Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I'm worried we haven't heard from jsbt after the Duke news. Can somebody do a wellness check at his apartment? I fear he might have fainted, or worse.

I was going to ask what about the murder of Connie Falconeri. ...but this is GH. No one serves time unless they're fat.

No one cares about Connie anymore.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

I do feel bad for all the old school D&A fans who waited 20 some-odd years to get their couple back, only to get royally shat on by Ron--at this rate, saying that Jonathan Paget WAS actually Duke and therefore already dead would have been for the best. But the shady R&A fan in me is also kind of enjoying this. *gives evil side eye* ;)

That said, I've always adored IB and wish him well. Is he supposed to be on the Twin Peaks reboot?

Edited by UYI
  • Love 3

I do feel bad for all the old school D&A fans who waited 20 some-odd years to get their couple back, only to get royally shat on by Ron--at this rate, saying that Jonathan Paget WAS actually Duke and therefore already dead would have been for the best. But the shady R&A fan in me is also kind of enjoying this. *gives evil side eye* ;)

That said, I've always adored IB and wish him well. Is he supposed to be on the Twin Peaks reboot?

I love, love, love R & A and will always 'ship them over D & A. But I also love IB and thought D & A was a great little tragic love story. They shouldn't have revisited that just to fuck it up all to hell.

Especially since they've fucked up everything involving Robin. Just stop! Like, do whatever you want to Sonny, just stop killing my childhood memories of characters I like, ok?!

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 5

Are we sure Duke is going to be killed off?  I am dreading a reveal that it actually WAS FAISON THE WHOLE TIME (AGAIN!)  Just kidding.   BUt not really.

No we're not actually. 

Are we sure Duke is going to be killed off?  I am dreading a reveal that it actually WAS FAISON THE WHOLE TIME (AGAIN!)  Just kidding.   BUt not really.

I just don't get the point of killing Duke. IB is recurring so they have no obligation to pay him X amount per month. And Sonny is already for all intents and purposes running his "organization" again. What does killing Duke accomplish? An Emmy reel for Fin? Because it sure as hell isn't going to suddenly make Anna/Sloane a viable pairing.

• Love 2

I was going to ask what about the murder of Connie Falconeri. ...but this is GH. No one serves time unless they're fat.

I suspect that the governor will commute Ava's sentence to time served because she is dying, like what happened with the Lockerbie bombing guy in real life.

No one cares about Connie anymore.

No one cared about Connie to begin with.

• Love 2

Especially since they've fucked up everything involving Robin. Just stop! Like, do whatever you want to Sonny, just stop killing my childhood memories of characters I like, ok?!

Thank you. I've watched this show sonce I was 8 (I'll ne 40 on my birthday) and Ron has done nothing but shit on this shows history. Even thou R&A are my thing now, child me loved Duke and Anna.

IB is still a decent actor and still has good chemistry with FH.

WHY not kill off nuKiki, Sabrina, Nina, Silas, Jake, etc.

• Love 3

Nope! It's happening.

Last I heard there's some creative differences with David Lynch and Showtime so it's not going swimmingly.

To make this on topic, I could see them killing Duke precisely because he's on recurring so they can tout a huge death of a big character without actually killing off someone on contract.

I read "Sam makes a decision in regards to Patrick’s proposition," as "Sam makes a decision in regards to Patrick’s prostitution," and I was suddenly interested in Samtrick.

• Love 3
Anyway, I think part, but not the predominant reason, of why I hated that exit so much is that it was well publicized why she was leaving. I thought and still think it was utter bullshit to not give Genie parity with Tony. It would have been so easy to write Laura off for a few months; she and Lesley and Lulu could have just been off travelling. It was so vindictive and so petty for Jill to deny Genie that summer off and then write out Laura as a drooling loon.

Which is exactly why I'm hoping that is now Luke is now written out, permanently. If it was good enough for Laura, it's good enough for Luke.

@Tiger, hey replying to your post here as well cause there are some spoiler-y parts I want to address. This is the spoiler for thursday's episode:

General Hospital

Thu, Apr 02,
Jake is surprised when he has memory flashbacks that include Sam; Elizabeth and Patrick open up to each other about their problems; Ric tells Sam about Jake's situation; the Spencer family must make a hard decision concerning Luke's future.

I'm hoping they stick him in shadybrook and he actually stays there, instead of some dumb "Luke is hip enough to be able to heal himself" crap, but given how they treated Luke and his alcoholism, I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow escapes again, because Luke is Too Cool to be do things other people do like pay taxes and go to hospital and rehab.

• Love 3
Also just tell the secret Olivia, it's not worth it.

I despise Nina and Franco, especially as a couple, but I kind of enjoyed them torturing Olivia. She deserves it for going to see Franco. There was absolutely no reason whatsoever for that (except as a plot point, of course). That said, Yes, tell the secret, Olivia. It's going to come out anyway eventually; you might as well get in front of it for once.

I could see them killing Duke precisely because he's on recurring so they can tout a huge death of a big character without actually killing off someone on contract.

Same here, though Duke is hardly a big character these days. But that's how it would be promoted.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

I despise Nina and Franco, especially as a couple, but I kind of enjoyed them torturing Olivia. She deserves it for going to see Franco. There was absolutely no reason whatsoever for that (except as a plot point, of course). That said, Yes, tell the secret, Olivia. It's going to come out anyway eventually; you might as well get in front of it for once.

I cannot tell you how much I want Olivia to glare at Franco, march over to Julian - tell him they'll need a paternity test and then order Franco& Nina out of the hotel. She and Ned can always try to get the paternity test switched later.

Franco needs to be shut down early and often because he is vile.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6

Olivia needs to just be friends with Brad. Switching test results is kinda his thing. Plus, it would give Brad and Lucas a story besides being hot, gay, and props.

I can actually see this happening. Not the friends part, but Olivia asking Brad to swap the results. Julian will get more adamant down the line that that baby is his, probably ask for a DNA test, and then Olivia will ask Brad to switch them. Brad will be conflicted because this kid, as far as he knows, could be Lucas' sibling. So, conflict of interest. At the same time, I can't find any logical reason Brad would have to want to help Olivia as nothing good out of it would come for him. No promotion waiting in the wings this time, and unlike last time, he better knows the parties involved. Of course this is Ron we're talking about, so who needs character motivation, just write it in because it's for the plot!

UGH, this baby plot is so fucking stupid. These are grown ass adults with grown kids and grandkids. Just tell him you're having his kid, he pops over and visits on weekends and holidays, and move the fuck on.

Edited by BinkyMimo88
  • Love 3

I can actually see this happening. Not the friends part, but Olivia asking Brad to swap the results. Julian will get more adamant down the line that that baby is his, probably ask for a DNA test, and then Olivia will ask Brad to switch them. Brad will be conflicted because this kid, as far as he knows, could be Lucas' sibling. So, conflict of interest. At the same time, I can't find any logical reason Brad would have to want to help Olivia as nothing good out of it would come for him. No promotion waiting in the wings this time, and unlike last time, he better knows the parties involved. Of course this is Ron we're talking about, so who needs character motivation, just write it in because it's for the plot!

Well, actually, I could Olivia poking Brad's guilt over helping to hide Rocco's paternity; I actually have more trouble picturing Olivia going to him for help because of that but I guess it's more believable than her blabbing to Franco of all people.

• Love 4

Last I heard there's some creative differences with David Lynch and Showtime so it's not going swimmingly.

That isn't a creative thing, it's a money thing and it'll get resolved, if it hasn't been already.

As for Duke, he's the obvious casualty and they should've killed him sooner IMO. He's just been dragged deeper into the mud over the last year-plus.

• Love 2
UGH, this baby plot is so fucking stupid. These are grown ass adults with grown kids and grandkids. Just tell him you're having his kid, he pops over and visits on weekends and holidays, and move the fuck on.

Seriously. It's not a soapy story the way it's being told. It's Round 2 for Olivia herself, and Round Too Many for this show.

• Love 1

Is it too late to make a "If Duke dies, I'm sure his BFF Sonny will honor him by having sex on his grave" joke?

I despise Nina and Franco, especially as a couple, but I kind of enjoyed them torturing Olivia.

If Franco MUST be free and MUST be on the show, I kinda want him to get back to making Carly's life a living hell.  She's had it way too easy lately.

• Love 9

I'd allow a camp story of Franco pretending the Ghost of AJ is taking over his body so that he can "haunt" Carly while Micheal discovers his Quartermaine roots. Because it would piss Carly/Sonny off and it satisfies Ron's need for Roger Howarth to be in the campiest stories. AAlthough, if done right, I think it could be creepy.

• Love 1

Are Duke and Lucy even official? I watch every day, I saw their scenes a week or two ago and I'm honestly not sure if they've done anything but kiss once or twice. That relationship is nothing, and was clearly intended to be nothing but them drowning their sorrows with the wrong people.

In the maybe two minutes of screen time they got together the other week, Lucy and Duke said they've been spending time together and that both were open to the possibility of dating.  So, per usual, the minuscule development there happened mostly off-screen.

Not that it matters.  Mark my words, Duke will die in Anna's arms.  He'll take a bullet for her or Anna will be forced to shoot him or something lame like that.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Here's to hoping Finola at least gets an Emmy for this bullshit. If not for anything else, but for having impeccable hair in a sea of shit hair stylists on this show. Let's raise our glasses to Finola and to Ian. The shit wardrobe and hair/makeup never got him either. That's a win now.

• Love 6

Here's to hoping Finola at least gets an Emmy for this bullshit. If not for anything else, but for having impeccable hair in a sea of shit hair stylists on this show. Let's raise our glasses to Finola and to Ian. The shit wardrobe and hair/makeup never got him either. That's a win now.

IB really does still look good in a suit. I've often wondered if he was wearing his own because the jackets and vest fit him so well.

After some thought, Duke's death would be a mercy killing. I'll just pretend none of this run every happened. They have destroyed the character by making him into a schmuck samurai cat.

• Love 6

After some thought, Duke's death would be a mercy killing. I'll just pretend none of this run every happened. They have destroyed the character by making him into a schmuck samurai cat.

I blame you guys! All this talk, speculation about Duke possibly being killed off? I had a dream night before last, where he was killed off, and thrown over the side of a ship and into the dank waters of PC River or the Atlantic. Or whatever they're calling that particular body of water.

And my dreams tend to come to fruition.