Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

(edited)

Anyone else see the promo that ran right before the show today?  I saw it briefly....Hayden was in bed with someone, Michael was yelling at Sonny to stay away from the baby, and those 2 asshats were discussing the next phase of their plan and high fiving....But I can't find it online...I wanted to try and see who Hayden was in bed with (it looked like sexy times, not just sleeping)

ETA:  Nevermind, Box305 answered it for me it's on the same page under staggering stunners...Hayden is in bed with Nikolas.  What an asshole.  I really hope Sam kicks his ass 2 ways to Sunday.

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 1
(edited)

Apparently they are trying again with all the Serena/Christina/Anna Donnely casting . . . from DD

Here are the casting breakdowns for the teens and 20 somethings they want to bring on-
-blonde/light brown hair. female. 22-26. feisty and determined. *recast (not currently planning on holding mass auditions so maybe they're hoping to put young Patricia in this role?)
-brunette/blonde hair. male. 27-30. quirky and fun. *recast (would like a name actor)
-female. must be a brunette. 27-30. great singing voice. spoiled and mischievous. *recast

-all hair colors accepted. female. 14-17. sweet and kind. *new character
-brunette. female. 15-18. troubled and abandonment issues. *recast (has to be able to handle serious and emotional material)
-all hair colors accepted. male. 16-19. wrong side of the tracks. *new character

From the audition summaries:

-the first girl is talking to Felicia/Anna? about her parents. Doesn't seem to be mad at them but it's all very vague. Her mother is good friends with the woman she's talking to.
-the 27 to 30 guy is telling his mother that he needed to come back to town to help her during this time
-the 27 to 30 girl is with Alexis/Olivia? saying that stringing her father along is unfair to everyone

-new teen girl is with someone who has to be Liz and is saying she's happy to be in Port Charles and to get to know her family. Liz says they're all happy to have her here.
-recast teen girl is with her mother and she's whining about how she hates Port Charles and wants to go home. Antagonistic with mother. Wants her father.
-new teen boy is with Carly/Olivia?. They think he's stealing from the MetroCourt but he says he's a guest of mother of recast teen girl.

the late twenties man and woman are obviously Dillon and Brook Lynn.

By the way, for anyone worried they're actually bring any of these people on, it's a crapshoot as to whether they will.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
(edited)

This has to be at least the third time they've tried to bring on these characters and their storylines. I was all for it (even if one specific male character seems like another iteration of Cole Thornhart/Rafe/Trey/Ford/etc. and FV's Great White Teen Hope) but I am beginning to become convinced it will never, ever happen.

If it does, I am half-expecting them to punitively recast Kevin with Scott Bryce or something. "Gosh, Kevin, you look different! We could've used you when Luke was in trouble - you're a true detective of the mind! I guess you were too busy for us here in little ol' Port Charles!"

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

Are they aging any of the kids or bringing on Christina Baldwin? The teen boy sounds like SORAS'D Cameron, the teen girls sound like they could be Joss and Emma. The twenties guy and girl (singing girl) sound like Dillion and Brook Lynn.

I'd recommend Cassie Steele from Degrassi for Brook Lynn. She can sing, has a great scene presence, and probably is in their price range. The other teens I'm sure they can steal from Degrassi too. That show usually is a mine for talent.

• Love 1
(edited)

They're not aging any of those current kids until Nicolas Bechtel is old enough to shave. Unless they ice him like they did the bratty Jack Manning at OLTL, who they were enamored of but not nearly as much (he was also a better actor).

I do wish Joey Luthman(?) and Chloe Lanier from the anniversary episode could get contract roles. I think it would be worth aging Cameron to do it, but they never will.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

I think you could do it with that Luke kid, who looks much younger than he is (he was also on The Goldbergs looking really young), but the problem is they've now set Emma, Cam, Spencer and Joss as contemporaries, and they'd rather fire half the cast than age Spencer right now and change that. There may come a tipping point where Ron gets some new great idea and they have to cut their beloved prince and SORAS Spencer, but I doubt it. I think he's the new, less talented and trained Kristen Alderson.

• Love 3

Age Cameron, I agree! But Emma? I don't want her aged if just for the fact that Robin has already missed a ton of time with her. I don't want it to become even longer, soapy or not...

Still say ROBIN should be recast if KMc can't/won't come back for any true length of time.

• Love 3

Age Cameron, I agree! But Emma? I don't want her aged if just for the fact that Robin has already missed a ton of time with her. I don't want it to become even longer, soapy or not...

Sure, but then you deal with the awkwardness of that teen parading around town while little Brooklyn/Emma is still hanging out asking Daddy about Mommy and the fourth grade, and being squired around by Spencer. It would just look weird given the last year. "Remember that time we dated, Emma? I guess the best man won!"

I don't think FV will ever recast Robin unless he has zero choice, and I wouldn't want him to. But they were the ones who made the decision to once again leave Robin in limbo.

• Love 3

Sure, but then you deal with the awkwardness of that teen parading around town while little Brooklyn/Emma is still hanging out asking Daddy about Mommy and the fourth grade, and being squired around by Spencer. It would just look weird given the last year. "Remember that time we dated, Emma? I guess the best man won!"

I don't think FV will ever recast Robin unless he has zero choice, and I wouldn't want him to. But they were the ones who made the decision to once again leave Robin in limbo.

To be fair, it's been working for Cam until recently. Then there is the Spencer issue: A few years ago, he went from child to what looked like almost a tween and back to a child. Ron ignores things at will. What's one more?

• Love 1

I would be fine with aging Spencer and Cameron. Cam is older than Molly, but Spencer was actually born only a few months after Molly. Plus, we could get an older, possibly better actor and NB may still have a chance of salvaging his childhood.

Alas, none of this will ever happen. 

• Love 1

I don't remember Spencer ever being a tween.

The actor was only on for a few days with barely any lines; I tend to think casting realized he was too old and reversed things. But there was also a scene, and I am not sure if it was that older actor or ANOTHER (Spencer seemed to be played by kid actor of the day for a while) when Spanish-speaking Emma was at the park in a sandbox and a much older-looking Spencer gives her a juice box.

(edited)

Apparently they are trying again with all the Serena/Christina/Anna Donnely casting . . . from DD

Here are the casting breakdowns for the teens and 20 somethings they want to bring on-

-brunette/blonde hair. male. 27-30. quirky and fun. *recast (would like a name actor)

Please, for the love of God, anyone but JPL - anyone except one of the Fords

Edited by Oracle42

Re: Casting sheets

Personally, I feel we need a cast culling before we add anymore characters. I've been researching for my fanfiction (I actually try to honor GH's history instead of spitting on it) and an epidemic would be a wonderful way to put the hospital back in General Hospital and cut the cast.

You wouldn't even have to kill anyone, just send them off into quarantine on a foreign island - get rid of about 20 extraneous characters and bring in 5 or 6 that actually have a real connection to the show's history (Sean and Tiffany's kids, Brooklyn, Dylan).

There - you have cut the cast budget, freeing up some money to bring back a couple of legacy characters (cough Scorpios cough) and maybe a color of paint other than gray.

Felix is back, though I can't possibly say that I've missed him along with his annoyance.

Maxie needs to stop pretending.  She wants Spinelli back regardless of how pretty Nathan is.

Speaking of Nathan?  He and Lucas are close friends now?  Since when?  Oh, that's right, they're friendship was built OFF SCREEN!  Sarcasm aside, this actually doesn't bother me too much.  I've always thought that Nathan could use a couple of guy friends.  He's got Dante already and Lucas seems nice enough plus he's Maxie's cousin.  My guess is that Nathan enlists Lucas to help him help Maxie "see the light" so to speak.

I think GH might have the largest cast in the history of television. Where is the money coming from to pay for these new people? And what happened to the cast purge that was supposed to be coming because the actors are getting a pay increase thanks to SAG-AFTRA?

• Love 1

Speaking of Nathan?  He and Lucas are close friends now?  Since when?  Oh, that's right, they're friendship was built OFF SCREEN!  Sarcasm aside, this actually doesn't bother me too much.  I've always thought that Nathan could use a couple of guy friends.  He's got Dante already and Lucas seems nice enough plus he's Maxie's cousin.  My guess is that Nathan enlists Lucas to help him help Maxie "see the light" so to speak.

I want Nathan, Dante, Michael and Lucas to have a guys night out. An entire episode of these four shootin' the suit, with Mac behind the bar and offering advice would be amazing.

• Love 4

I hope they successfully introduce some of these characters. Maybe a teen/twenties group would decrease some of the screen time given to the love lives of the ten year olds

Unless any of the alleged recasts are the 10-year-olds...

Why should Robin be recast? So NuRobin can be shit on face-to-face by Patrick? No thanks. He can take his Sam-loving ass and exit stage left and Robin can be in Paris sharing beds with Lucky (or Licky, according to my autocorrect).

• Love 4
(edited)

Is HNY unreliable?

Yes. But he used to be reliable a while back, so people still like to see what he writes.

HNY appears to get very long range information from brainstorming and storyboard sessions.  My strong guess is that his drops are legitimate possibilities at the time he shares them, but that they are subject to change - something which he often mentions.   And I do think things change A LOT in the writing room at GH.  Case in point - Fluke ceasing to be Bill Eckert.   Or the delays in general caused by Tony Geary's ill health.  Or the last-minute dropping of a teen story last summer.  Or the impossible mess created by writing out McBain, Todd and Starr in March, 2013 - and re-introducing them in May, 2013.  That much rewriting will inevitably derail or delay other long range story plans. 

And his information is delayed.  Example:  He forecast the departures of Connie/Kate, AJ and Johnny months and months before they left. 

So, IMO, reading and assessing  his information is a hard call - and sometimes an exercise in long-term patience. 

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 5

I do hope dillion and Brooklynn show up even though that age groupm does seem kinda full at the moment lol.

they do need another girl in the early 20s age group besides KIki.Not much on teen stories but anything for less spencer lol.

(edited)

My cableguide for Monday: Emma hurts Spencer.

My reaction: haha, suck it ya little douche!

I'm still pissed he didn't fall off those books yesterday and break his neck.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3
(edited)

Why should Robin be recast? So NuRobin can be shit on face-to-face by Patrick? No thanks. He can take his Sam-loving ass and exit stage left and Robin can be in Paris sharing beds with Lucky (or Licky, according to my autocorrect).

I would accept a one-week recast, if that's the only way to wrap up this story sooner rather than later and end Robin's constant kidnapping!  

In my ideal world, she'd show up and announce that her dad rescued her offscreen months ago and she's just been hiding from the Legion of Doom until Robert and Anna thought it was safe for her to come out.  And then she'd grab Emma and leave, telling Patrick on the way out of town "good luck with that Sam relationship!"  Then look pointedly at Jake and snicker.  

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 3

Man. About.com has had the weirdest Robin rumor on there forever. I didn't want to post it..... but I'll throw it out there. It's only a rumor. Rumor. I'm not saying it's word law spoiler. Just rumor.

So they're saying Robin will return after SamTrick are moved in and settled, whatever and.... remember that Stavros /Lulu embryo? Helena implanted in Robin. So she tells Sam hey you're married. Jake is Jason. And informs Patrick that she's been held hostage by Helena and has been forced against her will to carry an embryo.

I really want this to not be true because Robin has been through enough. Can you imagine Lulu on her about her baby?

(edited)

Oh that's disgusting.  Please, please no.  I just can't with this shit anymore.  

I'm already living on the Barge now because so many of the stories are nasty and mean-spirited.  Especially what's been done to Robin.  If this happens, I will have to fantasize about leaving a flaming bag of dog poop on each of the writers' doorsteps ...

Let's all post constantly about how we totally know this is where Robin's story is going, and Ron is so predictable, and we totally guessed it.   Then he'll totally change it, like the Fluke story ...

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 7

It just makes no sense, that idea. Like you said, she's HIV+. Over 35. Doesn't like Helena. WHY would Helena use her out of all the young women who would do it for some cash? I know, I know. Only the basement exploded.

• Love 11
(edited)

It's such an obvious story too, more obvious than Evil Luke being Bill. Don't get me wrong, its sick, but obvious.

That said, some deranged part of me almost wants Ron to go there to see the ratings down into freefall like they did in the spring of 2011. The show has now hit three consecutive new lows in total viewers women 18-49, and I think doing that story exacerbate that trend.

But beyond all that, I can't see Kimberly agreeing to play it. She's been landing directing jobs so I doubt she's that hard up for cash.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1
But beyond all that, I can't see Kimberly agreeing to play it.

Do you really think that would stop them? Entire pregnancy happens off-screen and then is revealed later - maybe with a wig on a stick in bed playing Robin. Robin goes into coma after birth - and stays that way until Kimberly agrees to come back.

Kimberly agrees to come back, Robin is found and Patrick is shocked, shocked I tell you, to discover that Robin didn't leave him willingly.

God I hate what they have done to the Patrick character. He was always a dick but, even at his worst, he always worried about Robin and cared for her. This Stepford version is just complete BS.

• Love 6
I can't see Kimberly agreeing to play it. She's been landing directing jobs so I doubt she's that hard up for cash.

She doesn't return for the cash (or at least, it's not the main reason). She returns because she has affection for the character and the people she works with, and respect for the fans who want to see her as Robin.

We knew the Stavros/Lulu embryo (god, I'm sick of that word) would return eventually. I don't know why Ron would have Helena give it to Robin. As ulkis pointed out, it would be a high-risk pregnancy for at least two reasons—Robin's age and HIV+ status—so if Helena really wants the baby, Robin isn't anywhere near the best candidate. I can see Robin being involved as the forced GYN/OB or something like that, though. 

• Love 4
I don't know why Ron would have Helena give it to Robin. As ulkis pointed out, it would be a high-risk pregnancy for at least two reasons—Robin's age and HIV+ status—so if Helena really wants the baby, Robin isn't anywhere near the best candidate.

(sarcasm start) But don't you see - that's why it would be this amazing plot twist that no one could see coming! (sarcasm stop)

If he does it, FU Ron, seriously, FU!

I've been sitting on that since Robin left. It feels so good to let it out. I don't think it's true, but about.com was the place I saw the rumor where there'd be Faison returning as Duke with a latex mask and that shit happened. That site has been on/off for me ever since.

I feel like I have Alan Quartermaine's wedding ring in my hands, and I'm lurking in the shadows.