party for those of us watching.

Jason to be revealed, huh? It's about damn time.

I had a friend who dared me to watch the Courtney ground hog episode.  I didn't speak to her for a week afterwards without giving her grief about it. 

Such a cruel, cruel, cruel thing to do to a friend.  Hell, to anybody.

• Love 5

I had a friend who dared me to watch the Courtney ground hog episode.  I didn't speak to her for a week afterwards without giving her grief about it. 

Such a cruel, cruel, cruel thing to do to a friend.  Hell, to anybody.

Okay, because I'm curious...ground hog episode? What happened there? 

• Love 1

Okay, because I'm curious...ground hog episode? What happened there? 

It was a day told entirely from Courtney's perspective. All I remember is that her story started over 3 or 4 times in the show. Either 4 times, once every 15 minutes or 3 times once every 20. I forget if she went to sleep like in the movie and the day re-started or what.  But the show revolved entirely around her and this crazy, crazy thing that was happening to her. Oh, and she had some big ol' dog, too.

The only memory I have is that she was running out of breath at the nurses station.  I think I've blocked the rest out due to PTSD.

• Love 4

I'm sure most of you are going to want to shoot me in the back and kick my body into the harbor like a soccer ball after I must admit this, but I'm really excited about Michael & Sabrina.   They and Nathan & Ellie are the only good things about this show for me right now.  So I'm sure Ron will fuck both couples up six ways to Saturn by mid-June.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 7

So this week's SID apparently confirms bloodshed at the Nurses' Ball.  How festive!  #eyeroll

In other horrors, Ron is supposedly quoted as saying there's a lot more focus on music this year (MORE FOCUS?!?!) and there was apparently a blurb about Spencer doing a tribute to "Mom".

Tribute to Who?! No. DO. NOT. WANT. I knew that shit poll was a harbinger of doom. I KNEW IT.

• Love 7

Tribute to Who?! No. DO. NOT. WANT. I knew that shit poll was a harbinger of doom. I KNEW IT.

She will rise from the Hellmouth, like the soulsucking demon she is.  If ONLY she would grab her spawn and take him back to the nether regions with her.  

But, since those are just underneath Wyndemere, they'd be popping back up for breakfast anyhow.

I'm sure most of you are going to want to shoot me in the back and kick my body into the harbor like a soccer ball after I must admit this, but I'm really excited about Michael & Sabrina.   They and Nathan & Ellie are the only good things about this show for me right now.  So I'm sure Ron will fuck both couples up six ways to Saturn by mid-June.

Nope, I'm with you.  Never thought I'd say anything good about Sabrina, but right now she's MUCH less annoying than most of the rest.

But Felix MUST go away again STAT.

• Love 5

Well, I'm never going to begrudge poor Micheal for getting a friend who's not mooching off him nor banging his brother. I'm quite delighted for the newest Quartermaine.

*side note I'm afraid to consider Danny an actual Quartermaine because so many have died.

• Love 1

I was just hoping they'd try to do a mob shootout during the live ep so yay to this! 

These live eps are gonna be so bad and I am so exited.

Also, both Ned and Olivia will exit in May.

So maybe they'll be the wedding in the live ep and then move away. I'm down for it.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

So maybe they'll be the wedding in the live ep and then move away. I'm down for it.

I dunno about married, but I could see them leaving town together and then Olivia can come back in a few months solo.  A decent solution to two exit issues.

I'm still concerned one of the proposals/weddings is gonna be Lucas and Brad, which would be so lame*.

*...unless the wedding is attended by Lucas' old friend from med school Lyle, who hits it off with Ellie's cop cousin Trout.  C'mon, Ron, dance on those lawsuit lines!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

The live episodes will probably go fine, because they'll put real work into it. Like the anniversary episode of young Luke - as a one-off episode, is was very well done.

But - like the anniversary episode - the likely success in the ratings of the live episodes won't fix the serious issues of the stories, the inconsistencies, etc. that are plaguing this show on a day to day basis. The episode wrapping up Fluke was good on its own - but it in no way completely explained all the Fluke crap that had come before, and what came afterwards has pretty much sucked.

• Love 7

*...unless the wedding is attended by Lucas' old friend from med school Lyle, who hits it off with Ellie's cop cousin Trout.  C'mon, Ron, dance on those lawsuit lines!

Yes. Do it, Ron!

The live episodes will probably go fine, because they'll put real work into it. Like the anniversary episode of young Luke - as a one-off episode, is was very well done.

Stop killing my dreams!

• Love 4
Ugh, I hate that this is what Dr. O has been reduced to, fawning over Franco and having such an unworthy nemesis in Nina.

This is exactly what this freak deserves. Actually, no, she deserves to be murdered.

Jake and Elizabeth still yearn for each other and share a close moment.

Shut the fuck up.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 3
If they introduced Sab like this from the beginning, I'd like her.

I know. Sabrina is a supporting character, and Ron was trying to make her a lead. Neither TeCa nor Sabrina has enough heft for that. 

I could see them leaving town together and then Olivia can come back in a few months solo.

This is probably LiLoC's maternity leave.

• Love 4

Apparently, according to SOD, ABC dictated a wedding and a shooting happen during the live episodes.

Oh this is going to be good, in a hilarious way.

This is probably LiLoC's maternity leave.

I'm hoping Ned & Olivia marry, go off on their honeymoon and then either they come back with him right recast or he just never appears on-screen but he is back in PC and living at the Q's.  

It's like with Robin I think they should have her move to Beecher's Corners and made occasionally references to Emma being with her or having just left when someone shows up somewhere.

When there is an event that Robin or Ned or whoever should be there, just state that a work emergency came up.  It doesn't make much creativity to write around an absent actor.

• Love 6

Apparently, according to SOD, ABC dictated a wedding and a shooting happen during the live episodes.

Is LLC just going on her maternity leave or is she going for good? I missed that news if it's the latter. 

ETA: dubbel zout beat me to it. 

Edited by UYI