Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

Rumors from about.com :

Ric hires Rebecca Budig's character to come between Liz/Jake

Something Carly says does get between them down the line

TG may be retiring in April and this story is setting up his exit. JJ and NP will make appearances and GF to see Luke off.... but total rumor.

Nathan has an idea to protect Jordan.

Sam reminds Nik he had something important to tell her.

I'd rather Nathan render Spin unconscious for a month, but a broken jaw is good, too.

I don't want it to be anything TOO bad that people can throw in Nathan's face.

TG may be retiring in April and this story is setting up his exit. JJ and NP will make appearances and GF to see Luke off.... but total rumor.

this one has been around for a while; I used to have some hope but since it's March now, I really doubt it.

• Love 3

About this...

Rosalie shares some ELQ information with someone via the phone and Sabrina overhears

Presumably, she's talking to Helena.  Is Nikolas really so stupid that he sent Helena into isolation on Cassadine Island, but let her keep a cell phone? 

• Love 2

So, next Thursday Kiki will learn Sabrina is Avery's nanny again? Is she that dumb that she's learning things twice? Morgan and Kiki are soulmates.

Tuesday is when they "plot" to take down big bad truth bomb telling Mikey. I'm off work that day. I better prepare for eyerolling name calling and wanting to throw things listening to those two hypocritical dumbasses.

About this...

Presumably, she's talking to Helena.  Is Nikolas really so stupid that he sent Helena into isolation on Cassadine Island, but let her keep a cell phone?

Yes he is

• Love 2
I'd rather Nathan render Spin unconscious for a month, but a broken jaw is good, too.

I don't want it to be anything TOO bad that people can throw in Nathan's face.

Nathan is going to get crap no matter what, which will be annoying given that Spin is the one who made the stupid challenge in the first place. So Nathan might as well do something worth getting crap for. Heh.

[TG's retirement rumor} has been around for a while; I used to have some hope but since it's March now, I really doubt it.

Same here. I can't imagine the show wouldn't endlessly milk the fact that TG is leaving, and two weeks is quick notice. He deserves a big sendoff, IMO. He helped put GH and soaps into mainstream culture.

• Love 3

Same here. I can't imagine the show wouldn't endlessly milk the fact that TG is leaving, and two weeks is quick notice. He deserves a big sendoff, IMO. He helped put GH and soaps into mainstream culture.

As much I've been irritated with his performance this past year, I agree.

• Love 4

As much I've been irritated with his performance this past year, I agree.

TG's exit needs to be a true sweeps event with Genie back to a few weeks at least and TRo, JJ, NP and even JMB doing cameos. Laura, Bobbie, Tracy, and Lulu should all be heavily involved in story and other characters that were once very close to Luke like Lucy and Sonny should also participate.

• Love 6

I think they should just get a good recast Lucky now so whenever his exit does actually happen, there will be some poignancy with the new guy. They can get JJ to replace him for a couple of days on Tony's last episodes, if they can get him. I doubt Geary will ever officially leave GH. He'll probably always pop in for as long as he can.

• Love 3

Rumors from about.com :

Ric hires Rebecca Budig's character to come between Liz/Jake

I wish they'd have hired Budig to replace Kimberly Mc. because stories suck without Robin around. It's like Robin fell off the face of the earth and NO ONE in PC cares!

The actresses are only a few years apart in age and sort of resemble each other. It could have worked. :mad:

Edited by BunnyFooFoo
  • Love 5

Maaaaaaaybe. I don't think Rebecca Budig has ever come across as particularly warm, and that is Robin. (Robin is ~~Love~~! Kidding, kidding.)

I don't think stories suck without Robin around. But it sure does bring them down a lot when the reason Robin is not around is being she is being held captive and no one is disturbed that she's been off on her own trying to deal with her trauma for 7 months now.

I actually like that Morgan and Kiki spoiler, because it's at least about Morgan doing something, instead of meekly following around Kiki and Sonny. (Yes, I know there's a good chance he'll just nod his head and do whatever Kiki comes up with.)

• Love 8

I'd say November sweeps as July sweeps are more of a mini-sweeps period IIRC.

You're right. I think July will be - this is me guessing- Jason's reveal and if they would recast Lucky then May sweeps would be the debut or try out period for the actor. Then November will be TG's exit. I still feel like something else will happen.

Why is Rosalie still on this show?

According, to MoRon, the viewers are demanding it.  LOL

I doubt Geary will ever officially leave GH. He'll probably always pop in for as long as he can.

He said in an interview not to long ago that when he leaves he wants Luke dead so he can't pop in and out.  Course, since he changed his mind about retiring last year, he could very well have changed his mind on this.

Oh Geary. Does he really think, 6 months after they killed Luke off, if they called and asked, he would be able to resist the temptation of acting out Luke digging himself out of his own grave?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 10

The voices in Ron's head don't count.

I find that hrd to believe i forget her about her easily lol.

I find that hrd to believe i forget her about her easily lol.ecspecially when shes not aired in awhile lol.

Maaaaaaaybe. I don't think Rebecca Budig has ever come across as particularly warm, and that is Robin. (Robin is ~~Love~~! Kidding, kidding.)

I don't think stories suck without Robin around. But it sure does bring them down a lot when the reason Robin is not around is being she is being held captive and no one is disturbed that she's been off on her own trying to deal with her trauma for 7 months now.

I think if Robin was around it would create more angst in the Patrick/Sam relationship. Patrick would come to see or get Emma and have to see Robin. Robin could have been consulted by Patrick on what Helena could have done to Luke and Jake. Robin could also not know Jake is Jason, after all he has a new face. But she could have been part of the reveal of Jake/Jason. She could investigate Jake and start to put two and two together.

The way it is no one mentions her. Her mother is fine with never speaking with her? Her ex-husband is fine with her having no interaction with Emma? Doesn't anyone realize Robin wouldn't stay away from Emma if the choice was hers?

I hate how the writers just drop a character and think it's fine with the viewer. They have to stop coddling actors like TG and KMc for their needed time off. If you need that much time off quit and let someone else, someone that would be glad to work on the show have the job.

• Love 2

But even if they recast Robin, who's to say the writing or the story would be more interesting or different, especially in terms of some triangle with Sam/Patrick?

And more importantly, JT is not a chemistry magnet. Like, at all. He would have to have GREAT chem with this new Robin for any sort of drama to work.

• Love 1

I hate how the writers just drop a character and think it's fine with the viewer. They have to stop coddling actors like TG and KMc for their needed time off. If you need that much time off quit and let someone else, someone that would be glad to work on the show have the job.

With all due respect, I vehemently disagree that the Idiots in Charge are coddling Kimberly McCullough. Her contract was up in 2012 and she decided to LEAVE/quit  so she could pursue the Directorship program which was for two years. She was willing to come back to tie up Robin's story. I'm sure she didn't know that the fuckwits in charge would keep her a perpetual hostage. That's ALL on Frank and that douchenozzle ratbastardprick fuckwit Ron.

Now, do I wish that Kimberly would just say "No thanks" to them? Yes! A THOUSAND TIMES YES! But Kimberly is fond of the cast and crew and so returns, time and time again, even though her character becomes roadkill, massacred, annihilated....you name it. I think it's totally unfair to blame Kimberly for any of this. It's up to the fucking writers to write around her absence or fucking recast her.  Kimberly herself wanted Robin killed off in 2012, but the new regime nixed that.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 21

I think if Robin was around it would create more angst in the Patrick/Sam relationship. Patrick would come to see or get Emma and have to see Robin. Robin could have been consulted by Patrick on what Helena could have done to Luke and Jake. Robin could also not know Jake is Jason, after all he has a new face. But she could have been part of the reveal of Jake/Jason. She could investigate Jake and start to put two and two together.

The way it is no one mentions her. Her mother is fine with never speaking with her? Her ex-husband is fine with her having no interaction with Emma? Doesn't anyone realize Robin wouldn't stay away from Emma if the choice was hers?

KMc did quit, Frank and Ron are the ones who continue to want her back. I can't blame Kim for Ron's inability to write well. TG is another story, IMO.

• Love 5

It's different with Geary and Kim McC. Geary has a contract. Kim is not actually on the show. At all. All the times she's appeared on the show since she left in 2012, have been the show calling her and asking her to come back and her agreeing. It is 100% their choice. All Kim does is agree to come back.

• Love 2

The answer is simple. Kill Patrick Drake. If I have my choice of doctors, I'll trade Dr. Matt Hunter and Dr. Stephen Lars for one Dr. Patrick Drake. I'm approaching this like football. Fire JT, who can't generate chemistry and gets lazy, to either reboot Roger Howarth or fire him too. Get two actors that are good and cheaper with the guarantee that if ratings aren't good, they can get cut. That's two salaries cut right there. Kill Duke in the mob war too. That's 3 big salaries freed up. Get a third, cheaper option (hi Mark Lawson!) to play Lucky. Boom. Rating go up when there are big deaths and big payoffs. Kill Patrick and Duke in the mmob war. Have Luke kill Franco because he's crazy and bam. We're good.

• Love 2

The answer is simple. Kill Patrick Drake. If I have my choice of doctors, I'll trade Dr. Matt Hunter and Dr. Stephen Lars for one Dr. Patrick Drake. I'm approaching this like football. Fire JT, who can't generate chemistry and gets lazy, to either reboot Roger Howarth or fire him too. Get two actors that are good and cheaper with the guarantee that if ratings aren't good, they can get cut. That's two salaries cut right there. Kill Duke in the mob war too. That's 3 big salaries freed up. Get a third, cheaper option (hi Mark Lawson!) to play Lucky. Boom. Rating go up when there are big deaths and big payoffs. Kill Patrick and Duke in the mmob war. Have Luke kill Franco because he's crazy and bam. We're good.

I like JT, but since Robin is gone, I don't really see him/Patrick fitting anymore. His dad and brother are gone and, while he does get lazy, I also blame the writers since Patrick is now a chess piece more than an actual character. I'd get lazy, too, if I never had any POV to speak of. With all that said, Patrick can leave town. No need to kill him.

Roger Howarth? Different story. Franco SUCKS, should never have been recast, and the whole thing is a freaking mess. Can his ass and kill Franco dead dead. Can Sabrina. And can Michelle Stafford while we're at it. Bam. A bunch of money saved.

• Love 9

I like JT, but since Robin is gone, I don't really see him/Patrick fitting anymore. His dad and brother are gone and, while he does get lazy, I also blame the writers since Patrick is now a chess piece more than an actual character. I'd get lazy, too, if I never had any POV to speak of. With all that said, Patrick can leave town. No need to kill him.

Yeah. I think they could have made Patrick post-Robin work, but they muddled it up and now it's all a mess. Send him off to be with Robin, or grovel at her feet or [insert your own choice here]. And JT can get lazy but he's a much better actor than Jason Cook.

Roger Howarth? Different story. Franco SUCKS, should never have been recast, and the whole thing is a freaking mess. Can his ass and kill Franco dead dead. Can Sabrina. And can Michelle Stafford while we're at it. Bam. A bunch of money saved.

Yeah. Sorry grrpants, I know you like the guy, I did too at times but that's another thing they absolutely muddled. But I don't think they will ever let the man go anyway so it's moot.

Kill Duke in the mob war too. That's 3 big salaries freed up.

No, letting IB go wouldn't free up much, he's recurring and doesn't make much in comparison to the people on contract.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

I wonder if RoHo will leave when his contract is up. He doesn't look as if he's enjoying himself. It's a paycheck, sure, but when you can barely drag yourself to work, it's time to move on.

JT can get lazy but he's a much better actor than Jason Cook.

Agree, but I also think the writing wasn't working with JC's strengths as an actor. I don't think he handled the heavier stuff that well.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

Or beaten to death with an easel.

I'd pay good money to watch Franco get beaten to death with an easel.  

I can't blame Kim for Ron's inability to write well.

I would have to agree.  There is no excuse for the writers choosing the absolute worst possible way to explain Robin's extremely long absence, and the way most likely to make all the remaining characters look like clueless assholes.  Also, having the same character kidnapped three times in rapid succession is so unbelievably dumb and lazy, I just ... I can't even.  

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 9

Oh, dear, we also find out why Luke split. I like the flashback idea. I loved the 1969 stuff Ron did on OLTL. You could tell the actors were having a blast with it. So different from watching their souls die on a daily basis.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4

Hilarious that the only thing I know from that era of GH is thanks to Mystery Science Theater 3000 and their riffing on old episodes. Also, based on this clip, BH would make a marvelous Jessie.:

• Love 1