Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

(edited)

She doesn't return for the cash (or at least, it's not the main reason). She returns because she has affection for the character and the people she works with, and respect for the fans who want to see her as Robin.

KMc protested the Lisa-tries-to-inject-Patrick-with-Robin's-blood story (not that that got her anywhere), and was even initially willing to have Robin killed off permanently.

So, I kind of wish she would tell TFGH she doesn't want to keep coming back just for Robin to be constantly victimized and for the Scrubs relationship to get further and further dragged through the mud.  That Robin fans deserve a reasonably happy resolution for her.

I don't blame any of the actors for not taking a stand, since I doubt most of them have any real power any more, and because I'm sure making the show is a lot more fun for the actors than actually watching it and trying to understand it.  But I kinda wish she would get opinionated about this.  

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 3

If it makes you feel better, KMc has been tweeting some zingers lately about Scrubs/Patrick. Her latest was yesterday when she quoted Emma's "That's Mommy's bed" and said, "You tell 'em baby!" Ha.

• Love 9
(edited)

sarcasm start) But don't you see - that's why it would be this amazing plot twist that no one could see coming! (sarcasm stop)

No the real twist would be after Lulu in her baby rabies obsession yanks the baby out of Robin's arms, it will be revealed that Robin was already pregnant with Patrick's child when the embryo failed when implanted unknowingly to Helena and her doctors. Robin would lose her child to Lulu and won't know for YEARS.

Despite the time frame and how biology works, Ron won't care. Because he will think he is so clever and gets to screw with Ribin once again.

Edited by nilyank

If it makes you feel better, KMc has been tweeting some zingers lately about Scrubs/Patrick. Her latest was yesterday when she quoted Emma's "That's Mommy's bed" and said, "You tell 'em baby!" Ha.

She also seemed really confused on instagram about the Lulu embryo rumors. Her comment was on this  pic (which makes me think she was on set recently - maybe just visiting?)

https://instagram.com/p/0vv4wgLf7w/?taken-by=kimmeabreak

No the real twist would be after Lulu in her baby rabies obsession yanks the baby out of Robin's arms, it will be revealed that Robin was already pregnant with Patrick's child when the embryo failed when implanted unknowingly to Helena and her doctors. Robin would lose her child to Lulu and won't know for YEARS.

I don't think Lulu would be too eager to yank that baby out of Robin's arms.

That Robin shit rumor is vile and tantamount to rape. So...that gets Ron excited. 

But if it happens, I hope the current freefall in ratings would look like the "good ol' days". There needs to be a limit to the sickness.

• Love 4

Yeah, we knew about the pregnant Robin rumor a while back. I think we all reacted with sheer horror. I think Ron can and will do it unless McCullough objects. That baby's ending all up inside some innocent lady, that's for sure.

• Love 3

Yeah, we knew about the pregnant Robin rumor a while back. I think we all reacted with sheer horror. I think Ron can and will do it unless McCullough objects. That baby's ending all up inside some innocent lady, that's for sure.

Unless Ron can create some sort of incubator, no matter who carries the little monster, the story has seriously rape-y vibes. RC needs help. Desperately.

• Love 3

They should have kept Britt around. She had no problem carrying someone else's baby.

Well Britt did leave with Faison thanks to Helena so maybe that is happening off-screen.

• Love 1

They should have kept Britt around. She had no problem carrying someone else's baby.

Well Britt did leave with Faison thanks to Helena so maybe that is happening off-screen.

That would make much more sense

Which is exactly why it won't happen because, God forbid, we should get a plot point that makes sense.

Anyone else see the promo that ran right before the show today?  I saw it briefly....Hayden was in bed with someone, Michael was yelling at Sonny to stay away from the baby, and those 2 asshats were discussing the next phase of their plan and high fiving....But I can't find it online...I wanted to try and see who Hayden was in bed with (it looked like sexy times, not just sleeping)

Here is the promo from Facebook -

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152908655098731

I have to say, and I never thought I would, but Nik and Hayden were hawt. Maybe I'm just so starved for some sex on this show that doesn't utterly bore me or make me want to spork my eyes out. And sounds like Hayden thinks along the same lines as Liz, I still remember her saying Nik was the best sex she ever had.

• Love 2

Is the point of Nik knocking boots with Hayden to make him feel like he's banging Jason's not wife since he can't sex up Sam? Or is this a partners in crime thing? I'm a bit confused.

Oddly, someone yelling at Sonny to stay away from a child doesn't phase me. Like, that is normal. Or rather, should be. You should yell at freaking dangerous predators to stay away from children. Poor Micheal Quartermaine. Come here, take off your pants, I mean jacket. I'll comfort you. I meant jacket, guys. Don't twist my words;)

• Love 3

Gawd I am so sick of Nikolas.  Poor Prince of Douchey Tides, has to bang the con woman chick because he's keeping quiet about his cousin's husband being alive, but he feels really super bad about it.  Blech.  His turn to the dark side could have been interesting, but it's just...not. 

Also, I see the Serena/Christina/Anna Donely rumors came back around again.  On one hand, I would really love to see those characters.  On the other, I'm a little scared to see those characters under Ron's pen. 

• Love 6

Gawd I am so sick of Nikolas.  Poor Prince of Douchey Tides, has to bang the con woman chick because he's keeping quiet about his cousin's husband being alive, but he feels really super bad about it.  Blech.  His turn to the dark side could have been interesting, but it's just...not. 

Also, I see the Serena/Christina/Anna Donely rumors came back around again.  On one hand, I would really love to see those characters.  On the other, I'm a little scared to see those characters under Ron's pen. 

I hear you.I just hope Anna or serena make Kiki miserable lol.

• Love 2
(edited)

I would love to see new, young characters who are well-connected to the GH canvas - who have ties to major GH families and/or GH history and who can, therefore, continue the legacies of those famiies and that history.  AND who don't have to have whole freakin' histories and new families written for them!!!

However, like you, I'm very nervous about how these characters will be portrayed by RC's sometimes-poisonous pen.  He has a regrettable talent for making even "nice" characters unlikeable - or, at best, uninteresting.  

As for these "rumors," my gut instinct is that these recent casting calls are really going to come to our screens this time.  Last summer, there was a lot of conversation about how those 2014 new young characters had actually been hired and how their stories were cancelled at the last minute in that awful summer of rewrites to accommodate many changes. 

It appears that Jamey Giddens, who does get some good information, has spoken about Serena, Dillon and Brooklyn and a few  others coming soon to Port Charles. (That said, I haven't heard the podcast myself and am watching for a link to it. Has anyone here heard this podcast?) 

As well, in spite of his sometimes inconsistent track record, this is the type of general information which HNY often gets right.  He has made a point of saying that there is a mandate to beef up the younger age groups, even to point to hiring a consultant to facilitate this process.  This general comment fits with us now seeing these new casting calls.  

In addition, in a recent twitter chat, Becky H spoke about Elizabeth getting more family soon - and one of these teens is possibly that family member.

In closing, can I put in a bid to see those marvellous young actors who played young Luke and young Patricia again on our GH screens?  

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 1

I listened to some of the podcast.In it he talked about how the network wanted a teen scene and they wanted more than old women WTF and little kids.He talked about how they wanted to recast Dillion and Brooklynn.

• Love 1
(edited)

In addition, in a recent twitter chat, Becky H spoke about Elizabeth getting more family soon - and one of these teens is possibly that family member.

Maybe Sarah Webber had an off-screen child that she sends to stay with Liz?  Ron loves his PARALLELS and Liz having a rebellious teen foisted on her, just like Audrey had with Liz, would qualify indeed.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
(edited)

In closing, can I put in a bid to see those marvellous young actors who played young Luke and young Patricia again on our GH screens?  

They really should just hire them to play 2 of the new characters. 

they wanted more ... little kids.

WHAT?! NO! WHY? PLEASE STOP!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

I listened to some of the podcast.In it he talked about how the network wanted a teen scene and they wanted more than old women WTF and little kids.He talked about how they wanted to recast Dillion and Brooklynn.

Is there an available link for the podcast?  I'd love to listen to it. 

As well, in spite of his sometimes inconsistent track record, this is the type of general information which HNY often gets right. He has made a point of saying that there is a mandate to beef up the younger age groups, even to point to hiring a consultant to facilitate this process. This general comment fits with us now seeing these new casting calls.

Why do they need a consultant? TPTB simply need to allow MT to do HIS job as casting director. Keep Crapitini our of it and we have a chance at a decent young adult/teen set.

• Love 6

Is there an available link for the podcast?  I'd love to listen to it. 

It is on the daytime confidential  site in the podcast section its called flirting with diaster it was a few weeks ago.I didn't listen to it all but somebody said that he talked about the characters they wanted to cast they talked about dillion and BL first 10 minutes but someone told me that in the middle they mentioned them again 

.A teen girl who was on as a child and her boyfriend a newbie teen.A girl whos parents we had known and Serena would be played by CS.

• Love 1

It is on the daytime confidential  site in the podcast section its called flirting with diaster it was a few weeks ago.I didn't listen to it all but somebody said that he talked about the characters they wanted to cast they talked about dillion and BL first 10 minutes but someone told me that in the middle they mentioned them again 

.A teen girl who was on as a child and her boyfriend a newbie teen.A girl whos parents we had known and Serena would be played by CS.

Thank you.  I had noticed that title, but thought the younger set was referenced in a new podcast.  I'll listen sometime today.

Ok, I listened to that DC podcast called "Flirting with Diaster" and I really didn't get much from it about hiring younger cast - other than some very brief, passing, general comments about the network wanting younger charcters as part of their key demo.  That part of the conversation was a brief spin off from the main topics - the hiring of Rebecca Budig and the majority podcast opinion that the GH cast is too large. 

Jamey did make a joke about hearing via the grapevine (NOT from a source) that GH would soon be "nothing but old women."  But I did not hear that specific comment directly attributed to the network.  And it was treated as a joke by the podcast particpants.

The names Dillon, Brooklyn, Serena and Christina did come up, but without any specific confirmation they were slated to appear soon on GH.  IN fact, JG said he heard that Dillon and BL were on hold.

So ... take all of that for what it's worth.  

• Love 1

I hope to God that if Brook Lynn is brought back, her character is somehow completely rewritten/rehabilitated from the last time she was on.  I totally wanted to throw her off a parapet then.  The whoring herself out and taking Carly's money to rape Dante/wreck Dante's and Lulu's lives rather than live with the Qs and go to college, and then the stupid Pygmalion/My Fair Lady crap with Nikolas (who didn't GAF one iota what she'd done to his sister) -- like I was supposed to believe that a Quartermaine had never learned how to properly use a fork?  Ugh, just horrible.

• Love 8
(edited)

IA BRooklynn was written bad last time she was on unfortunately I have no hopes that it will be any better under RC.I  mean look at how nobody seems to have any jobs or goals in the 20s.I do hope shes in the ELQ story.THey do need more people closer to michael age besides him and tracy lol.

Edited by Harmony233
  • Love 2

I hope to God that if Brook Lynn is brought back, her character is somehow completely rewritten/rehabilitated from the last time she was on.

100% agree.  She was such an assholes to the Quartermaines last time.  But sadly, given skeevy Nikolas a while back assuring Helena that he could bang Brook's ELQ share out of her, I wouldn't hold out much hope.

So Nik is so outraged by Hayden's lie he just has to bang her? Way to keep your priorities straight, dude.

On the plus side, at least Hayden isn't really married (as far as we know) and Nik bangs her, anyway. Usually, a wedding ring from another guy really revs Nik's motor! So...progress?

• Love 5

I kind of wish she would tell TFGH she doesn't want to keep coming back just for Robin to be constantly victimized and for the Scrubs relationship to get further and further dragged through the mud.

There's really not much dragging left to do.  Scrubs is dead, and no amount of handwaving is going to make it come back alive again.

Nina is still hanging about.  She doesn't mind grabbing babies not her own either.

Maybe Sarah Webber had an off-screen child that she sends to stay with Liz?  Ron loves his PARALLELS and Liz having a rebellious teen foisted on her, just like Audrey had with Liz, would qualify indeed.

If it's a niece of Liz's, I'd strongly suggest she stay home whenever there's a school dance...

Ambrose, I was thinking that too! Maybe they could make this Lydia in disguise.

Actually as much as Greenlee bugged me on AMC I would be intrigued if it were the actual Greenlee that they paired up with Nikolas.

• Love 3

The problem is that Ron and Frank see most recasts (especially of deeply inconsequential characters like Lydia) as being too "unworthy" of these big soap stars they grab. Budig can't play Lydia or Sarah Webber because it's too "ordinary"; Roger Howarth can't be Tom Hardy because it's not as aggressively flashy out of the gate as Todd or Franco.

• Love 2